PDA

View Full Version : How The The Rangers Fans Saw Tonights Game

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 12:01 AM
All of the following quotes were lifted straight from the so-called Bears Den this evening, enjoy reading:

We got lucky tonight, and its another cup win under Ally's belt, but we were .ucking rotten in all honesty, the red card bailed us out

they then started to try and play which showed us up for what we were....clueless

Nobody seemed to know when and where to close down or what their responsibility was defensively and offensively it crippled us, causing us to be penned back.

the hibs goal was coming and ally did nothing,

Hibs had a lot of freedom down the right hand side during the first half, they were pinging balls at that area with ease

We were second best all over the pitch until the sending off.

Hibs can consider themselves unlucky to come away with a lose tonight. They impressed me. They came at us with a quick passing game, something they've learned after only 8 weeks under Stubbs.

Hibs then started to dominate the midfield with Wallace continually been caught out of position

Hibs more than deserved their goal.

Hibs support are .hitting it this yr but they will go away with confidence now after seeing that

We're lucky that Hibs finishing was rotten tonight,

I thought Hibs looked like the winners tonight until Handling got sent off

i honestly think that if they had kept 11 men on the park they'd have beat us.

We sent Hibs home full of confidence about the upcoming season.

hibs overran us in midfeild and waldo was up against 2 the majority of the time

We're lucky Hibs couldn't hit a barn door

we scraped a win against a brand new hibs team with a new manager.

have been outplayed by a club who's squad have been ripped apart pre season and ours has been building for 2 years

Hivs seem to have more of a battling mentality

.uck sake. Being schooled by Hibs

this is soul destroying

They look fitter and sharper than us......poor stuff

you can see he has at least got them playing decent football, much better than ours

.ucking awful second half totally dominated by hivs

I dread to think what would have happened if they hadn't went down to 10.

Even 10 men are holding the ball better than we are and creating chances which they should just not be able to create.

Ref done us a favour, although you wouldnt think so as hivs still looked better down to ten.

HoboHarry
06-08-2014, 12:08 AM
AS should pin this on the dressing room wall. Rangers fans summing up why our players should have no fear of that mob.....

matty_f
06-08-2014, 12:08 AM
They're spot on for a change. Ref bailed them out.

SMAXXA
06-08-2014, 12:10 AM
See for me in a totally simplistic but powerful sense I would put very one if these comments up in the dressing room and laugh like **** cause that's what we are all about now. The players should take huge confidence from that and get more and more confident from reading that from the so called champions in waiting.

i actually did think the same as a few of the comments we did look fitter, sharper and we actually looked stronger even from some not so perceived big strapping lads. What a difference confidence can make to players.

edinburghhibee
06-08-2014, 12:11 AM
I've not seen the tackle yet and can't find it on YouTube anyone got a clip of it?

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 12:12 AM
AS should pin this on the dressing room wall. Rangers fans summing up why our players should have no fear of that mob.....

I agree. If anything, our boys should be kicking themselves for losing. I hope they take their frustration out on Livingston and score a few in the process.

madabouthibs
06-08-2014, 12:26 AM
Even though we got beat, I was delighted with how we played tonight.
You could clearly see the reluctance to hoof the ball up the park, and the pass and move mentality was working a treat. We still need that wee killer touch in the last 1/3 of the pitch though.

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 12:40 AM
You could clearly see the reluctance to hoof the ball up the park, and the pass and move mentality was working a treat. We still need that wee killer touch in the last 1/3 of the pitch though.

I agree, in particular about requiring that 'wee killer touch' in the last third. Pleasing performance.

The_Horde
06-08-2014, 12:44 AM
The fact that one of their posters thinks we're a whole new side speaks volumes for how different we looked compared to last season.

We only had 3 new players starting the match.

SMAXXA
06-08-2014, 02:40 AM
;4118436']The fact that one of their posters thinks we're a whole new side speaks volumes for how different we looked compared to last season.

We only had 3 new players starting the match.

We are a whole new side, not in personnel terms but in coaching and a team sense......I ****ing love hibs so I do. All this **** and embarrassment we have had to endure I couldn't give a toss, they are my club they are your club and as cheesey as some of the ill informed marketing is, together we most definitely are stronger.

hibs fans tonight 20 out of 10

ACLeith
06-08-2014, 04:46 AM

Agree 100%. The confidence to play a pass to someone who didn't have acres of space but who controlled it or passed it on was also a major step forward and helps avoid hoofing it.

We know it's early days and there will be games when we are poor, but the fact that 8 of the starting 11 were from last season just shows again what a difference a modern thinking manager who is respected by the players can make.

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2014, 07:09 AM
We are a whole new side, not in personnel terms but in coaching and a team sense......I ****ing love hibs so I do. All this **** and embarrassment we have had to endure I couldn't give a toss, they are my club they are your club and as cheesey as some of the ill informed marketing is, together we most definitely are stronger.

hibs fans tonight 20 out of 10
Sums it up for me mate. ..lowest point ever in May but we will come back stronger. Stubbs has only had 2 months and we can see from last night the transformation. Just give him some time and im sure he will have us back where we belong...that was our best footballing display in I don't know how long...certainly a performance we havent seen under last 3 managers. Yes we should have scored more. ..but lets give it time...

brog
06-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Spot on & I think it will happen. 2 other slightly side comments; 1). I was delighted that Liam C was so gutted in his pm interview. Really upset that we'd failed to beat newco on their own patch with 10 men. That's the attitude we need. 2). AS comments on official site are spot on. Encouragement but disappointment also.
what a difference in attitude & commitment!

down-the-slope
06-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Some pretty brutally honest comments about ref / their own shape & mentality / fitness etc .... but also very spot on comments about our shooting / lack of converting chances....

Lots of positives and some things to work on...

PS - please keep playing 3 at the back and dreaming you are 'Van Gaal' Ally :tee hee:

patch1875
06-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Seem to sensible to come from a the rangers fan.

SanFranHibs
06-08-2014, 10:58 AM

And there were even a few times they looked to be taking a risk when playing it out from tight situations but it was actually well calculated and executed because they had the confidence not only in themselves but in each other. One good example of this new found confidence was near the end when the Hibs defender had his back to his own goal about 10 yards outside the box, a couple of Rangers players around him and the ball which was dropping from a great height was I thought about to be knocked forward about 40 yards and frankly in that situation would not have condemned him for doing so. But he just killed it dead and played a controlled short forward pass out to the supporting Hibs player.

Now, as may have said we just need that killer touch. Riordan anyone?

HEY....just joking but someone has to say it :greengrin

Keith_M
06-08-2014, 11:35 AM
All of the following quotes were lifted straight from the so-called Bears Den this evening, enjoy reading:

I think AS should pin THOSE to the dressing room door.

I'm not purposely being negative but no team should dwell for too long on the parts they got right, they should concentrate on what was poor and be determined to improve it. The thing is, I think AS will have them doing that very thing.

With better quality finishing, it would have been irrelevant how many favours the Ref gave Der Hun..

Togs91
06-08-2014, 11:45 AM
And there were even a few times they looked to be taking a risk when playing it out from tight situations but it was actually well calculated and executed because they had the confidence not only in themselves but in each other. One good example of this new found confidence was near the end when the Hibs defender had his back to his own goal about 10 yards outside the box, a couple of Rangers players around him and the ball which was dropping from a great height was I thought about to be knocked forward about 40 yards and frankly in that situation would not have condemned him for doing so. But he just killed it dead and played a controlled short forward pass out to the supporting Hibs player.

Now, as may have said we just need that killer touch. Riordan anyone?

HEY....just joking but someone has to say it :greengrin

I heard sparky no??........... :P :D

SanFranHibs
06-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I heard sparky no??........... :P :D

Well...alright. We'll give him a second chance and see if we can resuscitate his career yet again.

SuperAllyMcleod
06-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Well...alright. We'll give him a second chance and see if we can resuscitate his career yet again.

I heard we could get him for £150K but we have to pay for all of his footwear too.:wink:

Keith_M
06-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I heard we could get him for £150K but we have to pay for all of his footwear too.:wink:

....and all his kids' shoes, which makes it totally out of our budget.

SanFranHibs
06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
....and all his kids' shoes, which makes it totally out of our budget.

you and SuperAlly are right...the shoes are a deal breaker.

so, what we need is a goalscoring hippie! Only one strip and no shoes. Even our budget can handle that.

Oooh to, oooh to be, oooh to be a Hippie !

SuperAllyMcleod
06-08-2014, 01:21 PM
you and SuperAlly are right...the shoes are a deal breaker.

so, what we need is a goalscoring hippie! Only one strip and no shoes. Even our budget can handle that.

Oooh to, oooh to be, oooh to be a Hippie !

You need to get him a new strip - that one has white sleeves, unfortunately ours don't. :boo hoo:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-08-2014, 02:20 PM
They have a thread called "Were we playing Barcelona tonight?"

Lol.

Scott Allan Key
06-08-2014, 02:58 PM
One called us hivs! I must lead a sheltered life.

Still, can't fault much else. Oh, for a ruthless finish like their second goal, which we had ample chance to have get ourselves in normal time.

SanFranHibs
06-08-2014, 03:37 PM
One called us hivs! I must lead a sheltered life.

Still, can't fault much else. Oh, for a ruthless finish like their second goal, which we had ample chance to have get ourselves in normal time.

A typo or a computer virus?

J-C
06-08-2014, 04:50 PM
A mate of mine who's a Gers fan was winding me up on FB saying how can we no beat a team of ageing players, he did concede that we played well but lacked killer instinct and the red card was only a yellow, he's one of your more realistic Rangers fans, been living in Edinburgh for 20 odd years now, so he's mellowed a bit.

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 05:31 PM
I think AS should pin THOSE to the dressing room door.

I'm not purposely being negative but no team should dwell for too long on the parts they got right, they should concentrate on what was poor and be determined to improve it. The thing is, I think AS will have them doing that very thing.

With better quality finishing, it would have been irrelevant how many favours the Ref gave Der Hun..

I agree 100% with the highlighted comments. Our finishing and creativity in the last 3rd is an issue, which I'm sure Alan Stubbs can see quite clearly.

emerald green
06-08-2014, 05:47 PM

We got lucky tonight, and its another cup win under Ally's belt, but we were .ucking rotten in all honesty, the red card bailed us out

they then started to try and play which showed us up for what we were....clueless

Nobody seemed to know when and where to close down or what their responsibility was defensively and offensively it crippled us, causing us to be penned back.

the hibs goal was coming and ally did nothing,

Hibs had a lot of freedom down the right hand side during the first half, they were pinging balls at that area with ease

We were second best all over the pitch until the sending off.

Hibs can consider themselves unlucky to come away with a lose tonight. They impressed me. They came at us with a quick passing game, something they've learned after only 8 weeks under Stubbs.

Hibs then started to dominate the midfield with Wallace continually been caught out of position

Hibs more than deserved their goal.

Hibs support are .hitting it this yr but they will go away with confidence now after seeing that

I thought Hibs looked like the winners tonight until Handling got sent off

i honestly think that if they had kept 11 men on the park they'd have beat us.

We sent Hibs home full of confidence about the upcoming season.

hibs overran us in midfeild and waldo was up against 2 the majority of the time

we scraped a win against a brand new hibs team with a new manager.

have been outplayed by a club who's squad have been ripped apart pre season and ours has been building for 2 years

Hivs seem to have more of a battling mentality

.uck sake. Being schooled by Hibs

this is soul destroying

They look fitter and sharper than us......poor stuff

you can see he has at least got them playing decent football, much better than ours

.ucking awful second half totally dominated by hivs

I dread to think what would have happened if they hadn't went down to 10.

Even 10 men are holding the ball better than we are and creating chances which they should just not be able to create.

Ref done us a favour, although you wouldnt think so as hivs still looked better down to ten.

Going by these quotes, how the hell did Hibs manage to lose this match?

I know the referee has done us over as usual, but Hibs need to put the ball in the net and the game would have been over before the ordering off.

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Going by these quotes, how the hell did Hibs manage to lose this match?

I know the referee has done us over as usual, but Hibs need to put the ball in the net and the game would have been over before the ordering off.

By lacking that edge and creativity in the final 3rd. An issue which Alan Stubbs will, I'm sure, address.

emerald green
06-08-2014, 08:45 PM
By lacking that edge and creativity in the final 3rd. An issue which Alan Stubbs will, I'm sure, address.

:agree: Yep, that's what I mean by putting the ball in the back of the net mate.

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
:agree: Yep, that's what I mean by putting the ball in the back of the net mate.

:tee hee: Point taken

WestCoastHibby
06-08-2014, 11:26 PM
This thread really warms the cockles for me. It's been doom and gloom for a good while and I was genuinely impressed how we got on at Castle Grey Skull. Stubbs has obviously imprinted some knowledge and coherent tactics to these players. When he signs a proper finisher or two we've got to have a chance.
I also had it confirmed to me. Super Ally is anything but these days. He is not and never will be a football manager. Merely topping up his pension in his last season at Ibrox ?

Ronniekirk
06-08-2014, 11:52 PM
This thread really warms the cockles for me. It's been doom and gloom for a good while and I was genuinely impressed how we got on at Castle Grey Skull. Stubbs has obviously imprinted some knowledge and coherent tactics to these players. When he signs a proper finisher or two we've got to have a chance.
I also had it confirmed to me. Super Ally is anything but these days. He is not and never will be a football manager. Merely topping up his pension in his last season at Ibrox ?
Pick think any striker coming in will be another young loan player and if that's the case he needs to be better than Cummings as no point in giving him a three year deal and not playing him .But if current strikers don't start scoring in next two league games Stubbs will have a decision to make about where his priority is to strengthen .