PDA

View Full Version : When was I last so proud in a defeat

SMAXXA
05-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Don't confuse this with proud in a defeat as no one ever is but I watched the game today in South America albeit through a rubbish signal but I genuinely feel so proud of what I seen today. Yes people will laugh cause we got beat but I turned round and said to a guy I'm the pool who's from Aberdeen that I don't honestly remember us playing so brilliant football since the Mowbray days.

immensely proud of what I seen today and I'm sure hibs fans will flock back having witness that. We outplayed the favourites for this league by a country mile, we looked confident, we looked slick we were very very good. Agree that we need more of a killer instinct but we went to ibronx and dominated them.

early days of course and not getting carried away but I genuinely feel very proud of my team after watching that today, our team and yes a team.

HoboHarry
05-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Don't confuse this with proud in a defeat as no one ever is but I watched the game today in South America albeit through a rubbish signal but I genuinely feel so proud of what I seen today. Yes people will laugh cause we got beat but I turned round and said to a guy I'm the pool who's from Aberdeen that I don't honestly remember us playing so brilliant football since the Mowbray days.

immensely proud of what I seen today and I'm sure hibs fans will flock back having witness that. We outplayed the favourites for this league by a country mile, we looked confident, we looked slick we were very very good. Agree that we need more of a killer instinct but we went to ibronx and dominated them.

early days of course and not getting carried away but I genuinely feel very proud of my team after watching that today, our team and yes a team.
Well said but I'm sure the hystericals will be on soon enough to tell us all that we are s***e. I think it's going to be a good season for Hibs.

SMAXXA
05-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Well said but I'm sure the hystericals will be on soon enough to tell us all that we are s***e. I think it's going to be a good season for Hibs.

Thanks pal :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Performance was great, much to be encouraged about.......

matty_f
06-08-2014, 12:01 AM

Just finished watching the game on Alba and I thought we were terrific. Attitude was spot on, tactics were right, passing crisp and the team harried until they got the ball back. There wasn't a bad performance in the team.

Ref's made a Noel Hunt of the game with the red card, had it not been for that I'm confident we'd have gone through in the 90 minutes.

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Just finished watching the game on Alba and I thought we were terrific. Attitude was spot on, tactics were right, passing crisp and the team harried until they got the ball back. There wasn't a bad performance in the team.

Ref's made a Noel Hunt of the game with the red card, had it not been for that I'm confident we'd have gone through in the 90 minutes.

Even the The Rangers fans agree. Check out my thread containing quotes I lifted from The Bears Den after tonights match against them.

Nutmegged
06-08-2014, 01:21 AM
I thought we played really well, big Farid should ha e had us up on the night with either one of his two good chances after Danny's goal, passed and moved well.

I'm happy with how we played but not happy with the result, I felt the game had already started turning by the time Handling was wrongly sent off, Templeton changed the game for them.

This wasn't us going ti Ibrox of old and being the better team, this was us going to the new incarnation of Rangers, thats not a cheap dig, this is a poor Rangers team, they'll probably have the strength in depth over the Season to win the League but I've no fears we'll take points off them, so will hearts

We should have beaten them tonight, we can take a lot of positives but the end game had a familiar feel to it, glorious failure although glorious isn't a word that can be attributed to that club no-more, it'll take them about 5-7 years at least to get back to the strength of player they had Pre Liquidation

SanFranHibs
06-08-2014, 01:32 AM

A very encouraging performance. Just need to bury these chances, but nonetheless a very composed look about us.

I have to confess, I still think we need a couple of players but also have to say on the evidence of this game (and as bad as they are, The Rangers have to be better than east Fife) Stubs has taken us further than I had hoped. A couple of more players and we could be right up there.

Up, up and away!!!

wick hibby
06-08-2014, 06:25 AM

100% agree

MB62
06-08-2014, 07:54 AM

:top marks :agree:

banarc7062
06-08-2014, 08:02 AM
What a vast improvement in a short time from the hoof "tactics" of previous management to passing football. I am sure this will become better as the season progresses whereas our opposition last night appear unfit overweight and I am sure they dreaded the extra time. GGTTH:flag: