PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Humo
05-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Ox- 6 started off poor and was poor for the first goal but improved significantly afterwards

Gray - 8 solid in defence and pretty good in attack best RB for a while
Hanlon/ Forster -7 great paring worked well together solid performance
Stevenson -7 usual reliable performance and took a booking which stopped a dangerous counter attack

Craig 7 much much better from last season not my motm but a good performance

Roberston 6 always seems to get injured or have cramp at one stage in a game and this time it cost us a goal

Harris 8 thats the player we saw in the falkirk sf

Stanton 5 not good enough and should of been subbed early imo lots of potential but to young and inexperienced to be relied on in these big games best for him to just forget about today and move on

Handling 9 Motm imo took his goal well linked the attack with the midfield and tracked back shouldn't of been sent off but what does he expect when its the old firm

El alaqui (sorry if misspelt) 7 solid good few chances should score loads this season against lesser opposition

loanhead hibs
05-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Ox- 6 started off poor and was poor for the first goal but improved significantly afterwards

Gray - 8 solid in defence and pretty good in attack best RB for a while
Hanlon/ Forster -7 great paring worked well together solid performance
Stevenson -7 usual reliable performance and took a booking which stopped a dangerous counter attack

Craig 7 much much better from last season not my motm but a good performance

Roberston 6 always seems to get injured or have cramp at one stage in a game and this time it cost us a goal

Harris 8 thats the player we saw in the falkirk sf

Stanton 5 not good enough and should of been subbed early imo lots of potential but to young and inexperienced to be relied on in these big games best for him to just forget about today and move on

Handling 9 Motm imo took his goal well linked the attack with the midfield and tracked back shouldn't of been sent off but what does he expect when its the old firm

El alaqui (sorry if misspelt) 7 solid good few chances should score loads this season against lesser opposition

Can't argue with that

Pretty Boy
05-08-2014, 10:20 PM
0s all round.

Getting beat is an automatic 0. ****ing losers to a man. If you get beat you can't acknowledge an improved performance.

hibeemikey21
05-08-2014, 10:25 PM
0s all round.

Getting beat is an automatic 0. ****ing losers to a man. If you get beat you can't acknowledge an improved performance.

I feel lower tonight than I did after Hamilton. Club in freefall.

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 10:27 PM
:greengrin ^^

Oxley 5 - Poor at the first goal but played well enough after that. Great save from Boyd and also very good distribution throughout.

Stevenson 6 - Looked sharp getting forward, although IIRC he had some involvement in us conceding the first goal.
Hanlon 8 - Extremely solid tonight, our defence is so much better with him in the side. I pray that he stays injury free this season.
Forster 8 - My MOTM. Made a number of cracking last ditch clearances and barely put a foot wrong throughout. A completely different player from last season.
Gray 8 - Solid, got forward well and his crossing was great. More of the same please.

Robertson 6 - Passing was quite poor and was rather unfortunately at fault for the second. Some great work from him at the back at times though.
Craig 8 - His distribution of the ball was brilliant tonight. More of the same please.

Harris 6 - Looked threatening at times without producing any real magic. Was involved in some good team moves. However I would like to see us sign another winger for him to compete with.
Handling 7 - I honestly wasn't all that impressed with him up until his goal. After it he seemed much more confident - such a shame he was then shafted by a bloody awful decision.
Stanton 5 - Not great tonight. Shooting was poor, in particular that 1 on 1 that went straight at the keeper.

El Alagui 4 - Couple of decent chances missed. I think he will come good but he was disappointing tonight.

Overall an encouraging display. We could still do with a few bodies, but on the whole I feel a lot more positive after watching that.

SmashinGlass
05-08-2014, 10:27 PM
0s all round.

:top marks :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Oxley 5 - Poor at the first goal but played well enough after that. Great save from Boyd and also very good distribution throughout.

Stevenson 6 - Looked sharp getting forward, although IIRC he had some involvement in us conceding the first goal.
Hanlon 8 - Extremely solid tonight, our defence is so much better with him in the side. I pray that he stays injury free this season.
Forster 8 - My MOTM. Made a number of cracking last ditch clearances and barely put a foot wrong throughout. A completely different player from last season.
Gray 8 - Solid, got forward well and his crossing was great. More of the same please.

Robertson 6 - Passing was quite poor and was rather unfortunately at fault for the second. Some great work from him at the back at times though.
Craig 8 - His distribution of the ball was brilliant tonight. More of the same please.

Harris 6 - Looked threatening at times without producing any real magic. Was involved in some good team moves. However I would like to see us sign another winger for him to compete with.
Handling 7 - I honestly wasn't all that impressed with him up until his goal. After it he seemed much more confident - such a shame he was then shafted by a bloody awful decision.
Stanton 5 - Not great tonight. Shooting was poor, in particular that 1 on 1 that went straight at the keeper.

El Alagui 4 - Couple of decent chances missed. I think he will come good but he was disappointing tonight.

Overall an encouraging display. We could still do with a few bodies, but on the whole I feel a lot more positive after watching that.

Think you'll find that it was Sammy that lost the man :wink:

Django
05-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Oxley- 6. Should have done so much better with the goal and looked nervey

Gray- 8. Solid in defence, also good going forward
Forster- 7. Seemed to deal with Boyd/Miller reasonably well and won several aerial challenges
Hanlon- 7. Same boat as Forster
Stevenson- 7. Another good perfomance from wee Lewis. Wants to get forward more

Robertson- 7. Cramp lead to second goal:dunno: nonetheless still played well
Craig- 7.5. Solid performance. Confidence has come on massively and passing has drastically improved

Stanton- 6. Just wasnt Sammys night imo. Good build up but lacking a final product
Handling- 8.5. Our motm. Reckon he would have won the game if he wasnt sent off. Brilliant performance. (Do we have an appeal case?)
Harris- 7. Again, his confidence has come on too. Promising build up but final ball is lacking.

Farid- 6. Poor finishing from the big man tonight but holds up the ball well, just dont think he is match fit yet

Heff- 6. Looked promising
Allan- 5
OTJ-4

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 10:31 PM

They look quite alike to be fair :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 10:32 PM
They look quite alike to be fair :greengrin

You mean they both had white tops on? :greengrin

Brightside
05-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Solid 7s from all. Robertson should have been changed earlier. We need to get Allan fit quickly as he should become a major player for us.

FromTheCapital
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Oxley (6) - Should've done better for the first goal but looked composed and confident afterwards.

Gray (7) - Done well both in defence and attack. Good performance.

Forster (7) - Kept Boyd and Miller quiet and didn't really look troubled. Nothing to do with the goals.

Hanlon (7) - See Forster.

Stevenson (6) - Done well. Defended well but wasn't up to much going forward.

Harris (7) - Got at the full backs when in possession. Looks rejuvenated under Stubbs.

Robertson (6) - Done okay. Should've just kicked the ball out when he was injured which led to the goal.

Craig (7) - Started off a bit sloppy but grew in to the game. Big improvement.

Stanton (5) - Cracking player but lost his man for the first goal and shooting was way off.

Handling (9) - MOTM. Ran the show and looked like a completely new player. Super finish also. Never a red!

El Alagui (6) - Put himself about well and generally did well but missed a few big chances.

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
You mean they both had white tops on? :greengrin

AAAAND green shorts :agree::greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Stevenson was very impressive, Never misplaced one pass,,,He was MOTM...Either him or David Gray...Bash on LS haters but the fact is he never put one stray pass all night :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unseen work
05-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Oxley - 6 - should of done better with goal, other than that done well and good save from boyd

Gray - 7- impressed me, defends well, keeps the balls and gets up the line, good crossing
Forster - 8 - coped well against miller and boyd and couple of cracking last ditch tackles
Hanlon - 7 - coped well with miller and boyd, defence a lot more solid with him. Brilliant pass for Stanton chance
Stevenson - 7 - defended well and kept ball well, right winger never done much other than score that is

Craig - 7- kept the ball a lot better and done some brilliant through balls for Stanton and El alagui, much of the same please
Robertson - 6- disappointing tonight IMO, gave the ball away needlessly at times and seems in too much of a rush at times. Cramp or no cramp u don't give up and stretch when they have the ball in ur box

Harris - 7 - done well, would like to see us get him on the ball more
Handling - 9 - brilliant, dictating play and turning players inside out, cracking finish and unlucky with the red
Stanton - 6- pretty poor tonight especially with his chances but got stuck in and worked hard

El alagui -6- worked hard but need to be open a bit more often and get his touch sorted

First half was poor IMO and seemed a bit nervous and intimidated to get on the ball
Second half was brilliant and we were in complete control until the red. Defended really well and coped throughout

Rangers - I would not be scared about them this season, course they will be there or there about but based on tonight we should take real belief we have a chance. Can see boyd bailing them out a lot as he can score from nothing

Overall - very impressed just need a couple more signings

Scooter
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't get the handling high scores. For the first 59 mins he was terrible. after he scored he was much much better probs best I've ever seen him. However 20 mins in a 90 min game of football shouldn't be getting 8+9s. Overall we were really good didn't start great but not terrible either. Second half was brill the only way they were winning the tie was if they got outside help and they did. Never in a million years a red card I'd be annoyed if he got a yellow for that clearly won the ball first.

Davy Mac
06-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Oxley - 6 - Looks decent, goal due to poor marking at the back.

Gray - 7- Solid and looks a player. Energy to get up and down the line is fantastic, bit like whitty at times
Forster - 8 Really like him, if he can get rid of one or two mistakes in a game he will get a cap call IMO
Hanlon - 7 Like Forster dealt with Boyd & Miller very well indeed
Stevenson - 7 Not a great admirer of the wee man but he can play the passing game for sure, thought he was partly at fault for the 1st goal (drifted away from his man)

Craig - 7 A bit more direct tonight, much better but still tries to make champagne passes when sometimes the simple pass is the best option
Robertson - 5 surprisingly the pick of the poorer performers tonight, looked a wee bit out of sorts

Harris - 8 - Looks a top European style player and playing like this will see a move to the big time next season
Handling - 9 Best performance I've seen from him, tormenting the current buns all night MOTM, must learn from his red card though
Stanton - 6 Like Harris destined for bigger things in time but didn't contribute much tonight although showed great feet

El alagui - 7 Work rate is tremendous by defending from the front, I think he will be an excellent signing in time.

Stubbs 7 - Tactics worked well, didn't resort to long ball when we went behind, players looked so comfortable

Rankers 5 - Poorest Rangers team I've seen in my lifetime, still gobbed the win - basxards

SMAXXA
06-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Stevenson was very impressive, Never misplaced one pass,,,He was MOTM...Either him or David Gray...Bash on LS haters but the fact is he never put one stray pass all night :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totally agree both were terrific

did I honestly just see a 4 for farid hahahahahahah some people have absolutely no clue what so ever. We just out in a brilliant performance away at the Huns and e big man played his part, a 4 yet ****ing joking.

thought Stanton was pretty poor IMO the worst of a good bunch so not taking it to badly but do feel he may need to move away from being a regular to refind himself and hunger to do it game in game out. Not a criticism of him because you get they from young guys and they need that platform and grave to learn but thought he finished the season poorly last season and it's a lot to expect for someone

hibsbollah
06-08-2014, 07:05 AM
did I honestly just see a 4 for farid hahahahahahah some people have absolutely no clue what so ever. We just out in a brilliant performance away at the Huns and e big man played his part, a 4 yet ****ing joking.

Sorry but if you judge him on the chances he missed, El Alagui was a failure last night. It was an excellent alround team performance and im willing to accept he won his personal battles and was physical, but unless you're giving everyone a 5, 6 or 7 like the papers do, I think a 4 is a reasonable assessment.

Oxley 6 at fault for the goal, distribution good, nice save from Boyd late on.

Gray 7 Very impressive first half, had to deal with a dangerous Templeton later on
Hanlon 7
Forster 7
Stevenson 7

Craig 8 MOTM for me. Some lovely passes. Like night and day from last season.
Robertson 7 Busy
Stanton 5 Some weak shots and slack passes, good workrate.
Harris 7 Always wanting the ball, much better.
Handling 7
El Alagui 5 a physical presence but fluffed his lines in front of goal.

nonshinyfinish
06-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Handling- 8.5. Our motm. Reckon he would have won the game if he wasnt sent off. Brilliant performance. (Do we have an appeal case?)

Will the suspension be for the league, or for our next fixture in the Challenge Cup? Our aim should be never to play in this competition again!

HFC 0-7
06-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Sorry but if you judge him on the chances he missed, El Alagui was a failure last night. It was an excellent alround team performance and im willing to accept he won his personal battles and was physical, but unless you're giving everyone a 5, 6 or 7 like the papers do, I think a 4 is a reasonable assessment.

Oxley 6 at fault for the goal, distribution good, nice save from Boyd late on.

Gray 7 Very impressive first half, had to deal with a dangerous Templeton later on
Hanlon 7
Forster 7
Stevenson 7

Craig 8 MOTM for me. Some lovely passes. Like night and day from last season.
Robertson 7 Busy
Stanton 5 Some weak shots and slack passes, good workrate.
Harris 7 Always wanting the ball, much better.
Handling 7
El Alagui 5 a physical presence but fluffed his lines in front of goal.

Agree re El Alagui, you cant miss those sorts of chances at this level. Rangers had about 2 chances and scored both of them, we need to punish teams when we get into the right positions. That Rangers team performance was the worst I have ever seen, I dont think we will get as many chances against Livingston as we did last night.

Re Craig, he really does need to stop moaning at every decision. A couple of time he chased the referee to vent his spleen, the ref isnt going to change his decision and it may annoy the ref and see him get booked.

jdships
06-08-2014, 08:39 AM

Yup ! Sam was caught sleeping a wee bit.
Bit disappointed in his showing last night - game seemed to " pass him by" a bit
Pleased to see Harris full of confidence again
Best part for me was the Forster/Hanlon partnership - against two experienced strikers they did well

Hibs7
06-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Not surprised at the comments of El Alagui missing sitters .. I watched him at the training session with cross balls and his strike rate ( on target) was 1 in 7 very poor considering there weren't even any defenders only a keeper to beat. Needs to improve drastically !

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Not surprised at the comments of El Alagui missing sitters .. I watched him at the training session with cross balls and his strike rate ( on target) was 1 in 7 very poor considering there weren't even any defenders only a keeper to beat. Needs to improve drastically !

I thought his game all round was poor. Almost every time he got possession he seemed to run straight into defenders. Granted the defence were doing well to stay tight on him but I just thought he could have been better. Heffernan seemed better when he came on, I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

StarMan10
06-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I thought his game all round was poor. Almost every time he got possession he seemed to run straight into defenders. Granted the defence were doing well to stay tight on him but I just thought he could have been better. Heffernan seemed better when he came on, I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

Only caught the second half, but I thought he was a good presence up top, winning his fair share of headers which was refreshing after last season's debacle with Collins who seemed unable to jump. His first touch was a wee bit off at times but I thought he was okay overall. Should have done much better with his two chances it must be said though

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Only caught the second half, but I thought he was a good presence up top, winning his fair share of headers which was refreshing after last season's debacle with Collins who seemed unable to jump. His first touch was a wee bit off at times but I thought he was okay overall. Should have done much better with his two chances it must be said though
Your right I was quite impressed with his aerial ability. I may have been a little over critical but he didn't fill me with confidence, hopefully he'll go on to have a great season of coarse.

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 10:37 AM

Agree with that thought he was fine and will get better with games and a few goals.