PDA

View Full Version : now that side show is over...

erskine-hibby
05-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Let's get down to the matter in hand... Winning the league!

Thecat23
05-08-2014, 09:17 PM
This.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Let's get down to the matter in hand... Winning the league!

Losers don't win leagues

Hiber-nation
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Losers don't win leagues

Thanks for that ray of positivity.

Greenblood70
05-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I still think the aim is a play off place, I don't think we have the squad depth to win it as it stands.

I think that's the Boards aim as well, I don't think it's in the present incumbents DNA to gamble on winning the league.

Having said that I enjoyed some of the football we played, especially in the second half. We need to take these chances tho, El Alagui must be kicking himself at not notching at least one tonight. Hopefully we can convert possession into victories. Stubbs, is on the right road imo, just needs 3 - 4 more to challenge for a starting plac and we'd be real contenders for the leagues top spot.

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2014, 09:28 PM
We'll finish 3rd or 4th unless we sign 3-4 decent players

Nando™
05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
If we can create the kind of chances that we did tonight throughout the season and keep that kind of performance then we will be sound and will finish comfortably in the playoffs challenging for the title.

Mon the Hibs.

erskine-hibby
05-08-2014, 09:31 PM
I still think the aim is a play off place, I don't think we have the squad depth to win it as it stands.

I think that's the Boards aim as well, I don't think it's in the present incumbents DNA to gamble on winning the league.

Having said that I enjoyed some of the football we played, especially in the second half. We need to take these chances tho, El Alagui must be kicking himself at not notching at least one tonight. Hopefully we can convert possession into victories. Stubbs, is on the right road imo, just needs 3 - 4 more to challenge for a starting plac and we'd be real contenders for the leagues top spot.

I, for one, would be surprised if our aim wasn't to win the league. If we aim for a playoff place we are setting ourselves up for a fall IMHO.

The_Exile
05-08-2014, 09:33 PM
The clubs aim is to win the league, of that I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM
We could do with 1 more player either upfront or wide.

If we play like we did tonight we should beat Livi as they don't have as good players as Newco.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks for that ray of positivity.

Am I wrong?

Capt Mainwaring
05-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Am I wrong?

Yes you are. Alan Stubbs is not a loser and does not have a losers mentality.

What point were you trying to convey exactly?

erskine-hibby
05-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Am I wrong?

Sure, we lost the game, but there were many positives to say that we could well stand a chance of winning the league.

andy1875
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm really encouraged by that performance tonight.

Yes we lost the game but lets put it into context.

Stubbs has been in post for about 6 weeks and inherited a relegated squad who had zero confidence. He's added a few, Gray I thought was excellent and El Alagui missed a couple but worked hard. Other players look like different guys, Craig, Handling, Harris, Forster to name a few.

We controlled that match for long spells and played some neat, clever football.

Lost the game yes, but performance wise, I don't think anyone expected that so early in Stubbs tenure.

A long way to go but I'm alot happier now than before tonight's game.

Onwards and upward from Saturday.

GGTTH

Moon unit
05-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Am I wrong?

You obviously think you are right and cheerful with it!...

Hiber-nation
05-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Am I wrong?

Depends what you call "losers". I wouldn't class a team, a lot of whom were at their lowest ebb a couple of months ago, playing it's first competitive game under a new manager with a new playing style and passing the ball better than they have done in probably 5 years as "losers".

BoltonHibee
05-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm saying losers don't win leagues.

We played well tonight but lost ( no change there)

The side we have right now are not capable of winning the league.

We are 4 players away from possibly winning the league ( IMO)

I am not happy we have been beaten, but want to get my point across that this team as it stands will not win the league.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I want us to win the league this year and get promoted and I don't believe AS is a loser

Franck Stanton
05-08-2014, 10:03 PM
We'll finish 3rd or 4th unless we sign 3-4 decent players

Do you ever have something good to say about Hibs ?

erskine-hibby
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm saying losers don't win leagues.

We played well tonight but lost ( no change there)

The side we have right now are not capable of winning the league.

We are 4 players away from possibly winning the league ( IMO)

I am not happy we have been beaten, but want to get my point across that this team as it stands will not win the league.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I want us to win the league this year and get promoted and I don't believe AS is a loser

Playing well is not a change???

EastCalderHibby
05-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Sure, we lost the game, but there were many positives to say that we could well stand a chance of winning the league.

:agree: but lets be realistic the sfa will do allmost anything they can to reignite the ugly sisters as quickly as pos
tonight was just the start of whats to come
red card my arse :flag::flag::flag: