View Full Version : Nothing to fear...

erskine-hibby
05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
From the rangers this season.
Plenty to fear from the referees.

Shocking red card!

greenpaper55
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM
And we thought Thompson was bad !, what a clown of a ref.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Shocking red card!

No surprise.

Sprouleflyer
05-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Rash challenge, but straight red?

Ref couldn't get it out quick enough.

I take it Handling will be out on Saturday unless we appeal and that is successful?

Humo
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Rash challenge, but straight red?

Ref couldn't get it out quick enough.

I take it Handling will be out on Saturday unless we appeal and that is successful?

Doesn't matter as we won't be playing in this cup next season :wink:

Wasn't for violent conduct so shouldn't carry on to non petrol cup games if it does and we appeal instantly he can't miss a game until the appeal is either accepted or rejected

southsider
05-08-2014, 09:26 PM
We were well bossing the game, that far ahead it was embarrassing. If taken our chances would have been 4-1 up.....then the ref took a hand. This is why i no longer to to Hibs matches in Glasgow. The game is corrupt. Sick.

Sprouleflyer
05-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Doesn't matter as we won't be playing in this cup next season :wink:

Wasn't for violent conduct so shouldn't carry on to non petrol cup games if it does and we appeal instantly he can't miss a game until the appeal is either accepted or rejected

:aok:

EastCalderHibby
05-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Shocking red card!

only one winner till that point they were chasing shadows and blowing out their ***** kicking the ball out the park
well done ref sally is on the beers tonight but you knew that anyway before the game

great effort hibs :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Ross89
05-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Daft tackle - a yellow at worst.

Decent performance - green shoots of hope at last !

:flag:

Sir David Gray
05-08-2014, 11:26 PM
I've only seen it once which was live at the game so my view wasn't brilliant but as far as I'm concerned there is no danger it was a red card.

It was a poor challenge and probably merited a booking but to get sent off for that is ridiculous.

RIP
05-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Right leg got the ball. Left leg the man

Green Reaper
05-08-2014, 11:38 PM

Was it worth a red though? Not seen it so just asking

mca
05-08-2014, 11:38 PM

Did he have the trouser leg about half mast ???

PeeJay
06-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Was it worth a red though? Not seen it so just asking

Depends how you view it - going by the laws of the game, it's a straight red - he tackled from behind with excessive force, fouled Tempelton - the fact he got a foot on the ball is completely irrelevant. Then again if you're viewing it through the eyes of a "slightly biased" Hibs fan - it wasn't even a foul ... :greengrin

BT58
06-08-2014, 06:57 AM
We should have been 3-1 up prior to the red card
Its only a meecky moose cup 😲😲😲
The season starts on saturday
2-3 additions and we could have a great season
Like night and day from last season, passing,movement,1-2 touch
Looking forward to saturday
Not said that in ages !!!
Btw i think swally might be a good bet for the boot (esp if they get humped on sunday)

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Depends how you view it - going by the laws of the game, it's a straight red - he tackled from behind with excessive force, fouled Tempelton - the fact he got a foot on the ball is completely irrelevant. Then again if you're viewing it through the eyes of a "slightly biased" Hibs fan - it wasn't even a foul ... :greengrin

I also get the impression referees dont like the "scissor" action that happens when you do that sort of tackle.

In saying that, I personally dont think it was a red card. He did go in from behind, but it was controlled, he didnt go through the man with his tackling foot, and I honestly dont think there was much force in the challenge.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Hibs looked good last night but we still need a creative player and a striker

PeeJay
06-08-2014, 08:03 AM
I also get the impression referees dont like the "scissor" action that happens when you do that sort of tackle.

In saying that, I personally dont think it was a red card. He did go in from behind, but it was controlled, he didnt go through the man with his tackling foot, and I honestly dont think there was much force in the challenge.

At the end of the day the ref has to make a snap decision - I think he's entitled to call it as he saw it. Handling should be aware that this rule will end up with a red card if he comes in so harshly from behind, but he's young and probably over-motivated and Tempelton was having a good game. I just find it stupid, when in the middle of the field, such a tackle is made that could end up with a red - it's pointless and it hurt the team badly. Handling will put it down to the learning curve he is going through.