PDA

View Full Version : Well done Hibs thread

hibsbollah
05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
The best team on the night. Excellent possession football, incisive passing, Gray Craig Harris Handling all excellent, above all, organised and progressive management. Hugely relieved, despite the (apparent) outcome.

Happy Clappers unite :agree:

Northernhibee
05-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Some really nice passing tonight. Well done Hibs.

FranckSuzy
05-08-2014, 08:57 PM
The best team on the night. Excellent possession football, incisive passing, Gray Craig Harris Handling all excellent, above all, organised and progressive management. Hugely relieved, despite the (apparent) outcome.

Stubbs said to WT at a meeting at EM that if we didn't see an improvement, we were to go and see him :greengrin Fair to say, there's definitely been changes for the better and Craig/Harris, in particular, look like different players, IMHO :wink:

Hibby Gav
05-08-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm in...
different team from last season...yes work to be done...yes a couple more in is required but my grid what an improvement.

ggtth

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Night and day, keep it up lads. :top marks

Nando™
05-08-2014, 09:02 PM
The team are working hard and harassing the Huns into mistakes and early decisions.

Won't be getting my hopes up too high because that's exactly what happened when Butcher was first appointed.

The team has potential, I hope they can reach it as the signs of a good team are there.

scuttle
05-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Played some really nice stuff at times, refreshing as to what we watched last season.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Much improved and with a couple of additions we will be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

Still room for improvement but really encouraged with what I have seen for large spells tonight. Even with 10 men we were very competitive.

maximushibee
Agreed big improvement on last season with more to come.

stoneyburn hibs
Team Hibs :agree:

Judas Iscariot
Losers mentality.

No well done's on defeat.

That attitude got us here & will keep is here

Steve20
Much better. By far the better team. Another few players in attacking positions and we won't be far off.

McKenzie
05-08-2014, 09:04 PM
More confident for the season ahead after watching that. Much better performance, best team on the night.

LancashireHibby
05-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Still some way to go, but a very encouraging start to the new era.

Betty Boop
05-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Losers mentality.

Agree

Nando™
05-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Losers mentality.

Agreed, I won't be 'well-done'ing any Hibs team that loses to this *****. I will be happy about the improvements, however.

stoneyburn hibs
05-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Losers mentality.

:rolleyes:

LancsHibs
05-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Good football, best team on the night, never a sending off. Nothing to fear from the Rangers. We'll done Hibs.:agree:

Waxy
05-08-2014, 09:08 PM
This loss was only the usual "whos the mason in the black" because we were simply the superior team.When will it stop? This cheating has taken Scottish football to where it is today. Well done Hibs, absolutely superb every one of you.

Golden Bear
05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Much more like it, a very watchable brand of football. Better times are just around the corner.

I'm already looking forward to Saturday's game.

Gatecrasher
05-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Shakey start but were the better team for much of the game against one of the strongest teams in the league.

VPHIBEE
05-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Pass marks all over the pitch for me. Some of this players from last year look transformed. If we were not cheated with the red card, there was only one winner. Gray looked good, Handling looked good. Great effort all round. Still need more up front and wide, but very encouraged. That is the best I have seen us play for a long time.

Bostonhibby
05-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Well done Hibs, going into the league season I would rather be us than the new boys on this show, our problem will be refs but most clubs playing the new boys will find the same if they are running them close.

Springbank
05-08-2014, 09:12 PM
We were the better team at 11v11

We were the better team at 10v11

When Robertson was injured and we had 9v11 we struggled and lost the crucial goal

If we keep doing what we were doing at 11v11 then we will do well

Togs91
Yes we lost, and yes im no happy we lost, but im over the moon with the changes ive seen so far. Much more room for improvement and you cant win them all, stanton looked like a wee boy, yet stillthrew a shift in, everyone else superb !

HFC07
Well done lads, keep it up.
You were undone by a bad ref decision.

Bad Martini
Unlucky. The only word. Other than ****ing done. Well done Hibs.

Well done the fans at the end anaw. We are Hibs. **** ye's.

GGTTH

whereswallace?
05-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Losers mentality.

But for a very dodgy decision, we would have really been in that game with a great chance of winning. That attitude tonight shown by the players is far and away better than under any recent manager. That will do for starters for me. If we keep that up, we won't be staying here for long.

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2014, 09:13 PM
This loss was only the usual "whos the mason in the black" because we were simply the superior team.When will it stop? This cheating has taken Scottish football to where it is today. Well done Hibs, absolutely superb every one of you.

Or if we took our 1 on 1 chances and unchallenged shots from 10 yards we'd be through

Ref made a shocking call but you can't miss chances like we did

Patting ourselves on the back after ANOTHER competitive defeat is massively cringeworthy IMO & sums up our downward spiral in the last 7 years & the general acceptance of us being plsh in our support

ACLeith
05-08-2014, 09:14 PM
And we kept possession at about 95% of our throw-ins. Unbelievable Jeff

rcarter1
05-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Lots of positive possession play, and on another day one of those chances goes in, it could have been a great result. The number of cards however is an indication not just about the ref, but of players diving in when they need stay on their feet and defend as a unit. At that rate of cards with our squad we will be onto the under 10's by christmas.

Good to watch though, and plenty to build on. :flag:

bigwheel
05-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I'll take than style, applications and effort every week Well done boys !

Bad Martini
**** all to do with losers mentality. If you burst your balls and fight and lose, you don't find real Hibs fans moaning. We only do that when wage thieves don't put in a shift and do **** all for the shirt.

We were unlucky against a team with more resources thsn we have.

We play like that every week and we will be up there at the end. No feard of the huns after that game, that's for sure

Northernhibee
David Gray was very good.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Losers mentality.

Not from me, i'm saying well done for giving us football back and a team that just might be worth watching again. :top marks

ekhibee
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM
If this is the sign of things to come I can only be optimistic about the forthcoming season. Hibs dominated large parts of the game and apart from an appalling refereeing decision could easily have won the game. Even Billy Dodds thought Hibs were the better team, although Richard Gordon wasn't nearly as enthusiastic. Gone right off him.

zitelli62
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM
well done hibs outplayed the so called title favourites in there own backyard and maybe a signing or two to come as usual robbed by a ref they will not get any better we will bring it on:gwa:

BarneyK
05-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Losers mentality.

Playing hoofball got us here

Pretty Boy
05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
**** all to do with losers mentality. If you burst your balls and fight and lose, you don't find real Hibs fans moaning. We only do that when wage thieves don't put in a shift and do **** all for the shirt.

We play like that every week and we will be up there at the end. No feard of the huns after that game, that's for sure

Spot on.

Northernhibee
05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
We're not saying we're accepting defeat on here - Liam Craig in his post match interview was clearly very disappointed with the result.

We are wanting to recognise a very good performance though and to tell the players to keep going and keep playing like that.

There's a big difference between the two.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Playing hoofball got us here

As did negativity. Stubbs says he wants to bring positivity and confidence back, looks like we're going in the right direction, with the exception of a few on here. I think they'll have to find a new outlet for their misery soon, though. Things are looking promising.

Golden Bear
05-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Losers mentality.

Funny I refused to join in the post match adulation after that pathetic cup final v Celtic but I thought the team deserved some plaudits tonight for a commendable effort despite the defeat.

ED Hibee
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I can't think of many occasions where the ball was hoofed up the park this evening whereas thy seemed like our only tactic last season. Just need to be more incisive in final third and not dive in so much.

A much better performance which needs to be built on.

Billy McKirdy
05-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Would have taken this performance before the game, the result is meaningless. Well done lads and keep up the good work Stubbsy :)

Alfred E Newman
05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Only managed to see the second half and extra time but even with the sound down in a foreign pub we looked by far the better team until the dubious sending off. Good passing and width with plenty pace.
A draw at Ibrox after 90min with 10 men would probably be welcomed with open arms during the league season.

Franck Stanton
05-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Christ, some folk. We were by far the better footballing side tonight, not world beaters by any means, but when you compare that performance to ANY game last season, well suffice to say we have come on leaps and bounds. For some to come on her and moan about the game is, well , pathetic to be honest. NOBODY likes losing, but the manner in which we played the game was pleasing and gives , me anyway, hope for the season coming. The moaners just need to lighten up ffs.
Well played lads, and a special mention to Alan Stubbs you have worked miracles with this group of players in a very short space of time. Onwards and upwards lads.

Lucius Apuleius
05-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Not from me, i'm saying well done for giving us football back and a team that just might be worth watching again. :top marks

See you in the pub on Saturday and I'll buy you a pint!!!!! :-)

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Our best performance in over a year.

HibbyAndy
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Hibs were brilliant tonight...If that's the league favourites ****ing bring it on.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2014, 09:38 PM
See you in the pub on Saturday and I'll buy you a pint!!!!! :-)

If i was not meeting some Hibs fans for a drink on Saturday, the team did enough to get me off my arse and up the road to join you. And i'm away at the moment too.

Speedway
05-08-2014, 09:42 PM

Scoring more goals than the other team normally resolves this issue.

brog
05-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Or if we took our 1 on 1 chances and unchallenged shots from 10 yards we'd be through

Patting ourselves on the back after ANOTHER competitive defeat is massively cringeworthy IMO & sums up our downward spiral in the last 7 years & the general acceptance of us being plsh in our support

IMO the only thing cringeworthy on here are your comments. If you can't recognise a massive improvement in structure, confidence, teamwork & quality from the last few months of last season then you're just being contrary. No one is applauding a defeat, we're acknowledging a fine performance.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 09:55 PM
IMO the only thing cringeworthy on here are your comments. If you can't recognise a massive improvement in structure, confidence, teamwork & quality from the last few months of last season then you're just being contrary. No one is applauding a defeat, we're acknowledging a fine performance.

This

marinello59
05-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Very encouraged by the performance tonight. The season ahead could be very enjoyable.
I rarely go in for praising the fans but I thought our fans were superb tonight in what was a very hostile atmosphere. Glasgow Rangers, six foot under.:greengrin

#2 Double Tap

to be fair to the others...it wouldnt take much to improve on the last 6 years......happy clapping gets you nowhere......a defeat is a defeat......winning is the only important thing.......

Allan45
Our best performance in over a year.Agree, I've seen some terrible games over the past 2 years, things can only get better....

Northernhibee
05-08-2014, 10:03 PM
We've just had a few weeks to get our standard of play to that.

If Stubbsy can keep working with the likes of Handling, Stanton, both the Allans, Forster, Cummings etc then we still have a lot of scope for improvement.

I'm excited for the coming season.

yankyhibby
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Lots of positive possession play, and on another day one of those chances goes in, it could have been a great result. The number of cards however is an indication not just about the ref, but of players diving in when they need stay on their feet and defend as a unit. At that rate of cards with our squad we will be onto the under 10's by christmas.

Good to watch though, and plenty to build on. :flag:

Interestingly, the BBC stats show The Rangers 54% to our 46%. A good performance from our boys, but an example of one team taking its chances and the other, not.

Django
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Much improved, looking forward to the season, who wants to win the wee cup anyway?:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Huge improvement. ASGAWA!

joebakerforever
05-08-2014, 10:08 PM
If tonight's performance is a sample of what we can expect under Stubbs, then I look forward to my visits to ER with renewed optimism.

The performances of Craig, Handling & Harris tonight certainly confirmed that they are decent footballers who were badly managed by the previous regime.

Rodsterino
05-08-2014, 10:08 PM
If we'd have taken our chances we'd have won the game comfortably, it will come. Very happy with the performance but we fell to the usual biased decision.

over the line
05-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Apart from the final score, you've got to be happy with that tonight! Great looking footy played by us, really comfortable on the ball and great passing game. Need to be more direct and ruthless up front, bit too much tippy tappy in the final third at times. If we sharpen up at the front I think we are in for a season of quality footy. :D

Greenblood70
05-08-2014, 10:32 PM
I think the key word for most tonight is encouraged. Some of the passing second half was very decent and a breath of fresh air after Butchers depressing regime. It's early days yet, we will improve again in the coming weeks and months.

Would love to see us bring in 2 or 3 more experienced players, a centre half, defensive midfielder and a winger with a bit of pace. We're not a million miles away from being a decent side imho.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I know we lost BUT if tonight is an indicator, The Rangers fans have a lot more to worry about than Hibs fans

Just my opinion like :greengrin

Ronniekirk
05-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I know we lost BUT if tonight is an indicator, The Rangers fans have a lot more to worry about than Hibs fans

And that's exactly what I told them at the game tonight At one one they had worry etched on thier faces But yon bigoted bile that they trot out reminded me why I haven't missed themMcCoist will go to the Board and demand money for new players on the back of that performance Be interested to see if they back him .

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-08-2014, 11:31 PM

Having spent 120 minutes just two seats away from the Rangers fans, I can confirm that they most certainly do have more to worry about than us. For example, their awful dress sense, their shocking teeth and their lack of change for a bus home after flinging it all at us. Cretins

southern hibby
06-08-2014, 12:09 AM

Well its all about opinions and mine totally differs from yours about patting ourselves on the back. Make no mistake we will ripe teams apart playing the way we did. If we play well and have a few defeats on the way I can except that. I saw a team that wanted it more than the home team. I saw good football, I saw a transformation that was night and day to last year. I saw a ref kill the game with a sending off.

I will agree we need to put our chances away but I saw us make 3-4 very good chances that last season we would not have made I'n 5 games. I for one will definitely be happy where we are at this stage of our transformation. If AS has us playing like this I'n 6 weeks think of the possibilities after 6 months to a year.

GGTTH