PDA

View Full Version : Potential Hibs.Net Meltdown Tonight ?!?!

Ross89
05-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Let's face it, rangers have spent a lot of money (on wages) assembling their squad. With Boyd and Miller in their team they could rip is a new one tonight.

Do you think this place will go into meltdown if we get humped?!?!

Would love it if we won, but if we lose I'm hoping the fans will be patient and pragmatic (as long as we put in a decent performance and there are grounds for optimism).

COME ON HIBS !!!!!!!

easty
05-08-2014, 12:43 PM
We wont get humped. If we get beat, but put in a good shift, then I can live with that. The Rangers at Ibrox will be our hardest league game so if we show what we can do against them tonight in that pointless Petrofac cup then I dont mind all that much if we're beaten by the odd goal.

ahibby
05-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Boyd had an easy time of it with our central defence in the Killie game, not much has changed so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a couple. As for Miller well he got two against Engurland, I'd think Hibs would be an easier target. Couple that to the game being on Alba, it doesn't bode well:wink:. Would be a surprise result if we win but maybe we could get a draw and force a replay at ER?

Keith_M
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
People overreact, so will probably do it either way this evening.

Win: We're world beaters and gonna win the league at a canter, AS is a genius, I want to father Leeann's babies, etc.

Lose: Hibs are a disgrace, AS was the wrong/cheap option, Petrie still in charge, I'm never going back, etc.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Boyd had an easy time of it with our central defence in the Killie game, not much has changed so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a couple. As for Miller well he got two against Engurland, I'd think Hibs would be an easier target. Couple that to the game being on Alba, it doesn't bode well:wink:. Would be a surprise result if we win but maybe we could get a draw and force a replay at ER?

Game will be played to a finish tonight.

Diclonius
05-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Bet a fair few (not all) of the people that "don't care" about this game will suddenly start caring if we get beat.

Personally, I think we'll probably narrowly lose. A win is achievable however.

Lucius Apuleius
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Bet a fair few (not all) of the people that "don't care" about this game will suddenly start caring if we get beat.

This for me. How many goals did Boyd score against us last season?

Purehibee_MYB
05-08-2014, 12:54 PM

Win: We're world beaters and gonna win the league at a canter, AS is a genius, I want to father Leeann's babies, etc.

Lose: Hibs are a disgrace, AS was the wrong/cheap option, Petrie still in charge, I'm never going back, etc.

Hibs.net summed up in one! :cb

Turkish Green
05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
The Huns may win but it will not be a humping. The Huns squad is too slow to play an expansive game. They will play to their strengths through the middle to Miller & Boyd (if Boyd is fit).

The likely worse case scenario will be 1-0 (Boyd). Or 0-0 with Hibs to go through on penalties.

Hibs.net will crash at 85 minutes.

mmmmhibby
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM

On the flipside, if we win, and play well, fans that remain sceptical(of which there are thousands) may be encouraged to come back to ER.

Elephant Stone
05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
For me this is a chance to prepare for the weekend, little more. Hoping for a good performance and the building of some confidence, if we can do that and also win, super. If we do that but go out, I'll be just fine I think.

Diclonius
05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
On the flipside, if we win, and play well, fans that remain sceptical(of which there are thousands) may be encouraged to come back to ER.

Here's hoping.

TheFamous1875
05-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Same came be said about Boyd with the game against Killie in late December where he didn't have one sniff of the ball, barely even one chance the whole game.

I think if we are to lose tonight it will be solely down to their quality up front and our lack of quality up front. We need to get our tactics spot on, which could involve a few gambles here and there, but Stubbs has said that we're going out to win the game and I'm glad to hear it.

They're no great shakes, and I think it'll be the next match between the two, once the squads are settled, that will be the better indicator of where we are this season.

I'm looking forward to tonight, and there's no reason why we can't do it. If we lose and we've played well and given our all and are either unlucky or their top-two decide it, I'll still be optimistic for this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heedersnvolleys
05-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Nope but AS might just get to 16:55 on Saturday for his honeymoon period!:greengrin

Waxy
05-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Nope. If we lose it takes away a distraction for the games that matter.

yankyhibby
05-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Should we be defeated then it will be the manner of that defeat that will be of more interest to me and, I'm sure, Alan Stubbs. I would like to win the game, of course, but the distraction of this competition we could do without. Our prime focus is promotion. Losing 3 points would be far more damaging -especially if those 3 points go to our main rivals.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2014, 01:18 PM

Do you honestly think it will be that balanced? :wink: :greengrin

Keith_M
05-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Do you honestly think it will be that balanced? :wink: :greengrin

On reflection, it'll probably be MUCH worse.

:greengrin

Franck Stanton
05-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Don't think "The Rangers" are the force their old club was. They are beatable, we have to go into this game with the belief we can win. Time to "Walk the Walk" gentlemen. IF we play to our capabilities we will win.

Turkish Green
05-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Same came be said about Boyd with the game against Killie in late December where he didn't have one sniff of the ball, barely even one chance the whole game.

Boyd only needs one chance.

In the last game of the season, Boyd was well marked until McGivern's miss-kick gave him the ball in front of goal without him having to move. Miller will do the running about, Boyd will hang around the box.

silverhibee
05-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Hibs for the cup. :gwa:

Can't see any meltdown tonight, meltdown will come derby day if we haven't won a game by then.

Hibs to win tonight.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2014, 01:37 PM
On reflection, it'll probably be MUCH worse.

Mikey
05-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Hibs.net will crash at 85 minutes.

Oh no it won't.

But it might be PM's only after 85 minutes :greengrin

SteveHFC
05-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Oh no it won't.

:thumbsup:

Mikey
05-08-2014, 01:45 PM
:thumbsup:

And no gifs :wink:

IWasThere2016
05-08-2014, 01:46 PM

Even celebratory ones? You're a hard man Mikey!

SteveHFC
05-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Even celebratory ones? You're a hard man Mikey!

If we win tonight. I have a few new ones lined up to be posted :greengrin

Stevie Reid
05-08-2014, 01:51 PM
I think it's a no bad game to start our season with, really - it's a tournament that people certainly care about much less than any other, and if we do go out after a defeat away to the title favourites and biggest spenders in the league, it's really no big deal. I'd take a win on Saturday over a win tonight any day of the week.

Think it's a decent test for us, with little pressure to get a result.

silverhibee
05-08-2014, 01:52 PM

Just ban him now. :agree:

Gordy M
05-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I think it's a no bad game to start our season with, really - it's a tournament that people certainly care about much less than any other, and if we do go out after a defeat away to the title favourites and biggest spenders in the league, it's really no big deal. I'd take a win on Saturday over a win tonight any day of the week.

Think it's a decent test for us, with little pressure to get a result.

Whilst i agree with you, i think a win this evening would be a great start to the season and prove that we are contenders for the league, which i think we are. The team needs confidence, especially the players from last season, so a win at Ibrox would be a great lift imo.

Turkish Green
05-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Oh no it won't.

Well I am not signing out as a precaution.

Stevie Reid
05-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Whilst i agree with you, i think a win this evening would be a great start to the season and prove that we are contenders for the league, which i think we are. The team needs confidence, especially the players from last season, so a win at Ibrox would be a great lift imo.

Certainly no denying that!

Stevie Reid
05-08-2014, 02:06 PM

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/8995/xsm.gif

SteveHFC
05-08-2014, 02:07 PM

http://i.imgur.com/oYc7P4W.gif

Brightside
05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
We will win tonight. No one appears to have mentioned the mighty hearts being beaten by Cowdenbeath last night.

bigwheel
05-08-2014, 02:18 PM

:-). That is so true - this is a forum of black or white and little grey.

Gordy M
05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
We will win tonight. No one appears to have mentioned the mighty hearts being beaten by Cowdenbeath last night.

Nah mate, people only like to come on here to tell us how great the ***** are. They are ****

EdinMike
05-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I say just shut the place down at 7:30

And just sit back and smile at the thought of some people going:panic::panic::panic:

Ross89
05-08-2014, 02:57 PM

Lol - spot on ! 😄

Diclonius
05-08-2014, 02:59 PM

http://themidnightalliance.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/disappointment.gif

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Let's face it, rangers have spent a lot of money (on wages) assembling their squad. With Boyd and Miller in their team they could rip is a new one tonight.

Do you think this place will go into meltdown if we get humped?!?!

Would love it if we won, but if we lose I'm hoping the fans will be patient and pragmatic (as long as we put in a decent performance and there are grounds for optimism).

COME ON HIBS !!!!!!!

Sorry but I'm finding it hard to fathom why a Hibee would come on to this forum and ask this question. Bizarre but it's what this place has become of late....

Time to Pull out of the negativity nosedive. If folks continually look to find ways of putting a downer on things well never move on.

The players are moving on so they say let's go with them.

Now off to Quinns to stand with fellow Hibees. It's funny the differences in internet chat versus the pub I bet 70.62% of the chat online is never uttered in a pub ;)

jgl07
05-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Do they do replays in the Mickey Mouse Cup? I assumed it would be extra time and penalties.

db03
05-08-2014, 03:09 PM
We will not get "humped" tonight. The Rangers are not a good team at all, defensively they are weak, I honestly think we can frustrate them with the way we are passing the ball around and we will win tonight. :flag:

Ross89
05-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Sorry but I'm finding it hard to fathom why a Hibee would come on to this forum and ask this question. Bizarre but it's what this place has become of late....

Time to Pull out of the negativity nosedive. If folks continually look to find ways of putting a downer on things well never move on.

The players are moving on so they say let's go with them.

Now off to Quinns to stand with fellow Hibees. It's funny the differences in internet chat versus the pub I bet 70.62% of the chat online is never uttered in a pub ;)

No need to apologise.

I agree with your sentiments and was trying to pre-empt the undoubted "sack the board" "we are sh@te" posts that will probably appear if we lose.

I expect us to lose (not being negative, just realistic) hence my post.

Enjoy Quinns - GGTTH !

bigboab
05-08-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm dreading tonight tbh don't think we have anywhere near a team good enough as it stands to do anything this season

The Hibee Harp
05-08-2014, 04:15 PM

Were they? Nothing on their website. It refers to st Johnstone as final pre-season match?

bigboab
05-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Yip beat 1 nil by beath, changed the whole team at half time.

Jamesie
05-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Rangers -1 was 6/4 with a few bookies earlier on today. Is that over generous to the home side?

Springbank
05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Any The Rangers fans I know are slating their team and predicting a Hibs win tonight, a hearts win on the weekend and super ally gone before the Edinburgh Festival

2-1 Hibs

Ronniekirk
05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Am heading out the door right now to go to game ,have no great expectations but if we do t win I won't be coming bAck and going into meltdown .Its our first combative game away from home against a team that are favourites ,so would love to put one over them .Moan The Hibs :flag:

Ross89
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Decent performance - best team lost, silly tackle by Handling, but never a Red.

No meltdown on here I'm glad to say!

In Alan Stubbs We Trust.