PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Link up with Ormiston FC

PatHead
05-08-2014, 12:03 PM
According to the website, which I think is much easier to navigate BTW, Hibs have linked up with Ormiston FC.

Looks like Leeann's aim of working with the community is taking shape with both them and the Spartans. Anyone know of any others?

Jack
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
According to the website, which I think is much easier to navigate BTW, Hibs have linked up with Ormiston FC.

Looks like Leeann's aim of working with the community is taking shape with both them and the Spartans. Anyone know of any others?

Apparently there was a queue at the door after the Spartan link was announced.

TheFamous1875
05-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Great news. Will a link with Leith Athletic be in the pipeline? It would make sense for both Hibs and LA, surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Turkish Green
05-08-2014, 01:08 PM
I can understand a link with Leith Athletic but The Spartans link is a funny one.

Given the amount of players that came from Hutchison Vale I am surprised there is not some tie-up there. I believe in years gone by (around about when John Collins joined) there was a Hibs / Hutchie link.

You only have to visit the Hutchie clubhouse in Fords Rd to see the many photos of ex-players who signed for Hibs on the walls. I cannot recall any ex-The Spartans players who went on to play professional football for Hibs.

GreenCastle
05-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I can understand a link with Leith Athletic but The Spartans link is a funny one.

Given the amount of players that came from Hutchison Vale I am surprised there is not some tie-up there. I believe in years gone by (around about when John Collins joined) there was a Hibs / Hutchie link.

You only have to visit the Hutchie clubhouse in Fords Rd to see the many photos of ex-players who signed for Hibs on the walls. I cannot recall any ex-The Spartans players who went on to play professional football for Hibs.

If Hibs were doing there job properly they should have links with all the local clubs - scouting and working with club coaches to develop football in Edinburgh.

It's obvious somewhere like Spartans with the great facilities and impressive work they do was a simple one for Hibs to take.

Hutchy Vale have produced many players but sadly have never got their act together and built on that with having a facility themselves.

Hibby Bairn
05-08-2014, 02:40 PM

And there you will also see a pic on the walls of Eddie May playing in same team as JC at HV. Ironically Dougie Samuel who heads up the Academy at Spartans is also an ex-HV player and would probably count himself as a "hutchie boy".

Hibs and HV don't have a particularly productive working relationship which is crazy really. Maybe May's arrival will change that.

Ross89
05-08-2014, 02:55 PM

I think that Spartans looking to become a Scottish League Club and with them starting up their youth academy , these were the main factors for Hibs. 👍