PDA

View Full Version : Exam results

Hibeesmad
05-08-2014, 09:36 AM
To anyone who has children who are getting exam results today, or grandchildren who are getting results then I wish them all the best of luck! Or even if you are getting the results yourself of course! 😃

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Cheers. Although your luck wasn't worth an awful lot because I managed to fail Higher Business Studies, Modern Studies and get a 'D' in English :greengrin

Jay
05-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Cheers. Although your luck wasn't worth an awful lot because I managed to fail Higher Business Studies, Modern Studies and get a 'D' in English :greengrin

Jeez :) not quite what you were aiming for then! Always next year though, don't give up.

We are waiting for one result, could do with some good news, he's had a pretty bad run this year. He did pass his driving test though R :)

Hibbyradge
05-08-2014, 09:56 AM

I blame the East Stand!

(Just trying to give the thread some football content to save it from being moved to the Holy Ground/Dug out). :wink:

Glorious St Pat
05-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Sorry to hear that - you should've had me for Modern Studies....my classes results were pretty good!

Hibeesmad
05-08-2014, 10:03 AM

At least your not a Jambo eh mate 😉

Mcpakeisgod
05-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Keep the faith mate , it happens I had to go to college n resit my highers, now just one year to go at uni! School isn't the end of the road !

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I blame the East Stand!

(Just trying to give the thread some football content to save it from being moved to the Holy Ground/Dug out). :wink:

PETRIEEEEE!:grr:

At least your not a Jambo eh mate 

:greengrin

Imagine having crap results AND being a Jambo?

Sorry to hear that - you should've had me for Modern Studies....my classes results were pretty good!

Keep the faith mate , it happens I had to go to college n resit my highers, now just one year to go at uni! School isn't the end of the road !

Jeez :) not quite what you were aiming for then! Always next year though, don't give up.

We are waiting for one result, could do with some good news, he's had a pretty bad run this year. He did pass his driving test though R :)

Cheers guys :aok:

I'd been expecting these results for months so it wasn't too much of a kick in the teeth. Couldn't really expect much else after being a waster for pretty much the entire year!

That's good to hear about the test J :thumbsup: Is he confident about getting decent results then?

Pretty Boy
05-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Keep the head up.

I had an absolute disaster with my Highers in 5th year with the exception of history. Too interested in trying to get served in pubs and girls. Was the boot up the erse I needed and I knuckled down and got the results I needed for uni in 6th year.

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Keep the head up.

I had an absolute disaster with my Highers in 5th year with the exception of history. Too interested in trying to get served in pubs and girls. Was the boot up the erse I needed and I knuckled down and got the results I needed for uni in 6th year.

Sounds pretty familiar! I only did Int 2s in 5th which I found relatively easy (3 As and a C) but last year I just got ridiculously lazy. I'd be sitting doing absolutely nothing and yet still not find the motivation to do any work.

I've gone through a few job agencies and I'll get a job in something I most likely hate, and I'm hoping that's enough motivation to do some Highers at College and move onto something a bit more decent. I've been told a million times what the consequences of not putting effort are but it's never really motivated me, so I'm hoping that a crappy job might do that.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Keep the head up.

The wise among us concentrated in 5th - got the necessary and then pissed it up in 6th :greengrin It was my 'gap year' - before they were invented :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
05-08-2014, 02:58 PM
The wise among us concentrated in 5th - got the necessary and then pissed it up in 6th :greengrin It was my 'gap year' - before they were invented :greengrin

Aye. And when you were in 6th year ferting aboot I was already contributing to the tax system having left in 5th year. :na na: Sixth Year Studies didn't sound too appealing to me so off to work we went.

Jay
05-08-2014, 03:24 PM
PETRIEEEEE!:grr:

:greengrin

Imagine having crap results AND being a Jambo?

Cheers guys :aok:

I'd been expecting these results for months so it wasn't too much of a kick in the teeth. Couldn't really expect much else after being a waster for pretty much the entire year!

That's good to hear about the test J :thumbsup: Is he confident about getting decent results then?

He got a B in sport and fitness, enough to get him into college. He was confident in a B but had hoped for an A. I'm happy and if mums happy it's a happy house :p

R'Albin
05-08-2014, 06:27 PM
He got a B in sport and fitness, enough to get him into college. He was confident in a B but had hoped for an A. I'm happy and if mums happy it's a happy house :p

Good stuff :)

Wish I could say the same about the Albin household :greengrin

Jay
05-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Good stuff :)

Wish I could say the same about the Albin household :greengrin

Mmmm I can imagine :)

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 10:27 PM

Really?

Only joking S :greengrin

Speedy
06-08-2014, 11:40 PM

That's what I did. Wish I had a proper gap year though.

If someone said to me at 18 that I'd spend 7 out of the next 8 years studying I'd have thought they were mental.

danhibees1875
07-08-2014, 12:55 AM
That's what I did. Wish I had a proper gap year though.

If someone said to me at 18 that I'd spend 7 out of the next 8 years studying I'd have thought they were mental.

I could have posted every word of that. :greengrin