PDA

View Full Version : Steven Naismith

BoltonHibee
04-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Top man

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9406409/everton-steven-naismith-buys-tickets-for-merseysides-unemployed

3pm
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Did see that earlier.

Used to infuriate me when he played for the Huns (RIP) but that was a classy thing to do.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Heart warming and well done to him for doing this

rcarter1
04-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Top man

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9406409/everton-steven-naismith-buys-tickets-for-merseysides-unemployed

Great stuff :thumbsup:, shows more understanding of this country in this gesture than the entire history of Tory politics put together.

lucky
04-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Decent young man. He has always helped others less fortunate than himself. But his actions do shame other EPL stars and their massive salaries who only take and never give

Scorrie
04-08-2014, 09:38 PM
He's a top guy. Does a lot for homeless people in Liverpool at a local centre

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Always struck me as a bit of a tool whilst at Rangers but he certainly seems to give a lot back so fair play for that. ALL players earning big bucks should be giving something back. The money in football these days is absolutely obscene

steviehibsleith
04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Im sure the money he will use to do this will not effect him financially at all but the happiness it will bring to the people who get these tickets will be huge. Well done young man .

NW
04-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Im sure the money he will use to do this will not effect him financially at all but the happiness it will bring to the people who get these tickets will be huge. Well done young man .

This was in news last week too. Well done to him.

http://www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk/news/ambassador-steven-naismith-goes-back-to-his-roots

over the line
04-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Good effort, nice to see!

Also he is in the right place for helping unemployed people, he will never run out of em. ;)

Auckland Hibs
04-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Top man - hopefully this is reported as far & wide as the negative stuff the media like to jump on.

IIRC we made a bid for him when he was a Killie - around 1.0m? All seemed to be a bit of a bluff as he was 100% going to The Rangers, anyone know the story (JC was manager?).

Time For Heroes
04-08-2014, 09:57 PM
What a nice gesture, easy to ignore issues such as these when you earn a few bob.
Hats off, great gesture

lobster
04-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Well intentioned but the issue of distributing the tickets through the job centre to those actively seeking work smacks of the deserving/undeserving poor bull****. Who decides and administers the process? Obviously he's to be applauded for attempting to do something but for me it just highlights how obscene the EPL has become. Better off campaigning for cheaper seats IMO. The Germans have got it sussed.

GGTTH07
04-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Always hated that laddie. Fair play where it's due though, well done him.

mikewynne
04-08-2014, 11:56 PM
I've never liked him, not because of past allegiances but because of his terrible habit of diving. But in fairness that was a very nice gesture, good on him!

southern hibby
05-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Excellent gesture.

California-Hibs
05-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Always had a soft spot for him and thought he's a great player. I was at Hampden the night he scored Scotland's 1st goal against Spain to make it 1-2, then shortly after was involved to make it 2-2 from 0-2 down! Made the difference that night and we were desperately unlucky not to take something off the then World Champions. We had them on the ropes for a big part of that 2nd half that night and Naismith was brilliant!

bob12345
05-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Was in the news for helping his old youth club too, buying them strips. Great stuff, but in my opinion this should be the norm for high level pros and not so newsworthy.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Distributing tickets through Jobcentre Plus?

I wonder how that will work. Imagine the paranoia if this happened in Glasgow and a JCP official started unemployed folk what team they supported!

In any case, I have a feeling that there will be more Everton tickets available on eBay (or equivalent) this season. :wink:

Optimist-radge: What a kind, thoughtful thing to do.

Cynic-radge: I wonder why Naismith chose to tell the press.

Bristolhibby
05-08-2014, 10:43 AM

This. All players should be doing something similar.

J

Nando™
05-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Fair play for once to this odious, cheating little prick.

Iain G
05-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Cynic-radge: I wonder why Naismith chose to tell the press.

You've grown way to cynical supporting the Hibees Mr Radge :wink:

Maybe he didn't tell the press and they got wind of it and approached him? Maybe he wants to put a simple idea out there for some other players to follow suit?

southsider
05-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Every first team player at ER should buy between 5-10 K F K tickets. Put something back in after letting us down so badly last season. The new players will really get the fans onside.

WestEndHibee
06-08-2014, 11:29 AM
As I was perusing sevco media I came across a thread entitle "the little rat" and this posted as the first post

"Naismith has been buying the unemployed folk of Liverpool tickets for evertons home games. He really is a f****** horrible wee b********* c*** of a man.
Just think had we not "died" what wonderful things this wee cretinous ******* might have done for us, let's hope Everton don't change hands and company or he will owe them nothing.at all and probably take his tickets back.
Disgusting wee prick"[QUOTE]

I'm just glad that hibs.net isn't full of this bile hatred. Until last night I really forgot how much I loathed rangers fans and what they stood for. It really was nice not having them around.