PDA

View Full Version : Bus Parking At Rangers

Chuck Rhoades
04-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Am I right in saying Rangers have a car park for the away support. Can anyone provide info please?

Carheenlea
04-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Parking for both away support buses and cars is in an enclosed car park right opposite the away end turnstiles.

Chuck Rhoades
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Parking for both away support buses and cars is in an enclosed car park right opposite the away end turnstiles.

Do you need to contact anyone before hand if you are running a bus? We are taking one through but unsure.

oconnors_strip
04-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Do you need to contact anyone before hand if you are running a bus? We are taking one through but unsure.

No, just turn up and you pay the steward at the gate. Safe and secure car park

sbell1875
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I seem to recall previous occasions where they allowed Rangers fans to walk through the car park as I think there was an exit at the far end?

May be mistaken as it is about 4 years since I last parked at the ****-Dome.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2014, 11:32 PM
I seem to recall previous occasions where they allowed Rangers fans to walk through the car park as I think there was an exit at the far end?

May be mistaken as it is about 4 years since I last parked at the ****-Dome.

I think it's just a wall and an old railway at one end. Only one entrance/exit.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2014, 07:11 AM

Use to be around £8 for a car

Carheenlea
05-08-2014, 09:13 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4709

lobster
05-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Hope not. Take the game to them :wink:

DH1875
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM

Yeah, is it not just a case that rangers fans also use the car park :confused:.

Carheenlea
05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah, is it not just a case that rangers fans also use the car park :confused:.

No, it's a designated bus and car park for visiting supporters.

Despite a lot of scare stories about Ibrox, visiting Rangers nowadays is nothing like the experience when I first started going there in 80's/early 90's.
The visitors car park is clearly signposted behind the Broomloan Stand, you leave your vehicle in a secure and stewarded area, then wander into stadium. You might get held back after for 5-10 minutes to let Rangers fan disperse, then return to car park. The police wait till everyone is back in their vehicles then they shut off the traffic lights and convoy everyone out in a oner back onto the M8 ASAP. An away day where visiting fans do get looked after.