PDA

View Full Version : Another Possitive Article

Hfc_Since1875
04-08-2014, 08:55 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-captain-liam-craig-says-3966489

Another good read following on from a similar type of article last week

Everything seems to be alot more possitive from within the camp- Here's hoping it translates onto the pitch

:flag: :flag:

Smartie
04-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Yep, another good article.

We're getting some good noises coming out at the moment, although the only thing that is going to be important from now on is the talking that they do on the park.

At least we're getting a wee bit of insight into why they may have failed badly last season.

We have plenty of players who have shown so much more than they showed last season that it would be great for them to really lift it this year and show us what they're really capable of.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
"...the best pre-match team-talk they had trying to lift them through their darkest days came not from the manager, but the chairman..."

Speaks volumes.

smurf
04-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Let's wait until he is walking the walk... We all hope and pray but I'm sorry I'm sick and tired of talking the talk.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Performances on the pitch are all that matters from now on.
Players were churning out positive interviews during Butchers reign as well. They count for nothing.

CalgaryHibs
04-08-2014, 09:44 AM
True I agree positive talk and attitude is nice to read and here

Mon Hi BEES!

Iain G
04-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Performances on the pitch are all that matters from now on.
Players were churning out positive interviews during Butchers reign as well. They count for nothing.

The difference being that the last few interviews I've read with the likes of Liam Craig sound genuine positive and upbeat, some of the stuff coming out during the second half of last season sounded less genuinely positive. We don't know how this season is going to go, most think we are a few players short of a good squad still, but it's time to give Stubbs and the players a chance to prove that the walk matches the talk.

Keith_M
04-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Let's wait until he is walking the walk... We all hope and pray but I'm sorry I'm sick and tired of talking the talk.

:agree:

Sadly, I have to agree. I'm, sick of false dawns.

The team will get my backing, as usual, but I'll believe things have changed for the better when I see the results backing that up. There seems to have been a positive change in the style of play, which I welcome, but results really are what counts.

silverhibee
04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
No comment.

Thecat23
04-08-2014, 11:20 AM
It's nice to read positive comments but Liam has a lot to prove to us that he's worth a spot in the team let alone captain. We seem to shoot ourselves on the foot everytime we do these stories.

As long as Hibs at least try entertain and try win the games I think we will at least see Stubbs is trying to get the best out them. Far to many games where Fenlon and Butcher looked to play for draws and that isn't acceptable at any level in my book.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2014, 11:36 AM
The more I read about last season the more I actually start to feel sorry for LC. I was massively critical of him last year, deservedly so at times.

However he must have been under ridiculous pressure. Essentially the man caught in the middle of a group of player who hated an arrogant bullying dinosaur and said dinosaur. He also had a, right, disenchanted fanbase on both his and the other players backs. That can't have been pleasant or easy.

Really glad Stubbs seems to have the players onside and happy. That is a surefire way to get them playing for him, something Butcher never got close to achieving.

IanM
04-08-2014, 11:36 AM
There will be no excuses this year. The way the manager has us set up, the belief he’s instilled in us already, I’m optimistic.

I'm looking forward to this

Norrieg
04-08-2014, 11:46 AM

Totally agree. I get the most dreadful feeling that we'll just be talking the talk, and he can talk!! Nice passing tippy tappy possession footbal may look good in friendlies, but when it comes to the nitty gritty lets hope he and the rest of them can walk the walk. Although to be honest there was a big improvement against Dundee United ( before the substitutions !!!! ) Nuff said.

Leith_Hibee
04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
"...the best pre-match team-talk they had trying to lift them through their darkest days came not from the manager, but the chairman..."

Speaks volumes.

Shows that Rod too cares...just not the right man to run a football club in my opinion.

R'Albin
04-08-2014, 12:29 PM
The more I read about last season the more I actually start to feel sorry for LC. I was massively critical of him last year, deservedly so at times.

However he must have been under ridiculous pressure. Essentially the man caught in the middle of a group of player who hated an arrogant bullying dinosaur and said dinosaur. He also had a, right, disenchanted fanbase on both his and the other players backs. That can't have been pleasant or easy.

Really glad Stubbs seems to have the players onside and happy. That is a surefire way to get them playing for him, something Butcher never got close to achieving.

:agree:

Generally I don't care much for player interviews but it's quite interesting hearing players from last season talk. It provides an insight into just how bad Butcher was as a manager. I believe Craig when he says last year's players weren't exactly hard to work with - possibly excluding a couple - and yet Butcher is so limited as a coach that he couldn't get them playing for him. I'm still not entirely convinced by our current squad but at least they won't have a pair of morons shouting at them and draining them of any self-belief that they do have.

Deansy
04-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I'll reserve judgement - we've had years and years of Hibs-players 'talking-the-talk' but saying nothing on the pitch.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Shows that Rod too cares...just not the right man to run a football club in my opinion.

I care about Hibs a lot as well but nobody in their right mind would put me in charge.

emerald green
04-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Talk is cheap. One of the best talkers / bull******** in the game was Terry Butcher of course, as many of us discovered to our horror.

I know quite a few totally disillusioned Hibs supporters (or should I say former supporters) who will need more than talk before they return to ER, so sickened were they by the events of last season.

They/we all desperately want to see Hibs doing their talking on the pitch. To do so, the current squad needs several good players added pretty soon.

3pm
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM

Yep but Rod put Terry the Tit in charge!

Weir7
04-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Poor wee liam. Pathetic article. Another one that cosies up to his mates in the press.

A non trying disgrace of a player. A non trier last season. Fitness levels were a disgrace.

His Monday routine of stopping venga bus for a chippy.

Only reason hes still at hibs is nobody daft enough to match his £1600 a week wages.

Liam shuth the f*** up.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Poor wee liam. Pathetic article. Another one that cosies up to his mates in the press.

A non trying disgrace of a player. A non trier last season. Fitness levels were a disgrace.

His Monday routine of stopping venga bus for a chippy.

Only reason hes still at hibs is nobody daft enough to match his £1600 a week wages.

Liam shuth the f*** up.

It's a new season , new manager new back room staff ,new tactics training routines ,fitness regimes and dietary requirements .So like Stubbs I will see how he does in new set up Last season is behind us ,time to move on and support the team instead of raking up stuff from last season . If he scores double figures for us this season that will be invaluable contribution to team .

SON OF PADDY
05-08-2014, 07:33 AM
It's a new season , new manager new back room staff ,new tactics training routines ,fitness regimes and dietary requirements .So like Stubbs I will see how he does in new set up Last season is behind us ,time to move on and support the team instead of raking up stuff from last season . If he scores double figures for us this season that will be invaluable contribution to team .

I’m with you mate! The only way is up.GGTTH

RIP
05-08-2014, 09:58 AM

A non trying disgrace of a player. A non trier last season. Fitness levels were a disgrace. His Monday routine of stopping venga bus for a chippy.

Only reason hes still at hibs is nobody daft enough to match his £1600 a week wages. Liam shuth the f*** up.

This from a poster who attacks every facet of the club with his posts. A barrage of total negativity. And we wonder why there is a disconnect between players and fans.

Call me old fashioned but swearing at the club captain on a messageboard isn't my idea of supporter behaviour.

marinello59
05-08-2014, 10:06 AM
This from a poster who attacks every facet of the club with his posts. A barrage of total negativity. And we wonder why there is a disconnect between players and fans.

Call me old fashioned but swearing at the club captain on a messageboard isn't my idea of supporter behaviour.

Guess I am old fashioned to because I agree with you.
(And that doesn't happen very often. :greengrin)

Northernhibee
05-08-2014, 10:12 AM

Top post.

Northern Hibby
05-08-2014, 02:21 PM
After all the Hibs TV interviews, is it just me that now reads all Stubbs written interviews in a scouse accent :confused: