PDA

View Full Version : NHC Glasgow 2014 closing cermony

down-the-slope
03-08-2014, 09:20 PM
We were promised 'Everyone home to ours for a party' ....... where's the bevvied Aunties / police telling them to turn it down / fight over the only single lassie / bloke pukking in the wardrobe........

SteveHFC
03-08-2014, 09:21 PM
That's still to come :agree:

down-the-slope
03-08-2014, 09:26 PM
mental girl gets on stage to dance with the topless blokes.....huckled of by security....

Thats more like it :faf:

dp00
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Surely the proclaimers are gonna make an appearance ?

Northern Hibby
03-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Lol

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2014, 10:26 PM
mental girl gets on stage to dance with the topless blokes.....huckled of by security....

Thats more like it :faf:

Was that the lassie in the green and white? I wondered where she appeared from!

Jack
03-08-2014, 10:35 PM
The Commonwealth Games legacy for Leith was the closure of Leith Waterworld by the City of Edinburgh Council so they could tart up the Commy Pool.

Thanks for that Steve Cardownie.

The Pointer
03-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Missed the community singing of The Sash/Soldier Song from each end leading to a pagger organised around a medal ceremony, followed by the traditional wife bashing by the losers. Bit of Karaoke would have been nice with a curry and mass puke against the wall as afters.

Saw a few events and Glasgow was just amazing. Pure buzzin, man! Saw a guy sitting in his car at the side of the road having a conversation with a woman - who was leaning out of a fifth floor window!

monktonharp
03-08-2014, 11:50 PM
I am a bit amazed, naw fazed by some comments on various sites about the finale to the games. It is almost as if some wanted it to be a disaster, as it was in Glasgow. get real, it was only 50 miles away, and in Scotland. the crowds were amazing, the stadiums were perfect for the crowds that turned up. the boats doon the Clyde were fantastic, or would it have been done better coming doon the water o' Leith, the Brunstane burn,or the river Esk ? almost every event was great, with great weather through Strathclyde Park,Kelvingrove, the West End, the streets o' Glasgow , the Bowling greens ,the shooting at Carnoustie, the diving in Edinburgh etc. it was the 20th Commonwealth games. the boxing, the judo even the bloody ping pong was exiting and I cant see what anyone could complain about exept for the slightly(as always) biased BBC English slant by commentators but to fair to that nation of 60m people, the won a hellava lot of medals . Iloved it and our Nation done well, and our athletes/shooters/boxers/cyclists etc etc all made us proud. Well done Glesga, well done Scotland. some people find it easy to make comments against Glasgow when they come from the East, when they have never spent anytime there, other than a day oot tae the fitba' and been bossed around wi' the polis.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2014, 12:12 AM
I am a bit amazed, naw fazed by some comments on various sites about the finale to the games. It is almost as if some wanted it to be a disaster, as it was in Glasgow. get real, it was only 50 miles away, and in Scotland. the crowds were amazing, the stadiums were perfect for the crowds that turned up. the boats doon the Clyde were fantastic, or would it have been done better coming doon the water o' Leith, the Brunstane burn,or the river Esk ? almost every event was great, with great weather through Strathclyde Park,Kelvingrove, the West End, the streets o' Glasgow , the Bowling greens ,the shooting at Carnoustie, the diving in Edinburgh etc. it was the 20th Commonwealth games. the boxing, the judo even the bloody ping pong was exiting and I cant see what anyone could complain about exept for the slightly(as always) biased BBC English slant by commentators but to fair to that nation of 60m people, the won a hellava lot of medals . Iloved it and our Nation done well, and our athletes/shooters/boxers/cyclists etc etc all made us proud. Well done Glesga, well done Scotland. some people find it easy to make comments against Glasgow when they come from the East, when they have never spent anytime there, other than a day oot tae the fitba' and been bossed around wi' the polis.

Well said, sir. Very well said.

I even think the BBC were objective and fair.

Weststandwanab
04-08-2014, 06:54 AM
I agree with the first point.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I enjoyed the Commonwealth Games. Got to a few events, watched a load on TV. Thought, with the exception of the twee first 15/20 minutes, the opening ceremony was good, enjoyed the boats, enjoyed the closing ceremony for the most part.

They seem to have been enjoyed across the world, Scotland and England performed exceptionally well, Northern Ireland done well at the boxing whilst Wales had a bit of a nightmare. The Para-sports were great to watch and it's nice to see them incorporated into the main games. After the disaster of Delhi I think, all things considered, Glasgow and Scotland has done itself proud.

marinello59
04-08-2014, 12:28 PM

:top marks

JimBHibees
04-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Completely agree thought it was a brilliant event was embraced by Glasgow very well. Went to the Men's hockey last week and apart from the sport (Aussie team were tremendous) the organisation was superb. Glued to the coverage of teh sport and it was superb.

Got to be said though the Kylie concert (I mean the closing ceremony) was pants. :greengrin

ekhibee
16-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Just thought that somewhere in the opening/closing ceremonies there would have been room for Simple Minds, arguably one of the biggest bands ever to come out of Glasgow or Scotland. Apart from that, no complaints apart from the cringeworthy opening 20 mins or so.