PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs in Supporters United advert

R11Loaded
02-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Anyone seen the advert?

"People say I'm unlucky because I've had cancer twice, I say I'm the luckiest man in the world"

Didn't know that he had cancer, once never mind twice, but thought I'd share. Respect him a lot more now.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2014, 01:04 PM
I remember the ovation he got when he came back from cancer, the second time I think, at ER. Came on as a sub and almost everyone in the ground stood and applauded him.

He thanked us by scoring about 5 minutes later.

oconnors_strip
02-08-2014, 01:11 PM
I remember reading an interview with Alan and he described in great detail about his second lot of cancer and how he coped.

He is a fighter on and off the pitch and hopefully he can give some of that to our lads when their heads are down

Persevere80
02-08-2014, 01:13 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2401518/Hpw-I-beat-cancer-twice-Gazza-Rooney-Di-Canio--Alan-Stubbs.html

I remember when he was first appointed at hibs he mentioned the fans standing to applaud him on his return to football at easter road.

southsider
02-08-2014, 06:04 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2401518/Hpw-I-beat-cancer-twice-Gazza-Rooney-Di-Canio--Alan-Stubbs.html

I remember when he was first appointed at hibs he mentioned the fans standing to applaud him on his return to football at easter road.
He spoke about the warmth he received from Hibs fans in the sunday papers the day after the game. It really was a fantastic reception he got that day, would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Blackburn Hibee
02-08-2014, 06:32 PM
His book is a great read, gives you and insight of his life and goes into detail about his cancer, etc. Also mentions his return from cancer the second time against us and how great of an ovation the Hibs fans gave him

EdinMike
02-08-2014, 08:05 PM

I knew he had cancer, the first one as sadly that was the joke back in the school yard :rolleyes:

Didn't know about the second bout, do remember the game he came back though.

I might pick up his book when I get the chance.

CallumLaidlaw
02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I knew he had cancer, the first one as sadly that was the joke back in the school yard :rolleyes:

Didn't know about the second bout, do remember the game he came back though.

I might pick up his book when I get the chance.

Just read his book while on holiday. Really good read. The guy has some fighting spirit like!

jimmyboco1875
02-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Going to get book tomorrow if it's worth a read :-)

Tom Hart RIP
03-08-2014, 05:56 AM
£4.99 in book shop st James centre

Alfred E Newman
03-08-2014, 08:07 AM
To be fair, I think he would have got a welcome from most fans under these circumstances, except for a couple of clubs of course!

southsider
03-08-2014, 08:25 AM
To be fair, I think he would have got a welcome from most fans under these circumstances, except for a couple of clubs of course!
With respect Malcolm, i think you are missing the point. This happened at ER and the memory has lasted long and clear for our new head coach. It may be fate that he now has the job. I only wish that he is given proper funding to do his job. GGTTH.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 06:51 PM
The programmes on BT Sport in Thursday night at 830.

snedzuk
04-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Going to get book tomorrow if it's worth a read :-)

Its certainly worth it - interesting and highly motivated guy.