PDA

View Full Version : Starting Line Against Rangers

Unseen work
01-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Stubbs has said he is very clear on the team to start, so what do we think? Peronsally i think it will be

Oxley

Gray Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Stanton

El Alagui

Subs - Combe, Nelson, S.Allan, L.Allan, Booth, Tudor-Jones, Heffernan

Its the most tried and tested and seems to be performing well and they all know their roles. Think allan will start on the bench as his fitness wont be just there yet

Hibby_G
01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Stubbs has said he is very clear on the team to start, so what do we think? Peronsally i think it will be

Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Stanton

El Alagui

Its the most tried and tested and seems to be performing well and they all know their roles. Think allan will start on the bench as his fitness wont be just there yet

I would play Cummings Instead of El Alagui but Cummings is injured

down-the-slope
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM

Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Stanton

El Alagui

Surprised if its anything else given its line up and formation that has had pre-season precedence.....

Hibeesmad
01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
I think the team will be exactly that except Allan will play for Handling

bingo70
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Oxley

Gray Nelson hanlon booth

Robertson Craig

Stanton. Allan. Harris

Al guily

Unseen work
01-08-2014, 09:07 PM
I think the team will be exactly that except Allan will play for Handling

i think allan will be a first name on the team sheet soon, but i think handling has been playing really well and doesnt deserve to get dropped because of allans reputation and he has only played about 90 mins of football so i think tuesday might be too soon for him, plus hes not played in that system with the first picks yet

Hibeesmad
01-08-2014, 09:09 PM
i think allan will be a first name on the team sheet soon, but i think handling has been playing really well and doesnt deserve to get dropped because of allans reputation and he has only played about 90 mins of football so i think tuesday might be too soon for him, plus hes not played in that system with the first picks yet

Fair enough, I agree with what you have said, handling has looked really sharp in the last few games, I just thought Allan would be raring to go against Rangers to prove himself, he will no doubt get at least 30 mins anyway

Heisenberg
01-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Allan Stanton

El Alagui

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Oxley

Gray Forster Hanlon Booth

Robertson Stevenson

Harris Craig Stanton

El Alagui

Brightside
01-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Im 100% it will be this....

Oxley

Robertson Craig

Stanton. Allan. Harris

Shug

IF Allan doesn't quite get fit enough it will be Handling.

and for me that team is better than anything in the league. :thumbsup:

c31
01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
and for me that team is better than anything in the league. :thumbsup:

maybe but it's not all about talent it's all about attitude as well, we need to create a wining mentality and not be shat on by the huns or the cheats if we can create that within the team then we might have 1/2 a chance.

danhibees1875
02-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Oxley
Gray hanlon forster booth
Craig Robertson Stanton
Heff el Cummings

Keith_M
02-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Not enough firepower in the players available so I can see us losing on Tuesday.

I think the game is best viewed as another step up in preparation for the new season starting on Saturday.

J-C
02-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Oxley

Gray Nelson hanlon booth

Robertson Craig

Stanton. Allan. Harris

Al guily......... EL ALAGUI

Try to remember the spelling :greengrin

J-C
02-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Oxley
Gray hanlon forster booth
Craig Robertson Stanton
Heff el Cummings

Heff still not started a pre season game and Cummings is still couple of weeks away from starting training again, I wonder if some folk read this site and take in what's being reported and said.

danhibees1875
02-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Heff still not started a pre season game and Cummings is still couple of weeks away from starting training again, I wonder if some folk read this site and take in what's being reported and said.
We also won't be going 4-3-3 away to sevco. But that didn't stop me typing it either.

:greengrin

Turkish Green
02-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Oxley

Gray Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Craig

Harris Allan Stanton

El Alagui

I have a feeling they will not score.

Ronniekirk
02-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Oxley

Gray Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Craig

Harris Allan Stanton

El Alagui

I have a feeling they will not score.

They have a habit of being slow starters but can't see them not scoring with Boyd and Miller up top and if they can find a place for Deano he is creative and a goal threat .Some gets fans said Templeton was looking fast and sharp preseason and don't know how Zaliukas is fitting in but he could be a good player for them .
Hope your feeling is right though then all we need to do is score one goal

lord bunberry
02-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I would be surprised if Allan doesn't play. I'm not saying we should be taking this game lightly but getting Allan up to speed for the league campaign has to be the main prioririty.

southern hibby
02-08-2014, 11:27 AM
I would be surprised if Allan doesn't play. I'm not saying we should be taking this game lightly but getting Allan up to speed for the league campaign has to be the main prioririty.

No game we play I'n should be taken lightly. I also believe that the first 3/4 games Hibs will go out to win. AS will know a win against the newest team I'n Scotland will really boost confidence within the team and within the fans. If we get 3/4 wins under our belt it will boost fans I'n seats.

One thing I do feel we will excellent at this season is changing our formation when needed. GGTTH

GGTTH.

number9dream
02-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Might be something like this for a trip to Ibrox.
Bring in a forward for Nelson against other sides.

Oxley
Forster Nelson Hanlon
Gray Robertson Allan Craig Booth
Stanton
Farid

hibbymick
02-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Off topic a bit but I see Moshni was sent off today for Rangers(violent conduct) . Would that kick in for their next game ?

down-the-slope
02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Off topic a bit but I see Moshni was sent off today for Rangers(violent conduct) . Would that kick in for their next game ?

Nope - no relevance to league / competitive matches

Sas_The_Hibby
02-08-2014, 02:52 PM
I would play Cummings Instead of El Alagui but Cummings is injured

I would play Messi instead of Handling but Messi doesn't play for us....... :wink:

tamig
02-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Lots of folk putting Stanton in at wide midfield. Sam's not a wide player and I don't think he influences games at all when he plays there.

J-C
02-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Lots of folk putting Stanton in at wide midfield. Sam's not a wide player and I don't think he influences games at all when he plays there.

Thing is we have Allan and now Handling playing in the hole behind the striker, Stanton prefers that role but as Allan and Handling are not blessed with pace, young Sam has to help out the team and play wide.

yankyhibby
02-08-2014, 09:50 PM

Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Stanton

El Alagui

With all due respect, that particular line up has not been tried and tested where it matters - in the cut and thrust of the games that matter. I remain hopeful that such a line up will indeed perform "well"

silverhibee
02-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I will be happy with a winning team on Tuesday night. :gwa:

scoopyboy
02-08-2014, 11:09 PM

You sure about that?

You just can't go about getting sent off for violent conduct in any game and not get punished.

FWIW I reckon he will be suspended for the game on Tuesday.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Looking at those line ups Rangers must be absolutely *****ing themselves

Ronniekirk
03-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Looking at those line ups Rangers must be absolutely *****ing themselves
And so they should be they are not invincible

Hermit Crab
03-08-2014, 01:21 AM

Im not so sure. Scott Robinson got sent off in a hearts pre season game and now misses the first 3 matches through suspension including the game just played against Annan. Am I right?

Unseen work
03-08-2014, 08:26 AM
With all due respect, that particular line up has not been tried and tested where it matters - in the cut and thrust of the games that matter. I remain hopeful that such a line up will indeed perform "well"

Yeah I know what your saying but as of pre season and new manager it's probably our most recognisable starting 11

Unseen work
03-08-2014, 08:27 AM
They have a habit of being slow starters but can't see them not scoring with Boyd and Miller up top and if they can find a place for Deano he is creative and a goal threat .Some gets fans said Templeton was looking fast and sharp preseason and don't know how Zaliukas is fitting in but he could be a good player for them .
Hope your feeling is right though then all we need to do is score one goal

I forgot the quality of some players they have, like shiels and templeton. Completely forgot they played for them

Billy Whizz
03-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Im not so sure. Scott Robinson got sent off in a hearts pre season game and now misses the first 3 matches through suspension including the game just played against Annan. Am I right?

One game ban for the sending off, and a 2 game ban carried over from last season I believe

happiehibbie
03-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Alan in for Handling and booth in for Stevenson

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Not enough firepower in the players available so I can see us losing on Tuesday.

I think the game is best viewed as another step up in preparation for the new season starting on Saturday.

I agree with this. We should go out looking to win, because to do so at The Rangers will be good for moral and confidence, but losing wont be the end of the world provided we play well in a close game.

The league is all that matters.

silverhibee
03-08-2014, 12:39 PM
You sure about that?

You just can't go about getting sent off for violent conduct in any game and not get punished.

FWIW I reckon he will be suspended for the game on Tuesday.

Seems it is down to the ref if he mentions it in his report after the game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-defender-efe-ambrose-dodge-3964267

Even McCoist isn't to sure if he is available for Tuesday night, i hope he is. :greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-hold-3963942

:aok: