PDA

View Full Version : James McDonaugh (Offski)

Gus Fring
01-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Any updates on what's happening with him? Some we're saying he was sacked but he's taken charge of the youth team since then. Are we to assume he was reinterviewed and kept his job in the end? Or is Eddie May on his way from Stirling now?

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-08-2014, 08:58 PM
He was at the open day on Thurs and was brilliant with all the kids, signing autographs and having a laugh with them. Didn't strike me as a guy about to be sacked/leave

GoldenEagle
01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
I think the answer could be here:

http://slfl.co.uk/?p=1559

Gus Fring
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Does Eddie May arriving mean McDonaugh has to leave? Maybe they'll be doing different jobs?

Hibeesmad
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
I think the answer could be here:

http://slfl.co.uk/?p=1559

Seems as if he be here asap, replacing Bill Hendry I hope

PatHead
01-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Does Eddie May arriving mean McDonaugh has to leave? Maybe they'll be doing different jobs?

Think there is room for both

mrdependable
01-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Hibs transfer news tweets that Eddie May will be taking over Bill Hendrys job as head of youth development

Gordy M
01-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Im not in the know at all, but maybe jm was interviewed to see if he was going to be able to work alongside eddie may and they had roughly the same philosophy?

sahib
01-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Hibs transfer news tweets that Eddie May will be taking over Bill Hendrys job as head of youth development

They will need to build a multi-story tower block at East Mains to meet the office space requirements of all the backroom staff.

RyeSloan
01-08-2014, 10:26 PM
They will need to build a multi-story tower block at East Mains to meet the office space requirements of all the backroom staff.

Yeah but maybe we cut staff too far and standards slipped across the board....we need to invest in the club not just the first 11 players to have a successful team over the long haul.

sahib
01-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Yeah but maybe we cut staff too far and standards slipped across the board....we need to invest in the club not just the first 11 players to have a successful team over the long haul.

We got on fine a few years back. Venus and the other bloke managed the team; Petrie phoned around trying to flog the team and Tam McCourt did everything else. :wink:

Ozyhibby
02-08-2014, 01:35 AM
He's staying

SMAXXA
02-08-2014, 02:56 AM
He hasn't been sacked and been basically assured if the job if he wants to interview on a reduced package. He will retain the current position with May replacing Hendry and not before long he is moved on.

HoboHarry
02-08-2014, 03:16 AM
He hasn't been sacked and been basically assured if the job if he wants to interview on a reduced package. He will retain the current position with May replacing Hendry and not before long he is moved on.
I'm just wondering how you know that the terms are reduced?

J-C
02-08-2014, 07:53 AM

There are some things certain posters on here can't answer, just accept that these posters have certain contacts who give us privvy inside stuff now and then.

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2014, 10:13 AM

James Mc's told a few folk that this is the case.

HoboHarry
02-08-2014, 06:45 PM
James Mc's told a few folk that this is the case.
Did he tell you? I don't many people who go around yapping about how much they earn....

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Did he tell you? I don't many people who go around yapping about how much they earn....

Not a penny!!!!!!!!!!

hibs4thecup1988
03-08-2014, 04:27 PM

This 100% from someone who spoke to James at Selkirk.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 06:03 PM

Not me directly, no. He never said figures just that he's taken a cut to stay.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 06:07 PM

Makes sense.

Cuts all over the place so McDonaugh is no different.

scoopyboy
03-08-2014, 07:00 PM

I can't answer for Danderhall Hibs but a coaching friend of mine was told by James the job is his if he wants it at a reduced salary. He didn't tell him what it was reduced from or to.

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I can't answer for Danderhall Hibs but a coaching friend of mine was told by James the job is his if he wants it at a reduced salary. He didn't tell him what it was reduced from or to.
Not doubting you Scoopy. Your information tends to be good but the point I was making was that as usual on this forum this is all "somebody else said........"

jdships
03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
From what I was told this afternoon from a member of Hibs playing staff (he did not mention J McD by name ) it appears that most if not all of the coaching staff that stayed on after relegation have had their contracts/conditions revised/amended
To quote him " doesn't appear to be anything sinister about all this just the club adjusting the wage bill as they are doing with the players "
He wouldn't comment further , which is fair enough

Sounds logical and nothing untoward :flag:

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Not doubting you Scoopy. Your information tends to be good but the point I was making was that as usual on this forum this is all "somebody else said........"

Just to be clear James McD said this but not the exact number involved or exact details of the cut.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Just to be clear James McD said this but not the exact number involved or exact details of the cut.

Any proof :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Any proof :dunno:

:hilarious

Just a recording of the conversation but no doubt with there being no pictures to accompany it that evidence could be challenged.

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 07:52 PM
No it's not clear at all. Both you and Scoopy and stating 2nd hand information. Now I'm not saying you are wrong - simply pointing out that as usual on this site it's information that has not been verified from the actual person involved.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 07:54 PM
No it's not clear at all. Both you and Scoopy and stating 2nd hand information. Now I'm not saying you are wrong - simply pointing out that as usual on this site it's information that has not been verified from the actual person involved.

FFS. Believe what you want - maybe James can go on the record at the next under 20s press conference.

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 07:54 PM
:hilarious

Just a recording of the conversation but no doubt with there being no pictures to accompany it that evidence could be challenged.
If there was a recording it would be in the public domain by now - so again - second hand information.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 07:55 PM
If there was a recording it would be in the public domain by now - so again - second hand information.

Maybe someone can set up a 121 with you and James so you can get this 1st hand?

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 07:55 PM
FFS. Believe what you want - maybe James can go on the record at the next under 20s press conference.
FFS. Why in the world would he? It has nothing to do with anyone except him and Hibs..

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 07:56 PM
FFS. Why in the world would he? It has nothing to do with anyone except him and Hibs..

If someone asked him? And I agree with your 2nd point but it seems he likes telling folk (not you) stuff.

scoopyboy
03-08-2014, 07:58 PM

James did not tell me directly, no argument there whatsoever.

James told my mate who passed it on to me. They speak through being coaches at their respective clubs and also through bowls, a sport they are pretty handy at.

keep the faith
03-08-2014, 08:02 PM

😄

Brightside
03-08-2014, 08:14 PM

He's staying. Reduced role (Development Team Coach), reduced salary. Ive really no idea why you are arguing about the information?

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 08:37 PM
He's staying. Reduced role (Development Team Coach), reduced salary. Ive really no idea why you are arguing about the information?
I'm not and if you read my earlier posts you would know that. It may well be correct but posters are repeating information that has not come directly for JMcD which makes it nothing more than hearsay at this point. Unless he has told you directly.....

weonlywon6-2
03-08-2014, 09:13 PM

So eddie may now coming in,weve signed more backroom staff than players!!!

dp00
03-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Update on James - he is a big fan of kylie - confirmed on twitter :)

SMAXXA
03-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm not and if you read my earlier posts you would know that. It may well be correct but posters are repeating information that has not come directly for JMcD which makes it nothing more than hearsay at this point. Unless he has told you directly.....

What does it matter who he's told it directly to or indirectly to, I suspect some people on here hold some credibility with info so if people give an update on what HAS actually happened then don't expect them to come back and tell you how exactly they KNOW the situation as maybe people don't want to reveal such information. Simple no, if someone posts something either believe it or not without asking specifically how they know.

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 10:41 PM
What does it matter who he's told it directly to or indirectly to, I suspect some people on here hold some credibility with info so if people give an update on what HAS actually happened then don't expect them to come back and tell you how exactly they KNOW the situation as maybe people don't want to reveal such information. Simple no, if someone posts something either believe it or not without asking specifically how they know.
Again - some people do have some credibility with information and I stated that earlier in regards to Scoopyboy. However, even he heard it from a third party. It matters a great deal whether he told it to someone directly or indirectly - do you really not get that? If it's indirect then it's hearsay, that's fairly obvious. Finally, I will make up my own mind on what I wish to question thank you.

SMAXXA
03-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Again - some people do have some credibility with information and I stated that earlier in regards to Scoopyboy. However, even he heard it from a third party. It matters a great deal whether he told it to someone directly or indirectly - do you really not get that? If it's indirect then it's hearsay, that's fairly obvious. Finally, I will make up my own mind on what I wish to question thank you.

So for argument sake he told it to my wife she tells me, my best mate he tells me and it's hearsay? Not that that's how I know btw but I'd hardly say that's hearsay.

Seems your making a deal out of something that's not, believe what you wish.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2014, 12:23 AM

So if SMAXXA or Scoopyboy had said "yeah JM told me directly" then you would have believed it?

Then if you decided to tell somebody else then that would be 'hearsay'??

Strange point of view tbh

HoboHarry
04-08-2014, 12:46 AM
So if SMAXXA or Scoopyboy had said "yeah JM told me directly" then you would have believed it?

Then if you decided to tell somebody else then that would be 'hearsay'??

Strange point of view tbh
Did I say that I would have necessarily believed it?

tamig
04-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Did I say that I would have necessarily believed it?

What a bore....

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2014, 07:24 AM
I believe that a plane was shot down killing hundreds of people over the Ukraine, although I'm not sure if it really happened as it was information I received second hand through the media.

brog
04-08-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm somewhat loathe to add to this thread as we're discussing an individual's personal details. However let me confirm some details I posted on PM board last week. JMcD did have to re-apply for his job at a considerably reduced salary, he was interviewed last week. The fact James is still here suggests to me he's been successful & has agreed to stay on but I have no information to confirm that. Can I suggest we maybe suggest close this thread down now?

Ronniekirk
04-08-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm somewhat loathe to add to this thread as we're discussing an individual's personal details. However let me confirm some details I posted on PM board last week. JMcD did have to re-apply for his job at a considerably reduced salary, he was interviewed last week. The fact James is still here suggests to me he's been successful & has agreed to stay on but I have no information to confirm that. Can I suggest we maybe suggest close this thread down now?

Your assuming that people are going to believe your account is true but someone is bound to ask you your source and how they know it's true . Am happy he is still on board .
Ps have you heard if Eddie May is defo coming on board .

sahib
04-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Your assuming that people are going to believe your account is true but someone is bound to ask you your source and how they know it's true . Am happy he is still on board .

I am not too keen Eddie May for some reason which I can't remember. :confused:
I remember he scored some sort of milestone goal for us.

brog
04-08-2014, 09:57 AM

You're correct but TBH, I think asking for the source is one of the daftest questions ever. If you have a confidential source why would you destroy it by naming the person on here? I haven't heard anything about Eddie I'm afraid.

jdships
04-08-2014, 09:59 AM

:agree::thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
04-08-2014, 10:13 AM
You're correct but TBH, I think asking for the source is one of the daftest questions ever. If you have a confidential source why would you destroy it by naming the person on here? I haven't heard anything about Eddie I'm afraid.
Just if James is happy yo stay and had been interviewed you would have thought he would have wanted clarification on if May was coming and if so what was his role in new set up and would that alter things .

jdships
04-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Just if James is happy yo stay and had been interviewed you would have thought he would have wanted clarification on if May was coming and if so what was his role in new set up and would that alter things .

How do you/we know he hasn't ?:confused:

Ross4356
04-08-2014, 10:35 AM
So can someone please clean up what is happening with coaching, a comparison from last year would be great

Greenworld
04-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Noticed eddie has resigned from stirling

IWasThere2016
05-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Noticed eddie has resigned from stirling

May is a Hibs employee now.

Greenworld
05-08-2014, 08:08 AM
May is a Hibs employee now.
Cheers that completes the backroom staff I guess

Lucius Apuleius
05-08-2014, 08:10 AM

Still need someone to run the tea concession at East Mains. ;-)

IWasThere2016
05-08-2014, 01:14 PM

No - new chief scout also to be brought in soon..

Greenworld
05-08-2014, 04:03 PM
No - new chief scout also to be brought in soon..
Really I suppose its one of the most important roles ........whose ths best one out there

DTS
09-08-2014, 10:25 PM
From the looks of the under twentys on twitter he is away seven of the players tweeting along the lines of absolute disgrace, absolutely gutted etc all have been favourited by James

TowerHibs
09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
From the looks of the under twentys on twitter he is away seven of the players tweeting along the lines of absolute disgrace, absolutely gutted etc all have been favourited by James

the u20's should have a hard look at themselves and who is paying their wages and who they play for.

Young players nowadays have their heads in the clouds. They play for Hibs....not James, Stubbs, Butcher, Dempster.......HIBS

DTS
09-08-2014, 10:30 PM
the u20's should have a hard look at themselves and who is paying their wages and who they play for.

Young players nowadays have their heads in the clouds. They play for Hibs....not James, Stubbs, Butcher, Dempster.......HIBS

Yeah I agree the disgrace is too far although saying they are gutted is fair enough especially when all in all James hasn't really done anything to lose his job

TowerHibs
09-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Yeah I agree the disgrace is too far although saying they are gutted is fair enough especially when all in all James hasn't really done anything to lose his job

no but the club is trying to put a structure in which they feel is correct. Sadly there is colateral damage in that. This is football. These young guys better get used to it if they are going to have any career as a professional player.

Calling your employer a disgrace on a public forum, in my eyes, is a shocking way to act and is proof that these guys have a long way to go to have a top professional attitude.

TowerHibs
09-08-2014, 10:41 PM
went onto his twitter and saw the favourited tweets. Yes sad, and i understand their rt at this but they should not be making these remark about the club, especially when some have only been full time for a matter of months. As above, if they have any desire to be a footballer for 10/2 years then this will happen to better coaches than James....will they be calling their club a disgrace when getting thousands a week???

Now no longer been favorited by James, cant see them on hiis twitter..........

hibeegranny
09-08-2014, 10:47 PM

You are right he hasn't who said he's lost his job

DTS
09-08-2014, 10:53 PM
You are right he hasn't who said he's lost his job

Well it's been doing the rounds for weeks that he is losing his job or being made to re-apply and now this? It could be a big coinicidence but I doubt it

BarneyK
09-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Well it's been doing the rounds for weeks that he is losing his job or being made to re-apply and now this? It could be a big coinicidence but I doubt it

Guy on the Bounce says he's away to Falkirk

DTS
09-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Guy on the Bounce says he's away to Falkirk

Recommendation from maybury?

DTS
09-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Well he is now replying to good luck messages on twitter so I'd say that's him away

dp00
09-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Would reckon he is away... Pretty much confirmed as much on twitter. Also appears to have somewhere set up to move on

hibee_girl
10-08-2014, 12:08 AM

I agree in a way but I think we also have to remember that the u20's had a massively difficult time of it last year when they lost David Paul. James helped them through that so to many of them he's probably more than just a coach

macd123
10-08-2014, 01:15 AM
A shame, good luck to him. I hope george craig knows what he is doing. I would have liked him and maybury to stay but i guess time will tell if it's a good decision. A good hibee regardless as you can see in this tweet

https://twitter.com/Jamesmcdonaugh/status/492069821719523328

oconnors_strip
10-08-2014, 01:18 AM

James wasn't just a coach to these young lads but a mentor, a support, a shoulder to cry on when their team mate david Paul died suddenly at Christmas last year. James isn't your run of the mill coach, he is very open and friendly and will be a great loss to the club and academy.

Scooter
10-08-2014, 07:26 AM
The real bad thing is. He bleeds green. He didn't apply for any manager/assistant post as he felt more secure in the job he is/was doing. The powers at be I believe actually reassured him months ago that his position was safe

TowerHibs
10-08-2014, 07:51 AM
James wasn't just a coach to these young lads but a mentor, a support, a shoulder to cry on when their team mate david Paul died suddenly at Christmas last year. James isn't your run of the mill coach, he is very open and friendly and will be a great loss to the club and academy.
Listen, I am not saying the players should not be upset about this. I know James and have played under him. Yes be upset, be supportive but don't publicly say the club is a disgrace when it is said club who a) is paying your wage b) you are wanting a chance to play for the club. I bet all the players who called the club a disgrace will be there on Monday morning wanting to train though.

I work for a bank now I'd I would be in severe trouble if I called my work and management a disgrace on twitter and Facebook...not sure why these guys think it's ok. All I'm saying is that if they have any desire to make it to a top top level, this sort of thing will happen work often than not. It's football. New coaches come in all the time, work just as hard as for all of them.

To me, it gives the impression that these guys will give whoever comes in (eddie may) the cold shoulder at first because of their disgust at James leaving. This is the wrong attitude.

bigwheel
10-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Suggestions that he already has new job at Falkirk. Good luck to him if that's the case ! Big decision by Craig - hope he has this one right

TowerHibs
10-08-2014, 07:53 AM
The real bad thing is. He bleeds green. He didn't apply for any manager/assistant post as he felt more secure in the job he is/was doing. The powers at be I believe actually reassured him months ago that his position was safe
Well no position is safe in football. Especially at a relegated team.

If he is now in at Falkirk, all the best James. Thanks for your efforts and support over the many years

lucky
10-08-2014, 08:18 AM
FFS he's a coach. Not the second coming. Hibs are moving on, there's a new structure getting put in place. He clearly did not fit into it so he's gone.

Weir7
10-08-2014, 08:22 AM
FFS he's a coach. Not the second coming. Hibs are moving on, there's a new structure getting put in place. He clearly did not fit into it so he's gone.

So why did he get offered u20s job then at hibs?

marinello59
10-08-2014, 08:25 AM

Spot on.We have seen plenty of comment about the previous lack of leadership at the club. Well it looks like under Dempster there is a willingness to not only make tough decisions but to make unpopular decisions in order to push the new vision for the club forward.
Best of luck to him though, hopefully he does well at wherever he ends up in the future.

jdships
10-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Spot on.We have seen plenty of comment about the previous lack of leadership at the club. Well it looks like under Dempster there is a willingness to not only make tough decisions but to make unpopular decisions in order to push the new vision for the club forward.
Best of luck to him though, hopefully he does well at wherever he ends up in the future.

Good post ! :agree:
This is not an "Hibs thing " it is a regular occurance with firms that have " financial restraints " forced upon them ( i.e. Relegation)
My nephew had to reapply for his job as the Company he works for needed to be restructured financially.
He was successful but was asked to take a 15% cut in salary for at least two years.
With a wife , a young child and a mortgage he had little choice but to accept !
To the firms credit after 18 months they " reinstated " 5% of his salary and are hinting things could be back to normal in 2015.
This could be as it is at ER with JM

truehibernian
10-08-2014, 10:01 AM

Agreed - but this could also be a wise career move for James if he wants to now make the progression to senior team coaching and management. Coaches do come and go with 'regime' change - I don't hear any grumblings at all from playing staff under the new coaches and on the contrary the place seems happy and transformed. The players who worked under JD naturally are disappointed however as you say there is the 'human' aspect to him that they've been drawn to.

Wish him all the very very best but Hibs are moving in the right direction with clearly thought out and structured plans. The one coach I'm sad left is Boozy as I think he has the perfect combination of coaching, balance between staff and players, and down right fun.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2014, 11:08 AM

:agree: LD is setting up a completely new way of running the club from top to bottom, the early signs are looking good.

Let her get on with it, we've hardly been successful doing things the old way.

Bishop Hibee
10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
As I posted elsewhere, no one involved in the club over the last few years should feel their jobs are safe. Thanks to McDonaugh for his hard work but I'm more interested in his replacement than what he's doing now.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2014, 11:46 AM
With a new leader to take us over the top there was always going to be casualties, forwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard......................... .

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2014, 11:52 AM
I agree about the twitter comments, if any of us called our employers a disgrace on social media...there would be repercussions. ..LD should stamp this out. Under 20s, or 1st team its not acceptable!

BSEJVT
10-08-2014, 06:06 PM
The only guy I know with an "in" at HTC spoke very highly of James.

But this is revolution not evolution and casualties were/are inevitable.

Maybe it's been too much like a "social" club, with too many people too comfortable and secure?

I don't give a damn if the u20's win the league, cup or whatever.

I do know however that many of the clubs we have beaten in these competitions have brought through more and better youngsters and that's all that really matters.

I like also the fact that our internal machinations are kept just that.

Far too many people knew far too much about what was going out at ER & HTC

erin go bragh
10-08-2014, 07:15 PM
So why did he get offered u20s job then at hibs?

Has he not went to Falkirk as the assistant manager ?
If he has any aspirations to be a manager himself , could be a better move for him than with us .

Ggtth

Wotherspiniesta
10-08-2014, 07:16 PM
I agree about the twitter comments, if any of us called our employers a disgrace on social media...there would be repercussions. ..LD should stamp this out. Under 20s, or 1st team its not acceptable!

:agree:

TowerHibs is spot on.

I'm sure if James is such a big part of the lads lives, he'll still pick up the phone to mentor them through their football career, but to go onto twitter calling it a "disgrace" is incredibly immature.

Turkish Green
10-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Sometimes when an organisation is restructured some square pegs do not fit and new blood has to be brought in.

I know that there are lads at U20 who are there solely due to JMcD when they had better offers from elsewhere. Times move on, though.

HoboHarry
10-08-2014, 07:42 PM

TowerHibs is spot on.

I'm sure if James is such a big part of the lads lives, he'll still pick up the phone to mentor them through their football career, but to go onto twitter calling it a "disgrace" is incredibly immature.
Is there a link to Twitter which said "Disgrace"? I saw the "shocked" and "gutted" comments but not the disgrace comment? Is this real or another Hibs.net "fact"?

Wotherspiniesta
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Is there a link to Twitter which said "Disgrace"? I saw the "shocked" and "gutted" comments but not the disgrace comment? Is this real or another Hibs.net "fact"?

Definately put up. I wouldn't put it up who it was as wouldn't want to land the guy in any trouble. They're just young guys and need to be taught about the perils of social media.

HoboHarry
10-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Definately put up. I wouldn't put it up who it was as wouldn't want to land the guy in any trouble. They're just young guys and need to be taught about the perils of social media.
He already is in trouble - do you seriously think that Hibs won't know if it was up?

SMAXXA
10-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Away to Falkirk as first team coach

NOLA
10-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Away to Falkirk as first team coach
Good luck to him there, a big miss for us id say, lets just wait and see how eddie may and george craig set about our youth system before passing udgement, still sad hes away but hes got a good team to progress with, wish him all the best :agree:

brog
10-08-2014, 09:15 PM
There's a few inaccurate comments on here. As many have suggested there's always people who lose out in any restructuring & that's sad but understandable but in this case it may be us who have lost out. I won't go into details but I believe we were now very keen to retain James but the initial offer & fall out alerted other clubs to his possible availability. Falkirk have made an excellent offer & James has accepted. I'm fully supportive of the ER revolution but we could perhaps have handled this better. Anyway good luck to James in the future but we move on. The club is bigger than any individual.

Capt Mainwaring
10-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Best wishes and good luck to James in his new role. Suspect he'll see the role of first team coach at Falkirk as a career step forward and his CV from Hibs will have impressed his new employers.

Onwards and upwards for all parties

TowerHibs
10-08-2014, 09:47 PM
There's a few inaccurate comments on here. As many have suggested there's always people who lose out in any restructuring & that's sad but understandable but in this case it may be us who have lost out. I won't go into details but I believe we were now very keen to retain James but the initial offer & fall out alerted other clubs to his possible availability. Falkirk have made an excellent offer & James has accepted. I'm fully supportive of the ER revolution but we could perhaps have handled this better. Anyway good luck to James in the future but we move on. The club is bigger than any individual.
Well if that's the case it makes the u20's comments even more shocking about Hibs being a disgrace.

as someone stated, Dempster should be reading the riot act to everyone at club about their conduct on social media. Players have to realise that the club pays their wages and to be more respectful to it and the fans.

FranckSuzy
10-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Best wishes and good luck to James in his new role. Suspect he'll see the role of first team coach at Falkirk as a career step forward and his CV from Hibs will have impressed his new employers.

Onwards and upwards for all parties

:agree: :top marks

lucky
10-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Don't get this the best wishes to JM. He's signed for a rival in other league. If he is successful it could be detrimental to our club

keep the faith
10-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Don't get this the best wishes to JM. He's signed for a rival in other league. If he is successful it could be detrimental to our club

Because he did a great job and most will wish him well for that.
I don't get all the ill will for anyone who leaves us recently.

HoboHarry
10-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Well if that's the case it makes the u20's comments even more shocking about Hibs being a disgrace.

as someone stated, Dempster should be reading the riot act to everyone at club about their conduct on social media. Players have to realise that the club pays their wages and to be more respectful to it and the fans.
I will believe the "Disgrace" comment when I see it. As I said earlier I saw the Shocked and Gutted but not the disgrace comment.

TowerHibs
11-08-2014, 07:45 AM
I will believe the "Disgrace" comment when I see it. As I said earlier I saw the Shocked and Gutted but not the disgrace comment.

Fair enough. Just the 3 or 4 people on here had told porkies for the sake of it. James had favourite about 7 or 8 tweets on Saturday night and by Sunday they were off his time line. Make of that what you want.

Anyway, he's at Falkirk now and by his own tweet it was an offer he decided to accept while at Hibs. So all the best, onwards and upwards for both us I reckon

LewisHFC
11-08-2014, 10:48 AM
How do you pronounce his surname? Always wondered

Hibstrooper
11-08-2014, 11:21 AM

McDonaugh :agree:

macd123
11-08-2014, 02:23 PM
On SSN. He is new First team coach at Falkirk.

Elephant Stone
11-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Mc-donna, I think.

Jonnyboy
11-08-2014, 03:03 PM
The club can also confirm that Head of Academy Coaching James McDonaugh has left the club with immediate effect to take up the post of first team coach at Falkirk.

McDonaugh had been associated with Hibernian’s Academy for several years and led the under-20s and East of Scotland team to success last season.

Everybody at the club would like to thank James for his contribution and wish him all the best as he embarks on the next chapter in his career.

Taken from this article http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4730

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Aw the best James.

Tell you what there's going to be a bit less ITK info on here now!

Jonnyboy
11-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Aw the best James.

Hmmm, only someone in the know could make such a positive statement :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Hmmm, only someone in the know could make such a positive statement :greengrin

:greengrin We'll all soon be experts on the ins and outs of Falkirk though!

brog
11-08-2014, 04:15 PM

Its quite possible that some of the U-20's, like several posters on here, were not fully conversant with the situation & didn't appreciate that James had chosen to leave. We're talking young lads here, if posting nonsense somewhere is the worst thing they do they'll be fine, & they'll be in good company! :wink:

Forza Fred
12-08-2014, 06:15 AM
[B]

Its quite possible that some of the U-20's, like several posters on here, were not fully conversant with the situation & didn't appreciate that James had chosen to leave. We're talking young lads here, if posting nonsense somewhere is the worst thing they do they'll be fine, & they'll be in good company! :wink:

Agree Brian, we never did anything daft when we were younger did we?:wink:

bawheid
12-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Aw the best James.

J-C
12-08-2014, 06:18 AM
Aw the best James.

So you think that James was the blabbermouth at East Mains, deary me :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2014, 06:19 AM
So you think that James was the blabbermouth at East Mains, deary me :rolleyes:

No. He was one of them.

bawheid
12-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Summer 2014 will go down in history as the great purge of the fishwives.

Evidenced recently by Scott Allan signing completely under the ITK radar.

J-C
12-08-2014, 06:22 AM
No. He was one of them.

As was many of the players, kit man, groundsmen, physio, etc etc you just don't like the fact that people get info from the club that's not an official statement.

matty_f
12-08-2014, 07:10 AM
As was many of the players, kit man, groundsmen, physio, etc etc you just don't like the fact that people get info from the club that's not an official statement.

Why would he not like that? :dunno:

J-C
12-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Why would he not like that? :dunno:

He's had a few posts berating the fact that certain ITK posters get some info from people at the club and he thinks this shouldn't happen, I'm just trying to explain that there are many people involved at ER and EM and that info will always get out there some way or another, it's human nature to gossip so there was no need to have a dig at McDonaugh saying the gossip at EM might cease now that he's away.

SMAXXA
12-08-2014, 07:43 AM
No. He was one of them.

it's like Punch and Judy when it comes to an ITK comment, I actually thought yous were the same person.

hibeegranny
12-08-2014, 08:40 AM
No. He was one of them.

Well this just goes to show you know nothing about him and are not ITK as this is something he would never do

take it from someone who knows him inside out and give it a rest

Peevemor
12-08-2014, 09:07 AM

It should be McDonach (ch as in loch) but people sometimes say McDonna to keep things simple. It's my surname too and it certainly baffles the locals here.

IWasThere2016
12-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Indeed .. especially for those on the "we've signed 4 - just no announced them" nonsense. Deary me.

marinello59
12-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Indeed .. especially for those on the "we've signed 4 - just no announced them" nonsense. Deary me.

Indeed. They should wait until it's been announced on the Official Site before claiming anything as an exclusive. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2014, 11:01 AM

Aye that's it. Nothing to do with the fact that I like to see a certain element of responsibility and professionalism.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Well this just goes to show you know nothing about him and are not ITK as this is something he would never do

I admit I only get the goss 2nd hand - I dont get it directly. I do get it fairly regularly though.

I should've said got and used to.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
it's like Punch and Judy when it comes to an ITK comment, I actually thought yous were the same person.

Who says we're not?

J-C
12-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Aye that's it. Nothing to do with the fact that I like to see a certain element of responsibility and professionalism.

But you just keep harping on and on and on about it, did someone once tell you something that turned out to be drivel and you've since detested everyone with any wee morsel of gossip, you seem a very agigated and angry man at times, a wee chill is maybe needed. :greengrin

Kato
12-08-2014, 11:06 AM

So many people on here don't even understand what "responsibility and professionalism" means, but prefer to think those who would like Hibs to go about their business on the quiet are somehow "jealous" of their info. Ego getting in the way.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2014, 11:06 AM
But you just keep harping on and on and on about it, did someone once tell you something that turned out to be drivel and you've since detested everyone with any wee morsel of gossip, you seem a very agigated and angry man at times, a wee chill is maybe needed. :greengrin

No - someone on more than one occasion told me something that was true and I thought why on earth does he know and why is he telling others!

J-C
12-08-2014, 11:23 AM
No - someone on more than one occasion told me something that was true and I thought why on earth does he know and why is he telling others!

In any large business, people working there will always gossip/ let things slip etc it's always that way and it'll be no different at many other clubs up and down the country. Is it wrong? personally I see nothing untowards when we get little snippets of the goings on at ER, maybe if Hibs had been more open with the supporters it might not happen. We all heard stories coming out of EM about TB and MM bullying and making the lives of the players miserable, yet some on here kept saying why is this getting out?? Maybe due to the extreme relationship the players and management were having, certain players thought the outside world needed to know what was happening and it came about that all those eo called rumours were actually spot on and indeed there was bullying and gross mismanagemant at Hibs. come a new manager who knows how to man manage, not a peep from EM, in fact we have a harmonious squad, enjoying training and are now playing some decent football, notice how the rumours have all dried up?

Also not all ITK people get their wee bits and pieces from players, there's agents and the press to take into consideration when gossip happens but your comments re James McDonaugh were bang out of order as you know nothing of the man.

Beefster
12-08-2014, 11:44 AM

Too much information. This is a family board.

bawheid
12-08-2014, 12:19 PM

Who says we're not?

Hello me. Maybe we just share the same disdain for blabbermouths leaking sensitive information about the club left, right and centre?

Absolutely TQM - only experienced and validated ITKers like yourself can be relied upon for accurate information.

Errrrrr..... :hide: :greengrin:wink:

IWasThere2016
12-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Absolutely TQM - only experienced and validated ITKers like yourself can be relied upon for accurate information.

Errrrrr..... :hide: :greengrin:wink:

Well I did question it repeatedly, and there's been no case for the defence :wink: Similarly, the Dean Brill (sorry Mr Cat I think) is done and dusted .. all nonsense I'm afraid.

brog
12-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Also not all ITK people get their wee bits and pieces from players, there's agents and the press to take into consideration when gossip happens but your comments re James McDonaugh were bang out of order as you know nothing of the man.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, I posted a couple of comments re J McD. I have never met or even spoken with James so my (accurate) info neither came from him or from anyone at the club. I'm afraid in the social media age however its extremely difficult to keep anything 100% secret which is why I was so impressed with the Scott Allan signing. Hopefully there's more nice surprises out there.

Iggy Pope
12-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh goodness, keep this tae yersel, if this thread gets out on the PM board there will be carnage, absolute carnage on there....oops...... hang on, hang on Isa hen.......

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Oh goodness, keep this tae yersel, if this thread gets out on the PM board there will be carnage, absolute carnage on there....oops...... hang on, hang on Isa hen.......

Winston Ingram
14-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Great article in the EEN

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-mcdonaugh-a-wrench-to-leave-hibs-but-it-s-the-right-move-1-3507792

James McDonaugh was born into “a massive Hibs family” and still recalls proudly how, as a boy, he was determined not to let ex-Hearts owner Wallace Mercer get his hands on the shares his aunt had bought him for his birthday.

Entrenched in all things green and white, it was with a heavy heart that the highly-regarded 36-year-old head of academy coaching called time on seven years as a full-time employee at Easter Road to become Peter Houston’s first-team coach at Championship rivals Falkirk.

“I was emotional when I left,” explained McDonaugh, who said his farewells at the weekend win over Livingston. “I was jumping about on Saturday, but at the same time, sad to be leaving.

“It’s one of the hardest things I’ve had to do, but it just seems right. It was always going to be hard leaving Hibs because they’re such a big club and they’re the team I support, but sometimes a new opportunity comes up and you just need to move on and give it a bash.

“I had an amazing time there and don’t have a bad word to say about anyone at the club, but I felt this was an opportunity I had to take at this time in my career. It’s very exciting. [Former Hibs player/coach] Alan Maybury was very influential in setting it up for me. He recommended me highly and put Peter in touch with me so I’ve got a lot to thank him for. Peter is manager and I’m first-team coach, with Alan playing and doing a bit of coaching.

“Effectively, I’ll be Peter’s No.2 and will be taking the training. That was a big selling point for me. A couple of years ago I’d have maybe been a bit apprehensive about taking on a role like this, but I’ve had a bit experience working with the first team under Pat Fenlon and Terry Butcher over the last couple of years and I’ve been working closely with senior players like Kevin Thomson and James McPake, so I’ve been exposed to that side of things. Having said that, it’s a really young first team at Falkirk, so it’s a good fit at a good time for me. Falkirk might not be as big a club as Hibs, but in terms of the coaching, I view it as a promotion.”

Rumours surfaced a few weeks ago that McDonaugh’s position might be under threat as new chief executive Leeann Dempster led a major overhaul of Hibs’ academy. McDonaugh, who recently moved his family from West Lothian to East Lothian in order to be closer to the training ground at East Mains, is keen to play down any notion that he was forced out of the club he loves and instead endorsed the restructuring currently being undertaken.

“There was definitely a chance to remain at Hibs,” he said. “There was still a job for me. They were restructuring, but it was my decision to go. I never took any redundancy money or anything like that. The chance just came along and it seemed like the right time to move on. They’re getting the right people in and putting a great structure in place and it’s exciting for Hibs. There’s still a lot of work to be done, but it will get better and better.”

McDonaugh had a desire to make his way in coaching from the moment it became clear that a career as a part-time player with Alloa, Berwick, Whitehill and Spartans wasn’t going to take him to the top level of the game.

Having combined his full-time job at Lloyds Finance with some part-time coaching at Hibs in his 20s, he jumped at the chance to return to Easter Road in a full-time capacity in 2007 after a brief stint as a youth coach at Gretna. Seven years down the line, and with the likes of Alex Harris, Sam Stanton and Danny Handling having been nurtured from childhood into prominent first-team players, McDonaugh is entitled to reflect on a job well done.

“I feel like I was really successful,” he said of his time at Hibs. “I came back to the club in 2007 as grass-roots co-ordinator, overseeing the 12s and down and taking the Under-17s, while assisting Alastair Stevenson with the Under-19s.

“I worked my way up and ended up taking the 19s and 20s. There was a lot of hard work and I helped put a lot of structure in place that wasn’t there before. In addition to developing players, my teams always competed well on the pitch. In the four years I was in charge of the 19s and 20s, we finished fifth in the first season and then third three years in a row. We also beat Celtic four times in a row, which is incredible, and we won the East of Scotland League. At that level, where you finish in the league is not the most important thing – it’s about getting players into the first team.

“Seeing Jordon Forster, Danny Handling, Sam Stanton, Alex Harris and Jason Cummings becoming fixtures in the first team and adding value to it has been really encouraging. They’re all different players but they’ve all got the attributes to do really well for the club and then possibly progress. They’ve had a lot to put up with at Hibs with the regular change of managers and things like that and I can’t speak highly enough of them. From what I’ve seen so far, Alan Stubbs will be a perfect fit for them.”

A particular highlight of McDonaugh’s time at Hibs was seeing an 18-year-old Alex Harris summon the strength of character to force his way into the side and star in the 2013 Scottish Cup final less than a year after the sudden death of his father, Kenny. “Alex came in in the summer two years ago ready to be part of the 20s squad, then lost his dad right at the start of pre-season. You’re there for boys like that away from football matters as well, so to see him, in the same season, break into the first team and then light up a Scottish Cup semi-final and turn the game around and then play in the final, meant so much to me.”

The lowest point came last winter when McDonaugh had to hold things together after 18-year-old academy prospect David Paul died in his sleep just before Christmas. “That was a horrendous time,” said McDonaugh. “Unless you’ve been in that position, I don’t think anyone can realise how much something like that hits you. You’ve got so many young boys to help pull through. It’s definitely the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with in football. I remember at the time wondering how we’d ever win a game of football again, but we found the strength from somewhere.”

itslegaltender
14-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Worked with James at Lloyds and know him to be a good man. An absolute diehard Hibee and hopefully this article now puts any rumours about his leaving to bed. Guy is a class act, good luck to him, just not against us. :wink: