PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Unseen work
01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Really looking foward to him this season. Can see him being a massive and important player for us. He has all the attributes you want in your young striker, all the ability to score from anywhere and can beat players with ease, he's quick strong and cocky too.

Really think he will score a ton this season

bingo70
01-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Hope you're right, he was certainly very good on the first leg at Hamilton.

As you say he looked to have all the attributes you need in that game.

Probably worth remembering he wasn't overly impressive in many other games though.

He's obviously still young and now he's got a bit more confidence I hope he makes a real impact thus season, we need to manage our expectations though imo

Smartie
01-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Hope you're right, he was certainly very good on the first leg at Hamilton.

As you say he looked to have all the attributes you need in that game.

Probably worth remembering he wasn't overly impressive in many other games though.

He's obviously still young and now he's got a bit more confidence I hope he makes a real impact thus season, we need to manage our expectations though imo

I thought he was quite impressive in some of the other games. The wee run before Christmas when he was playing up front with Collins when he first got into the team was as potent as we looked going forward all last season and I thought we looked poorer when he wasn't in the team.

Last year was a harsh year to judge any striker on because the service to the strikers was so poor.

I agree with the OP, would love to see more of him this season.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Really looking foward to him this season. Can see him being a massive and important player for us. He has all the attributes you want in your young striker, all the ability to score from anywhere and can beat players with ease, he's quick strong and cocky too.

Really think he will score a ton this season

I agree, will be Hibs top scorer this season

MyJo
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I thought he was quite impressive in some of the other games. The wee run before Christmas when he was playing up front with Collins when he first got into the team was as potent as we looked going forward all last season and I thought we looked poorer when he wasn't in the team.

Last year was a harsh year to judge any striker on because the service to the strikers was so poor.

I agree with the OP, would love to see more of him this season.

I was impressed with Cummings in the games he got towards the end of the season, he held the ball up well and played some decent football in a miserable team he just didnt get much opportunity in front of goal thanks to the tactics we were using.

He done far better than James Collins did for the last quarter of the season anyway.

Unseen work
01-08-2014, 08:27 PM
i actually thought he did do well before the hamilton game he just hadnt scored yet.

The main thing i like about him is his cockiness/arrogance, the type that it doesnt matter if he missed a chance or made a mistake, he will keep trying what he normally does.

Forza Fred
02-08-2014, 12:24 AM
See this as his make or break season.

It's the ideal division for a developing pro to make a name for himself, and go on to better things.

The down side is if nothing more than mediocre in this division, the spiral is likely to be downwards

I'm not yet convinced about Jason's ability, so I guess this is his chance to show me, and others.

Just_Jimmy
02-08-2014, 01:48 AM
He has a lot to prove. Looked amazing for the EOS team. Looked like a fish out of water at times for the first team. Looks to have ability but yet to show it at any consitantly high level. So far he can run about and nip heels.

Hibeesmad
02-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Is there anyone who thinks that if he never scored those 2 goals against Hamilton he would have been out the door by now

HoboHarry
02-08-2014, 02:38 AM
Is there anyone who thinks that if he never scored those 2 goals against Hamilton he would have been out the door by now
No-one with a brain in their head.

Hibeesmad
02-08-2014, 02:40 AM

Hahaha, I think he has great potential and I'm glad we haven't just let him go to Swansea for a small fee. He reminds me of Leigh Griffiths in some ways but he has a long but hopefully short way from being as good and clinical as him

HH81
02-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Is he still injuired?

leither17
02-08-2014, 07:20 AM

Swansea wouldn't have been after him for just 2 goals

Heisenberg
02-08-2014, 07:22 AM
He certainly has the potential. Just needs the right guidance both on and off the pitch to fulfil it. Hopefully Stubbs is the manager to give him that.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Fred with due respect the boy has just turned 20. I really wonder if we end up with the team we deserve?

Let youth flourish FFS they'll make mistakes along the way. Our impatience in general is understandable - not with youth though. If that's to persist that will be our next downfall from which it would become increasingly difficult.

Turkish Green
02-08-2014, 08:27 AM
The boy has just turned 20. I really wonder if we end up with the team we deserve?

Jason turned 19 yesterday. I hope AS can nurture his potential.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Jason turned 19 yesterday. I hope AS can nurture his potential.

There you go!

hfc-1875
02-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Is he really that good though? If he hadn't scored 2 against hamilton we would probably all be saying he isn't good enough. Other than that he's not done much. He has potential to be decent so I hope he proves me wrong.

lord bunberry
02-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Anyone who came in and looked good under that absolute clown of a manager has a real chance of doing well this season. If we can get Cummings, Stanton and Harris playing well it's likely to be better than any signings we can afford to make.

Weststandwanab
02-08-2014, 09:49 AM

Are you on mind bending drugs ?

If not maybe you should consider it

Forza Fred
02-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Fred with due respect the boy has just turned 20. I really wonder if we end up with the team we deserve?

Let youth flourish FFS they'll make mistakes along the way. Our impatience in general is understandable - not with youth though. If that's to persist that will be our next downfall from which it would become increasingly difficult.

Not sure there is anything in conflict in our posts.

Plenty of other players have been let go around Jason's age.

He has the chance to prove his worth this coming season.

Hopefully he does, and convince sceptics like me that he is capable of playing at an even higher level, and I'll be his biggest fan.

lord bunberry
02-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Not sure there is anything in conflict in our posts.

Plenty of other players have been let go around Jason's age.

He has the chance to prove his worth this coming season.

Hopefully he does, and convince sceptics like me that he is capable of playing at an even higher level, and I'll be his biggest fan.

It wasn't the Hamilton game that convinced me, it was the Hearts game at Easter Road towards the end of the season, he looked very good that day.

GreenOnions
02-08-2014, 10:45 AM

It wasn't just the fact that he scored. It was the quality of the goals and the fact that they were completely different types of strike.

yankyhibby
02-08-2014, 10:54 AM
The potential is there. If the application and determination is there, the consistency will come -along with a regular tally of goals. I remain hopeful that he will not become one of those youngsters who thinks he has arrived!

buktapurple79
02-08-2014, 11:35 AM
I've punted £50 on him for league top scorer at 20/1 with ScotBet. Alan will get the best out of him - he's got the skill to go with a positive mindset and is fast and strong.El Alagui will do very well in this league but I think Jase will feed well off his service.

Brightside
02-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Another thread that just makes me shake my head. If this boy was playing for Hearts they would be raving about him and the same posters on here would be complaining that we don't have anyone as good as him. Im thinking half our fans have munchausen syndrome.

IanM
02-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Jason is a prime example of how your fortunes can change in the game. Left in the ditch by Hearts, spent some time working away from the game, doesn't give up, signs for hibs, scores 2 important goals (at the time) and next thing an English premiership side table an offer for him.

Some will say he's done nothing to deserve a shot at the EPL but sometimes it's not just your goals scored that gets you there, it's your desire, determination and attitude that'll count for more

And well done him for staying at Hibs to develop his game, maybe the next time an EPL side comes in for him he'll offer them more than he probably could just now..

hibsbollah
02-08-2014, 11:59 AM
If he doesn't score against the Huns I will quite literally eat my hat:agree:

SanFranHibs
02-08-2014, 12:03 PM

So I have a choice :wink:

I thought that sometimes even when it looked as if he was not doing a lot it was misleading because we only focussed on the end product and by that I mean, there were quite a few times he got the ball controlled it, held it, then looked to make the pass and as there was no option because he had no support he then tried to do too much and then looked as if he had messed it up.

Not saying that was the case all the time but he is definitely worth another year under a new coach and I am hopeful he can score a fair amount of goals.

DH1875
02-08-2014, 12:45 PM
If he doesn't score against the Huns I will quite literally eat my hat:agree:

Is he not injured? Cant see him playing on Tuesday.

B.H.F.C
02-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Another thread that just makes me shake my head. If this boy was playing for Hearts they would be raving about him and the same posters on here would be complaining that we don't have anyone as good as him. Im thinking half our fans have munchausen syndrome.

Nobody would rave about a young striker that's scored two senior goals in 20 odd games.

I think Cummings could do well for us this year. I see something in him compared to the likes of Handling. But it's just potential at the moment and I certainly wouldn't want to put all my hopes in him for a season such as this. To say everybody on here would be raving about him if he played for them is just wrong. Does everybody on here rave about Dale Carrick who scored a few for them towards the end of the season? No.

lord bunberry
02-08-2014, 03:25 PM

If he was playing for hearts there would be a thread on here raving about him :wink:

hibsbollah
02-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Is he not injured? Cant see him playing on Tuesday.

Its one of those hats made of tacos that you dip in your guacamole. ..so its not the end of the world if I'm wrong :agree:

Forza Fred
03-08-2014, 06:01 AM

Shake your head by all means , that is your undeniable right

Similarly though, it is also the right of myself and others to express a more cautious view.

If I shook my head every time someone had expressed a different opinion to the one I held and had expressed on this forum, I fear I would be in the local hospital neurological ward!

H18Y GW
04-08-2014, 05:43 AM
If he was playing for hearts there would be a thread on here raving about him :wink:

He was at Hearts and they arent calling him the one that got away,decent player, but the league wiĺl be full of them,make or break time

Weststandwanab
04-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Thankfully he is not playing for them.

Turkish Green
04-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Nobody would rave about a young striker that's scored two senior goals in 20 odd games.

I think Cummings could do well for us this year. I see something in him compared to the likes of Handling. But it's just potential at the moment and I certainly wouldn't want to put all my hopes in him for a season such as this. To say everybody on here would be raving about him if he played for them is just wrong. Does everybody on here rave about Dale Carrick who scored a few for them towards the end of the season? No.

As I have mentioned previously I have a biased opinion about Jason Cummings as I watched all his games for Hutchie Vale at U19 and some of his games for Hibs EOS. I believe he is a super young player with bags of potential and the only reason he has only 2 senior goals last season was the poor support in a poor Hibs team. He has only just turned 19 and would benefit from nurturing and from playing off an experienced target man.

He did suffer from lack of confidence when he first left Hearts and I would hate for him to lose his confidence again due to what happened in the 2nd Hamilton play-off game and also due to him being injured yet again.

The fact that Swansea are interested in Jason shows he has potential.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2014, 08:17 AM
As I have mentioned previously I have a biased opinion about Jason Cummings as I watched all his games for Hutchie Vale at U19 and some of his games for Hibs EOS. I believe he is a super young player with bags of potential and the only reason he has only 2 senior goals last season was the poor support in a poor Hibs team. He has only just turned 19 and would benefit from nurturing and from playing off an experienced target man.

He did suffer from lack of confidence when he first left Hearts and I would hate for him to lose his confidence again due to what happened in the 2nd Hamilton play-off game and also due to him being injured yet again.

The fact that Swansea are interested in Jason shows he has potential.

He has the potential and the way he took his goals against Hamilton suggest he has ability skill and confidence that he can perform in this league .But we are back to the questions of do we have midfield creativity and pace out wide to create the chances for our strikers .So with reports that Sevco have a dodgy defence ,we would expect to be scoring against them tomorrow night and am looking forward to seeing how we take the game to them

lord bunberry
04-08-2014, 08:59 AM
He was at Hearts and they arent calling him the one that got away,decent player, but the league wiĺl be full of them,make or break time

They tried to re-sign him, but he told them to gtf. Good lad