PDA

View Full Version : The Takeover Megathread (David Low Bid Rejected)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Glorious St Pat
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Was speaking to the brother of a well connected and reputed football agent (he has own business and many EPL players on his books) and the word going round was that the take-over was all but done and dusted. Kano was to be the new chairman and investing his own money into the club plus other financial backers - the name Bill? came up. The talks with Farmer are well advanced apparently.

Thoughts?

Gordy M
01-08-2014, 06:15 PM
So no fan takeover or purchase of shares then?

Sergey
01-08-2014, 06:15 PM
You're exactly 4 months too late with this - as that's when April 1st fell.

Golden Bear
01-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Was speaking to the brother of a well connected and reputed football agent (he has own business and many EPL players on his books) and the word going round was that the take-over was all but done and dusted. Kano was to be the new chairman and investing his own money into the club plus other financial backers - the name Bill? came up. The talks with Farmer are well advanced apparently.

Thoughts?

I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking.

Brightside
01-08-2014, 06:50 PM

Thoughts?

Hahaha Kano chairman...own money... this stuff is brilliant.

Keith_M
01-08-2014, 06:53 PM

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you're on a Fishing Trip but haven't yet caught anybody.

TRC
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Please step away from the crack pipe. Hugs not drugs

MSK
01-08-2014, 06:56 PM

Thoughts?What money does Kano have at his disposal..?...Im not talking about his generic bank accounts, but he "runs/manages" a couple of local pubs for Punch or whomever .. apologies if I am wrong & he has millions stashed away but I seriously have my doubts about what you have just posted ..

Ferry Hibbee
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Sure I saw Kano sitting outside Starbucks about 9:15 this morning. Whoever this gentleman was in discussion with, they giving it plenty discussion with lots of arm moving . If it was Kano I,ve no idea who the other was but it was not STF.

AlbertK86
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
What money does Kano have at his disposal..?...Im not talking about his generic bank accounts, but he "runs/manages" a couple of local pubs for Punch or whomever .. apologies if I am wrong & he has millions stashed away but I seriously have my doubts about what you have just posted ..

Owns a substantial amount of properties around Edinburgh seemingly but still can't see him being the chairman... Place on the board of a new regime perhaps

InterviewLoI
01-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Thoughts?

Will he get us Ronaldinho, Hope, Duffy and Griffiths? If not its a no from me

down-the-slope
01-08-2014, 07:03 PM
its a bit early to be this bevvied is it not :rolleyes:

bingo70
01-08-2014, 07:12 PM
What money does Kano have at his disposal..?...Im not talking about his generic bank accounts, but he "runs/manages" a couple of local pubs for Punch or whomever .. apologies if I am wrong & he has millions stashed away but I seriously have my doubts about what you have just posted ..

There's no mention of how much he's investing. It could be the other guys he's in with are investing the big money but kanes investing what he can, might be significant amounts but it might not.

We're currently owned by a multi millionaire who doesn't spend anything or care how we do, this is how we ended up in the 1st division, if we were to be taken over by someone with no money we'd be no worse off as we'd still only spend what we brought in.

Keith_M
01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
This Kano guy is amazing, he's even started his own Computer Range for Kids (http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/features/kano-simple-as-lego-powered-by-pi)

:greengrin

MSK
01-08-2014, 07:24 PM
There's no mention of how much he's investing. It could be the other guys he's in with are investing the big money but kanes investing what he can, might be significant amounts but it might not.

We're currently owned by a multi millionaire who doesn't spend anything or care how we do, this is how we ended up in the 1st division, if we were to be taken over by someone with no money we'd be no worse off as we'd still only spend what we brought in.Do Duff & Gray not set alarm bells off ..? ..I don't doubt Kano nor his intentions for the club, I know nothing of the "money men" either but one thing that concerns me is the OP ...all quiet for a while then comes on with the big spoon ...:hmmm:

**** stirrer ..:agree:

bingo70
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Do Duff & Gray not set alarm bells off ..? ..I don't doubt Kano nor his intentions for the club, I know nothing of the "money men" either but one thing that concerns me is the OP ...all quiet for a while then comes on with the big spoon ...:hmmm:

Maybe, Maybe not, don't know the person so I've no reason to doubt them. Probably more likely they heard a pish rumour, there's plenty going round.

If it is a wind up its a pretty pish one.

timewilltell
01-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Thoughts?

What absolute garbage is posted on here sometimes!!!

Are you really for real?

What sort of people believe this nonsense that they post it?

Get a life.......

Ozyhibby
01-08-2014, 07:29 PM
No idea how loaded Paul Kane is but his house is a fair size pile.

sidjames
01-08-2014, 08:09 PM
No idea how loaded Paul Kane is but his house is a fair size pile.

Is it bigger than 260 m2 ? And does it have an automatic gate!! Just asking like.

down-the-slope
01-08-2014, 08:13 PM

We're currently owned by a multi millionaire who doesn't spend anything or care how we do, this is how we ended up in the 1st division, if we were to be taken over by someone with no money we'd be no worse off as we'd still only spend what we brought in.

:confused: we would be totally in the brown smelly stuff......do you really think the bank would accept transfer of the sizeable mortgages without Sir Tom's guarantee on those

CropleyWasGod
01-08-2014, 08:20 PM
:confused: we would be totally in the brown smelly stuff......do you really think the bank would accept transfer of the sizeable mortgages without Sir Tom's guarantee on those

Are they guaranteed by him?

The accounts say that they are secured, but not how.

down-the-slope
01-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Are they guaranteed by him?

The accounts say that they are secured, but not how.

:agree:

Jones28
01-08-2014, 09:25 PM

Probably came from Kanos pub :greengrin

johnbc70
01-08-2014, 09:29 PM
He used to own a flat in Morningside Road in the 90's he rented out as it was in my block. Think he also owned a few others.

A jambo friend I bumped into has some connections to an ex chairman and he dropped a few hints big changes were being planned behind the scenes at Hibs.

Weststandwanab
01-08-2014, 09:34 PM

Thoughts?

How much as the bill ?

You're exactly 4 months too late with this - as that's when April 1st fell.

Naw 8 months too early

or 5cl

Sure I saw Kano sitting outside Starbucks about 9:15 this morning. Whoever this gentleman was in discussion with, they giving it plenty discussion with lots of arm moving . If it was Kano I,ve no idea who the other was but it was not STF.

That was me !

Do Duff & Gray not set alarm bells off ..? ..I don't doubt Kano nor his intentions for the club, I know nothing of the "money men" either but one thing that concerns me is the OP ...all quiet for a while then comes on with the big spoon ...:hmmm:

I am Spartacus

MSK
01-08-2014, 09:43 PM
How much as the bill ?

Naw 8 months too early

or 5cl

That was me !

I am SpartacusThe thread is silly enough without you adding to it ...

Time For Heroes
01-08-2014, 11:47 PM
How much as the bill ?

Naw 8 months too early

or 5cl

That was me !

I am Spartacus

Your worse than the OP.
worst banter ever haha

Steven_Hibs
02-08-2014, 12:14 AM
What absolute garbage is posted on here sometimes!!!

Are you really for real?

What sort of people believe this nonsense that they post it?

Get a life.......

Disgraceful post. He's obviously for real, otherwise why bother posting it. I heard the same story a week or so ago, so there's definitely something in it.

chrisski33
02-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Disgraceful post. He's obviously for real, otherwise why bother posting it. I heard the same story a week or so ago, so there's definitely something in it.

nope it is aload of xrap. so u heard same story a week ago? doesnt make it real or something in it. gossip thats all it is. no way kane will ever be chairman at hibs and thats fact!

WestCoastHibby
02-08-2014, 01:24 AM
I cant believe the amount of single fish I read on this site. If Paul Kane is doing ok for himself , great; but I suspect he isn't in the filthy rich category. Basically if he is any kind of business man he wont be investing in any football club anytime soon I imagine.
If there as one iota of truth here some wee fanny from the media would be " exclusively revealing "as we speak.

Hibeesmad
02-08-2014, 02:47 AM
Tbh If Paul Kane wants to put some of his own money to help the club then I respect that decision and appreciate it. Whatever he does that is beneficial to the club is enough for me

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2014, 03:37 AM
If there's a takeover bid and Kano is involved, he won't be putting up the money. I'm not privy to his personal finances, but there's nothing to suggest (bar a secret lotto win) that he has the cash to buy a football club. But in terms of passion for the club, and the ability to get people onside for the cause, he has few equals, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was the figurehead for some consortium of businessmen and private investors.

Beefster
02-08-2014, 06:54 AM

I've heard from a fair number of folk, over a good number of years, that the moon landings were faked. Doesn't mean that there's anything in it.

Kane becoming chairman would be akin to Medals McKay becoming the Hearts chairman IMHO.

Onceinawhile
02-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Paul Kane does not have the money to buy hibs. But that's not what the op said in his defence.

Jack
02-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Paul Kane is heading up a group, or consortium. He doesn't personally need all the money to buy the club just enough to convince his backers he's not mucking them about.

I've not heard anything.

emerald green
02-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Jeeeeez. :faf::faf:

Brightside
02-08-2014, 11:36 AM

Its rubbish - complete and utter rubbish. If Paul Kane had money he wouldn't be renting pubs he'd be owning them and making proper money.

Kaiser1962
02-08-2014, 11:39 AM
If there's a takeover bid and Kano is involved, he won't be putting up the money. I'm not privy to his personal finances, but there's nothing to suggest (bar a secret lotto win) that he has the cash to buy a football club. But in terms of passion for the club, and the ability to get people onside for the cause, he has few equals, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was the figurehead for some consortium of businessmen and private investors.

The cash to buy a football club is only a small part of it, running the club is what costs.

hibIBZ
02-08-2014, 11:44 AM
He used to own a flat in Morningside Road in the 90's he rented out as it was in my block. Think he also owned a few others.

A jambo friend I bumped into has some connections to an ex chairman and he dropped a few hints big changes were being planned behind the scenes at Hibs.

I have heard this as well and that petrie's shares are causing a problem. I have also heard Paul Kane being described as "a very wealthy man" by somebody very well connected

Golden Bear
02-08-2014, 11:47 AM
It all depends how gullible you are I suppose.

brog
02-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I have no idea re Paul's personal wealth. I do know he's a Hibs fanatic who will do anything possible to improve the lot of the club we all love. For that he gets abuse from people on here. I despair. FWIW I think DBS' post may be on the money.

s.a.m
02-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I have no idea re Paul's personal wealth. I do know he's a Hibs fanatic who will do anything possible to improve the lot of the club we all love. For that he gets abuse from people on here. I despair. FWIW I think DBS' post may be on the money.

To be fair, though, there are lots of us on here who are Hibs fanatics who are very keen to see the club improved. If I were to mount a takeover bid for Hibs, you and everyone else would (and should!) be keen to know if I, and any associates in the deal, have the skills, experience, expertise and financial means to make a success of running the club, and to keep our lenders onside. It would be foolish of you to support my bid on the basis of my affection for my club, and you would be right to ask questions.

I agree with you that any personal abuse is disrespectful, but I think people are right to be asking questions while we don't have information on which to base support for what he's doing, or otherwise. The wealth of whoever (whether it's Kano or someone else) is funding the bid is directly relevant to the likely success of the project.

Edit: you absolutely don't want me running the club, and if I ever put in a takeover bid, waste no time in organising a protest.:protest::greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2014, 02:33 PM

I often find it hard to believe how supposed Hibs fans feel the need to treat somebody who is both a dedicated, fanatical supporter, and a distinguished former player of the club, as if he's Gary MacKay.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I often find it hard to believe how supposed Hibs fans feel the need to treat somebody who is both a dedicated, fanatical supporter, and a distinguished former player of the club, as if he's Gary MacKay.

Very much this, well said DBS, some of the vitriol aimed in his direction is difficult to fathom, whether he has enough personal wealth or not.

down-the-slope
02-08-2014, 02:40 PM
To be fair, though, there are lots of us on here who are Hibs fanatics who are very keen to see the club improved. If I were to mount a takeover bid for Hibs, you and everyone else would (and should!) be keen to know if I, and any associates in the deal, have the skills, experience, expertise and financial means to make a success of running the club, and to keep our lenders onside. It would be foolish of you to support my bid on the basis of my affection for my club, and you would be right to ask questions.

I agree with you that any personal abuse is disrespectful, but I think people are right to be asking questions while we don't have information on which to base support for what he's doing, or otherwise. The wealth of whoever (whether it's Kano or someone else) is funding the bid is directly relevant to the likely success of the project.

Edit: you absolutely don't want me running the club, and if I ever put in a takeover bid, waste no time in organising a protest.:protest::greengrin

:agree: good post

jdships
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
He , at best , would simply be a figurehead for some consortium of businessmen and private investors nothing more nothing less.
As the saying goes " be careful what you wish for " :greengrin

emerald green
02-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Just for clarity, and for the avoidance of any doubt, my earlier post was not meant as personal abuse aimed at Paul Kane.

I just find the statement in the OP, right out of the blue, that "the take-over was all but done and dusted" completely unbelievable and ridiculous. It seems every now and then someone posts something like this about an impending takeover of Hibernian Football Club. Then nothing!

Pray4Marc
02-08-2014, 03:25 PM

Thoughts?

Kano as chairman?. Have you recently broken out of an asylum?.

Kaiser1962
02-08-2014, 04:07 PM
He , at best , would simply be a figurehead for some consortium of businessmen and private investors nothing more nothing less.
As the saying goes " be careful what you wish for " :greengrin

If the consortium and/or investors have Hibs best interests at heart, and can afford (even willing) to lose their money, then they would be welcome. If, on the other hand, they need a return on their "investment" or their priority is to make money then they should be told thanks but no thanks.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2014, 04:32 PM

Most sensible post on the thread by a distance.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2014, 04:47 PM
If STF thought they were a bunch of charlatans he would've already told them to bolt, not ask for a confideniality agreement to be put in place.

down-the-slope
02-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Most sensible post on the thread by a distance.

it is.....but if wasn't a long list to choose from :hilarious

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2014, 05:41 PM
He said on off the ball a few weeks ago that he was going to invest his own money. He said a five figure sum.

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Its the return of the drunkard and crackhead according to some on here. I have heard two similar stories - one from a close relative of Kano's and now another former Don and football agent that Kano would be the figurehead for a takeover. The agent also believed that Kano would be investing himself but the bulk of the investment was from a consortium of like minded others plus input from a fan ownership. Kano also apparently had to return home early from a family holiday to attend a very important meeting about the plans with the response being "ya dancer". Could mean anything though.

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Kano as chairman?. Have you recently broken out of an asylum?.

Apart from living with a mad woman and two barns - no. Only passing on information that was relayed to me from an agents dinner get together.

MSK
02-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Its the return of the drunkard and crackhead according to some on here. I have heard two similar stories - one from a close relative of Kano's and now another former Don and football agent that Kano would be the figurehead for a takeover. The agent also believed that Kano would be investing himself but the bulk of the investment was from a consortium of like minded others plus input from a fan ownership. Kano also apparently had to return home early from a family holiday to attend a very important meeting about the plans with the response being "ya dancer". Could mean anything though.Have you been asked to post this "info" on here ..or are you just taking a chance & "putting it out there" to stoke the flames ..?

Please answer this & don't **** off like you did last night ..:aok:

MSK
02-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Apart from living with a mad woman and two barns - no. Only passing on information that was relayed to me from an agents dinner get together.Mmmm...so yer a Farmer ...very clever play on words ..:hmmm:

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Have you been asked to post this "info" on here ..or are you just taking a chance & "putting it out there" to stoke the flames ..?

Please answer this & don't **** off like you did last night ..:aok:

I have not been asked to post such information but it is information that I deemed to be newsworthy. And sorry that I did bugger off last night but had to deal with the two screaming bairns.

MSK
02-08-2014, 06:26 PM
I have not been asked to post such information but it is information that I deemed to be newsworthy. And sorry that I did bugger off last night but had to deal with the two screaming bairns.What position do you hold in that you are privy to info ..are you part of said group or are you friends of the "consortium" ..?

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 06:32 PM
What position do you hold in that you are privy to info ..are you part of said group or are you friends of the "consortium" ..?

Not part of any group or friends with the consortium merely that I know and trust the two sources who gave me the information. For what it's worth, the secrecy is not really helping matters and merely fuelling further rumours and speculation (and personal attacks on posters like me!). IMO, if Kano was to lay out his plans fully, especially the fan based ownership part, then us Hibbies would be greater informed to make a judgement as to whether to back it. I do want change to happen within the club as I feel the changes put in place by Dempster are not far enough. This is my opinion.

bighairyfaeleith
02-08-2014, 06:37 PM
I was told there are two consortium's and kanos is indeed one. However the other has far more serious business men in it and STF is looking more likely to sell to them. I have no idea if this is true or who is involved. I hope whatever happens it is for the good of the club though, consortium's worry me and I would like to know what they are all about before they buy the club and not afterwards.

I'm not in the know and the above could well be pish, but it's what I heard.

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I was told there are two consortium's and kanos is indeed one. However the other has far more serious business men in it and STF is looking more likely to sell to them. I have no idea if this is true or who is involved. I hope whatever happens it is for the good of the club though, consortium's worry me and I would like to know what they are all about before they buy the club and not afterwards.

I'm not in the know and the above could well be pish, but it's what I heard.

Thats interesting if true. The agent I got info from mentioned a 'Bill' as one of the main investors - couldn't remember the surname. Others involved were meant to be Edinburgh/leith based Asian Hibbies.

Leith Green
02-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Thats interesting if true. The agent I got info from mentioned a 'Bill' as one of the main investors - couldn't remember the surname. Others involved were meant to be Edinburgh/leith based Asian Hibbies.

Billy connolly?

Jonnyboy
02-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Not part of any group or friends with the consortium merely that I know and trust the two sources who gave me the information. For what it's worth, the secrecy is not really helping matters and merely fuelling further rumours and speculation (and personal attacks on posters like me!). IMO, if Kano was to lay out his plans fully, especially the fan based ownership part, then us Hibbies would be greater informed to make a judgement as to whether to back it. I do want change to happen within the club as I feel the changes put in place by Dempster are not far enough. This is my opinion.

Not really secret when it's posted on here :wink:

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Not really secret when it's posted on here :wink:

True...love your dry wit humour John. I enjoyed working with you at Ross High.

Jonnyboy
02-08-2014, 08:00 PM
True...love your dry wit humour John. I enjoyed working with you at Ross High.

Scary as I've no idea who you are :greengrin Pupil or staff?

bighairyfaeleith
02-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Scary as I've no idea who you are :greengrin Pupil or staff?
Did you ever feel you where being followed?

Jonnyboy
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Did you ever feel you where being followed?

Just recently, aye :greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I know who it is now :wink:

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
I know who it is now :wink:

Cheers John hope all is well. Just bumped into a St Pats member and the Hibbie connections were scary. As a school teacher, would like to think I am no bull****ter - mind you other former pupils might say otherwise!

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 10:23 PM
John

Just been asked to get involved in the working together group as part of Dempsters revolution to spread the Hibbie gospel in our schools. Not before time I say. The meeting is 1.30 before the livi game.

FranckSuzy
02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
John

Just been asked to get involved in the working together group as part of Dempsters revolution to spread the Hibbie gospel in our schools. Not before time I say. The meeting is 1.30 before the livi game.

Hiya, just wondering who set this up? I've never heard anything about it and I'm meant to be involved....:confused:

Ronniekirk
02-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Hiya, just wondering who set this up? I've never heard anything about it and I'm meant to be involved....:confused:

Dinnae fret Suzy plenty time yet to get an invite ,and well done for all that work you put in raising the profile of leith links .nearly persuaded my son to by one but he has decided to go travelling to New Zealand instead .

FranckSuzy
02-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Dinnae fret Suzy plenty time yet to get an invite ,and well done for all that work you put in raising the profile of leith links .nearly persuaded my son to by one but he has decided to go travelling to New Zealand instead .

:panic::greengrin Aye, but given I'm a member of WT and organise tickets for children, the fact that I've not heard anything does seems strange, TBH, Ronnie :aok: Thanks for trying with your son anyway. Hope he enjoys his travels :agree:

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 11:28 PM

Franck - no idea only got the phone call on Thursday there from one of Ted Brack's boys who is also a teacher who was asked to get involved. Worth asking about though as it seems plans are afoot.

FranckSuzy
02-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Franck - no idea only got the phone call on Thursday there from one of Ted Brack's boys who is also a teacher who was asked to get involved. Worth asking about though as it seems plans are afoot.

Many thanks :aok:

RIP
02-08-2014, 11:30 PM
John

The next Working Together meeting is Wednesday 13th August 6.30 at the Stadium. Suzy normally gives the report on the community / inclusion volunteering. Why don't you drop her a line with your ideas?

Working together is a philosophy that includes communicating information to the right people at the right time. Given the risk attached to posting 'in the know' stuff about consortia currently in talks it seems like you could do with applying caution in this area?

Ronniekirk
02-08-2014, 11:36 PM
:panic::greengrin Aye, but given I'm a member of WT and organise tickets for children, the fact that I've not heard anything does seems strange, TBH, Ronnie :aok: Thanks for trying with your son anyway. Hope he enjoys his travels :agree:

Am sure he will You can see him in Don't Drop the Baton on Monday Night BBC 1 . Ps looks like Teachers are getting priority over Nurses get them Telt:wink: Suzy :stirrer:

FranckSuzy
02-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Am sure he will You can see him in Don't Drop the Baton on Monday Night BBC 1 . Ps looks like Teachers are getting priority over Nurses get them Telt:wink: Suzy :stirrer:

:thumbsup:

:tsk tsk: :take that :tee hee:

Glorious St Pat
02-08-2014, 11:45 PM
The next Working Together meeting is Wednesday 13th August 6.30 at the Stadium. Suzy normally gives the report on the community / inclusion volunteering. Why don't you drop her a line with your ideas?

Working together is a philosophy that includes communicating information to the right people at the right time. Given the risk attached to posting 'in the know' stuff about consortia currently in talks it seems like you could do with applying caution in this area?

Fair enough, your post makes sense. If I get involved in the group, my lips are forever sealed therafter.

brog
03-08-2014, 11:58 AM

:top marks
It also seems to be a Scottish trait that we're deeply suspicious of someone from a working-class background who speaks with a working-class accent instead of applauding them for their success. I think there's some sensible posts on here rightly asking questions re structure/funding/intent of any takeover bid. When people use words like "asylum" however in connection with the prospect of Paul becoming Hibs' chairman then I find that extremely offensive. As you say, we have a dedicated Hibs fan & a distinguished former player who has the courage to put his head above the parapets & then gets laughed at by posters on here whose achievements, I would respectfully suggest, are unlikely to match those of Paul. Our most recent CEO, RP, came from a rugby background with no knowledge of football or Hibs. We've also had chairmen who were bookies, schoolteachers, builders, minor local businessmen etc etc yet somehow having a former player as our Chairman is a laughable prospect.

FranckSuzy
03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
It also seems to be a Scottish trait that we're deeply suspicious of someone from a working-class background who speaks with a working-class accent instead of applauding them for their success. I think there's some sensible posts on here rightly asking questions re structure/funding/intent of any takeover bid. When people use words like "asylum" however in connection with the prospect of Paul becoming Hibs' chairman then I find that extremely offensive. As you say, we have a dedicated Hibs fan & a distinguished former player who has the courage to put his head above the parapets & then gets laughed at by posters on here whose achievements, I would respectfully suggest, are unlikely to match those of Paul. Our most recent CEO, RP, came from a rugby background with no knowledge of football or Hibs. We've also had chairmen who were bookies, schoolteachers, builders, minor local businessmen etc etc yet somehow having a former player as our Chairman is a laughable prospect.

Well said. As long as they've got the best interests of Hibs at the core of their plans, then they're good enough for me.

J-C
03-08-2014, 12:13 PM

Pretty sure Sunderland fans didn't laugh too much when Niall Quinn took over as chairman, they saw it as positive.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Best post of the entire thread. Well said brog.

cookin_on_gaz
03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Fair enough, your post makes sense. If I get involved in the group, my lips are forever sealed therafter.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p588/Gary_Pelc1/Mobile%20Uploads/sniff.png (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Pelc1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/sniff.png.html)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/106910-the-rangers-soap-opera-goes-on-and-on-see-admin-note-in-post-1/page__st__61350

silverhibee
03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Pretty sure Sunderland fans didn't laugh too much when Niall Quinn took over as chairman, they saw it as positive.

I was just going to mention him :greengrin Sunderland were in a bit of a mess when he took over them and turned things around at Sunderland.

His only concern was he wanted his club who he had played for and supported all his life to do well and get them out the mess they are in and back to where they belonged, something i think Kano wants to do the same for the club he has supported and played for as well and get us out the mess we have been in for the last few years.

Hibrandenburg
03-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Cheers John hope all is well. Just bumped into a St Pats member and the Hibbie connections were scary. As a school teacher, would like to think I am no bull****ter - mind you other former pupils might say otherwise!

**** me!!!!! You were Johnny Boy's schoolteacher? You must be as auld as the hills.

FranckSuzy
03-08-2014, 12:48 PM
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p588/Gary_Pelc1/Mobile%20Uploads/sniff.png (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/Gary_Pelc1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/sniff.png.html)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/106910-the-rangers-soap-opera-goes-on-and-on-see-admin-note-in-post-1/page__st__61350

:hmmm:

HappyHibby93
03-08-2014, 01:00 PM
I have to say, I would have concerns over Kano being Chairman. Apart from being a decent former player, and a fan favourite, what qualifies him to be chairman? I would rather have a chairman making decisions with there head, not there heart.

Forza Fred
03-08-2014, 01:06 PM
I have to say, I would have concerns over Kano being Chairman. Apart from being a decent former player, and a fan favourite, what qualifies him to be chairman? I would rather have a chairman making decisions with there head, not there heart.

Like Rod Petrie did, you mean?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2014, 01:14 PM
I cannae believe that there are still folk on here that still cannae get their heads around the fact that he is merely a spokesperson, I don't think he has ever mentioned anything about becoming chairman.

Hibrandenburg
03-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I cannae believe that there are still folk on here that still cannae get their heads around the fact that he is merely a spokesperson, I don't think he has ever mentioned anything about becoming chairman.

(see original post)

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2014, 01:31 PM
So, he hasn't said it then? Very much doubt the scenario in the OP will come to pass.

J-C
03-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Petrie should never be the chairman as had little knowledge of the sport prior to his appointment, he was a financial consultant to STF and was put in the position to look after STF's investment. Petrie should have been a financial director at the club, nothing more, looking after the pennies so to speak, he got lucky with Mowbray and the group of players that came through at the time, since then we have spiralled downwards at an alarming rate to end up in a division lower. A chairman with football knowledge is essential, the money will take care of itself as long as there are good directors in place to do so, Kano will be no more than a figure head if anything happens re takeover, nothing more but at least anything he does will be for the good of the club and it's fans.

matty_f
03-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Isn't that the same guy who claimed to be Global Hibby as well? I'm guessing if he gets his kicks from pretending to pretend he's someone on hibs.net then he needs a ride but can't get one because he has a shamefully small knob.

Leithenhibby
03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
So, he hasn't said it then? Very much doubt the scenario in the OP will come to pass.

It's a fair point you make...........

Petrie should never be the chairman as had little knowledge of the sport prior to his appointment, he was a financial consultant to STF and was put in the position to look after STF's investment. Petrie should have been a financial director at the club, nothing more, looking after the pennies so to speak, he got lucky with Mowbray and the group of players that came through at the time, since then we have spiralled downwards at an alarming rate to end up in a division lower. A chairman with football knowledge is essential, the money will take care of itself as long as there are good directors in place to do so, Kano will be no more than a figure head if anything happens re takeover, nothing more but at least anything he does will be for the good of the club and it's fans.

Highlighted is my biggest concern, but I'm also intrigued by your claim the PK will be nothing more than a figurehead.

Let's see the finer detail before we start making guarantees :aok:

Global Hibby
03-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Isn't that the same guy who claimed to be Global Hibby as well? I'm guessing if he gets his kicks from pretending to pretend he's someone on hibs.net then he needs a ride but can't get one because he has a shamefully small knob.

Thank you Matty and this individual is not me !

J-C
03-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Thought you said the last time you were on here you'd had enough abuse and you were out of here as you put it, still lurking around then eh? :confused::wink:

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 05:46 PM

Yep, I can vouch for our St Pat's boy saying he is who he is and most definitely NOT a Jambo

I know :greengrin

Thought you said the last time you were on here you'd had enough abuse and you were out of here as you put it, still lurking around then eh? :confused::wink:

Bit unfair RVW. GH did get dogs abuse and I didn't blame him for ducking out by I am assured, by a 100% trustworthy source, that GH is a Hibby. Folk might not approve of the way he went about things when trying to gauge feelings on here but it doesn't make him any less a Hibby!

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 05:47 PM
John

Go for it S. You'll be a good addition :agree:

J-C
03-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Yep, I can vouch for our St Pat's boy saying he is who he is and most definitely NOT a Jambo

Bit unfair RVW. GH did get dogs abuse and I didn't blame him for ducking out by I am assured, by a 100% trustworthy source, that GH is a Hibby. Folk might not approve of the way he went about things when trying to gauge feelings on here but it doesn't make him any less a Hibby!

Not disagreeing John, just thought he was gone because of the abuse he got before, was surprised he posted again, that's all.

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Not disagreeing John, just thought he was gone because of the abuse he got before, was surprised he posted again, that's all.

:aok:

Clearly has stamina :greengrin

Mr White
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM
:aok:

Clearly has stamina :greengrin

Or amnesia :greengrin

Global Hibby
03-08-2014, 06:27 PM

Once a Hibby, Always a Hibby!!

Sone say " funny way, to go about business " others say " possible future owners or co-owners, should engage with us "

Damned if you do and damned if you don't and guess i am after all a damned Hibby !!

Global Hibby
03-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Cheers JB and am sure i met you in the boardroom last season ?

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Cheers JB and am sure i met you in the boardroom last season ?

Really? My memory is getting worse :greengrin

Golden Bear
03-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Once a Hibby, Always a Hibby!!

Sone say " funny way, to go about business " others say " possible future owners or co-owners, should engage with us "

Damned if you do and damned if you don't and guess i am after all a damned Hibby !!

Not so much damned but more a case of doomed!!

Global Hibby
03-08-2014, 07:19 PM

Happens to us all old age and speak with W...., am sure he introduced me to you !

Global Hibby
03-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Not so much damned but more a case of doomed!!

LMAO.....damned and doomed....but......

From ashes a Phoenix will rise and keep the faith GB ;-)

silverhibee
03-08-2014, 08:08 PM

How many Jonnyboy's are there. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 08:29 PM

Jack
03-08-2014, 10:37 PM

Goodnight Jonnyboy.

macd123
04-08-2014, 12:18 AM
I cant believe the amount of single fish I read on this site. If Paul Kane is doing ok for himself , great; but I suspect he isn't in the filthy rich category. Basically if he is any kind of business man he wont be investing in any football club anytime soon I imagine.
If there as one iota of truth here some wee fanny from the media would be " exclusively revealing "as we speak.

No chance anyone will invest. Investing implies you get some money out of it. People either put money in to keep the place afloat or because they are a fan and are happy to give it away.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Goodnight Jonnyboy.

The thread is encroaching on the Walton s now .:wink:

Frazerbob
04-08-2014, 09:21 AM

Exactly. He is on record as saying he is willing to invest a "5 figure sum". So, he's going to put up £10k of his own hard earned. Not an amount to be sniffed at and a hefty sum from a medium sized businessman and ordinary fan like the rest of us.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Its not unusual on the continent for high profile ex players to be involved at boardroom level at their former cubs. I have no problem with people being sceptical about Kano's involvement if they are looking at it from a financial point of view. But as far as I can see Kano is not proposing to buy HFC himself. If its because he isn't 'well spoken' doesn't wear a pinstripe suit, have a degree in accountancy and run a muti national corporation then some folk haven't been keeping up with current affairs ...... people like that nearly brought the western world to ruin just recently as I recall.

I said in a post a few weeks ago that 'Forever Hibernian' should be careful that STF's confidentiality clause didn't turn out to be a poisoned chalice. We are now weeks down the line and its obvious ( at least to me ) that its beginning to cause them real damage. There has to come a point where the FH people face the inescapable fact that their position, that it is better to work with STF rather than end up in an acrimonious battle with him, is being used to sideline them and encourage scepticism amongst the support of their ability to mount any kind of credible bid for the club ...... not to mention their ability to run it if they could.

Every day which goes by with apparently nothing happening and silence from both sides is grist to the mill for the sceptics and does FH no favours .................. IMO its time for them to make a statement which puts some sort of time limit on this confidentiality clause.

The supporters who are all aware that something is going on deserve at least an acknowledgement from the club that talks are ongoing. That does not breach any confidentiality agreement and will make at least this supporter feel a lot less like he is being insulted.

A wee parting shot ............... It kind of flies in the face of the clubs recent statements of fan inclusion and involvement that over 80 years of tradition were set aside at a stroke by producing a home strip minus white sleeves, with no consultation with the supporters. Because its only for one season and not as if they are changing the club colours its a pretty minor infringement. But as has been seen at other clubs fans are a pretty conservative lot and fiercely protective of their clubs traditions. Given the recent climate at ER the club were taking a bit of a risk pulling that thread.

smurf
04-08-2014, 01:14 PM
The people behind this are clever, passionate and serious. They all have the best interests of our club at heart.

jdships
04-08-2014, 01:20 PM
The people behind this are clever, passionate and serious. They all have the best interests of our club at heart.

That is said about every group that want to " acquire" a football club but how many prove to be just that ? :greengrin
I want to see detail plus small print before I start getting " excited" :rolleyes:

smurf
04-08-2014, 01:23 PM
That is said about every group that want to " acquire" a football club but how many prove to be just that ? :greengrin
I want to see detail plus small print before I start getting " excited" :rolleyes:

True and I'm sure if things progress then all will be revealed!

jdships
04-08-2014, 01:31 PM
True and I'm sure if things progress then all will be revealed!

That's what we want - nothing more nothing less :agree:
But wait a minute !
A commonsense post on this thread ? WOWEEEEEE !:greengrin :rolleyes:

Glorious St Pat
04-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Its not unusual on the continent for high profile ex players to be involved at boardroom level at their former cubs. I have no problem with people being sceptical about Kano's involvement if they are looking at it from a financial point of view. But as far as I can see Kano is not proposing to buy HFC himself. If its because he isn't 'well spoken' doesn't wear a pinstripe suit, have a degree in accountancy and run a muti national corporation then some folk haven't been keeping up with current affairs ...... people like that nearly brought the western world to ruin just recently as I recall.

I said in a post a few weeks ago that 'Forever Hibernian' should be careful that STF's confidentiality clause didn't turn out to be a poisoned chalice. We are now weeks down the line and its obvious ( at least to me ) that its beginning to cause them real damage. There has to come a point where the FH people face the inescapable fact that their position, that it is better to work with STF rather than end up in an acrimonious battle with him, is being used to sideline them and encourage scepticism amongst the support of their ability to mount any kind of credible bid for the club ...... not to mention their ability to run it if they could.

Every day which goes by with apparently nothing happening and silence from both sides is grist to the mill for the sceptics and does FH no favours .................. IMO its time for them to make a statement which puts some sort of time limit on this confidentiality clause.

The supporters who are all aware that something is going on deserve at least an acknowledgement from the club that talks are ongoing. That does not breach any confidentiality agreement and will make at least this supporter feel a lot less like he is being insulted.

A wee parting shot ............... It kind of flies in the face of the clubs recent statements of fan inclusion and involvement that over 80 years of tradition were set aside at a stroke by producing a home strip minus white sleeves, with no consultation with the supporters. Because its only for one season and not as if they are changing the club colours its a pretty minor infringement. But as has been seen at other clubs fans are a pretty conservative lot and fiercely protective of their clubs traditions. Given the recent climate at ER the club were taking a bit of a risk pulling that thread.

Great post and sums up a lot of my own thoughts too. The veil of secrecy is doing no one any favours. If there is to be a part fans takeover then some details would be nice to gauge feeling and support. Those that have attacked Kano's background should be ashamed.

jdships
04-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Great post and sums up a lot of my own thoughts too. The veil of secrecy is doing no one any favours. If there is to be a part fans takeover then some details would be nice to gauge feeling and support. Those that have attacked Kano's background should be ashamed.

Surely "Kano and friends" are as much "to blame" on this as the Club.
What exactly have we been told about their ideas/intentions for the club - in a word NOTHING
All there has been up to now is spin

I have no problems withwhat they are trying to achieve but if they want the supporterts backing then give is some FIRM information
:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2014, 06:31 PM
What exactly have we been told about their ideas/intentions for the club - in a word NOTHING

I have no problems withwhat they are trying to achieve but if they want the supporterts backing then give is some FIRM information

I was under the impression STF wanted secrecy and would say something when the time was right? If Kane was to break that request, i'm pretty sure STF would not be a happy bunny.

NW
04-08-2014, 06:31 PM

It's hard when it's negotiations taking place and that's is sensitive and such a public situation. I am not sure what else can be said until there is agreement from the club in terms of a structured offer. Anything will be fan focussed and the fans will be given plenty opportunity for a say and input. I know there is a huge amount of work going on.

Jack
04-08-2014, 09:04 PM
I was under the impression STF wanted secrecy and would say something when the time was right? If Kane was to break that request, i'm pretty sure STF would not be a happy bunny.

I'm not sure who asked for the confidentiality clause.

TBH its doing neither side, or perhaps any side if there's more than one group, any favours ... and that includes The Club.

From the rumours Paul and his team are in negotiations and some claim to be in the know, or maybe not, and posting teasers.

A group none of us know nothing about is apparently discussing options with STF - they don't even have a spokesperson! Maybe we should in future refer to them as the Ninja Consortium.

And there's there's The Club. While LD seems to be in her element running the club and diverting our attention the major shareholders are overseeing a clandestine operation that would make MI5 & MI6 proud ... except for the odd leak to MI7, the Russians, the Guardian and any number of others that STF & RP would have a wee s****** at!

And folk are having a pop at Kano for not saying enough!

Jack

aka Secret Squirrel
MI8

matty_f
04-08-2014, 10:45 PM
I hope that in the event of new owners taking over, they have the good sense to keep LD and build on the foundations she's putting down for the club.

oldbutdim
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM

TBH its doing neither side, or perhaps any side if there's more than one group, any favours ... and that includes The Club.

From the rumours Paul and his team are in negotiations and some claim to be in the know, or maybe not, and posting teasers.

A group none of us know nothing about is apparently discussing options with STF - they don't even have a spokesperson! Maybe we should in future refer to them as the Ninja Consortium.

And there's there's The Club. While LD seems to be in her element running the club and diverting our attention the major shareholders are overseeing a clandestine operation that would make MI5 & MI6 proud ... except for the odd leak to MI7, the Russians, the Guardian and any number of others that STF & RP would have a wee s****** at!

Jack

aka Secret Squirrel
MI8

The Ninja's are indeed in negotiations too.

As posted earlier, this bid is a serious one I'm told.

Being led by a heavyweight Hibby.

NW
04-08-2014, 11:22 PM

He ain't heavy, but he's my brother

RIP
05-08-2014, 05:15 AM
Whether there are three business groups or five or six I am nervous about one aspect of the approach being taken.

I picture a scenario of a multi-millionaire talking to business consortia via RP and other STF advisors. Those bid groups run by Hibs business people believe they have supporters and club best interests at heart. I have no doubt they feel passionately that this is the case.

They are engaged in a process and it looks like some are further down the road than others. But there is one consistent factor and it is typical of the way our club has been run over the past three decades.

They seek to assure us that business people know best. That we should trust their leadership.Yet at the same time there are currently hundreds of thousands of football supporters up and down the UK regretting that they put their blind faith in business.

So while I warmly applaud Paul and the other groups for engaging with the owners, I am still not seeing enough consultation. Forever Hibernian engaged with the HSA off the back of the Petrie Out campaign but that was 2 months ago and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. I am worried that we will only be informed when something is a done deal.

It may be just me but as a supporter I don't see those methods as democratic enough to give supporters an input into the future of their club.

Weststandwanab
05-08-2014, 05:58 AM
I hope that in the event of new owners taking over, they have the good sense to keep LD and build on the foundations she's putting down for the club.

I think we can take that as read.

And the identity of the HH is ?

Whether there are three business groups or five or six I am nervous about one aspect of the approach being taken.

I picture a scenario of a multi-millionaire talking to business consortia via RP and other STF advisors. Those bid groups run by Hibs business people believe they have supporters and club best interests at heart. I have no doubt they feel passionately that this is the case.

They are engaged in a process and it looks like some are further down the road than others. But there is one consistent factor and it is typical of the way our club has been run over the past three decades.

They seek to assure us that business people know best. That we should trust their leadership.Yet at the same time there are currently hundreds of thousands of football supporters up and down the UK regretting that they put their blind faith in business.

So while I warmly applaud Paul and the other groups for engaging with the owners, I am still not seeing enough consultation. Forever Hibernian engaged with the HSA off the back of the Petrie Out campaign but that was 2 months ago and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. I am worried that we will only be informed when something is a done deal.

It may be just me but as a supporter I don't see those methods as democratic enough to give supporters an input into the future of their club.

It will be democratic in the sense if you are a shareholder you will have the opportunity to vote If there is a bid.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2014, 06:58 AM

Jack

aka Secret Squirrel
MI8

Paul Kane said STF asked for this confidentiality, he'd be an idiot to ignore that.

scoopyboy
05-08-2014, 09:23 AM

Ex chairman by any chance?

Juice-Terry
05-08-2014, 09:47 AM
There will be an update from Kano and Forever Hibernian at the St Pat's branch meeting on Thursday.

marinello59
05-08-2014, 09:54 AM
There will be an update from Kano and Forever Hibernian at the St Pat's branch meeting on Thursday.

That's nice for the St Pat's members. Will they let the rest of us know in due course?

Glorious St Pat
05-08-2014, 10:15 AM
That's nice for the St Pat's members. Will they let the rest of us know in due course?

I will be at this meeting and have heard nothing of such an announcement.

Juice-Terry
05-08-2014, 10:20 AM

Paul's just back from his holidays, and given that he's a St Pat's member he probably just saw this as the first opportunity to provide an update. (He did say a while back that a more definite proposal would be ready in early August.) I'm sure he'll go public with whatever info he's got as soon as possible.

Glorious St Pat
05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
I will be at this meeting and have heard nothing of such an announcement.

Scrub that - just noticed on a branch email that a Forever Hibernian update is part of Thursday agenda.

Thanks Juice Terry

marinello59
05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Paul's just back from his holidays, and given that he's a St Pat's member he probably just saw this as the first opportunity to provide an update. (He did say a while back that a more definite proposal would be ready in early August.) I'm sure he'll go public with whatever info he's got as soon as possible.

Interesting then that the confidentiality clause doesn't apply to this meeting then. I have been looking forward to hearing just how the fans can get involved in this when the time was right. Guess those of us not in the inner circle will have to wait a wee bit longer then. Or join St Pat's.

Juice-Terry
05-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Interesting then that the confidentiality clause doesn't apply to this meeting then. I have been looking forward to hearing just how the fans can get involved in this when the time was right. Guess those of us not in the inner circle will have to wait a wee bit longer then. Or join St Pat's.

I certainly don't know all the inside stuff here but I believe the confidentiality clause that STF insisted on related only to their first meeting when Kano & Co's bid was knocked back. It's my understanding (and hope) that Kano will present the names of a number of monied persons who are willing put up a substantial amount of money to buy 49% of the club and the remaining 51% will be offered to us - the Hibs supporters. The 51% will be run by a trust ('The Hibernian Trust') and will be chaired by Pat Stanton (or somenone of similar stature), and this trust will control Easter Road and East Mains. The 49% bunch will, effectively, provide working capital. That's my understanind anyway...I could of course be completely wrong (although I hope not). Kano has insisted on transparency, and I'm sure we'll get just that. It's only that it's taken this long to get the details of the proposal right. GGTTH!

Turkish Green
05-08-2014, 10:49 AM
WE have cliques, do we? Only those and such as those, eh!

Juice-Terry
05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
WE have cliques, do we? Only those and such as those, eh!

See above.

scoopyboy
05-08-2014, 11:17 AM

Any idea when he will be letting East Lothian Hibs know?

Juice-Terry
05-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm sure there will be a public announcement very soon. Kano's a member of St Pat's. He would have been at the meeting regardless of Forever Hibernian. It's just that this time he will (hopefully) have some news about the bid.

Beefster
05-08-2014, 11:39 AM

I don't care if someone buys the club without consulting the supporters. Just as long as they keep the club safe, run it correctly and the consequences on the pitch are the ones we all want to see.

The consortium that Kane is involved with/fronting is making a horse's erse of the entire saga IMHO. Not good for a group that apparently needs/wants us to chip in to help them buy the club.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2014, 04:18 PM
[/B]

Ex chairman by any chance?

Son of perhaps?

Golden Bear
05-08-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm sure there will be a public announcement very soon. Kano's a member of St Pat's. He would have been at the meeting regardless of Forever Hibernian. It's just that this time he will (hopefully) have some news about the bid.

Surely not - whoever would have guessed that?!

:wink:

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Got my tin hat on -

It doesn't matter if its Kano or Donald Trump.

If the potential investors dont have the long term secuirity of the club at the heart of any proposal - STF will tell them to bolt.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2014, 05:36 PM
The consortium that Kane is involved with/fronting is making a horse's erse of the entire saga IMHO. Not good for a group that apparently needs/wants us to chip in to help them buy the club.

Its exactly this sort of statement which leads me to think more and more that an agreement to a confidentiality clause with apparently no time limit is damaging the Paul Kane group ..... Word on the street is that this was agreed out of respect to STF ..... at what point does asking for respect become taking the piss.

If Beefster's post is alluding to the statement made on here that apparently a statement / update will be given at a St Pat's branch meeting by Forever Hibernian I also do not think using one branch of the HSA as a medium for spreading information is a good idea, irrespective of whether Paul Kane is a member or not. It not only looks small time and amateurish, it also has (like it or not ) the potential to provoke accusations of cliqueism.

IMO any statements or updates from Forever Hibernian should be given at either a full meeting of the HSA or through the TV or press.

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Can someone explain how it went from "Petrie GTF" to "Hibernian Forever" - seems either a radical change of strategy, or WTF will we do next Kano :wink:

RIP
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Can someone explain how it went from "Petrie GTF" to "Hibernian Forever" - seems either a radical change of strategy, or WTF will we do next Kano :wink:

This was all explained in press, radio and TV interviews. I appreciate that folk in England and beyond may have missed out.

The campaign was inviting Petrie to leave the club. This can only happen if he is bought out. It appears that if Rod goes, so does Sir Tom. So Hibs-minded business groups have made approaches. Others with no prior connection to the club will have been given the brush off.

Forever Hibernian are the biggest and most advanced group. Given that the other groups are missing the support of the HSA leadership it's looking increasingly like a one horse race.

All IMO of course

Jack
05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I think folk should wait to see what this update to St Pats is before jumping in with accusations of cliques, or worse.

Chair of St Pats: Whats the latest position Paul?

Paul Kane: Not much I can say just now guys. We're still talking with STF and his advisers.
[anyone who knows Paul will know he could talk for Scotland so this is the shortened version :-]

Chair of St Pats: Thanks Paul.

As usual and not unexpected or knocking anyone but but there's a number of folk too ready to jump to a conclusion, any conclusion.

Yeah, we're all desperate for news, lets just wait for it before wading in.

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2014, 07:22 PM
This was all explained in press, radio and TV interviews. I appreciate that folk in England and beyond may have missed out.

The campaign was inviting Petrie to leave the club. This can only happen if he is bought out. It appears that if Rod goes, so does Sir Tom. So Hibs-minded business groups have made approaches. Others with no prior connection to the club will have been given the brush off.

Forever Hibernian are the biggest and most advanced group. Given that the other groups are missing the support of the HSA leadership it's looking increasingly like a one horse race.

All IMO of course

RIP - dont worry even in England we are up to speed - had a great day at Berwick :thumbsup:

My question is who are these "Hibs minded business groups" that are prepared to put money into a loss making organisation, and have the long term future of Hibs as their priority ?

FranckSuzy
05-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Son of perhaps?

Would very much doubt it, he's skint! :greengrin

Juice-Terry
07-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Bit of a damp squid I'm afraid - and, in a sense, a good thing it is too: Kano had no new information to divulge. He said there will be a public announcement in the next week or two. It was never his intention to tell only St Pat's about the Forever Hibernian plans. It was misleading to have a 'Forever Hibernian update' on the agenda. Kano did his brief Q&A after the official meeting was closed.

Glorious St Pat
07-08-2014, 10:48 PM
A formal announcement to be made next week by the takeover group. Kano reiterated that any decision for the way forward would be made by the fans themselves - I think he means whether or not we would buy into a part fans ownership scheme. Many questions were asked but Paul was reluctant to answer including my own. He was clear that he wanted Petrie gone. There was a very mixed response to the floor from his question of a 100% fan ownership - not that I think this is at all possible.

Glorious St Pat
07-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Bit of a damp squid I'm afraid - and, in a sense, a good thing it is too: Kano had no new information to divulge. He said there will be a public announcement in the next week or two. It was never his intention to tell only St Pat's about the Forever Hibernian plans. It was misleading to have a 'Forever Hibernian update' on the agenda. Kano did his brief Q&A after the official meeting was closed.

Terry you beat me my seconds - just updated on the Kano thread. Maybe admins could merge threads.

SunshineOnLeith
07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
A damp squid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXKVY-_i2c Skip to 1:10 :wink:

Juice-Terry
08-08-2014, 01:15 AM
It was that too.... :-)

Keith_M
08-08-2014, 08:29 AM
A damp squid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXKVY-_i2c Skip to 1:10 :wink:

Was Kano put on a PedalStool?

Leithenhibby
08-08-2014, 02:02 PM
A formal announcement to be made next week by the takeover group. Kano reiterated that any decision for the way forward would be made by the fans themselves - I think he means whether or not we would buy into a part fans ownership scheme. Many questions were asked but Paul was reluctant to answer including my own. He was clear that he wanted Petrie gone. There was a very mixed response to the floor from his question of a 100% fan ownership - not that I think this is at all possible.

And, I don't see that changing anytime soon to be honest... :agree:

GGTTH

RIP
08-08-2014, 04:06 PM
And, I don't see that changing anytime soon to be honest... :agree:

GGTTH

Does anyone think they have enough information on fan ownership? I know I don't. If we are going to have decisions to make, we could do with more information on that area.

I just hope it's less complicated than a currency union!

Heisenberg
08-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Sportsmail ‏@ScotMailSport (https://twitter.com/ScotMailSport) 28s (https://twitter.com/ScotMailSport/status/497848612999946240) In tomorrow's Scottish Daily Mail. Don't miss our @mcgowan_stephen (https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen) exclusive on the future of troubled Hibernian.

Sounds ominous :confused:

Auckland Hibs
08-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Sportsmail ‏@ScotMailSport (https://twitter.com/ScotMailSport) 28s (https://twitter.com/ScotMailSport/status/497848612999946240) In tomorrow's Scottish Daily Mail. Don't miss our @mcgowan_stephen (https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen) exclusive on the future of troubled Hibernian.

Doesn't sound good news - serious financial issues?

emerald green
08-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Sportsmail ‏@ScotMailSport (https://twitter.com/ScotMailSport)28s (https://twitter.com/ScotMailSport/status/497848612999946240) In tomorrow's Scottish Daily Mail. Don't miss our @mcgowan_stephen (https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen) exclusive on the future of troubled Hibernian.

Timed to perfection to coincide with the start of the league season. I wonder why?

Del Boy
08-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Don't like the sound of that, hopefully bad wording!!

SteveHFC
08-08-2014, 09:03 PM

Same :(

yankyhibby
08-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Perhaps an attempt to unsettle Hibs on the eve of the big kick off -especially after our showing against The Rangers. I keep an open mind re: any headline using terminology like "Troubled" Every man and his dog knows that Hibs have been in trouble for a few years on the pitch.

wpj
08-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Troubled as in the situation we are in maybe which is true. Maybe some takeover rumours, been a few on here recently. I doubt the mail has any exclusive to be worried about

Mr White
My prediction is it will be a piece on the (rumoured) proposed take-over fronted by Paul Kane. It will consist almost entirely of conjecture with a negative twist and absolutely no quotes. Not that I am in any way cynical about tabloid journalism you understand...

oneone73
Troubled as in the situation we are in maybe which is true. Maybe some takeover rumours, been a few on here recently. I doubt the mail has any exclusive to be worried about

Agree.

Hiber-nation
08-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Timed to perfection to coincide with the start of the league season. I wonder why?

Hun rag.

frazeHFC
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm guessing if it was something bad then it would be reported on Sky News, Edinburgh Evening News, BBC etc straight away. Most likely just a report on how we will get back on track after a few bad years...hopefully.

Hibby Gav
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Well, we are troubled as we got relegated...let players go....are having to start again...and the future is Alan and Leeann's vision , youth...more fan involvement...etc.........

hopefully

ggtth

Heisenberg
08-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Hopefully it isn't serious. Way it's worded makes it seem much worse than it could be.

Bostonhibby
It's the mail ffs, there will be no attributable "facts" or quotes and most likely cut and pasted from here. Never buy it never will.

Meantime the real story is unfolding at Ibrox - good old Charlie.

truehibernian

Chill, it will be a piece on the football side of things.....usual guff to unsettle, strangely timed after we've played The Rangers off the park.......we are owned by a guy worth £140 million.......who doesn't lease a submarine :aok:

emerald green
Perhaps an attempt to unsettle Hibs on the eve of the big kick off -especially after our showing against The Rangers. I keep an open mind re: any headline using terminology like "Troubled" Every man and his dog knows that Hibs have been in trouble for a few years on the pitch.

:agree: That's what I'm thinking Yanky, hence the timing of the article.

Oldest trick in the book, and one everyone at the club should ignore. We all know what's happened at Hibs, but we all need to concentrate on the good things happening at the club.

emerald green
08-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Hun rag.

:agree: :aok:

Stax
08-08-2014, 09:13 PM
My prediction is it will be a piece on the (rumoured) proposed take-over fronted by Paul Kane. It will consist almost entirely of conjecture with a negative twist and absolutely no quotes. Not that I am in any way cynical about tabloid journalism you understand...
Sums it up for me :agree:

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 09:16 PM

1. We know we were relegated.
2. We know we let lots of players go.
3. We know we sacked TB.
4. We know about LD.
5. We know who our new manager is.
6. We know which players/loan(s) we have acquired.
7. We know Petries ;) fiscal belt will be tightened a bit more.
8. We know our debt will have climbed a little.
9. We know Rangers and Hearts are sh*t too.

What can they have that Hibs board does not know or might be hiding from us? What inside financial details can they possibly have found that might terrify us?

Maybe I am being too blase about it but probably something about nothing and has been pointed out, co-incidentally going to be published on the first day of the season.

O'Rourke3
08-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Mail = Lillian Gish. A friend did a piece this week on the Referendum debate. His balanced reporting was not evident après edit

Slim Shady
08-08-2014, 09:20 PM

Tomorrow's story is regarding where Hibs funds have really been coming from and how we have had the wool pulled over our eyes for years.

STF has not been wholly truthful telling us where the funds to bank roll out club have come from. Not his pocket anyway.

There is no financial concern though. Don't think the story will be up Kano's street though who has been extremely quiet lately.

Johibs
08-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Personally don't expect it to be about finances, if we were that much in trouble Cummings would have been allowed to go to Swansea surely? :confused:

Slim Shady
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Defo not in trouble and don't need to sell

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Tomorrow's story is regarding where Hibs funds have really been coming from and how we have had the wool pulled over our eyes for years.

STF has not been wholly truthful telling us where the funds to bank roll out club have come from. Not his pocket anyway.

There is no financial concern though. Don't think the story will be up Kano's street though who has been extremely quiet lately.

So it is the past then and not the future which they will be 'revealing'.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Job done for them - well done. Are we to fall for every line?

matty_f
08-08-2014, 09:28 PM

The accounts have shown that.

bingo70
08-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Few paranoid androids about, nobody is making anything up to derail our title challenge that hasn't even begun yet.

If there's something like this in the papers it's only likely to galvanize the club and encourage people to go. Anything that's in the papers tomorrow are likely to be true

Slim Shady
08-08-2014, 09:30 PM
I got this story from The Scotsman. Hoping it goes online early (midnightish).

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Few paranoid androids about, nobody is making anything up to derail our title challenge that hasn't even begun yet.

If there's something like this in the papers it's only likely to galvanize the club and encourage people to go. Anything that's in the papers tomorrow are likely to be true

I don't think anyone has claimed they are making things up, rather just making a story of things that are generally known.

FranckSuzy
They probably have it in for Hibs since we're not a Tory voting and white supremacist organisation :wink: :duck:

emerald green

I doubt it. Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

silverhibee
08-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Defo not in trouble and don't need to sell

Now where have i heard that before.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I got this story from The Scotsman. Hoping it goes online early (midnightish).

At least we won't have long to wait.

CallumLaidlaw
08-08-2014, 09:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/09/u3ebyzub.jpg

Bottom right

bingo70
08-08-2014, 09:44 PM

Bottom right

What does it say?

sleeping giant
08-08-2014, 09:44 PM

Bottom right

I can barely see that :greengrin

Does it say "Low in 3.5 million deal for Hibs" ?

Gatecrasher
08-08-2014, 09:45 PM
What does it say?
Low in £3.5m deal for Hibs.

whos Low?

Twiglet
08-08-2014, 09:45 PM
What does it say?

"Low in £3.5m deal for Hibs" I think.

Who's Low?

Heisenberg
08-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Just seen a pic of the back page on twitter. Looks like a takeover bid led by a financial advisor, last name Low, who had a major role in the Fergus Mccan takeover at Celtc.

CallumLaidlaw
08-08-2014, 09:49 PM
David low. Financial advisor. Was involved in Fergus McCann buying Celtic apparently. Heading up a consortium to buy Hibs in £3.5m deal

matty_f
aww FFS, this has got pun thread hijack written all over it. :bitchy:

Hibeesmad
Financial advisor David Low has revealed he is heading up a consortium bidding to seize control of troubled hibs in a £3.5 million deal

Gatecrasher
08-08-2014, 09:50 PM
And this makes us troubled?

SaulGoodman
08-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Get a lowd of this clown

Twiglet
08-08-2014, 09:51 PM
This guy?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-takeover-backer-david-low-1054591

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/the-big-interview-david-low-1.168631 (http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/the-big-interview-david-low-1.168631)

Mikey
08-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Get a lowd of this clown

First and last :wink:

bingo70
08-08-2014, 09:54 PM
And this makes us troubled?

I think the fact we've been.relegated and have had organised protests to get petrie out makes us troubled.

Probably not great wording although certainly got our interest.

matty_f
This guy?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-takeover-backer-david-low-1054591

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/the-big-interview-david-low-1.168631 (http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/the-big-interview-david-low-1.168631)

Seems like he'd have the club's best interests at heart. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
aww FFS, this has got pun thread hijack written all over it. :bitchy:

Youre never more that 8 posts away from a pun on the .net ;)

bingo70
08-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Seems like he'd have the club's best interests at heart. :rolleyes:

Have to admit the story had alarm bells ringing.

That said though, I'd hear him out if he had a plan.

Centre Hawf
08-08-2014, 10:27 PM
I have to admit after the last few years of watching Rangers and Hearts in trouble and then a few others down south. I'd really be against a takeover. This is just my opinion but its our luck to be the ones to get a shyster and go to the wall and not get Rangers treatment.

We have problems. I know that. We all know that. But i'm happy to have a club.

SteveHFC
08-08-2014, 11:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BujPPWeCQAACVIa.jpg

3pm
09-08-2014, 12:31 AM
£3.5m.

Doubt it.

hibsdaft70
09-08-2014, 04:02 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2720455/Hibernian-set-recieve-3-5million-bid-advisor-David-Low-heads-consortium.html

lucky
09-08-2014, 04:54 AM
A bit of a non story. Some guy is trying to buy Hibs on the cheap, don't get the journalists use of "troubled" Hibernian. Tory rag of a paper so should not be surprised.

James70
09-08-2014, 05:02 AM
What sort of newspaper can't even spell 'receive' properly.

Pete
09-08-2014, 05:13 AM
"Stubbs is trying to prepare his team for the new season against the backdrop of uncertainty"

We made some Glasgow team look stupid so here we go with the nonsense that's designed to unsettle us.

Get lost.

marinello59
09-08-2014, 05:14 AM
A Joke bid. Farmer and Petrie will tell this ugly clown to bolt if they haven't already. Without a supporter mandate it's a dead duck and he knows it. Hence the leak to the Weegia.

Craig Whyte look a likely?

If somebody makes an acceptable offer to STF then they won't need a supporters mandate. It's interesting that this group has dismissed involvement with Kano's project. The seemingly low sum mentioned may suggest that they don't even see their rivals as credible.

Iain G
09-08-2014, 05:21 AM

Could they not find a more recent photo either?

Slackly written non-event of a story there.

Hibby Gav
09-08-2014, 05:26 AM

The same sort that shows 5 year old pics of the team........it's never known a fact unless one smacks it in the face

ggtth

soupy
09-08-2014, 05:26 AM
If somebody makes an acceptable offer to STF then they won't need a supporters mandate. It's interesting that this group has dismissed involvement with Kano's project. The seemingly low sum mentioned may suggest that they don't even see their rivals as credible.

Could it also be that they'd be taking on the clubs debt which would be around £6m???
Maybe Petries not selling his 10% either :-)

Pete
09-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Could they not find a more recent photo either?

Slackly written non-event of a story there.

Probably the most worthwhile thing that can be taken from the article is looking back and thinking how smart that top was.

bingo70
09-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Why's £3.5m a low sum? We're losing money and still have a fair amount of debt to add on top of that do we not?

marinello59
09-08-2014, 05:43 AM
Why's £3.5m a low sum? We're losing money and still have a fair amount of debt to add on top of that do we not?

To be honest I don't know if it is low or not, it just appears to be when you first see it. Or it did to me. :greengrin

bigwheel
09-08-2014, 05:59 AM
we all knew there are at least 2 groups looking to buy Hibs...what is noticeable is the horrible negative tone this paper puts on all of this - pathetic!

RIP
09-08-2014, 06:10 AM

Sorry M59 but you are way off the mark. Leeann was brought to Hibs to oversee a transition to a community ownership model. Tom wants to hand the club back to the community. This is no coincidence.

All serious bids have to address that approach or they will be viewed as hostile. The least successful years for HFC have been those where we were in the clutches of the money men with no background in club and community. Sir Tom will not want the legacy that David Murray now has at Rangers.

ano hibby
09-08-2014, 06:27 AM
In normal circumstances I'd say this was STF letting other interested parties know where to start the bidding.
However I'd be surprised & disappointed if it was just about who writes the biggest cheque in this situation. Surely STF cares more about the legacy thing than the difference between say £3.5m & £5m.

Tyler Durden
09-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Could it also be that they'd be taking on the clubs debt which would be around £6m???
Maybe Petries not selling his 10% either :-)

If a takeover was seriously on the table I wouldn't be surprised to see the debt repaid - LBG have shown there's an appetite to write off a fair chunk of football debts. As seen at Killie for example.

All seems very early stages anyway.

Hopefully Stubbs can keep the players focused on today's game amidst this uncertain background.....

BSEJVT
09-08-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't think anyone has claimed they are making things up, rather just making a story of things that are generally known.

Sorry M59 but you are way off the mark. Leeann was brought to Hibs to oversee a transition to a community ownership model. Tom wants to hand the club back to the community. This is no coincidence.

All serious bids have to address that approach or they will be viewed as hostile. The least successful years for HFC have been those where we were in the clutches of the money men with no background in club and community. Sir Tom will not want the legacy that David Murray now has at Rangers.

I have been saying this for at least 5 years.

STF's legacy will far outweigh any financial considerations for him.

And yes I accept his present legacy is a hugely under performing team and club, but form is temporary class is permanent.

There is IMO no chance that our next owners won't be at least in the majority community / fan based.

Whether that gives Kano's consortium a chance?

One things for sure, the new owners will face, minus the Petrie baggage, the same problems as the old.

Quite how these folks will be able to manage Hibs on the same income and expenditure, plus the 5000 additional season tickets sold cause Petrie is gone, substantially better I don't know.

It will certainly be interesting seeing those who have called for further investment delivering it.

It will also be interesting hearing those who have moaned about lack of signings, showing a but ambition etc etc explaining to the support why it's not happening.

I wonder if vast sections of the support, placated by the removal if STF and Petrie will accept these explanations willingly from their "own" people

I don't ****ing think so.

The future might either be better, worse or similar.

One things for sure it won't be the land of milk and honey.

Weir7
09-08-2014, 07:24 AM
A Joke bid. Farmer and Petrie will tell this ugly clown to bolt if they haven't already. Without a supporter mandate it's a dead duck and he knows it. Hence the leak to the Weegia.

Craig Whyte look a likely?

Malcolm is a solid hibby and top business man. I've had many dealings with him. From what I've been told farmer quite rightly wants community involvement. I understand this bid doesn't have it.

Would be better if farmer Malcolm and kano got together to produce a model. Which leaves the club in hibernian hands. People that will love and care for it.

marinello59
09-08-2014, 07:27 AM

I don't think what I said contradicts all that. You suggested no offer would be accepted without a supporters mandate. I would suggest that if STF receives an acceptable offer there will be no need for prior fan involvement. An acceptable offer would be one that was not only financially acceptable but provided assurances about the future of the club. The only person who needs to be satisfied with any offer beforehand is STF.

Aldo
09-08-2014, 07:27 AM
This really gets my goat tbh..... Troubled Hibernian???

Forgetting the season is about to start and our west coast chums at the daily Hun will do anything to disrupt any rivals.

£3.5 million eh..... jog on.

oneone73
09-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Contrary to some posts on this thread, Lowe is no joker. He's not trying to do a Craig Whyte, he's fronting and advising a Hibs-oriented consortium. I trust STF to do what's right by Hibs - as indeed I do both MM and Paul Kane. Early days, but it's good that things are moving forward.

Alfred E Newman
09-08-2014, 07:34 AM
I have to admit after the last few years of watching Rangers and Hearts in trouble and then a few others down south. I'd really be against a takeover. This is just my opinion but its our luck to be the ones to get a shyster and go to the wall and not get Rangers treatment.

We have problems. I know that. We all know that. But i'm happy to have a club.

My feelings exactly. Tom Farmer- Paul Kane? It's no contest.

RIP
09-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Malcolm is a solid hibby and top business man. I've had many dealings with him. From what I've been told farmer quite rightly wants community involvement. I understand this bid doesn't have it.

Would be better if farmer Malcolm and kano got together to produce a model. Which leaves the club in hibernian hands. People that will love and care for it.

From the article it sounds like a rainbow alliance is already forming. With Supporters Direct providing the advice, a consortium of top businessmen with strong Hibs affiliations and the backing of the HSA I would guess they are now becoming the only credible alternative.

Under those circumstances it would appear that Low has been panicked into going public. Can't see STF and RP being happy.

Agree 100% that you should advise Malcolm to have a meeting with that umbrella group of businessmen rather than this Celtic chap. It is crucial that all Hibs-minded groups combine to create a strong future vision. We can't afford to witness a Rangers pantomime here. It's not the Farmer/Petrie way and it's not the Hibs way.

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Have all the Panic Pants Posters recovered yet from worrying about the Troubled Hibs article?

Golden Bear
09-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Could someone explain to me just what exactly "community ownership" would entail? For example how is it funded? Will there be a share issue? Who makes the management decisions? Where does accountability start and stop?

Would it involve Hibernian Supporters world wide or a narrow clique of supposed supporters representatives?

Michael
09-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Our assets are surely worth 15 - 20 million pounds....3.5 sounds ludicrous.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-08-2014, 08:09 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2720455/Hibernian-set-recieve-3-5million-bid-advisor-David-Low-heads-consortium.html

Where on earth did they dig that photo of us up from?

Dearie dearie me..

offshorehibby
09-08-2014, 08:11 AM
The concern i have with new owners is another change in direction. I'm all for and want change at the club. The appointments of Leeann Dempster and George Craig for me has been great, taking the club in the right direction and would hate for this to be cut short before it had time to flourish. I would hate for new owners to come in, pull the plug on what LD & GC are trying to achieve and start from scratch.

greenginger
09-08-2014, 08:12 AM
I have been saying this for at least 5 years.

STF's legacy will far outweigh any financial considerations for him.

And yes I accept his present legacy is a hugely under performing team and club, but form is temporary class is permanent.

There is IMO no chance that our next owners won't be at least in the majority community / fan based.

Whether that gives Kano's consortium a chance?

One things for sure, the new owners will face, minus the Petrie baggage, the same problems as the old.

Quite how these folks will be able to manage Hibs on the same income and expenditure, plus the 5000 additional season tickets sold cause Petrie is gone, substantially better I don't know.

It will certainly be interesting seeing those who have called for further investment delivering it.

It will also be interesting hearing those who have moaned about lack of signings, showing a but ambition etc etc explaining to the support why it's not happening.

I wonder if vast sections of the support, placated by the removal if STF and Petrie will accept these explanations willingly from their "own" people

I don't ****ing think so.

The future might either be better, worse or similar.

One things for sure it won't be the land of milk and honey.

I think the reaction to a new regime at Hibs will be seen by events as they transpire at the PBS.

Super enthusiasm and support initially, a few grumbles and moaners will appear shortly, then all-out hostility to Budge and Bidco if expectations are not satisfied very quickly.

Its just the way fans are and I don't think we are that much different. Cleaner and better looking , yes, but still expect so much. :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
09-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Very concerned with this thread.

I'd imagine that it something that has been fed to the press by a certain journalist, who knows Kano well.

STF / RP will not be fooled by this "bid", but more worrying for us Hibs fan's, is what any future owner would borrow against the assets.

There are very few people looking to plough cash into Scottish football - lets be grateful for what we have in terms of security - it is our club.

Good luck to the boys today.

oneone73
09-08-2014, 08:20 AM

I'd imagine that it something that has been fed to the press by a certain journalist, who knows Kano well.

STF / RP will not be fooled by this "bid", but more worrying for us Hibs fan's, is what any future owner would borrow against the assets.

There are very few people looking to plough cash into Scottish football - lets be grateful for what we have in terms of security - it is our club.

You know that implying Kano has broken a confidentiality agreement is defamatory?

DarlingtonHibee
09-08-2014, 08:24 AM
You know that implying Kano has broken a confidentiality agreement is defamatory?

seems to vary day by day - one day "sorry, cant say anything", next day "we'll have an update in two weeks".

Still Kano not talking to anyone about this - especially his press contact :rolleyes:

Weststandwanab
09-08-2014, 08:29 AM

Really ? on which planet ?

oneone73
09-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Really ? on which planet ?

On the planet where you say a businessman is not to be trusted to uphold a confidentiality agreement, thereby implying he is not one fit to do business with. It's all about reputation.
Anyway, I doubt Kano will be all that bothered by snide remarks on a fans forum.

greenginger
09-08-2014, 08:39 AM

The club assets are already mortgaged to the tune of £ 12 million. A successful bidder would be required to take over and secure that debt to the satisfaction of the lender.

DarlingtonHibee
09-08-2014, 08:40 AM
On the planet where you say a businessman is not to be trusted to uphold a confidentiality agreement, thereby implying he is not one fit to do business with. It's all about reputation.
Anyway, I doubt Kano will be all that bothered by snide remarks on a fans forum.

One question - who are these like minded Hibs fans that want to invest in the club, and secure its long term future ?

It is not snide remarks it is about the long term security of our football club.

Jack
09-08-2014, 08:44 AM

From what I understand the Low, former ninja, negotiations have been going on for a while.

As I wouldn't expect Low or STF to be in the business of time wasting then the Low bid must include all the elements STF is looking for.

Leeann's experience in community ownership was only one part of her expertise in running a football club.

To be honest the only thing we know with any certainty at the moment is that bid is with STF.

I think we're also fairly certain that Forever Hibernian have a bid on the table, and outwith these two bids ...

Leeann Dempster is keen to engage with the support to find out our appetite for fan ownership and what model might be most acceptable to us.