PDA

View Full Version : Commonwealth Games

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Does anybody know if there are any Hibs fans participating for Scotland in the Commonwealth Games? It's just because I noticed Eilidh Child is in the athletics and she's a Yam ST holder apparently.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2014, 03:44 PM
One guy (swimmer I think), is a hibby, his dad is too. Can't remember his name though

scoopyboy
31-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Neil Spiers who is playing second in the fours at bowling is a hibs supporter.

Playing in the semi tonight.

Dave-O
31-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Does anybody know if there are any Hibs fans participating for Scotland in the Commonwealth Games? It's just because I noticed Eilidh Child is in the athletics and she's a Yam ST holder apparently.

Cant stand her, has she given it the 5-1 yet?

desperate as I am to see more medals, I hope she gets pumped......... well not literally. :greengrin

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 03:57 PM

desperate as I am to see more medals, I hope she gets pumped......... well not literally. :greengrin
Yeh, seemingly she wears a maroon bracelet when she races too.

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeh, seemingly she wears a maroon bracelet when she races too.

Oh, hang the bitch. :rolleyes:

GordonHFC
31-07-2014, 04:12 PM
One guy (swimmer I think), is a hibby, his dad is too. Can't remember his name though

Mark Tully is a good hibby.

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Mark Tully is a good hibby.
Yeh, forgot about him, he went to the same school as my wife.

Heedersnvolleys
31-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Dan Wallace the guy that came to final in his kilt.

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Dan Wallace the guy that came to final in his kilt.

Yup, he's Hibs class all right :greengrin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2624785/Dan-Wallace-faces-Commonwealth-Games-axe-US-arrest-urinating-police-car.html

Pete
31-07-2014, 04:29 PM

Does she cheat?

Pretty Boy
31-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Was Childs not the one who told the EEN she was going to give the 5-1 after winning a race last year in some indoors competition in Glasgow?

Sure she came last.

GordonHFC
31-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeh, forgot about him, he went to the same school as my wife.

Oh no you married a 'Belter' (smiley face)

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Eilidh Child "Poster girl for the games"

Aye, if the poster is for a missing rottweiler... :jamboak:

silverhibee
31-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Oh, hang the bitch. :rolleyes:

She was just on STV showing her nice maroon band on her wrist.

Hangin to good for this bitch. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Why is it they play flower of Scotland if we win gold?

It's become traditional in sporting competitions to play the national anthem of the winning nation. :cb

Scottie
31-07-2014, 05:43 PM
That's why I ask, flower of scotland isn't our national anthem.

Are you going to Castle Greyskull next Tuesday night ?
And if you are which end you sitting in ?

Sit in the home end and you can sing God save the Queen all night to your hearts content if that's the anthem of your choice. :rolleyes:

cookin_on_gaz
31-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Are you going to Castle Greyskull next Tuesday night ?
And if you are which end you sitting in ?

Sit in the home end and you can sing God save the Queen all night to your hearts content if that's the anthem of your choice. :rolleyes:

We dont have an official anthem. Traditionally Scotland The Brave was used but I believe the rugby folks began singing Flower of Scotland instead and it caught on and over took Scotland the Brave as the favourite "unofficial" anthem

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 06:02 PM
That's why I ask, flower of scotland isn't our national anthem.
What would you suggest as an alternative?

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 06:07 PM
I don't really mind I was just wondering why that one, how did it get the official consent if you like?
It's less official consent than popular consent, I'd suggest.

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh no you married a 'Belter' (smiley face)
Yup, Euan Burton who got a gold in the judo went there an aw.

Golden Bear
31-07-2014, 07:36 PM
She did didn't she? Nice lap of honour to the Proclaimers though - she'd love that I bet?!

stirling_hibee
31-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Was Childs not the one who told the EEN she was going to give the 5-1 after winning a race last year in some indoors competition in Glasgow?

Sure she came last.

She seemed to do a sneaky 5-1 to her mates in the crowd after the race there. Whatever you're into love but if i were you I would be more concerned with losing a race you have spent two years preparing for, or celebrating my own achievement, than petty points scoring.

Still wished she had won though!

coco22
31-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Great to see another Scots medal at the Commy Games - well done Eilidh Child! Even better that they made a big deal of her and her supporters sporting maroon and being massive yams...

Then dancing and celebrating to the proclaimers. I know it's not about football but made me laugh

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Great to see another Scots medal at the Commy Games - well done Eilidh Child! Even better that they made a big deal of her and her supporters sporting maroon and being massive yams...

Then dancing and celebrating to the proclaimers. I know it's not about football but made me laugh

:greengrin as soon as 500 miles finished i wanted sunshine on leith just to annoy her and her family even more. :wink:

LaMotta
31-07-2014, 07:43 PM

wee mention for Hibs as well :greengrin

Weststandwanab
31-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Loved that thank you to whomever organised the 500 !

GordonHFC
31-07-2014, 07:47 PM
It's a bit sad that the first thing you feel you need to do when you win a silver medal at a Commonwealth Games is go straight to the crowd and do a 5 1

Classless

coco22
:greengrin as soon as 500 miles finished i wanted sunshine on leith just to annoy her and her family even more. :wink:

They wouldnae have done it the right way. Only ever one proper Hampden SoL!

coco22
It's a bit sad that the first thing you feel you need to do when you win a silver medal at a Commonwealth Games is go straight to the crowd and do a 5 1

Classless
Missed that!

Brightside
she does herself no favours with the 5-1 baws. It should be about her and her achievements.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-07-2014, 07:48 PM

Classless

:agree:

stirling_hibee
31-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Nice to see that in the biggest moment of her career her first thought is to try to wind hibees up, and they call us obsessed!

James.
31-07-2014, 07:51 PM

Classless

Can see her giving it big licks on the podium too with the 5-1 - nae class indeed! :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
31-07-2014, 07:53 PM
See the more we get wound up about the 5-1 sign, the more that shower will keep doing it.

Ignore it. It was a pish day, it hurt like ****, I'm over it.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-07-2014, 07:58 PM
See the more we get wound up about the 5-1 sign, the more that shower will keep doing it.

Ignore it. It was a pish day, it hurt like ****, I'm over it.

Not wound up, just disappointed that a Scottish athlete performing at Hampden with most of the country behind her; the biggest moment of career, can think that's the appropriate way to behave. Whole family in their maroon shirts looked like a bunch of loonies so she probably never stood much chance to be fair.

cocopops1875
31-07-2014, 08:00 PM
As I said to my yam mate, she was over celebrating finishing 2nd while mocking us for finishing 2nd, she seems bright

Pretty Boy
31-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Not wound up, just disappointed that a Scottish athlete performing at Hampden with most of the country behind her; the biggest moment of career, can think that's the appropriate way to behave. Whole family in their maroon shirts looked like a bunch of loonies so she probably never stood much chance to be fair.

If that's their mentality it says more about them than anything.

Despite that lots claim to the contrary no one outside of Edinburgh, Scotland at a push, gives or gave a toss about that game. No one would know what she was on about, she made herself look daft really.

Jay
31-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Nice to see that in the biggest moment of her career her first thought is to try to wind hibees up, and they call us obsessed!

And it's working according to this thread. All these posts just fuel their fire.

Hibby Bairn
31-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Absolutely. All Scotland behind her and she starts that nonsense. What a silly girl.

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Me too!:greengrin

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Dunno where her family luv-in with the Yams comes from either, she's from Perth isn't she?

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 08:30 PM
There's some bitter folk on this thread.

Personally, I think that's a superb achievement.

The Falcon
31-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Does she cheat?

Not sure but I think we may find her (relative) success will also be funded by the taxpayer.

marinello59
31-07-2014, 08:45 PM
A young woman indulging in a awe bit of banter gets to grown men enough to have them typing pretty disgusting misogynist crap. Pathetic.

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 08:48 PM
A young woman indulging in a awe bit of banter gets to grown men enough to have them typing pretty disgusting misogynist crap. Pathetic.

Absolutely agree.

DarrenSQH
31-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Pathetic celebrations at being the first loser.

Rather have Michael Jamiesons attitude "I didn't train to finish second"

GordonHFC
31-07-2014, 08:52 PM

Don't think my comments were mysogynistic in any way, shape or form.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Theres must've been some magic posts on my thread on the other sports page if this thread is still going.

Hibby Bairn
31-07-2014, 09:02 PM
There's some bitter folk on this thread.

Personally, I think that's a superb achievement.

I don't think anyone would disagree. But she was running for Scotland at "our" home Commie Games. She should have just done her lap of honour and we would all have applauded her.

Silly girl.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-07-2014, 09:03 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/01/y7a9u2ab.jpg

A million face palms

Hiber-nation
31-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I don't think anyone would disagree. But she was running for Scotland at "our" home Commie Games. She should have just done her lap of honour and we would all have applauded her.

Silly girl.

Exactly. Absolutely nae need for it at all.

Very "Childish".

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Absolutely agree.

You're just annoyed cos something to do with CWG is getting pelters!

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Exactly. Absolutely nae need for it at all.

Very "Childish".

And there is even less need for some of the bitterness that has been displayed on this thread. While that still happens, such silly wind-ups will continue.

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 09:13 PM
You're just annoyed cos something to do with CWG is getting pelters!

V V V :greengrin

Being pedantic, it's CG :cb

BH Hibs
31-07-2014, 09:16 PM

OK but there would have been Hibbys in that crowd paying good money to watch and probably even support her. Bit of a **** you to them. If she puts herself out there with silly nonsense then she will get stuff back.

Hiber-nation
31-07-2014, 09:39 PM
And there is even less need for some of the bitterness that has been displayed on this thread. While that still happens, such silly wind-ups will continue.

I was happy she got a silver. But as "poster girl" she should really be above all this daftness.

Don't like the nasty sexist comments at all though..

lyonhibs
31-07-2014, 10:12 PM
An awful lot of growing - and manning - the f*** up required on this thread I feel.

H18Y GW
31-07-2014, 10:52 PM
OK but there would have been Hibbys in that crowd paying good money to watch and probably even support her. Bit of a **** you to them. If she puts herself out there with silly nonsense then she will get stuff back.

This .......:top marksI know of three that never clapped from there seat at Hampden tonight.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 10:56 PM
V V V :greengrin

Being pedantic, it's CG :cb

Who paid her trainers fees though CWG? ;-)

Smartie
31-07-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't know her but I grew up in Kinross (as she did) and know a few members of her family. Not many Jambos or Hibbies up there and her family are all Jambos and mine all Hibbies. They were happy to dish it out and take it, no malice, just banter. Great folk and I'm delighted for her and for them tonight.

Some folk seriously need to get over it. A seriously financially doped team pumped a crap one, aided and abetted by a "questionable" official and they have a hand gesture that they find hilarious.

Get over it.

ekhibee
31-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Although I agree some of the stuff said about Child was OTT, it wasn't Hibs fans who initiated this. She didn't exactly help her cause by doing the '5-1' thing, and surely at the 'friendly' games, her only concern should have been celebrating getting a medal for Scotland, not doing the same as BBC Yamsound and exploiting the media to promote her own football prejudices. Surely that kind of thing could have been saved for the Evening News, she'd find plenty of friends on there. In any case, the question I asked in the opening post has already been answered.

My_Wife_Camille
01-08-2014, 12:51 AM
A Hearts **** is a Hearts **** regardless of gender. Disappointed she never finished last.

SteveHFC
01-08-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't know her but I grew up in Kinross (as she did) and know a few members of her family. Not many Jambos or Hibbies up there and her family are all Jambos and mine all Hibbies. They were happy to dish it out and take it, no malice, just banter. Great folk and I'm delighted for her and for them tonight.

Some folk seriously need to get over it. A seriously financially doped team pumped a crap one, aided and abetted by a "questionable" official and they have a hand gesture that they find hilarious.

Get over it.

:top marks Spot on mate

macd123
01-08-2014, 02:41 AM
To be fair to the old firm supporters there has been no football nonsense at the games so far. Can you imagine the family all turning up in rangers tops?

But it was slightly amusing she was "miffed" at 500 miles playing on her lap of honour! :na na:

James70
01-08-2014, 05:20 AM
She may be a class runner but her behaviour was completely lacking in class and was child-ish in the extreme. Still, if it keeps all the ******s over at Gorgie amused then hey-ho. I wonder who it was that nominated her as the poster girl for the games, wee soapy perhaps?

Pete
01-08-2014, 06:02 AM
I don't know why so many people are discussing this as nobody was watching anyway. People only take an interest when the real events are on: the ones involving the men.

:cool2:

Turkish Green
01-08-2014, 07:54 AM

Get over it.

Very much this. The yams do it because they know it winds the Hibs fans up so. The more they do it the more we are wound up. Apart from the 7-0 result over 40 years ago what do we have to wind up the yams, ow they are no longer in admin. and Hibs got relegated with them?

Hibrandenburg
01-08-2014, 08:12 AM

It also looks more like she's doing a 7 in the photo I saw.

ronaldo7
01-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Give me Erraid Davies any time. That's the way to win a medal and win friends.

Rattler
01-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Congratulations to her on winning silver, but do some people really have to lower themselves to this.....?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonwealth-games/28597790

"Hearts supporter Child celebrated with a 5-1 sign with her hands - in reference to the result in the 2012 Scottish Cup final victory over Edinburgh rivals Hibernian."

Oscar T Grouch
01-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Cos she's a hearts fan?

Hamish
01-08-2014, 09:02 AM
You think if we had won 5-1 none of us would still be doing it?

Ringothedog
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Congratulations to her on winning silver, but do some people really have to lower themselves to this.....?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonwealth-games/28597790

"Hearts supporter Child celebrated with a 5-1 sign with her hands - in reference to the result in the 2012 Scottish Cup final victory over Edinburgh rivals Hibernian."

Who cares ? I certainly don't. It says a lot about her and her limited intelligence that she feels it is necessary to do a 1 - 5 sign during one of the biggest and most important days of her life. This to an audience that 99.9% of them would not even understand the significance of the hand sign.Sad little woman. Everyone to their own eh!

Ringothedog
01-08-2014, 09:07 AM
You think if we had won 5-1 none of us would still be doing it?

More than likely I would still be doing it BUT only at ER or the PBS

Famous Fiver
01-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Classless and exactly what you would expect from a typical yam airhead.

Sponsored by public money, does she not give a damn that her paedophile tolerant repulsive club failed to pay tax, council tax, fleeced charities, cheated the very people who are funding her?

The crowd sing along to celebrate her defeat and she tells the world she doesn't like it!!

Aye, right hen. Classy bird my jaxie.

Ricky Bobby
01-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Congratulations to her for winning silver. I hope that along with the other girls they can go one better in the relay and do a lap of honour for actually winning something.
It would also be good to see the crowd partying along to the Proclaimers again.

18Craig75
01-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Well done to her - she's just not Hibs class!

CropleyWasGod
01-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Well done to her - she's just not Hibs class!

As opposed to Dan "Victor Palsson" Wallace, who clearly is. :greengrin

JimBHibees
01-08-2014, 10:16 AM
As opposed to Dan "Victor Palsson" Wallace, who clearly is. :greengrin

Does seem a wee bit odd with the maroon tops and 5-1 signs when representing your country at a home Commonwealth games however she ran brilliantly and that is the most important thing.

LancashireHibby
01-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I find it quite entertaining that it's undoubtedly the biggest moment of her life....and she thinks of Hibs.

GordonHFC
01-08-2014, 10:52 AM
My argument is, how many other competitors in the Commonwealth Games have deliberately gone out to rip the crap out of a % of the people she is there to represent. Not called for and not clever.

marinello59
01-08-2014, 10:58 AM
My argument is, how many other competitors in the Commonwealth Games have deliberately gone out to rip the crap out of a % of the people she is there to represent. Not called for and not clever.

It wasn't the smartest thing to do but 'rip the crap'? If a simple hand gesture is 'ripping the crap' then fitba fans really have become the most sensitive souls in society. Whatever happened to our sense of humour?

GordonHFC
01-08-2014, 11:05 AM
It wasn't the smartest thing to do but 'rip the crap'? If a simple hand gesture is 'ripping the crap' then fitba fans really have become the most sensitive souls in society. Whatever happened to our sense of humour?
What do you suggest her aim was then?

marinello59
01-08-2014, 11:11 AM

Banter?
I heard her comment on it last night and it was obvious she didn't take it that seriously or realise that some Hibs fans would react with such bitterness.

Sergey
01-08-2014, 11:15 AM

Nicky Campbell interviewed her on Radio 5 Live this morning and asked about the 5-1 gesture. Child joked that she was being egged on by members of her family to do it and she did it for a laugh.

Campbell then joked about 7-0 being a bigger score and she joking (with the emphasis on jokingly) said she didn't want to talk about that result.

She said that Hibs had the last laugh with the crowd belting out "500 miles"

Child actually came over as a fun sounding (and intelligent) girl and what she did certainly wasn't a GIRFUY gesture.

You might be able to catch the interview on iPlayer. It was the last item on the breakfast show at about 08.55

GordonHFC
01-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Probably a fine line between them both. We have differing opinions which is what the board is all about.

Jim44
01-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I couldn't give a toss about her ill-timed banter but I'm amazed at the plaudits she is receiving from all corners, considering she lost the race. She's getting more media attention and praise than all of the many competitors who actually came out on top of their discipline.

Mr White
01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Pa kujabi got a silver medal at Hampden too. Don't think he was as chuffed with his though. Loser mentality there Eilidh :greengrin
Jambo irony bypass strikes again...

poolman
01-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Gabby Logan looks like she's just finished a shift in Sainsbury's

Pete
02-08-2014, 05:22 AM
After watching the Child incident and the interviews afterwards I have to say that it's a load of nonsense. She was apologetic afterwards and it's obvious she doesn't really want to upset anyone (#eventhingsup, #sorry).
It certainly wasn't taking the mick as it was only up for a micro second and looked like it was almost done under duress. She looked almost worried doing it during the Claire Balding interview, which was a little sad in a way.

Regardless of your parentage, there are easier options when it comes to liking football in this country when you live in Perth. If she supported one of those "easy options" and had given a hand sign in jest towards her rivals then she would have probably received numerous death threats by now.

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Has she failed the drugs test?

over the line
02-08-2014, 11:46 AM
The divers hit the water at 34mph apparently, that's amazing! That would hurt if you belly flopped it!!! :eek:

Pretty Boy
02-08-2014, 12:04 PM
The divers hit the water at 34mph apparently, that's amazing! That would hurt if you belly flopped it!!! :eek:

Watching a bit of the diving this morning.

How old is the young English guy? Looks about 11.

Mr White
02-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Watching a bit of the diving this morning.

How old is the young English guy? Looks about 11.

14 apparently. Definitely looks younger.

ekhibee
02-08-2014, 12:49 PM
I was watching the boxing yesterday and a Scots guy, Taylor, has got through to the final, but the guy he's going to be fighting, from Namibia, looks different class.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2014, 01:27 PM
I was watching the boxing yesterday and a Scots guy, Taylor, has got through to the final, but the guy he's going to be fighting, from Namibia, looks different class.

Josh boxes out of Lochend, or he certainly used to.

Great boxer but going to be a tough, tough ask tonight.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Solid win for Paddy Barnes of Northern Ireland. 1st man to retain a Commonwealth boxing title.

Few more Home Nations fighters still to come in the boxing.

ekhibee
02-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Solid win for Paddy Barnes of Northern Ireland. 1st man to retain a Commonwealth boxing title.

Few more Home Nations fighters still to come in the boxing.
Yeh, Conlon's just won the flyweight title.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Taylor bossing the 1st round there. Great start.

ekhibee
02-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Taylor bossing the 1st round there. Great start.
An excellent gold for Scotland that. Before the fight I couldn't see it happening, but he boxed an excellent fight, particularly in the 1st 2 rounds.

Hibby Bairn
02-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Alright it's a pretty awful day weather wise. But do the English athletes think they live in some kind of Med Riviera? Costa del Manchester?

Mon Dieu4
02-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Big Usain is loving the Proclaimers there, that will do me:top marks:na na::not worth

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Does everybody else think the smaller the splash the better dive? I'm only talking about the commy pool tho!

Hiber-nation
02-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Alright it's a pretty awful day weather wise. But do the English athletes think they live in some kind of Med Riviera? Costa del Manchester?

Couldn't believe that lassie Philip moaning about the weather...unreal.

Highlights for me have to be Lynsey Sharp, Ross Murdoch, Dan Wallace & wee Erraid Davies.

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Couldn't believe that lassie Philip moaning about the weather...unreal.

Highlights for me have to be Lynsey Sharp, Ross Murdoch, Dan Wallace & wee Erraid Davies.

They were really unlucky that the Nigerian and Jamaican teams are more used to the rain than them.

It didn't affect the men's team too much though.

macd123
03-08-2014, 04:28 AM
After watching the Child incident and the interviews afterwards I have to say that it's a load of nonsense. She was apologetic afterwards and it's obvious she doesn't really want to upset anyone (#eventhingsup, #sorry).
It certainly wasn't taking the mick as it was only up for a micro second and looked like it was almost done under duress. She looked almost worried doing it during the Claire Balding interview, which was a little sad in a way.

Regardless of your parentage, there are easier options when it comes to liking football in this country when you live in Perth. If she supported one of those "easy options" and had given a hand sign in jest towards her rivals then she would have probably received numerous death threats by now.

I don't think so considering her instagram address is eilidh1902!

It's not a big deal, shes a jambo.