PDA

View Full Version : Is Rod Petrie Still Around?

Turkish Green
31-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I have mellowed somewhat since the 25 May 2014. My anger at relegation has subsided and I am far more positive for the season ahead under LD and AS. However, is Petrie still hanging around the corridors of ER? Is Petrie still turning up at the pre-season games?

Is it just me that gets angry every time I see his face in the context of Hibernian FC? As far as I am concerned I'd be happy if he stayed totally out of the limelight even if he is still has his fingers in the pie. Is he really a non-executive executive?

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 12:15 PM
He's the Chairman. More brass neck than Campbell Ogilvie.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-07-2014, 12:17 PM
I have mellowed somewhat since the 25 May 2014. My anger at relegation has subsided and I am far more positive for the season ahead under LD and AS. However, is Petrie still hanging around the corridors of ER? Is Petrie still turning up at the pre-season games?

Is it just me that gets angry every time I see his face in the context of Hibernian FC? As far as I am concerned I'd be happy if he stayed totally out of the limelight even if he is still has his fingers in the pie. Is he really a non-executive executive?

Still around sadly. Was at the game yesterday.

CropleyWasGod

A whit? :greengrin

Coco Bryce
Yep was at the game last night.

lucky
31-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Should still resign but he wont

Smartie
31-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Yep was at the game last night.

Did he get much flak? That will have been his first public appearance associated to Hibs since relegation will it not?

PatHead
31-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Did he get much flak? That will have been his first public appearance associated to Hibs since relegation will it not?

No was at DU games at least and never got flack

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 12:32 PM
He's done his usual, sack the manager, put out the message everything's changed and carried on as before. With fewer Hibs fans each time he does it but just enough to keep the show on the road for him.
Petrie Out campaign has died a death already.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Farmer has asked for a confidentiality agreement re takeover talks, as long as STF is the owner Petrie won't be going anywhere. If/When a takeover takes place thats when we'll get rid of the man and not before.

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Farmer has asked for a confidentiality agreement re takeover talks, as long as STF is the owner Petrie won't be going anywhere. If/When a takeover takes place thats when we'll get rid of the man and not before.

They seriously need to pick up the pace.

drumatic44
31-07-2014, 01:11 PM
People , while Sir T.F. is there, R.P. will still be around , get used to it !!
Allez les Vertes Originales. !!

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 01:17 PM
People , while Sir T.F. is there, R.P. will still be around , get used to it !!
Allez les Vertes Originales. !!

Problem is that a lot of people are going to be getting used to it from the comfort of their own home.

marinello59
31-07-2014, 01:27 PM
He's done his usual, sack the manager, put out the message everything's changed and carried on as before. With fewer Hibs fans each time he does it but just enough to keep the show on the road for him.
Petrie Out campaign has died a death already.

Except for handing the day to day running of the club over to Dempster that is. I want the man gone but why pretend that change hasn't already taken place?

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Except for handing the day to day running of the club over to Dempster that is. I want the man gone but why pretend that change hasn't already taken place?

Hasn't that been done before as well?

marinello59
31-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Hasn't that been done before as well?

Dempster says she is in charge. You can choose to call her a liar if you want and continue to talk everything positive down. . I am happy to believe that she is in control. Not everything about our club is bad you know. Of course this conversation has been done several times before so nothing I say will convince you that ANY sort of change for the good has taken place.

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Dempster says she is in charge. You can choose to call her a liar if you want and continue to talk everything positive down. . I am happy to believe that she is in control. Not everything about our club is bad you know. Of course this conversation has been done several times before so nothing I say will convince you that ANY sort of change for the good has taken place.

I believe that Dempster is in charge. The problem with Petrie is he is keeping a lot of fans away.
I'm just trying to be realistic about where we are. We are in the lower tier of Scottish football and only third favourites to be promoted. The person most responsible for this still thinks he should be the club chairman. It's hard to turn that into a positive.

Greenworld
31-07-2014, 02:06 PM
I believe that Dempster is in charge. The problem with Petrie is he is keeping a lot of fans away.
I'm just trying to be realistic about where we are. We are in the lower tier of Scottish football and only third favourites to be promoted. The person most responsible for this still thinks he should be the club chairman. It's hard to turn that into a positive.
As with all things in life you cant get everything you want I think a lot has been delivered. It is worrying if you are indicating fans are not going to go or buy season tickets because of petrie in the end were only hampering AS efforts to improve the team....

a few early wins are vital however to get the fans on board

Mathias Jack
31-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Do you think it last week's poor attendance solely to do with Petrie? Or because of last season? Or because it would 'ruin' folks otherwise lazy Sunday afternoon? Or a bit of everything?

Just wondered if it was a sign of a thing to come for this season? :confused:

marinello59
31-07-2014, 02:29 PM

But you have. Over a couple of posts you have moved from Petrie just carrying on as before to having handed power over to Dempster which surely is a positive.
You'll be a card carrying happy clapper by the end of this thread. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Do you think it last week's poor attendance solely to do with Petrie? Or because of last season? Or because it would 'ruin' folks otherwise lazy Sunday afternoon? Or a bit of everything?

A bit of everything. We should try and deal with as many of those as possible.
A winning team on the park bring many back.

Golden Bear
31-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Ah, I wondered when the sleekit weekly Petrie thread would appear.

Lest we forget eh!

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Ah, I wondered when the sleekit weekly Petrie thread would appear.

Lest we forget eh!

A good few have and are carrying on as before.

marinello59
31-07-2014, 03:27 PM
A good few have and are carrying on as before.

What on earth does that mean, carrying on as before? :confused:

Liberal Hibby
31-07-2014, 04:10 PM
He's the Chairman. More brass neck than Campbell Ogilvie.

Of course. A man who's run a tight ship, paid all the company's liabilities as they fall due, built some of the most modern footballing infrastructure in the country has more brass neck than a man who has overseen the collapse of two sporting institutions, ripping off dozens of local people and businessesand leaving multi million pound debt to the taxman that has to be filled by you and me.

Aye right.

silverhibee
31-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Of course. A man who's run a tight ship, paid all the company's liabilities as they fall due, built some of the most modern footballing infrastructure in the country has more brass neck than a man who has overseen the collapse of two sporting institutions, ripping off dozens of local people and businessesand leaving multi million pound debt to the taxman that has to be filled by you and me.

Aye right.

And. We still got relegated, well done Rod Petrie for running a tight ship and parading the bank balance each season, even though STF had to bung money in at the end of each season because the tight ship was leaking money, bailing Rod the accountant out, what a guy.

As for the tramps in Gorgie cheating and bumping folk, the big punishment was 15 point deduction for it that got them relegated, i can see more clubs going down that route and coming out debt free at the end, but we will keep with the tight ship and still get relegated, if players managers coaching staff and others that worked at Hibs but lost or may lose there job because we were relegated then Rod Petrie should have resigned from his position at Hibernian FC by now, he is not wanted at our club anymore, and if there is talk of a takeover then Petrie should not bother showing his face again at ER.

What a mess the club is in and he is the man that runs it all, he should be put on gardening leave with the three donkeys he brought to the club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Quite right SH. You've got to love the infrastructure though. I wonder who the next club in Scotland will be to spend so much on off pitch investments. I don't wonder that much as nobody will.

bongo'd
31-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Problem is that a lot of people are going to be getting used to it from the comfort of their own home.

While I realise this is some people's stance, and they are well within their rights to vote with their feet. Do you believe that if he was to leave then there would be a sudden influx of renewed ST's or higher attendances??

I can't see that being the case and only a team that gives entertainment on a Saturday while winning will, slowly, bring the fans back.

eastterrace
31-07-2014, 06:40 PM

many was at the dundee united game, it looked busy but with the famous five stand shut maybe that was a false impression

SunshineOnLeith
31-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I believe that Dempster is in charge. .

So not "carrying on as before", then?

Golden Bear
31-07-2014, 06:59 PM
While I realise this is some people's stance, and they are well within their rights to vote with their feet. Do you believe that if he was to leave then there would be a sudden influx of renewed ST's or higher attendances??

I can't see that being the case and only a team that gives entertainment on a Saturday while winning will, slowly, bring the fans back.

That's the crux of the matter.

Argylehibby
31-07-2014, 07:05 PM

I can't see how RP can take the mantle of "most responsible" among all those who have had a hand in our relegation. Terry Butcher took a club going nowhere and drove it downhill. He was given the opportunity to change things in January but elected not to and we as a club paid the price for his arrogance and folly. I don't dispute that Rod Petrie has to accept some of the blame as do Pat Fenlon, other board members the players and a number of other people or groups. But if apportioning blame must take place, Terry Butcher surely has to stand head and shoulders above everyone else.

For what it's worth I do believe that for the benefit of the club Rod should move over. I don't think Leeann will be accepted as being in control while he remains on the scene and for many fans their involvement with the club will diminish or cease until he does go.

Out of curiosity, who else do you blame and to what extent?

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 07:13 PM

No, I agree with you that the fans will have to be won back.

Onion
31-07-2014, 07:50 PM

THIS. He's played a blinder, knowing that the mob would be pacified in time, with little effort. Petrie's real problems will start once we lose a few games and the baying mob need to vent.

HibbyDave
31-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Is Rod still around? Unfortunately yes.
He should walk ASAP and sell his shareholding to the highest bidder from the fanbase with a guaranteed place on the bird for the highest bidder. All cash to the player budget!

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I don't understand why the dislike of one manwould be sufficient reason to stop doing something you allegedly love, watching the hibees.

HibbyDave
31-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I don't understand why the dislike of one manwould be sufficient reason to stop doing something you allegedly love, watching the hibees.

It's because he is killing the club we love that people are simply disillusioned. Oh yes and so is TV killing football.

Liberal Hibby
31-07-2014, 08:58 PM
He should walk ASAP and sell his shareholding to the highest bidder from the fanbase with a guaranteed place on the bird for the highest bidder. All cash to the player budget!

My understanding is that he doesn't actually have any shares in Hibs themselves - but 10% in a company in which the other 90% is owned by STF. And it's this company that owns most of Hibs.

So it isn't a question of buying 10% of Hibs - it's buying 10% of a Farmer owned company that may or may not have other interests other than HFC.

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 08:59 PM
My understanding is that he doesn't actually have any shares in Hibs themselves - but 10% in a company in which the other 90% is owned by STF. And it's this company that owns most of Hibs.

So it isn't a question of buying 10% of Hibs - it's buying 10% of a Farmer owned company that may or may not have other interests other than HFC.

This is correct.

lEXO
31-07-2014, 09:00 PM

I totally agree.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2014, 09:01 PM
I do wonder When Rods finally gone what will the anti-Rods move one to?

I too believe his time has been served but this (energy draining) obsession with obsessions does us few favours....

jdships
31-07-2014, 09:01 PM

You are absolutely correct :thumbsup:

The Falcon
31-07-2014, 09:06 PM

This is correct.

Being pedantic I think RP has 5000 shares. He certainly used to although it is an insignificant amount in the overall scheme of things.

Kato
31-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Is it just me that gets angry every time I see his face in the context of Hibernian FC?

For me supporting the manager and the team is far more important than getting "angry". If you're a Hibs fan surely you can see that? As a "normal" fan I can see there is stuff in the background afoot to "solve" his presence, but stirring and qualifying your support because he's still here detracts from supporting the team.

Have thought about ways to channel your mood productively?

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Being pedantic I think RP has 5000 shares. He certainly used to although it is an insignificant amount in the overall scheme of things.

There's no mention of that in the accounts. As a director, it should be noted.

jdships
31-07-2014, 09:18 PM

Not shown in last set of accounts !

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Not sure Mrs Dempster would appreciate that?

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 10:31 PM
For me supporting the manager and the team is far more important than getting "angry". If you're a Hibs fan surely you can see that? As a "normal" fan I can see there is stuff in the background afoot to "solve" his presence, but stirring and qualifying your support because he's still here detracts from supporting the team.

That's what we've been doing for the last 7 years. It not going great, is it?

down-the-slope
31-07-2014, 10:32 PM

:rolleyes: so you expect Rod to sell his shareholding and then donate all the proceeds back to the Club for player budget :crazy:

FranckSuzy
31-07-2014, 10:40 PM

Ms :wink: :greengrin

FranckSuzy
31-07-2014, 10:42 PM
To be honest, I don't give a t$ss that RP is still at our club IF we go back up at the first time of asking and the team plays attractive, attacking football.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Will you give a toss if we don't go up? Yet another year with him hanging about the place.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 10:50 PM
FWIW I don't think we will, crossing everything isnae what it should be about to achieve our goal.

silverhibee
31-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Quite right SH. You've got to love the infrastructure though. I wonder who the next club in Scotland will be to spend so much on off pitch investments. I don't wonder that much as nobody will.

http://blog.frooition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/build-it-and-they-will-come-v2.jpg

monktonharp
31-07-2014, 11:08 PM

Is it just me that gets angry every time I see his face in the context of Hibernian FC? As far as I am concerned I'd be happy if he stayed totally out of the limelight even if he is still has his fingers in the pie. Is he really a non-executive executive? aye, still hingin aboot like a bad smell, hence the lack of movement on ST sales

monktonharp
31-07-2014, 11:18 PM
should not be forgotten for his contribution to bringing us up to scratch, regarding the TS, the restructuring of the buildings, the stands etc. the work had to be done, or we could have been left with a shambolic East stand, with a quaint sort of romantic theme to it but lets be honest, it was a tip. he let us, hibenian fc,
and most of all himself down when he tried pennypinching on the park and with managers . he got unlucky by not punting Calderwood and it was doon hill thereafter. time he left

Cameron1875
01-08-2014, 12:10 AM
I just don't understand how the man appears to feel no shame everytime he enters Easter Road.

Is he that smug and self-righteous that he simply doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks of him?
IMO LD cannot totally run the place until Petrie is as far removed from ER as possible.

A spineless, coward of a man desperate to cling onto his position at Hibs so he can have some tea an scones on a cosy flight away with the Scotland national team.

RIP Bestie
01-08-2014, 01:12 AM
People always like to make a scapegoat. There is a massive love in for Dempster just now. If it all goes well it will be down to her, if it goes tits up it will be Petries fault. He knows that. I agree with you though that some people are hiding behind the Petrie thing just because they can't be bothered getting out and following their team.

RIP Bestie
01-08-2014, 01:17 AM
I just don't understand how the man appears to feel no shame everytime he enters Easter Road.

Is he that smug and self-righteous that he simply doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks of him?
IMO LD cannot totally run the place until Petrie is as far removed from ER as possible.

A spineless, coward of a man desperate to cling onto his position at Hibs so he can have some tea an scones on a cosy flight away with the Scotland national team.
Nonsense. A spineless coward would surely have slinked away into the shadows never to be seen again and avoided making any difficult decisions. You can call Petrie what you want but he ain't a coward and he's certainly not spineless.

Beefster
01-08-2014, 05:46 AM
It's because he is killing the club we love that people are simply disillusioned. Oh yes and so is TV killing football.

"Rod's killing the club we love. I'm going to stop going to the games because that'll help get the club back on its feet."

Stonewall
01-08-2014, 06:28 AM
should not be forgotten for his contribution to bringing us up to scratch, regarding the TS, the restructuring of the buildings, the stands etc. the work had to be done, or we could have been left with a shambolic East stand, with a quaint sort of romantic theme to it but lets be honest, it was a tip. he let us, hibenian fc,
and most of all himself down when he tried pennypinching on the park and with managers . he got unlucky by not punting Calderwood and it was doon hill thereafter. time he left

The way I see it Petrie remained in post well passed his sell by date which in my opinion was on the completion of the East Stand. The budgets we were giving our managers were competitive but I think if there was penny pinching going on it was in terms of missing out on targeted players whether because he wasn't prepared to be held to ransom by agents or wasn't prepared to pay more than his assessment of a player's worth to get them in early. He hasn't helped himself by his non-existent PR skills and his decision not to replace Fife Hyland was a poor one.

For what it's worth I am optimistic about the long-term future and here's why. McLeish was a fine manager for us and left a legacy in terms of getting the right people in post to deliver a productive youth system. This allowed Mowbray to impose a playing philosophy on the club, the appointment of Collins was an attempt to continue this. In the plethora of subsequent managerial appointments the idea of a playing philosophy supported by a stable structure and top notch individuals has become lost and been replaced by short termism, neglect and instability. It is allowing this situation to occur which has been Petrie's main fault in my opinion.

From what I've seen so far LD and AS are attempting to get us back to basics and if they have good judgement, patience and backing I think we have grounds for hope.

I would prefer if Petrie went but can live with the current situation. As I have said before if LD isn't given the freedom to do here job she will walk. It simply isn't worth her professional reputation to remain in post under such circumstances.

Turkish Green
01-08-2014, 06:51 AM

My support is not qualified. I admit that I was unhappy after the Hamilton debacle but I am behind LD and AS, if not RP.

My anger management councilor advised me the same. I was told to channel my anger towards one point and focus on it. I chose to focus my anger on a mustache perched on a baw face. It works well except when I see it in the flesh.

Let RP stay away from ER and I will be happy.

Lucius Apuleius
01-08-2014, 07:55 AM

I would say he has done the exact opposite of trying to kill us. He might have ran us in a way we do not agree with but I do believe he did it for the correct reasons. The time is definitely here for him to step aside and this he has done, passing the reins to Leeann. You either believe that or you don't. Nobody can make you change your mind. I happen to believe it. No matter if he had not, I would still support Hibs in anyway I can. One man is not going to ruin my weekly "enjoyment". As for TV killing football, that is a totally different argument or discussion.

The Falcon
01-08-2014, 08:09 AM
There's no mention of that in the accounts. As a director, it should be noted.

Not shown in last set of accounts !

That might be why I was a bit unsure. He was listed when the accounts (abbreviated) used to show the shareholdings of the directors on the 2nd or 3rd page and it appeared all directors had a shareholding of 5000. He/they may no longer have them.

sparkiedelpaco7
01-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Can someone, without starting a major rant, tell me what Petrie has done so much worse in comparison to everyone else.

He did EXACTLY what STF asked him to do, which was make the club financially stable.

At least 75% of the people on here wanted Butcher so the club went and got Butcher.

Smartie
01-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Can someone, without starting a major rant, tell me what Petrie has done so much worse in comparison to everyone else.

He did EXACTLY what STF asked him to do, which was make the club financially stable.

At least 75% of the people on here wanted Butcher so the club went and got Butcher.

In short, the horrible mismanagement of the football side of the club - a FOOTBALL club - over an extended period. Leadership isn't necessarily just giving the fans what they want all the time. There is already a tangible difference now that LD is in place. Strangely, I think that her appointment may prove to be the best thing he ever does for us.

I think it's right to acknowledge that he's done well to get as much as he did in transfer fees for the golden generation, invest in top-notch infrastructure that is the envy of many of our competitors and balance the books throughout.

He has absolutely failed to build on this very solid platform (at a time that has seen Hearts and Rangers in disarray) and rightly comes in for criticism.

HibbyDave
01-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Cheers. I must have fell asleep at some time! (Nothing new there). He did have 5000 shares at one time as I remember thinking it was actually a very small amount of shares to hold when he had so much influence at the club. Anyway, I still think he should leave the building asap.

TV-yes its a different argument, apologies , I was just ranting at the computer!

NAE NOOKIE
01-08-2014, 10:30 AM

He has been in total control of Hibernian football club for the last number of years. At some point he must take responsibility for its failure at what it is supposed to do.

Kato
01-08-2014, 10:35 AM
My support is not qualified.

I think you'll find it is.

I admit that I was unhappy after the Hamilton debacle but I am behind LD and AS, if not RP.
My anger management councilor advised me the same. I was told to channel my anger towards one point and focus on it. I chose to focus my anger on a mustache perched on a baw face. It works well except when I see it in the flesh.

Did your Anger Management Councilor tell you it was unhealthy for you to try and coax anger out of others?

Let RP stay away from ER and I will be happy.

There's your qualification. If you and others allow Petrie's presence to detract from your support of the team, which you admit you find difficult, then your not really supportng the team.

Ozyhibby
01-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Have the Petrie Out campaign got anything planned for the Livingston game?

Kato
01-08-2014, 10:44 AM

Hope not.

marinello59
01-08-2014, 10:47 AM

The first competitive home game of the season? Personally I am looking forward to a good day out supporting Hibs.

Ozyhibby
01-08-2014, 10:50 AM
The first competitive home game of the season? Personally I am looking forward to a good day out supporting Hibs.

Me too. :-) just asking the question.
Is the campaign over now?

marinello59
01-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Me too. :-) just asking the question.
Is the campaign over now?

Isn't everything on hold until Paul Kane and co get the details of Phase2 or whatever it is sorted?

Bad Martini
01-08-2014, 11:38 AM
I qualify what I'm about to say by confirming (based on the alternatives i.e. NONE and I include Kano's plans) that STF is still my preference until someone with the same amout of cash (to loose) comes out the woodwork, with nothing to gain personally and does what he does. OK?

And now to this utter PISH I have read here and over the last few months/weeks/years about what Petrie has "done" for Hibs. Sorry, WE put the ****ing money in. NOT Petrie. WE paid for the matches, the season tickets, the tops, the stuff from the shop, the memberships and everything else.

WE PAID for the lot.

PETRIE, as the one in overall charge of the purse strings spent it/invested in/done whatever with it.

I'll go out on a limb here - HE got it wrong on MANY occassions, in MY, humble opinion.

If he had gotten it right, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. It started when income was invested wrongly and it got out of hand to the point we ended up with ***** on the pitch, very little means to get better players and whote lot of "infrastructure" that could ultimately be the biggest white elephant in the championship for some time if we dont get our **** together (which in fairness, Dempster and Stubbs seem to be heading in the right direction with but I still reserve judgement on that too).

Petrie done the wrong things at the wrong time. He done some of the right things at the wrong times and he done some things he just shouldn't have done.

WRONG THINGS AT WRONG TIME - I could go on. I wont. We'll say Calderwood and leave it there.
RIGHT THINGS AT WRONG TIME - Training complex, new stand ... **** on pitch. Training complex flops, stand empty cause of **** on pitch. Both should've been done when GOOD team on pitch brought in enough cash to FUND them
SHOULDNT HAVE DONE AT ALL - a string of failed managerial appointments.

PLEASE, dont tell us how Rod set us up for life and then it all got ****ed up. He DIDNT. We stumped in the cash, the player sales brought in the cash and he invested a lot of it wrongly. Pure and simple.

Everyone wants a world class training facility.
Everyone wants nice big stands that could (one day) be full and bring us more cash.
...NOT at the expense of the team.

WRONG MOVE...

ENDOF

Speedway
01-08-2014, 12:52 PM

If that's the prize, I'll bid a quid.

We eat at McDonalds yes? We pay for Sky TV? We get Coffee at Starbucks?

So we're happy to give money to accelerate cancer, arm terrorists and deforest planet earth but not to give money to Hibs because a Chairman has gotten some things wrong and some things right.

We're kn0bs.

Is it Mrs?

Ms :wink: :greengrin

Oh, well I'm not un-multiquoting now.

Will you give a toss if we don't go up? Yet another year with him hanging about the place.

What difference will it make?

Give me evidence that what you've written about the Chairman of Hibernian Football Club is true.

"Rod's killing the club we love. I'm going to stop going to the games because that'll help get the club back on its feet."

Crappy crowds going back 40+ years have been killing it a lot longer. That's why Hearts are a bigger club, they stand and be counted when it really matters.

silverhibee
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM

Staying away. :dunno:

5500 ST sold will say it all to him.

Septimus
01-08-2014, 01:32 PM
With Dempster in charge what exactly is Petrie's function at the club?

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2014, 02:17 PM
With Dempster in charge what exactly is Petrie's function at the club?

For me the only thing he brings to the table now is division, i get annoyed and even angry every time i hear or see his name mentioned.

Its fine having another players cull every season, but seeing his smug puss anywhere near the club still has a negative effect for me.

And every game we play in the chumpionship will remind me of him and his fantastic leadership skills.

Beefster
01-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Staying away. :dunno:

5500 ST sold will say it all to him.

It'll say that we sold less STs because we got relegated and, as usual when the chips are down, some folk deserted.

Eyrie
01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
It'll say that we sold less STs because we got relegated and, as usual when the chips are down, some folk deserted.

It'll also say that some of the season ticket sales for the two previous seasons were only to secure cup final tickets.

MWHIBBIES
01-08-2014, 06:21 PM

At least 75% of the people on here wanted Butcher so the club went and got Butcher.Glad someone else has realized this, Petrie is simply doing what he is told.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Glad someone else has realized this, Petrie is simply doing what he is told.

So does this mean STF does not care about the football side of things then?