PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Open Training Session Today

RSS Bot
31-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Thursday 31 July, 11am-midday, Easter Road

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140729/open-training-session-today_2262950_4005891)

DarrenSQH
31-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Anyone going to this?

Phil MaGlass
31-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Hopefully a good crowd turn out, clubs in Holland use this day as a meet and greet the new players, live music, mibbe a mini game played between fans and club, loads of merchandising stalls, attractions like beat the goalie, quad rides, having an introduction to the whole team, U21,s and girls team.Kids clubs are heavily pushed, loads of food stalls, generates alot of money for the clubs aswell.

Turkish Green
31-07-2014, 11:14 AM
One hour. Excuse my ignorance but is this just a showpiece for the fans or is a one hour late morning session normal procedure.

Whatever, it is a good idea of LD to bring the fans closer to the players. It can only do good.

dp00
31-07-2014, 11:44 AM
One hour. Excuse my ignorance but is this just a showpiece for the fans or is a one hour late morning session normal procedure.

Whatever, it is a good idea of LD to bring the fans closer to the players. It can only do good.

Had a game last night remember ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-07-2014, 11:51 AM

I'm guessing they would normally have had the morning off after a game last night. Was a very light session that was clearly put on for the benefit of the fans. Shooting/crossing drills for most of the time.

Was a good morning. Still players out on the pitch signing autographs now

GreenCastle
31-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Anyone go?

See anything interesting?

With the game last night - probably just a recovery session today ?

Turkish Green
31-07-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm guessing they would normally have had the morning off after a game last night. Was a very light session that was clearly put on for the benefit of the fans. Shooting/crossing drills for most of the time.

Was a good morning. Still players out on the pitch signing autographs now

Cheers. A very good piece of public relations and if the players are doing it on their morning off after a game then it shows a change in attitude from TB.

Little things mean a lot.

Benny Brazil
31-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Just back - was a very good session - more so for the younger fans and the chance to get photos taken and autographs - all the players were very patient and happy to pose for photos.

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Hopefully a good crowd turn out, clubs in Holland use this day as a meet and greet the new players, live music, mibbe a mini game played between fans and club, loads of merchandising stalls, attractions like beat the goalie, quad rides, having an introduction to the whole team, U21,s and girls team.Kids clubs are heavily pushed, loads of food stalls, generates alot of money for the clubs aswell.

It was nothing like that but the kids enjoyed it. :-)

twiceinathens
31-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Interesting to watch professionals training, but the shooting exercise certainly did not provide any boost to my confidence!!

lylasmasterplan
31-07-2014, 01:39 PM
A few snaps from today's session at Easter Road.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78492269@N07/

Hopefully it works.

Hibs7
31-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Interesting to watch professionals training, but the shooting exercise certainly did not provide any boost to my confidence!!

Correct only scored 1 in every 6 attempts with only the keeper to beat. Crosses were poor and finishing was worse!

Bishop Hibee
31-07-2014, 01:52 PM

This is the sort of thing it could eventually become. I popped along this morning and it was fairly run of the mill stuff but the kids liked it and were all straight down the front to get photos and autographs. Worthwhile exercise that should become a bigger annual event.

percy veer
31-07-2014, 02:08 PM
This is the sort of thing it could eventually become. I popped along this morning and it was fairly run of the mill stuff but the kids liked it and were all straight down the front to get photos and autographs. Worthwhile exercise that should become a bigger annual event.

i am sure they used to have have his a hibs kids open day and a packed lunch thrown in aswell

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 02:36 PM
We have done it better previously ourselves when yogi was in charge.

PatHead
31-07-2014, 02:40 PM
We have done it better previously ourselves when yogi was in charge.

Are you ever going to post something positive? Who pissed in your cornflakes today?

GreenCastle
31-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Who took the session?

Stubbs or other coaches?

Benny Brazil
31-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Who took the session?

Stubbs or other coaches?

It was mainly John Doolan with Stubbs adding in things as well - Alan Coombe had the keepers down at the FF stand doing their own thing in between the shooting drills

SetonClapper
31-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Who was the guy that looked like Ronaldinho ?

Gettin' Auld
31-07-2014, 03:11 PM
It was mainly John Doolan with Stubbs adding in things as well - Alan Coombe had the keepers down at the FF stand doing their own thing in between the shooting drills

What did you think of the shooting drills?

The finishing was mostly terrible and the crosses weren't much better.

Anyway. The grandson enjoyed his first visit to Easter Rd, even if he was bored after 15mins. :)

GreenCastle
31-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Ronaldinho looked like quality over quantity - his freekick practice at the end of the session was impressive :agree:

Smartie
31-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Anyone go?

See anything interesting?

With the game last night - probably just a recovery session today ?

Speak up caller, you're through!!

Green Fish
31-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Correct only scored 1 in every 6 attempts with only the keeper to beat. Crosses were poor and finishing was worse!

I thought hef was finishing well, granted el alugi was a bit erratic but hope he'll come good

Hibs7
31-07-2014, 03:33 PM
I thought hef was finishing well, granted el alugi was a bit erratic but hope he'll come good

Wasn't picking on any one individual just generally it was poor only about 40% on target as well !!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Anyone notice any trialists/new faces?

Jack
31-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Wasn't picking on any one individual just generally it was poor only about 40% on target as well !!

40%??????

Well below that! I just hope this wasn't a serious drill. Only person to get pass marks from me was AS!

Nice wee visit to ER though.

A bit of commentary would have been a welcome addition.

Jack
31-07-2014, 04:41 PM

Ronaldinho.

Gettin' Auld
31-07-2014, 04:46 PM
40%??????

Well below that! I just hope this wasn't a serious drill. Only person to get pass marks from me was AS!

Nice wee visit to ER though.

A bit of commentary would have been a welcome addition.

Aye the finishing was mostly brutal, as were many of the crosses.

As for the commentary, i'd have liked Stubbs to have been miked up so we could hear the calls he was making, and he could have had a bit of banter with the crowd too.

Finbar
31-07-2014, 05:00 PM
It's strange, the shooting in training is normally pretty good. Maybe they were nervous because everyone was watching.

Hamish
31-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Aye the finishing was mostly brutal, as were many of the crosses.

As for the commentary, i'd have liked Stubbs to have been miked up so we could hear the calls he was making, and he could have had a bit of banter with the crowd too.

:agree:. Heffernan's finishing was better than most though. Some decent routines though, lot of emphasis on passing and moving. Keepers were being kept busy by Combe, again with some good workouts.

Food outlet must have done a fair trade, steady stream of hotdogs, chips etc coming up the stairs.

Players took plenty of time with the kids for pictures etc.

Certainly should be tried again.

Gettin' Auld
31-07-2014, 05:19 PM
:agree:. Heffernan's finishing was better than most though. Some decent routines though, lot of emphasis on passing and moving. Keepers were being kept busy by Combe, again with some good workouts.

Food outlet must have done a fair trade, steady stream of hotdogs, chips etc coming up the stairs.

Players took plenty of time with the kids for pictures etc.

Certainly should be tried again.

Aye it was certainly enjoyable enough and the routines were good. Definitely worth repeating.

They might need to stick a ball boy up in the stand to collect all the wayward shots though. ;)

bingo70
31-07-2014, 05:21 PM
It's strange, the shooting in training is normally pretty good. Maybe they were nervous because everyone was watching.

That doesn't bode well for the coming season

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-07-2014, 06:05 PM

It's the Easter Road curse!

SaulGoodman
31-07-2014, 06:25 PM
That doesn't bode well for the coming season

I've heard this a lot today.

Benny Brazil
31-07-2014, 07:11 PM
What did you think of the shooting drills?

The finishing was mostly terrible and the crosses weren't much better.

Anyway. The grandson enjoyed his first visit to Easter Rd, even if he was bored after 15mins. :)

The drills were good I thought the build up play from the half way line with the players having to play the ball round the dummies (cue the puns!) and then play it out wide was good - the execution of the crosses and the finishing wasn't so good. Dont think El Alagui put one on target until the very end. But it was just a training session so not going to read too much into it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2014, 07:25 PM

FFS! Fans fault again.

Itsnoteasy
31-07-2014, 07:39 PM

Maybe we should play in an empty stadium and they might hit the target.

SmashinGlass
31-07-2014, 07:40 PM
The drills were good I thought the build up play from the half way line with the players having to play the ball round the dummies (cue the puns!) and then play it out wide was good - the execution of the crosses and the finishing wasn't so good. Dont think El Alagui put one on target until the very end. But it was just a training session so not going to read too much into it.

Somewhat clutching at straws earlier, I commented to my son that the finishing was no good due to it being an open session and we were lulling the rangers into a false sense of security. :tee hee:

Fred Perry
31-07-2014, 11:09 PM

Have to agree.

Taking away from the fact there was a game the night before and that this was a day for the kids to enjoy, I was surprised at the basic nature of the drills that were performed.

Crossing and finishing routine wasn't far away from coaching I delivered 10 years ago at East of Scotland level and execution was poor.

Maybe I was just ahead of my time :cb!

ACLeith
01-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Have to agree.

Taking away from the fact there was a game the night before and that this was a day for the kids to enjoy, I was surprised at the basic nature of the drills that were performed.

Crossing and finishing routine wasn't far away from coaching I delivered 10 years ago at East of Scotland level and execution was poor.

Maybe I was just ahead of my time :cb!

TBH, I wasn't expecting much more than we saw. Would have been astonished if corner and free kick moves were on show (I know it's a long time since we saw any sign of those in a game, but we can surely hope). Seemed that AS had to explain some of the drills to the players, which implied they weren't something they were too familiar with.

I thought the players' body language was good, in that the moment AS shouted for them, they responded instantly and quickly. Hope it was mutual respect rather than putting on an act for the punters, but I saw something similar last Sunday, when he shouted something from the dugout, players turned, listened and responded.

A good exercise all round. If not held at a weekend, the next one will need to be in the school holidays to have a decent turnout. Hope its good weather in October!