PDA

View Full Version : New way of giving money to the club.

Crossgates Hibs
30-07-2014, 11:23 PM
I have been toying with the idea of buying a season ticket but just can't justify the outlay. I'm a shift worker and therefore will only make around half the games this season. I understand the club uses season ticket money upfront for the managers budget and I would like to contribute.
So why can I not purchase ten games up front paying extra to cover cat A games. I don't want a fixed seat as depending on whom I attend the match with I could be in any of the three stands its not just me several of my workmates feel the same and would buy a half flexible season ticket if such a thing existed. I understand if needs ironed out and details to be worked out on making it work. I also know a few season ticket holders who haven't renewed since the new stand as they know they will always get a ticket for the big games and they would also be interested in buying a half season ticket if it were flexible.
For me unless you can attend with your pals week in week out a season ticket is of no use. Can I please have some feedback if others would be interested in this so I could maybe try and move it on from just an idea to something that may get implemented and benefit the club.
sorry if this is confusing I'm not the best at explaining something by writing. But please give some feedback so this can maybe net the club large sums of money or just be swept under the carpet.

GoldenEagle
30-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Can you not log onto web site now, buy tickets for ten games and print them off?

Hibbyradge
30-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure if that's possible, but the games get moved so often that it's impractical.

A 10 game ticket, without specifying the games, would interest me.

The problem would be that seats could not be allocated until the day of booking.

Robinho08
30-07-2014, 11:50 PM
That is something that would suit my busy life style and Hibs would get more money from me. Excellent idea, I would write or email your idea to The board.

edinburghhibee
31-07-2014, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure if that's possible, but the games get moved so often that it's impractical. A 10 game ticket, without specifying the games, would interest me. The problem would be that seats could not be allocated until the day of booking.

Couldn't there just be a system whereby you call the club or go online and pick your game bang in your customer ref and pick your seat. The seat is then saved for that game and one game drops off your card? Makes sense to me and I don't think it would be overly complicated, but I know nowt about computers.

I'd also be interested in this type of season card

dp00
31-07-2014, 01:30 AM
It's an excellent idea, one I'm sure would generate a little extra cash while not really costing much to set up ... Suppose it could be set up as a gift card type of thing

Nevi_SOL
31-07-2014, 02:08 AM
10 games would be over half a season so therefor would cost around £202.50. I think if this was the case a lot of season ticket holder would do that incase the second half of the season slump happened.

California-Hibs
31-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Great idea! Would also be brilliant if there was some sort of fund account that could be set up for fans to deposit cash into. Monthly payments of however much you decide, with all cash going to transfer funds. I'd be happy as a fan living afar to pay the club a monthly amount knowing I'm doing my part in helping to be quality to the club.

Surely this has been suggested to Mrs Dempster?

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2014, 05:28 AM
Great idea! Would also be brilliant if there was some sort of fund account that could be set up for fans to deposit cash into. Monthly payments of however much you decide, with all cash going to transfer funds. I'd be happy as a fan living afar to pay the club a monthly amount knowing I'm doing my part in helping to be quality to the club.

Surely this has been suggested to Mrs Dempster?

This is already in place...

I'm not too sure why this is the case but no matter how many times this question is asked for some reasons the message doesn't get through....?

Kicks for kids - Leith Links does this with the added benefit of giving kids tickets to games. This allows folks to contribute directly to a ring fenced pot for the manager to use for players.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Can you not log onto web site now, buy tickets for ten games and print them off?

Correct David! Unless I'm missing something that's the answer? Another case of the message just not getting through?

California-Hibs
31-07-2014, 05:55 AM

I'm not too sure why this is the case but no matter how many times this question is asked for some reasons the message doesn't get through....?

Kicks for kids - Leith Links does this with the added benefit of giving kids tickets to games. This allows folks to contribute directly to a ring fenced pot for the manager to use for players.

Honestly never knew that's how it worked and I guarantee thousands of others are the same. This needs to be highlighted and explained more by the club.

DC_Hibs
31-07-2014, 06:09 AM
I think if this was the case a lot of season ticket holder would do that incase the second half of the season slump happened.

and there we have the reason why the club are not interested.
Their main consideration is the money they lose from a reduction in normal season ticket sales rather than what they gain from this.

I reckon the financial gain from this idea would be minimal if any as most folk buying a 10 game season ticket would be buying tickets for 10 or more games anyway.

If I had the chance of buying this rather than a full season ticket I would do as I probably make about 10-12 home games max. No good for Hibs that. Hope they're no' reading!

marinello59
31-07-2014, 06:11 AM
I have been toying with the idea of buying a season ticket but just can't justify the outlay. I'm a shift worker and therefore will only make around half the games this season. I understand the club uses season ticket money upfront for the managers budget and I would like to contribute.
So why can I not purchase ten games up front paying extra to cover cat A games. I don't want a fixed seat as depending on whom I attend the match with I could be in any of the three stands its not just me several of my workmates feel the same and would buy a half flexible season ticket if such a thing existed. I understand if needs ironed out and details to be worked out on making it work. I also know a few season ticket holders who haven't renewed since the new stand as they know they will always get a ticket for the big games and they would also be interested in buying a half season ticket if it were flexible.
For me unless you can attend with your pals week in week out a season ticket is of no use. Can I please have some feedback if others would be interested in this so I could maybe try and move it on from just an idea to something that may get implemented and benefit the club.
sorry if this is confusing I'm not the best at explaining something by writing. But please give some feedback so this can maybe net the club large sums of money or just be swept under the carpet.

How would you price it to avoid making full season tickets even less value for money? Most ST holders sign up knowing that they will miss at least one game so the financial reward for paying for a full season up front is negligible. If you were to offer a ticket where you only had to pay for half a season up front with the flexible element guaranteeing that you won't miss any games you have paid for then a full ST begins to look much less attractive.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Honestly never knew that's how it worked and I guarantee thousands of others are the same. This needs to be highlighted and explained more by the club.

Suzy has been championing this cause and it was spawned out of discussions on the managers fund which I was involved with but Suzy took this to fruition and achieved amazing results and coverage.

I think is not difficult to agree this initiative gives more than a management fund and is in tune with the clubs very being around charity.

So the message is clear - think managers fund? think Leith Links!

Around the time the managers fund was discussed the club out lined via a number of channels (email and on the website) the number of ways supporters could help the managers budget.

Sesons tickets
East terrace stones
Kicks for kids / Leith Links
Hibs Lotto

they since since added the tunnel messages.

Thats quite a lot of ways and all of them give something back - our neighbours would just take the money!

Crossgates Hibs
31-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Correct David! Unless I'm missing something that's the answer? Another case of the message just not getting through?

Thats all well and good if you know months in advance sometimes I have shift changes days before cant really plan that far ahead.

Crossgates Hibs
31-07-2014, 07:06 AM
How would you price it to avoid making full season tickets even less value for money? Most ST holders sign up knowing that they will miss at least one game so the financial reward for paying for a full season up front is negligible. If you were to offer a ticket where you only had to pay for half a season up front with the flexible element guaranteeing that you won't miss any games you have paid for then a full ST begins to look much less attractive.

This season there really isn't any gain from having a season ticket compared to walk up. It's just a way of getting money into the club early doors so the manager has a better fund. Maybe due to shifts I wouldn't make ten games but the club would have my money or if the football was so dire that people stopped going then like a season ticket they would have got more money. This isn't about getting a better deal than season tickets but getting money to the manager. As I said before I attend Easter Road with different people so would be good to be able to choose stand rather than be confined to a certain seat.

marinello59
31-07-2014, 07:15 AM
This season there really isn't any gain from having a season ticket compared to walk up. It's just a way of getting money into the club early doors so the manager has a better fund. Maybe due to shifts I wouldn't make ten games but the club would have my money or if the football was so dire that people stopped going then like a season ticket they would have got more money. This isn't about getting a better deal than season tickets but getting money to the manager. As I said before I attend Easter Road with different people so would be good to be able to choose stand rather than be confined to a certain seat.

Just go online and buy ten tickets then, job done without increasing the clubs admin costs.

Crossgates Hibs
31-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Just go online and buy ten tickets then, job done without increasing the clubs admin costs.

cant plan ahead that much I have the next months shift rota which changes like the wind.

Crossgates Hibs
31-07-2014, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure if that's possible, but the games get moved so often that it's impractical.

A 10 game ticket, without specifying the games, would interest me.

The problem would be that seats could not be allocated until the day of booking.

Maybe just a problem for cat A games enough seats in all areas normally to just walk up on the day.

Keith_M
31-07-2014, 07:39 AM
They could just put a big collection tin outside the stadium and people could put money in as they pass.

hibsmad
31-07-2014, 07:56 AM

Its not the answer because it doesn't offer any flexibility. Games get moved and shift patterns change.

A flexible 10 game season ticket is something that would work perfect for me and therefore, from people like me, would generate more up front revenue (transfer funds) for the club. I guess the potential downside is, would some people who would have otherwise purchased a full ST, buy one of these instead?

marinello59
31-07-2014, 08:24 AM
cant plan ahead that much I have the next months shift rota which changes like the wind.

Maybe the club could put together a package then that included vouchers say ten matches, three of which were Cat A games and sell them at pretty much full price so as not to impact on full season ticket sales. It would let fans like you give the club a decent amount upfront whilst keeping admin costs for the club to a minimum.

Crossgates Hibs
31-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Maybe the club could put together a package then that included vouchers say ten matches, three of which were Cat A games and sell them at pretty much full price so as not to impact on full season ticket sales. It would let fans like you give the club a decent amount upfront whilst keeping admin costs for the club to a minimum.

That would work I'm not saying change the computer system or anything just allow some flexibility to people who a season ticket makes no sense. Now we have a more seats than we can fill just now reasons for buying a season ticket are less so and this may encourage not just shift workers etc but some other walk up fans to contribute so the manager had a better budget.

PatHead
31-07-2014, 09:46 AM
This has been considered by Hibs on a number of occasions over the last few seasons. As some posters have stated the big question is "how many season tickets would lost?". Up until last year the ticket system could not cope with this type of purchase. It now can.

Personally I would also like to see tickets being cheaper prior to the matchday if you print your own ticket off. That would surely be covered by the reduction in staff.

Also I would like to see an out of town ticket for people living over 50 miles away and in the forces along the lines of the OP.

Crossgates Hibs
31-07-2014, 11:00 AM
This has been considered by Hibs on a number of occasions over the last few seasons. As some posters have stated the big question is "how many season tickets would lost?". Up until last year the ticket system could not cope with this type of purchase. It now can.

Personally I would also like to see tickets being cheaper prior to the matchday if you print your own ticket off. That would surely be covered by the reduction in staff.

Also I would like to see an out of town ticket for people living over 50 miles away and in the forces along the lines of the OP.

Anything that generates more money and more through the gates has to he a good thing.

Argylehibby
31-07-2014, 11:40 AM
The "gift card" approach seems the sensible one to me. Example - You credit £100 onto the card and when you want to attend a game you buy online and the gift card gets debited the cost of the ticket. You can spend as and when you want. If you use it all then you top up. No discount and no guarenteed seat. Priority for away games after season tickets but befor PATG. I think the only negative is as PH suggested would season ticket holders go for this option rather than funding the whoe season thus potentially losing the early cash that is vital to the club in setting up the transfer budget

down-the-slope
31-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Or the HIBERNIANS - (previously Club 86) - they will be doing a re-launch sometime in near future but you can sign up to a DD anytimw

duffers
31-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Obviously not going to work this season, but as I keep stressing. Make all adult season tickets £300. No matter what division we are in. Make the season ticket value for money. This year is the first season i've not renewed in about 10, and the main reason is because the season ticket has never been worth the money. I only make 12-13 games a season so I'll save about £100 at least by PATG. I realise the club benefits more from money being put upfront, but they have to make the season ticket appealing. And to me, £405 is not. Say we sell 6,000 this year at £400 next year we would need to sell an extra 2,000 at £300 to make the same amount of cash. Plus that would add in extra income through pies, programmes etc. I know that is a lot to shift, but I reckon at such a big drop, it could be easily done. I Know myself and most of the people I had a season ticket last year with would buy in.

HibbyDave
31-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Pretty easy to arrange a system where an area of one stand is set aside for members of the " flexifan" tickets could be seated on non allocated seating. Sell 10 tickets card with use it or lose it by "x-date" giving buyers the chance to donate to the player budget.

bob12345
01-08-2014, 04:48 AM
Seems like a no brainer to try it now. Plugging season tickets has been done to death, so why not see how this goes down?

Crossgates Hibs
01-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Pretty easy to arrange a system where an area of one stand is set aside for members of the " flexifan" tickets could be seated on non allocated seating. Sell 10 tickets card with use it or lose it by "x-date" giving buyers the chance to donate to the player budget.

no need to set aside seats that's the good thing with it being flexible for normal games choose your stand and cat A all ticket games reserve your seat as you would buying a ticket in advance for where in the ground you want to be. I really feel this is the way ahead and shouldn't lose us many season ticket holders if in future season ticket holders are given a better deal. Season ticket holders generally like to be in their own seat with folks around them in a familiar setting so hopefully a scheme like this wouldn't detract from that.

bigstu
01-08-2014, 07:17 AM

I've been saying for a while that we need something in place to help those of us who live miles away & want to have a season ticket but can't make every game. The way Aberdeen do it is they have an offshore season ticket & you can pick so many games to go to throughout the season when you are available. This type of ticket only gets you half the amount of loyalty points in their loyalty scheme in comparison to buying a full season ticket, so there's a disincentive for full ST holders to ditch their ticket in favour of this but it offers those that need it the flexibility that they require.