PDA

View Full Version : NHC Everton doing extraordinary transfer business

down-the-slope
30-07-2014, 09:35 PM
They could be very good bets for splitting the mega spenders and getting CL place this season after getting some very good long term transfer business done in last 6 weeks

Barry
Barkley
Martinez
Lukaku
Besic
Coleman

frazeHFC
30-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Never mind your £20m players, Seamus Coleman at £60k is one of the bargains of modern football.

Been really impressed with them lately, played some great stuff last season. Lukaku and Mirallas have proven to be problems for any defence in the league.

Winston Ingram
30-07-2014, 09:42 PM
They could be very good bets for splitting the mega spenders and getting CL place this season after getting some very good long term transfer business done in last 6 weeks

Barry
Barkley
Martinez
Lukaku
Besic
Coleman

Are there many transfers in there? Besic is the only one they've added to last seasons team

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Doubt they'll be in with much chance of a CL place.

down-the-slope
30-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Are there many transfers in there? Besic is the only one they've added to last seasons team

Besic
Lukaku
Barry

above all new transfers (previous loans) and great business. Lukaku at 21 will be great player and investment. 4/5 year deals for others who were on books is pretty good way to give stability and security of 'investment'

down-the-slope
30-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Doubt they'll be in with much chance of a CL place.

Are you confident enough to put £25 KFK wager on it :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Put your bet on at the bookies, you'll get better than EVS there.

Stax
30-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Never mind your £20m players, Seamus Coleman at £60k is one of the bargains of modern football.

Been really impressed with them lately, played some great stuff last season. Lukaku and Mirallas have proven to be problems for any defence in the league.
Good shout, I Thought Coleman was one of the standout players in the Epl never mind Everton. A player Scotland will need to keep quiet if we can in the qualifiers.

Jack
30-07-2014, 11:20 PM
They freed up a hefty wage when they let Stubbs go.

I suspect there's more to come.

IanM
31-07-2014, 04:58 AM
Everton are 6/4 to finish in the top 6 with our sponsors

It'll be in some of my season long accies this season

Newcastle seemed to have signed quite well, 11/8 top 10

bingo70
31-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Remember hearing that Everton used football manager as part of their scouting process.

Not sure if that's still the case or if it was a myth created by the guys who make the game but was definitely a story about it a while back.

Winston Ingram
31-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Besic
Lukaku
Barry

above all new transfers (previous loans) and great business. Lukaku at 21 will be great player and investment. 4/5 year deals for others who were on books is pretty good way to give stability and security of 'investment'

I get that Lukaku & Barry are technically transfers but they've had to do a hell of a lot of running just to stand still. £28m is huge fee for Everton and they gave 34 yr old Gareth Barry a 3 yr deal. Don't get me wrong, they've done well to get them but they haven't really improved on the team from last year. They've lost Deulofeu who played about 30 games for them

heretoday
31-07-2014, 08:35 AM
It's good to see them emerging from being a loans and selling club to being a buying and consolidating one.

It could all go belly up. At times last year they huffed and puffed around the penalty box - particularly at home - without penetrating teams.

I still think they play best on the break, allowing Lukaku to run at defenders.

worcesterhibby
31-07-2014, 09:23 AM
very little in the way of new players in. They have turned loans into permanent deals. So they haven't really strengthened. Meanwhile Man UTD, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs and arguably Liverpool have all strengthened. Everton are a great team to watch with an excellent manager, but i don't see how they break into the top four unless the loss of Suarez really effects Liverpool and Man Utd don't make the headway everyone expects. To get into top four they will have to finish higher than Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd, because you can bet your last buck that Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City will be in the top 4.

I predict 6th..ahead of Spurs, behind Man Utd and Liverpool.