PDA

View Full Version : Good article from Liam Craig

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-07-2014, 12:22 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-captain-liam-craig-opted-to-go-down-with-the-ship-1-3493162

yankyhibby
30-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Honest, humbling and appreciated comments, Liam. Thank you.
Now let's go and do the business in the games that count.

Stevie Reid
30-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Good article, should hopefully be cause for some reappraisal from some - though of course, the real talking should be done on the park.

silverhibee
30-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Do your talking on the pitch Liam.

AL-Qaholik
30-07-2014, 01:11 PM
As others have said, no longer interested in words from anyone associated with the club last year.
ALL talking now weeds to be done on the pitch.
No excuses.
No apologies.
Just performances worthy of the jersey.

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Last season is done and from reading that I for one get the impression that Liam regrets what happened and certainly aint ducking his part in it. I'm sure he did have other offers, so the fact that he has stayed says a lot for him. Lets hope that he puts things right on the pitch this season.

As others have said the idea of getting the fans back onside with statements of regret and statements of intent about the season to come on the official site, in the papers or wherever are over ....... Only a winning team playing decent football is going to do that.

SanFranHibs
30-07-2014, 01:24 PM
At the end of last season thought he would be gone and it seems strange that he was not Butchered on the Day of the Long Knives. Perhaps told not to?

Anyhow, last season is gone and Stubbs must see something he likes, probably what we thought we were getting when he signed for us.

When he runs out wearing the Hibs top he will get my support and the chance to redeeem himself.

:flag:

ahibby
30-07-2014, 01:33 PM
He is what he is and anyone who expects to see a huge difference even at the lower level we play at now will be disappointed. I think it's strange that he and Tudor Jones are still around and I hope that Stubbs has watched videos of the past which clearly show that you can't put TJ on as a holding/defensive midfielder to hold on to a draw or a lead because we inevitably lose goals when he comes on. Likewise he can't depend on LC to drive the team forward to get a result, that doesn't happen either. It's going to be a tough season.

Big Frank
30-07-2014, 01:41 PM
We've been fantastic in the papers for years.

Lets do it on the pitch Hibernian.

MWHIBBIES
30-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Do your talking on the pitch Liam.Last week you wanted a public apology :faf:

Not In The Know
30-07-2014, 02:07 PM
i bet none of the offers he had paid what he was on at ER.

lets see how the first month of our season goes, because it will quite frankly decide if we win the league or can best hope for a playoff spot.

Just Alf
30-07-2014, 02:14 PM
It's a good article, says the right things and seems sincere..... a big step in the right direction.... the critical bit though is that Liam and the team need to carry it onto the pitch and deliver.... otherwise the words were just a noise.

GGTTH!

silverhibee
30-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Last week you wanted a public apology :faf:

And i don't see it in the paper, hider Craig. :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
30-07-2014, 02:49 PM
i bet none of the offers he had paid what he was on at ER.

lets see how the first month of our season goes, because it will quite frankly decide if we win the league or can best hope for a playoff spot.

Ermmmmm, don't think so

3pm
30-07-2014, 05:41 PM
I am not a fan of Liam Craig. However, if we are going to play 3 behind the striker like we did on Sunday then I'd have him on the left of said 3. Stanton in the middle. And it looked like Scott Allan, in his brief appearance, liked to come deep for the ball so he can play in Craig's position beside Scott Robertson.

hibs4thecup1988
30-07-2014, 07:21 PM
There was too much talking last season. One win needed one win needed. Came down to needing a draw probably vs Ross county and we still never done it. Sorry but for me he can say what he wants. Time for the talking to stop and show your skills.

monktonharp
30-07-2014, 08:38 PM
I am not a fan of Liam Craig. . neither am I. he was one of the reasons we played some downright pish last season, which lead to our relagation. if anyone on here says he put in a good shift as Hibernian captain,,anytime anywhere after he was given that privaledge, I'd call you a loony, and I chose that word kindly.

hibs4thecup1988
30-07-2014, 08:42 PM
neither am I. he was one of the reasons we played some downright pish last season, which lead to our relagation. if anyone on here says he put in a good shift as Hibernian captain,,anytime anywhere after he was given that privaledge, I'd call you a loony, and I chose that word kindly.

Hearts at New Year derby 2-1 win, but that was it....

monktonharp
30-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Hearts at New Year derby 2-1 win, but that was it....no comment I don't consider performers on the losing side of derbies, especially alleged captains

SunshineOnLeith
30-07-2014, 09:01 PM
no comment I don't consider performers on the losing side of derbies, especially alleged captains

Eh? We won the game he's talking about.

sesoim
30-07-2014, 10:03 PM
He is what he is and anyone who expects to see a huge difference even at the lower level we play at now will be disappointed. I think it's strange that he and Tudor Jones are still around and I hope that Stubbs has watched videos of the past which clearly show that you can't put TJ on as a holding/defensive midfielder to hold on to a draw or a lead because we inevitably lose goals when he comes on. Likewise he can't depend on LC to drive the team forward to get a result, that doesn't happen either. It's going to be a tough season.

I think Jones and one or two others (Nelson/Heff/Handling) will probably be released/loaned out once we get a couple more players in. Craig was utterly useless once Butcher put him in the defensive midfield position - he could barely make a simple five yard pass without giving it away. HOWEVER, he was highly rated at St Johnstone playing in an attacking midfield role. If we play him in the right position, he could get us 12-15 goals. Stubbs has to get it right as we need to get the best out of everyone to have any chance of promotion.

jacomo
30-07-2014, 10:49 PM
no comment I don't consider performers on the losing side of derbies, especially alleged captains

What are you talking about?

jacomo
30-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I totally accept that ST holders and others who attended most games last season need some convincing that things have changed. The players do need to take some responsibility.

For the rest of us, those like me who for whatever reason attend less than 10 games a year, I think we need to take some responsibility too. We weren't turning up to watch pish on a regular basis and we should enjoy the opportunity to go to ER and wherever else when we can.

To me, that means getting behind AS and taking stuff like this at face value. It now seems Craig is going to be with us this season so let's encourage him and hope he can make amends. He's capable of bossing games in this league if his head's in the right place.

My_Wife_Camille
31-07-2014, 11:02 AM
If Liam Craig is here for the season then so be it. He may well perform in this league and help us back up but as it stands I never want to see him wear a Hibs shirt again. The guy was a disgrace last season as a Hibernian player and especially as club captain.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2014, 08:08 PM
If Liam Craig is here for the season then so be it. He may well perform in this league and help us back up but as it stands I never want to see him wear a Hibs shirt again. The guy was a disgrace last season as a Hibernian player and especially as club captain.

Time to draw the line and move on. Not seemingly captain material granted. Let's not turn him into another Rankin tho'....

The_Horde
31-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm in the same position as I've been for a long time. As much as I want something to change and I want to believe he'll lead us on to promotion this season and banish all doubts I had about his ability I just can't help myself feeling dread and despair whenever he strolls out the tunnel with his pigeon chest and swagger.

He's here so I won't get on his back. But him, along with a few others in the team, make me feel ill.

I hope this feeling goes away. I want it to go away. But I'm clearly still sick about last season.

The_Horde
01-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Seeing players like Michael Nelson and Liam Craig line up for hibs is like bumping into your ex for the first time after a bad breakup. Except without any good memories at all.