PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy style ..football

eastcoasthibby
30-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I know it's early days and no real results recorded, but having watched the last 3 friendlies, I really appreciate the way that AS and his coaching staff have the team playing, to have developed and created this level of quality of football within a few weeks says a lot about the coaching and player management ..and it's all good in my view.
With another couple of players to come in I expect and the players further adapting to playing this way I look forward to watching "STUBBSY STYLE " football this season.

hibs0666
30-07-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm the same and season ticket has now been bought.

GreenCastle
30-07-2014, 10:04 AM
It's refreshing to keep the ball on the ground and really does look like a different sport at times from last season.

It shows you that previous managers didn't play to players strengths and royally messed us up / hindered development.

I am more confident we will pass the ball well this season and be more enjoyable to watch - though we still need a playmaker to unlock other teams and wide players / another striker.

Basic coaching has given these players more enjoyment when training and you can see the style is now being shown when they play.

The next challenge is doing it under pressure in competitive matches and games such as the derby! Will we have the guts to maintain the style ?

RIP
30-07-2014, 11:23 AM
One of the criteria for CEO and manager recruitment was ball on deck

Hoofball was never the Hibernian way and was tolerated for too long under the old regime

Just Alf
30-07-2014, 04:41 PM
It's refreshing to keep the ball on the ground and really does look like a different sport at times from last season.

It shows you that previous managers didn't play to players strengths and royally messed us up / hindered development.

I am more confident we will pass the ball well this season and be more enjoyable to watch - though we still need a playmaker to unlock other teams and wide players / another striker.

Basic coaching has given these players more enjoyment when training and you can see the style is now being shown when they play.

The next challenge is doing it under pressure in competitive matches and games such as the derby! Will we have the guts to maintain the style ?

:top marks ..... especially the last line.... proof will be in the pudding as they say.

:flag: