PDA

View Full Version : Being a Hibs fan

HappyAsHellas
30-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Supporting the greatest football club on planet earth is certainly a bit of a roller coaster ride. In over 45 years of watching the Hibees I have experienced both despair and unbridled joy. When I go to Easter Road, I will openly applaud when good football is played, a goal is scored, or someone does something that is just out of this world. When things are bad I will cringe inwardly, and I've done my fair share of this in the past few years. Now, a new dawn is breaking at our glorious club, driven on by LD and AS, and the early signs look very promising indeed. I look forward to the coming new season for the first time in years. I look forward to supporting the club I love. We will not field a team of world cup stars, but whoever is blessed to wear our jersey and represent our club will have my full backing. I look forward to standing beside many people who share similar thoughts.

If you don't share these thoughts, please stay away, we really don't need you at this stage of the game.:flag:

Just Alf
30-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Supporting the greatest football club on planet earth is certainly a bit of a roller coaster ride. In over 45 years of watching the Hibees I have experienced both despair and unbridled joy. When I go to Easter Road, I will openly applaud when good football is played, a goal is scored, or someone does something that is just out of this world. When things are bad I will cringe inwardly, and I've done my fair share of this in the past few years. Now, a new dawn is breaking at our glorious club, driven on by LD and AS, and the early signs look very promising indeed. I look forward to the coming new season for the first time in years. I look forward to supporting the club I love. We will not field a team of world cup stars, but whoever is blessed to wear our jersey and represent our club will have my full backing. I look forward to standing beside many people who share similar thoughts.

If you don't share these thoughts, please stay away, we really don't need you at this stage of the game.:flag:

good shout....

:top marks

:flag:

Wilson
30-07-2014, 08:45 AM
We need everyone. More than ever.

Fair enough to ask for positivity. Telling folk to stay away is out of order and cheapens an otherwise good post.

TheSouthMoroccan
30-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Nice one, could not agree more. Have just renewed my season ticket, got my ticket for the Rangers game and am feeling positive about life. Amazing the benefits of positive thinking. Bathgate no more, Methil no more, BEDWETTING NO MORE ! :na na:

Golden Bear
30-07-2014, 08:47 AM

Good post and the very best of luck re the sentiments expressed in your last sentence as that could prove to be difficult!

:greengrin

Forza Fred
30-07-2014, 09:12 AM

There are people just as passionate as you who may feel it is their right to question things.....I would never tell someone to stay away just because they may not share the same level of confidence that I may have.....after all their doubts are born out of past practices that have left them scunnered

S.sct
30-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Aye very good. I do admire your positivity but not sure I feel it at the moment.
Sorry that a sustained period of mediocrity (to put it politely) has tarnished my ability to share your thoughts. I'll be there in the new season and hope that LD and AS can carry the club forward and reignite my passion. But please.....don't have a dash at supporters who have become disaffected or negative. You would have to be some sort of robot not to have been affected by the drivel we have had to put up with over the past few of seasons.

HappyAsHellas
30-07-2014, 09:25 AM
There are people just as passionate as you who may feel it is their right to question things.....I would never tell someone to stay away just because they may not share the same level of confidence that I may have.....after all their doubts are born out of past practices that have left them scunnered

Aimed in particular at people who put the boot in at every opportunity whilst claiming to be supporters. I can be a grumpy old git myself at times.......:greengrin

Keith_M
30-07-2014, 09:44 AM
We need everyone. More than ever.

Fair enough to ask for positivity. Telling folk to stay away is out of order and cheapens an otherwise good post.

Maybe he's just following the "quality, not quantity line" from Stubbs.

:wink:

Turkish Green
30-07-2014, 09:44 AM

If you don't share these thoughts, please stay away, we really don't need you at this stage of the game.

Supporting Hibernian FC is a broad church. While I generally agree with your sentiments there are those that feel they are entitled to more from a club of Hibs stature and have the right to express their anger at the club not meeting their expectations. I have never booed a player and I never will but I can empathize with those that get frustrated with the poor play and vent their ire accordingly.

Let's hope that AS can assemble a team this season that ALL fans are positive about.

portyhibernian
30-07-2014, 10:20 AM
After the past few years of disappointing mediocrity I think we're all very cautious going into the new season. Alan Stubbs is a bit of an unknown quantity in terms of management despite his credibility as a coach. There are a lot of encouraging signs aswell however and I do think that maybe two more quality signings (one being a centre back) should see us with a squad capable of being promoted. Remains to be seen how the season will pan out of course but I'm quietly optimistic about our chances.

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Or put another way ....... If you don't share these thoughts please keep coming, we need every bloody fan we can get.

The mark of a true fan is surely one who knows the team has been crap for years and is sceptical that they will get better, but goes to games anyway in the hope that one day it will get better and until it does he or she is determined to stick with it, because that's what being a Hibby is all about.

Hibiza
30-07-2014, 03:40 PM

SNAP :top marks