PDA

View Full Version : Best Player in the Championship

Humo
29-07-2014, 02:51 PM
So who does everyone think is A: The best Player in the championship and B: The best Young Player (21 or younger) in the championship?

(Hibs players included)

TheFamous1875
29-07-2014, 02:52 PM
A: Scott Allan

B: Sam Stanton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lord bunberry
29-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Kenny Miller, no one has come close to achieving what he has in his career.

silverhibee
29-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Kris Boyd.

Jordan Foster.

Hibeesmad
29-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Kris Boyd

Sam Stanton or Alex Harris if he stays as sharp as he's been looking the last 2 games

lumbo_hfc
29-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Lee Wallace best player in the league.

Brightside
29-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Sam Stanton
Paul Hanlon

Billychaotic182
29-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Lee Wallace

Craig Sibbald

Sorry neither are hibs but just my opinion.

Sean1875
29-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Kris Boyd

Sam Stanton

Humo
29-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Personally I think Kenny Miller is the best player in the league and we're spoilt for choice with best young player in the league but I'd probably say its Stanton.

It looks like we're in for a fun exciting season

I definitely think the first couple of games are vital for the younger players to get off to a good start and give their confidence a boost

Billychaotic182
29-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Finding rather surprising that most think we have the best young player in the championship. Don't no if ts green tinted glasses or a lack of knowledge of the championship. Like Stanton Harris and the others but can't say they are the best youngsters in the championship

Aldo
29-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Paul Hanlon

1987kev
29-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Kris Boyd . Don't know about the young player I don't think we have the best young players

CorrieHibs
29-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Kenny Miller for what he has achieved in the game.

Lee Wallace is probably the best player at the moment though. He should of left The Rangers and gone down south or abroad ages ago!

Young player would be Stanton

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Nae young heroes of Gorgie mentioned, surprising.

PeterboroHibee
29-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Its such a difficult one to say at the moment. Given that Boyd scored so many goals last season and was nominated for POTY Id probably say he could have the biggest impact, but then I dont really rate him as a player (beyond being lethal in front of goal). I dont know much about the young players in the league so I cant comment on that.

Im surprised people are saying Wallace though. He was an excellent player but this will be his third season playing lower league football in Scotland, when realistically at this stage in his career, based on his potential and the fact he was getting called up for Scotland, he should really have moved on rather than taken a huge step down. I imagine being untested most weeks has taken the edge off of his game.

Crops73
29-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Nae young heroes of Gorgie mentioned, surprising.

:aok::flag:

How odd...

CRAZYHIBBY
29-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Osman sow

Keith_M
29-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Just out of interest, how many of the teams currently in the Championship has everybody watched on a regular basis?

I think the OP's question might be more appropriate nearer the end of the season.

hibees 7062
29-07-2014, 05:36 PM
James Henry McFadden :wink:

sauzee=legend
29-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Lee Wallace - are people being serious? He is rank, makes Hanlon look like the new vidic. I wouldn't have Wallace any where near this weak hibs team, far to overrated cause he plans for THE Rangers.

Kenny Miller, best player in the league for what he has achieved in the game. What has he achieved?? Won the league with rangers in a weak Scottish league, and played for scotland 50+ times with a terrible goals to game ratio.
What did he do down south? Or across the pond?

Aldo
29-07-2014, 05:53 PM
James Henry McFadden :wink:

Oooooo!!!
:-)

hfc-1875
29-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Lee Wallace - are people being serious? He is rank, makes Hanlon look like the new vidic. I wouldn't have Wallace any where near this weak hibs team, far to overrated cause he plans for THE Rangers.

Kenny Miller, best player in the league for what he has achieved in the game. What has he achieved?? Won the league with rangers in a weak Scottish league, and played for scotland 50+ times with a terrible goals to game ratio.

well who else in the league has achieved more then? No one. That is why people are saying Kenny miller and I agree.

NOLA
29-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Bilel Moshni

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2014, 06:53 PM
The best player and young player in this seasons championship can surely only be judged after the season has finished, who knows how those already mentioned will perform.

Dave-O
29-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Nelson, OTJ, and Heffernan. :agree:

............oops sorry wrong thread. :confused:

Pray4Marc
29-07-2014, 07:10 PM
If we are deciding on sheer value, it has to be Jason Holt, no other player in the league is worth 10 million.

lumbo_hfc
29-07-2014, 07:11 PM

Good one... :aok:

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2014, 07:44 PM

............oops sorry wrong thread. :confused:Hilarious...

Ross89
29-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Kris Boyd.

Jordan Foster.

Are you joking with the "Jordan Foster" shout mate? (If you are serious I have to ask you - did you see him "defend" last season?!?!?!)

Wotherspiniesta
29-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I agree Ross, there's absolutely NO chance Jordan Foster is one of the best players in the league.

Jordon Forster is quite good though.

ekhibee
29-07-2014, 09:17 PM

I don't think he's the best in the championship, but I still rate Lee Wallace and I'd have no problem with him joining Hibs if that were ever to happen. He's a Hibbee too, just like all his family.

Torto7062
29-07-2014, 10:44 PM
I fear that Bauben of Puddle Drinkers FC could turn out to b a good bit business by Levein and his puppet.

Young player...**** knows..can we do this at xmas again 😆

R'Albin
29-07-2014, 11:01 PM

............oops sorry wrong thread. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

cannastar
30-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Mark Durnan who plays for Queen of the South. Only young but very strong an good reader of the game had an outstanding season last year.

bigwheel
30-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Lee Wallace is an excellent left back - could easily play at a higher level ...he would walk into any Hibs team ..

xyz23jc
30-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Nae young heroes of Gorgie mentioned, pleasing.

Changed that for you!

DH1875
31-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Miller and Boyd should walk this league so got to say it'll be one of them. Not to sure about U21s as dont know nowt about the other teams. Hopefully a fully fit and fully confident Harris shows us what he can do :)

InterviewLoI
31-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Ronaldinho
Hallam Hope

Turkish Green
31-07-2014, 08:23 AM
So who does everyone think is A: The best Player in the championship and B: The best Young Player (21 or younger) in the championship?

(Hibs players included)

I do not know the purpose behind the OP as:

a) How many of the members have seen the teams (apart from Hibs, Hearts & Rangers) play on a regular basis last season. Especially as there was very poor TV coverage of the Championship games.
b) No body on a Hibs forum would ever vote for a yam (would they? oops!)
c) Apart from Hubs, Rangers players are the most well known (and paid the most money).
d) Votes are mainly going to be biased towards Hibs players.

So all in all not likely to give a fair consensus of opinion.

Anyway, for what it is worth:

A) Kenny Miller
B) Callum Paterson