PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Ladies Sign New Midfielder

RSS Bot
29-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Simone McMahon added to Ladies squad

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140729/ladies-sign-new-midfielder_2262950_4040722)

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Well she looks a fantastic signing. :top marks

Brightside
29-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Behave man....she's 17! :greengrin She was excellent against rangers at the weekend tho. We need to sign at least another 4 or 5. Instead of wasting money on that mens team! :stirrer:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Behave man....she's 17! :greengrin She was excellent against rangers at the weekend tho. We need to sign at least another 4 or 5. Instead of wasting money on that mens team! :stirrer:

:wink:

southsider
29-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Are our club still giving some funding to the ladies teams ? I heard Ms Dempster is withdrawing funding. We are (or should be) the Hibernian family and women's/girl's teams should be part of that so hope my info is wrong.

Ronniekirk
29-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Are our club still giving some funding to the ladies teams ? I heard Ms Dempster is withdrawing funding. We are (or should be) the Hibernian family and women's/girl's teams should be part of that so hope my info is wrong.
No idea but Leeann did say she would look to every budget to see what she could divert to managers fund to sign players

bingo70
29-07-2014, 07:27 PM

Perhaps any decrease in funding is compensated for by giving them increased publicity and coverage.

Brightside
29-07-2014, 07:28 PM

They have just got some funding from SportScotland i think. I know the Ladies team will NOT be championed by Leeann and if they are going to improve and expand it won't be from HFC club funding. Thats a real shame as i personally think they are missing the bigger picture, but I'm not going to get into the normal argument we have on here about this.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2014, 08:07 PM
They have just got some funding from SportScotland i think. I know the Ladies team will NOT be championed by Leeann and if they are going to improve and expand it won't be from HFC club funding. Thats a real shame as i personally think they are missing the bigger picture, but I'm not going to get into the normal argument we have on here about this.

Oh go on, you know you want to. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Where would the dough come from? Not STs I hope.

The Hibee Harp
30-07-2014, 12:02 PM

I'm interested as you why you think/know that to be the case? I was led to believe she was very passionate about women's football at Motherwell and did a lot to help their side financially.

Keith_M
30-07-2014, 12:07 PM

I heard that Ms Dempster has just signed up Tam Cowan to promote our Ladies Team.

Weststandwanab
30-07-2014, 04:17 PM
How much is Tam paying for that ?

Brightside
30-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm interested as you why you think/know that to be the case? I was led to believe she was very passionate about women's football at Motherwell and did a lot to help their side financially.

Not sure where you heard that. Motherwell Ladies have only just started up and entered Div2. What they did at Motherwell was to start grassroots girls teams at u9 and u11 and offer them free football and strips etc. This was part of increasing the exposure of the football team and the Motherwell brand.

IF we invested a small amount in the Ladies team, won the league, played in the Champions League etc the impact for the Hibs brand would be huge and we'd suddenly have loads of girls etc wanting to come and watch Hibs FC wither that be the mens teams or the ladies teams. Its a no brainer and hopefully Leeann will get round to it once she fixes the main club.

lucky
30-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I have no interest in woman's football. As far I'm concerned they are a separate club and should find their own funding. I don't think the official Hibs press should even be releasing their signings as virtually no one is interested.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Not sure where you heard that. Motherwell Ladies have only just started up and entered Div2. What they did at Motherwell was to start grassroots girls teams at u9 and u11 and offer them free football and strips etc. This was part of increasing the exposure of the football team and the Motherwell brand.

IF we invested a small amount in the Ladies team, won the league, played in the Champions League etc the impact for the Hibs brand would be huge and we'd suddenly have loads of girls etc wanting to come and watch Hibs FC wither that be the mens teams or the ladies teams. Its a no brainer and hopefully Leeann will get round to it once she fixes the main club.

Who won the woman's champions league last season, and how much funding did that cost? And if your scenario was right, why would they want to watch the mens team?

If Hibs mens team did what you say, i'd still not want to watch the womens team.

JIm
30-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Who won the woman's champions league last season, and how much funding did that cost? And if your scenario was right, why would they want to watch the mens team?

If Hibs mens team did what you say, i'd still not want to watch the womens team.

Leanne is involved in the and I believe she now sits on the board of Scottish Women's Football.

I believe hat the club put very little in to the women's side othert than strips and club name but were taken in by Hibs in the Community. Not sure what the benefits exactly are.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Leanne is involved in the and I believe she now sits on the board of Scottish Women's Football.

I believe hat the club put very little in to the women's side othert than strips and club name but were taken in by Hibs in the Community. Not sure what the benefits exactly are.

I don't think Hibs ladies will ever bring in any benefits other than for the ladies team. They could win the league, European cup and the super cup, plus the world cup and our mens team would gain nothing.

In fact the way they have been playing perhaps we'd lose support with them going to watch the female game instead?

I remember Doncaster Belles being the main womens team a while ago, how did that help the mens club?

And before some folk get on their high horse, i'm not against women playing football at all. And if they want to play under the Hibs name fine, but i don't personally think money from the mens game should be diverted away from it their way.

Unseen work
30-07-2014, 08:15 PM
i think alot of the first team players will be watching the ladies team now :greengrin think handling and cummings will be first to introduce themself

The Hibee Harp
31-07-2014, 06:46 AM

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I'm sure Leeann is part of the SWF board and had, prior to leaving Motherwell, arranged funding for their Ladies team so that the players actually get paid each week for playing for the club, which is something Hibs don't do to my knowledge.

Unfortunately, your belief that a successful Ladies team would have a huge impact on the Hibs brand and see an increase in attendances has been shown not to be the case. Hibs have had a very successful team, were the top side in Scotland, won all the honours and competed in the Champions League (then called the UEFA Women's Cup) and it had little or no impact impact.

Unlike a fair few on here it would seem, I am quite passionate about Women's football and have seen a lot of Hibs Ladies games over the last ten years, but have to be honest and say that, just now, the interest is not there. You only have to look as far as Celtic and Rangers, the two biggest clubs in Scotland, fierce city rivals, but when they play one another they only get gates of around 300.