PDA

View Full Version : handling

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 08:20 AM
I've read few comments thinking he's a good player and others thinking he's not good enough! So was wondering what everyone thinks??

I don't think he's good enough unfortunately no pace, poor first touch, doesn't seem be able find a pass, does look the part though but not for footballing reasons

db03
29-07-2014, 08:28 AM
I've read few comments thinking he's a good player and others thinking he's not good enough! So was wondering what everyone thinks??

I don't think he's good enough unfortunately no pace, poor first touch, doesn't seem be able find a pass, does look the part though but not for footballing reasons
I think you have answered this yourself, some think he is good and others don't :dunno:

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 08:29 AM
I think you have answered this yourself, some think he is good and others don't :dunno:

Ye but asking people's thoughts on him

db03
29-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Ye but asking people's thoughts on him
as in attributes? personally never really liked the look of him when I have watched him, was not strong enough and didn't look comfortable in possession but on Sunday he looked much improved

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 08:37 AM
as in attributes? personally never really liked the look of him when I have watched him, was not strong enough and didn't look comfortable in possession but on Sunday he looked much improved

I didn't think he supported big Farid enough either running off him or giving him an opportunity to linkup with

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 08:40 AM
I get the impression he prefers the status of being a footballer than actually doing the job of being a footballer.

Those who watch the u20's tell me he's excellent for them but i've seen next to nothing to suggest he's got a future in the game.

Billychaotic182
29-07-2014, 08:42 AM
I think this season should be a fresh start or everyone.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 08:43 AM
I get the impression he prefers the status of being a footballer than actually doing the job of being a footballer.

Those who watch the u20's tell me he's excellent for them but i've seen next to nothing to suggest he's got a future in the game.

That's what I meant by looks the part although I think the under 20s football is very pass pass nothing like the step up to senior football

we are hibs
29-07-2014, 08:49 AM
I've only seen him play about 3 good games, the falkirk semi when he came on, vs hearts in march and on Sunday which I thought was his best performance by far, he looked much sharper and kept turning very well and getting away from his marker.

erin go bragh
29-07-2014, 08:55 AM
For the first 30 mins on Sun i thought DH was our new signing Allan ( the kids wanted to sit right at the back of the East had a part to play in that too ) he was always looking for the ball and finding a player in green when he had the ball .
Ggtth

CRAZYHIBBY
29-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Not good enough imo, we let better youngsters go....might suit a smaller team

Pray4Marc
29-07-2014, 08:59 AM

From January he has physically developed and is a lot stronger on the ball, keeps possession and can find a pass. I don't no which games you've been too recently.

PHEONIXHIBS
29-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Tin hat on but ive been fairly impressed with him this pre season, granted ive only been at the Dunfermline and Dundee united games, but there was a definite improvement on last season in my eyes (not hard tho lets be honest) . seems he wants to drop short for the ball and is always looking for the pass. I feel the problem with handling is finding the correct position for him. he isn't a striker but I think he is capable of playing behind one. stubbs must see something in him as he has played the majority of the Dunfermline and Dundee united games

easty
29-07-2014, 09:09 AM
I still don't know/see what he's meant to bring to the team. He certainly doesn't look like a striker, or a winger, he's not a central midfielder, and he's shown nothing that would suggest he is creative enough to play in the role behind a striker.

Probably a decent player, but he doesn't seem to excel in any position. It's a big season for him, if he cant make a position his own, at Championship level, then that could be the end for him at Hibs I think.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 09:19 AM
From January he has physically developed and is a lot stronger on the ball, keeps possession and can find a pass. I don't no which games you've been too recently.

What games you been to more like you been playing fifa? Saw none of the above since pre season never mind January

J-C
29-07-2014, 09:19 AM
First I seen of him on sunday and I was very impressed, he held the ball well, had a good few wee tricks/turns and was constantly looking for the ball, he showed good willingness and like Stanton, he got well stuck in and did his share of defending from the front, big year for a lot of these young lads.

andrew70
29-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Danny is a cracking player with loads of ability. Playing just in behind a main striker will suit him. Also having a manager who believes in him and encourages his talent will help immensely as well. I think his undoubted potential will come through under the guidance of Stubbs.

I've been raving about Danny to my mates since seeing him play for the younger Hibs sides so I am hoping he will prove me correct ;)

In all seriousness though I do believe Danny has the ability to succeed and hopefully in a more free flowing team he will take his chance.

Thecat23
29-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Not convinced with Danny or Harris. But after watching both against Utd Stubbs style seems to bring the best out them and they were proving me wrong which was good to see.

lumbo_hfc
29-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Has his moments, like sunday and most of the other friendlies but never has an end product to his play... EVER!! If he wants to play the No.10 role, he needs to link up with El Alagui more and start to get beyond him, which i don't think he is capable of.

SanFranHibs
29-07-2014, 09:52 AM

He's not good enough? No pace? Poor first touch? Unable to find a pass? But looks the part in a non-footballing reasons?

Only having a laugh here Smithy.......I think I must look the part for something then. I can't drive a ball, short game is terrible, and my putting is woeful....think I might look the part for the Senior Golf tour :wink:

--------
29-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Oh great - another in-depth dissection of why one of our younger players isn't good enough and never will be. :rolleyes:

He's 20, and for most of his career at ER the first team coaches at the club have been (at least, according to the majority of posters on this forum) incompetent, brainless numpties. I would prefer to say that it's never good for a young player's development when the club he's signed for descends into confusion and turmoil as Hibs have done over the past few years.

The times I've seen him he's appeared to be a player with real potential but in need of coaching and direction which he hasn't been getting.

Alan Stubbs seems to reckon he can make something of Danny, which is why he hasn't released him.

I think Alan should be given the chance to work with the guy, and Danny could do with some genuine support and encouragement from the fans, maybe?

Brightside
29-07-2014, 10:01 AM

So you just thought you'd start another thread slagging off a talented young player.

--------
29-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Probably being paranoid here, but you have 19 posts, smithyhfc.

Care to share with us what the "h" in your username stands for?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Uuqry9SMjQM/hqdefault.jpg

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 10:12 AM
So you just thought you'd start another thread slagging off a talented young player.

A talented young player? Really? Asking people's thoughts on him and giving my thoughts! That's what forums are for! Collins was still young and got dogs abuse on here

Ell_Chrisso
29-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Certainly needs to work on intelligent movement. Playing the number ten role he needs to be finding spaces in between midfield and defence and struggled a lot on Sun. Every player deserves time to learn, so we will see what happens during the season. Once Allan is fit and Cummings is back I can't see Handling starting anyway.

smithyhfc
Probably being paranoid here, but you have 19 posts, smithyhfc.

Care to share with us what the "h" in your username stands for?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Uuqry9SMjQM/hqdefault.jpg

Well wouldn't be hearts as am sure that's HMFC but maybe that's bit too much for you to understand

Brightside
You've already stated what you think about him in multiple threads...and you;ve done it to harris too. So you either dont watch football or you are on the wind up.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 10:18 AM
You've already stated what you think about him in multiple threads...and you;ve done it to harris too. So you either dont watch football or you are on the wind up.

Am not the only one that thinks both players might not be good enough for hibs first team as if you read above plenty saying same things about handling! Harris I just think is bit light weight for senior football both players will get there chance this season and if they prove me wrong ill happily admit I was wrong!

The_Horde
29-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Handling has potential. But if he's not getting to turn with the ball in the hole between their midfield and defence he looks lost.

He also needs to add a bit more of an attacking threat, maybe go past a player and get a shot away now and then or run the channels when turning through the middle isn't working.

cmcd
29-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Oh great - another in-depth dissection of why one of our younger players isn't good enough and never will be. :rolleyes:

He's 20, and for most of his career at ER the first team coaches at the club have been (at least, according to the majority of posters on this forum) incompetent, brainless numpties. I would prefer to say that it's never good for a young player's development when the club he's signed for descends into confusion and turmoil as Hibs have done over the past few years.

The times I've seen him he's appeared to be a player with real potential but in need of coaching and direction which he hasn't been getting.

Alan Stubbs seems to reckon he can make something of Danny, which is why he hasn't released him.

I think Alan should be given the chance to work with the guy, and Danny could do with some genuine support and encouragement from the fans, maybe?
Well said Doddie You have saved me posting a long rant We all have opinions but some Hibs fans need to take a look at themselves All thats left to say is DH now has a coach who believes in him To the poster questioning Harris same applies

frazeHFC
29-07-2014, 10:31 AM
He was brilliant on Saturday. Really hope he gets a lot of chances this season. Has a bit of skill and composure about him, be good seeing him just behind the striker more often.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Well said Doddie You have saved me posting a long rant We all have opinions but some Hibs fans need to take a look at themselves All thats left to say is DH now has a coach who believes in him To the poster questioning Harris same applies

Both have a chance to prove me wrong and will happily be proven wrong it's all about opinions etc that's why forums are here

Brightside
29-07-2014, 10:35 AM
I look forward to many more threads from you taking about the players that are impressing you. :aok:

allezsauzee
29-07-2014, 10:36 AM
He must be doing something right in training because every manager he's played under wants to include him in their first team squad even if they don't play him in his favoured position. I think he needs to play up front rather than in midfield or on the wing for us to see the best of him. Remember too that he is only 20. He should get physically stronger in the next few years.

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Lets be honest here. Danny has been in and around the first team for a few seasons now and has done very little when he has played to show that there is real talent bubbling under the surface waiting to burst out. I don't see that as dissing a young player, I have seen every game he has played in at ER and at no time has he had a stand out performance where he has made an impact, as starter or sub.

I'm not talking about scoring a hat trick or setting up a couple of goals, I just mean a performance where you walked away saying 'tell you what, Handling didn't deserve to be on the losing side' I'm sorry to say I have no recollection of that ever happening.

If the fans who say that there is a player of the standard we need in Danny Handling are correct it is really time he started showing it, for me he hasn't up till now. I seriously hope this is the season he changes my mind.

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2014, 10:41 AM
He was brilliant on Saturday. Really hope he gets a lot of chances this season. Has a bit of skill and composure about him, be good seeing him just behind the striker more often.

Erm ...... He did OK mate, but if that's your idea of brilliant you are easily pleased.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Lets be honest here. Danny has been in and around the first team for a few seasons now and has done very little when he has played to show that there is real talent bubbling under the surface waiting to burst out. I don't see that as dissing a young player, I have seen every game he has played in at ER and at no time has he had a stand out performance where he has made an impact, as starter or sub.

I'm not talking about scoring a hat trick or setting up a couple of goals, I just mean a performance where you walked away saying 'tell you what, Handling didn't deserve to be on the losing side' I'm sorry to say I have no recollection of that ever happening.

If the fans who say that there is a player of the standard we need in Danny Handling are correct it is really time he started showing it, for me he hasn't up till now. I seriously hope this is the season he changes my mind.

Spot on not like he's the new kid on the block! I hope he turns out be what some people seem see and think

jacomo
29-07-2014, 10:51 AM
I think this season should be a fresh start or everyone.

:agree:

I'm not sure what his best position is. Could he be a midfielder in waiting? If so, he still might find it a struggle to breakthrough at Hibs, with Stanton and Allan ahead of him for an attacking midfield berth.

WeeRussell
29-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Thought he had a good game on Sunday but it would be Danny I'd be looking for Scott Allan to replace - from that starting 11.

--------
29-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Well wouldn't be hearts as am sure that's HMFC but maybe that's bit too much for you to understand

I have no problem understanding that you've started a thread inviting a debate on whether two of the younger members of our squad are good enough to be playimng for Hibs.

Hoping it was going to turn nasty, were you? Get a bit of entertainment?

And of course, if you WERE a closet jambo, you'd be sure to let everyone know by your choice of username, wouldn't you?

I refer you to Jack's thread below.

He's right - you're wrong.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?287568-When-we-discuss-players-1-2-3 (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?287568-When-we-discuss-players-1-2-3)

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Eh? Turn nasty what you talking about? I'll let you rant on

J-C
29-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Newly joined the forums and immediately start slagging off two fairly bright young prospects at the club, did you think you were going to get off lightly here. :confused:

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Newly joined the forums and immediately start slagging off two fairly bright young prospects at the club, did you think you were going to get off lightly here. :confused:

Am not the only one that thinks this though am I? Shouldn't matter if your new/old user I'd have thought the site was better than that obviously not

J-C
29-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Am not the only one that thinks this though am I? Shouldn't matter if your new/old user I'd have thought the site was better than that obviously not

Slagging off Harris who is highly thought of and also Handling who although divides opinion is still a decent player, to me it looks just like you're having a personal attack on these two young lads, are you annoyed they're better than you and you can't hack it??

Norrieg
29-07-2014, 12:16 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png Totally agree.
http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png Seems to have filled out a bit and looks stronger with great potential. Best performance to date. Let's hope he keeps improving and learning under Stubbs. Same applies to young Harris. Give them some encouragement !!!http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png

Pretty Boy
29-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Not been overly impressed so far.

But he deserves a clean slate like everyone else now he's working under a proper manager.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Slagging off Harris who is highly thought of and also Handling who although divides opinion is still a decent player, to me it looks just like you're having a personal attack on these two young lads, are you annoyed they're better than you and you can't hack it??

Nothing personal but don't think good enough :) i think Cummings Sammy n Forster are good young players as well as young Lewis allan thought Caldwell was better than handling too

--------
29-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Eh? Turn nasty what you talking about? I'll let you rant on

I'm not ranting.

Just politely questioning your credentials. :cb

silverhibee
29-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Big season for all the young lads this season coming, time for them to step up and start putting in good shifts every week, it's a tough league they are playing in now, hope they are up for it.

Aldo
29-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I look forward to many more threads from you taking about the players that are impressing you. :aok:

Makes a change from Paul and Lewis underscore does it not??

Hopefully DH will get it together and prove that he can do it at the level required. And consistently.

cmcd
29-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Nothing personal but don't think good enough :) i think Cummings Sammy n Forster are good young players as well as young Lewis allan thought Caldwell was better than handling too
Now i know you are kidding

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Now i know you are kidding

Kidding about? :/

cmcd
29-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Kidding about? :/
Caldwell

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Caldwell

He scored a winner against Hearts at Tynie so done more than handling has in first team and both came through together and am sure Caldwell was goal machine at under 20s

SmithyHibee
29-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Can I change my username? :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Am I right in saying his favoured position is striker?

J-C
29-07-2014, 01:48 PM
He scored a winner against Hearts at Tynie so done more than handling has in first team and both came through together and am sure Caldwell was goal machine at under 20s

Has a stinking billy big baws attitude and has quite rightly been punted, average player at best.

cmcd
29-07-2014, 01:48 PM
I think i have lost the will to live

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 01:50 PM
I think i have lost the will to live

Glad :) you have nothing to back anything but try pick on someone making a point! Sad really

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Has a stinking billy big baws attitude and has quite rightly been punted, average player at best.

Never meet him personally to comment on his attitude but before butcher hated him He looked decent enough

Aldo
29-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Glad :) you have nothing to back anything but try pick on someone making a point! Sad really

One goal at the PBS I'll give you but apart from that poor attitude etc. He was living off that goal rather than knuckling down and getting on with it.

Doesn't make him a better player in my books.

As for Danny.... Needs a big improvement but willing to give the lad a chance and from what ive read and heard he's been bulking out and did ok at the weekend.

Time to give the young lads a break after a season of hoofball. A good manager will get the best out of his players playing them in a system to suit their strengths.

Aldo
29-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Never meet him personally to comment on his attitude but before butcher hated him He looked decent enough

Caldwell barley started a game and when he did he very rarely got a touch. He came on as a sub a few times and baring his goal at the PBS and a few games later in the season did nothing to suggest he was any better or worse than Handling.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 02:04 PM
One goal at the PBS I'll give you but apart from that poor attitude etc. He was living off that goal rather than knuckling down and getting on with it.

Doesn't make him a better player in my books.

As for Danny.... Needs a big improvement but willing to give the lad a chance and from what ive read and heard he's been bulking out and did ok at the weekend.

Time to give the young lads a break after a season of hoofball. A good manager will get the best out of his players playing them in a system to suit their strengths.

Like I've said it's only my opinion and that's what these forums are for! Am happy give him chance I'll not go booing him etc just putting my point on here! I do hope he does prove me wrong and has great season

silverhibee
29-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Caldwell barley started a game and when he did he very rarely got a touch. He came on as a sub a few times and baring his goal at the PBS and a few games later in the season did nothing to suggest he was any better or worse than Handling.

To be honest mate I'm surprised that Hibs let Caldwell go for nothing in the summer, yeah the attitude wasn't right and he seemed a bit huffy but if we had stuck by him i think he would have been like a new signing for the season ahead for us, as folk say on here, everyone should have started with a clean slate, maybe the lad crossed the line at Alloa that made Hibs mind up and they had already decided to get rid of before his loan spell was up.

I just think he had something about him that we should have kept him for another season to see how he developed.

cmcd
29-07-2014, 02:47 PM
How many times do i have to tell you i have never picked on anyone This is not the school playground Looking back over your recent posts you seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way I have nothing to back up Please I have supported this club all my life and have opinions like everyone else One goal against Hearts does not make a great player especially one with an attitude IF stories are true

Aldo
29-07-2014, 03:28 PM
To be honest mate I'm surprised that Hibs let Caldwell go for nothing in the summer, yeah the attitude wasn't right and he seemed a bit huffy but if we had stuck by him i think he would have been like a new signing for the season ahead for us, as folk say on here, everyone should have started with a clean slate, maybe the lad crossed the line at Alloa that made Hibs mind up and they had already decided to get rid of before his loan spell was up. I just think he had something about him that we should have kept him for another season to see how he developed.

I see where your coming from Silver and yeah that could of been the case but it hadn't happened.

Just have to hope the rest get on with it, roll their sleeves up and get on with it.

macd123
29-07-2014, 03:49 PM

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/11/danny-handling-hopes-to-keep-place-in-team-to-face-ross-county/

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270264-Danny-Handling

Just utter nonsense seriously. Read the links above. There is two games he was man of the match. Assume you werent at dunfermline either where he was man of the match and all our play went through him. If youre basing your opinion on his ability to get his head on long balls from nelson that's one thing. But what danny has is SKILL with his feet. Is that not valued at hibs? Luckily the new coaches can see he is a player which is what matters.

--------
29-07-2014, 05:02 PM
How many times do i have to tell you i have never picked on anyone This is not the school playground Looking back over your recent posts you seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way I have nothing to back up Please I have supported this club all my life and have opinions like everyone else One goal against Hearts does not make a great player especially one with an attitude IF stories are true

Must be a generation thing, mate. He doesn't like me either, and I'm just the essence of sweetness and light in human form. :devil:

We've got this thread sticking the knife into Danny Handling; we have another where we're all invited to make up a list of "the players we should get shot of" which seems to have developed into a "let's get Lewis Stevenson" campaign.

The manager's looking to add to the squad, prepare the players we have for the Cuptie at Ibrox next week, and somehow make sense of the chaos bequeathed him by Butcher and Malpas, and we're busily beavering away slaughtering our own players.

This is not the first time I've said this, but I really do wonder sometimes why any professional footballer would ever want to play for Hibs and their alleged "supporters". :brickwall

Golden Bear
29-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Must be a generation thing, mate. He doesn't like me either, and I'm just the essence sweetness and light in human form. :devil:

We've got this thread sticking the knife into Danny Handling; we have another where we're all invited to make up a list of "the players we should get shot of" which seems to have developed into a "let's get Lewis Stevenson" campaign.

The manager's looking to add to the squad, prepare the players we have for the Cuptie at Ibrox next week, and somehow make sense of the chaos bequeathed him by Butcher and Malpas, and we're busily beavering away slaughtering our own players.

This is not the first time I've said this, but I really do wonder sometimes why any professional footballer would ever want to play for Hibs and their alleged "supporters". :brickwall

:agree:

Yip - there are a couple of very depressing threads on Hibs Net right now. The Club's supposed "supporters" can be downright vitriolic towards our own Players and the Season hasn't even started yet.

It's time to change the record but nae chance of that!

Aldo
29-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Must be a generation thing, mate. He doesn't like me either, and I'm just the essence sweetness and light in human form. :devil: We've got this thread sticking the knife into Danny Handling; we have another where we're all invited to make up a list of "the players we should get shot of" which seems to have developed into a "let's get Lewis Stevenson" campaign. The manager's looking to add to the squad, prepare the players we have for the Cuptie at Ibrox next week, and somehow make sense of the chaos bequeathed him by Butcher and Malpas, and we're busily beavering away slaughtering our own players. This is not the first time I've said this, but I really do wonder sometimes why any professional footballer would ever want to play for Hibs and their alleged "supporters". :brickwall

Yip didn't take long to get onto Lewis did they.

Absolute joke.

Greenworld
29-07-2014, 05:48 PM

Handling was excellent against dundee utd playing a deeper midfielder role passing was very good looked an altogether different player......just needs to learn to pace himself a bit looked knackered at around 60 mins.....harris was a bit hot and cold but certainly did some excellent runs and shots......yiu can see they are far more confident. ...

cmcd
29-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Must be a generation thing, mate. He doesn't like me either, and I'm just the essence sweetness and light in human form. :devil:

Have to agree Doddie

Ronniekirk
29-07-2014, 07:58 PM
To be honest mate I'm surprised that Hibs let Caldwell go for nothing in the summer, yeah the attitude wasn't right and he seemed a bit huffy but if we had stuck by him i think he would have been like a new signing for the season ahead for us, as folk say on here, everyone should have started with a clean slate, maybe the lad crossed the line at Alloa that made Hibs mind up and they had already decided to get rid of before his loan spell was up.

I just think he had something about him that we should have kept him for another season to see how he developed.
We had to off load either Cummings Caldwell or handling to reduce squad and free some money up Cummings two goals against Hamilton suggest this may be league he could do something in and his attitude and application were spot on so he was always going to get contract extension IMO .
handling for me jury is still out and this season he needs to establish himself .
Caldwell falling out with T B and his attitude and lack of games and goals always meant he was down pecking order .However agree with right attitude Caldwell could be natural goalscorer and think he will do well for st mirren if he applies himself .

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2014, 02:55 PM
http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/11/danny-handling-hopes-to-keep-place-in-team-to-face-ross-county/

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270264-Danny-Handling

Just utter nonsense seriously. Read the links above. There is two games he was man of the match. Assume you werent at dunfermline either where he was man of the match and all our play went through him. If youre basing your opinion on his ability to get his head on long balls from nelson that's one thing. But what danny has is SKILL with his feet. Is that not valued at hibs? Luckily the new coaches can see he is a player which is what matters.

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that I've seen every game he has played at ER since he got into the first team and the fact that he has done nothing up till now to show that he will be an integral part of the first team. I'm not saying he cant, I am saying that he has to up his game if he is going to.

And no I don't base my assessment of any Hibs player on their ability to get on the end of a 40 yard punt up the park. I do base it on their ability to make a difference in a game as sub or starter, something which Danny up to now has failed to do in the games I have seen him play. No I wasn't at Dunfermline and if he had a good game there I'm pleased for him. I was at the Malmo game and perhaps I was too busy counting goals to notice how good he was that night.

Two decent performances, one in a game where we were humped 7 - 0 isn't exactly a scientific judge of a players quality over a two year period either ...... certainly not enough to justify calling my honest assessment utter nonsense.

macd123
30-07-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that I've seen every game he has played at ER since he got into the first team and the fact that he has done nothing up till now to show that he will be an integral part of the first team. I'm not saying he cant, I am saying that he has to up his game if he is going to.

And no I don't base my assessment of any Hibs player on their ability to get on the end of a 40 yard punt up the park. I do base it on their ability to make a difference in a game as sub or starter, something which Danny up to now has failed to do in the games I have seen him play. No I wasn't at Dunfermline and if he had a good game there I'm pleased for him. I was at the Malmo game and perhaps I was too busy counting goals to notice how good he was that night.

Two decent performances, one in a game where we were humped 7 - 0 isn't exactly a scientific judge of a players quality over a two year period either ...... certainly not enough to justify calling my honest assessment utter nonsense.

It's nothing to do with malmo. If you read the link you will see it was the dundee united game at Easter road on 17th august last year. He was also man of the match against st mirren away last season. Also man of the match against dunfermline and one of our best players this pre season. How about the falkirk semi final? He came on at half time and won a penalty and helped turn the game around.

That's 4 games at least and i m sure you saw some of them. The guy is only 20. I just don't agree that he has never made an impact or shown any talent. It's just not true.

The_Horde
31-07-2014, 11:29 PM
It's nothing to do with malmo. If you read the link you will see it was the dundee united game at Easter road on 17th august last year. He was also man of the match against st mirren away last season. Also man of the match against dunfermline and one of our best players this pre season. How about the falkirk semi final? He came on at half time and won a penalty and helped turn the game around.

That's 4 games at least and i m sure you saw some of them. The guy is only 20. I just don't agree that he has never made an impact or shown any talent. It's just not true.

He's shown glimpses. But he never really looks a threat on a consistent basis. He's far too nice and not anywhere near arrogant enough on the pitch.

I hope he can transform glimpses into consistency - he is still very young.

The fact that he's been around the team longer than Harris but everyone raves about what Harris can do yet rarely rave about what Danny can do kind of sums it up for me. And that's with Harris having had a lengthy lay off and confidence slump.

lord bunberry
05-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Well done to him tonight, he was absolutely running the show until he was sent off. If he can keep that level of performance up he will be a big player for us this season.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2014, 10:21 PM
;4113125']He's shown glimpses. But he never really looks a threat on a consistent basis. He's far too nice and not anywhere near arrogant enough on the pitch.

I hope he can transform glimpses into consistency - he is still very young.

The fact that he's been around the team longer than Harris but everyone raves about what Harris can do yet rarely rave about what Danny can do kind of sums it up for me. And that's with Harris having had a lengthy lay off and confidence slump.

Therein the problem lies with youth - or is it (dare I say) the support...

FromTheCapital
05-08-2014, 10:31 PM
He was superb tonight

Pretty Boy
05-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Very impressed tonight.

The sending off was silly. It was never a red imo but the tackle allowed the ref to make the decision.

DaveF
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Never been a fan of his from what I'd seen so far, but tonight he was very, very good.

Maybe, he's finally being played where he flourishes. More of the same (without the red card) please.

gorgie greens
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
He was superb tonight

never rated him much but thought he was great tonight and i for one am eating humble pie.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Never been a fan of his from what I'd seen so far, but tonight he was very, very good.

Maybe, he's finally being played where he flourishes. More of the same (without the red card) please.

Dave, Danny has been playing that link role in pre season and tonight he showed how capable he is at it :agree:

DaveF
05-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Dave, Danny has been playing that link role in pre season and tonight he showed how capable he is at it :agree:

Yeah, saw him there in a couple of games but wasn't too willing to go overboard on the praise given the opposition. But tonight, he really got stuck in and played the position well.

Unseen work
05-08-2014, 10:55 PM
So good at turning / rolling defenders and making them look silly. The bit of skill in the first half against Boyd at the touchline was sublime. Delighted for him showing he can finish which I knew all along.

What's the story with the red? Can't play Saturday or is it different as was a cup?

Billy Whizz
05-08-2014, 10:57 PM
What's the story with the red? Can't play Saturday or is it different as was a cup?

Was at the game, so haven't seen the tackle again, is it worth appealing?

Unseen work
05-08-2014, 10:58 PM

Quite harsh IMO, but was a bit reckless and from behind so can't see us appealing, Danny never argued too much either

Shearer
05-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Anyone think he's playing a similar role to what Dean Shiels used to play for us?

macd123
05-08-2014, 11:29 PM

Yes definitely worth appealing. It was just a poor decision.

The_Horde
06-08-2014, 01:17 AM
He was fantastic tonight and seems stronger and quicker. If we see this Danny Handling all season we could make decent money for him.

SMAXXA
06-08-2014, 02:57 AM

Think u can only appeal violent conduct?

lord bunberry
06-08-2014, 03:06 AM
I thought that if a player is sent off in the cup then they miss future cup games, unless the red card was for violent conduct.

Time For Heroes
06-08-2014, 05:47 AM
But the young striker's night ended on a sour note when he was sent off 11 minutes from time after thudding into David Templeton with an ugly tackle.

Taken from the Daily Ranger.
I looked for a biased opinion and got what I was looking for.
What a ****in rag.

whiskyhibby
06-08-2014, 06:10 AM
He was superb tonight

Couldn't agree more, his link play was excellent, held the ball well and what a great goal, well done Danny, more of that this season please

Hibbyradge
06-08-2014, 06:14 AM
But the young striker's night ended on a sour note when he was sent off 11 minutes from time after thudding into David Templeton with an ugly tackle.

Taken from the Daily Ranger.
I looked for a biased opinion and got what I was looking for.
What a ****in rag.

What's biased about that report? :confused:

That's exactly why he was sent off.

jax67
06-08-2014, 06:16 AM
I know that we are all entitled to our opinions
but some folk on here find it far too easy to criticize.
Danny Handling was great against Dundee Utd, and great
against the Rangers before being wrongly sent off. FFS!! Get behind
him, not on his back. He's a young HIBS player, one of our own.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2014, 06:53 AM
I never rated Handling and felt that too many games passed him by, but he was very good last night. He looked comfortable on the ball and looked the most likely to create something (whether for himself or a team mate). If I recall correctly there was also a point where Rangers broke 3 on 1, and I think it was him who legged it back to make a last ditch clearance. Hopefully he continues to play well as he could have an important role in the team this season.

KeithTheHibby
06-08-2014, 07:01 AM

So he deserved to be sent off?

MB62
06-08-2014, 08:06 AM
I never rated Handling and felt that too many games passed him by, but he was very good last night. He looked comfortable on the ball and looked the most likely to create something (whether for himself or a team mate). If I recall correctly there was also a point where Rangers broke 3 on 1, and I think it was him who legged it back to make a last ditch clearance. Hopefully he continues to play well as he could have an important role in the team this season.

Exactly what you said.

At one point late in the first half, he passed another good ball and I thought, 'was that Handling again? That laddie is having a very good game' and from there on I thought he only got better. Great anticipation to latch on to the ball when he scored and his sending off was a disgrace. having watched it several times now, I'm still not even convinced he didn't win the ball but as he came in from behind, I can see why it was a free kick. However that's ALL it was and IMO he would have been unlucky to get a booking for it, absolutely gobsmacked when the red was produced, but then it is Ipox, New Huns, old cheating.

R11Loaded
06-08-2014, 08:36 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/a5a7u5yb.jpg

Alex Trager
06-08-2014, 11:56 AM
I appreciated his celebration also

marti1875
06-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I thought the tackle was absolutely nowhere near a straight red card never mind it being an "ugly" tackle. He certainly didn't go right through him from the back and send him flying.
the few The Rangers fans that i know and even a couple of comments on Facebook they even say it was a very harsh red card :confused:

Opinions eh? :greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2014, 12:35 PM
I though his first half display was ok, flitted in and out as he's done before, but the 2nd half until he was unfairly sent off was sublime from him. I kept hearing from those who watched him come through the youths that, this was the kind of display he was capable of.

Keep it up Danny, we all saw just what you are capable of, don't let this chance pass you by. :top marks

GreenLake
06-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Handling was our most dangerous threat and after he scored the ref took the first opportunity to eliminate. Nine times out of ten this tackle would have been seen as a finger wag level offense or a yellow card at worst. Stubbs thought it was harsh and that it changed the game.

The_Exile
06-08-2014, 01:02 PM
That turn from him at the dugout byline to escape a closing Rangers player was sublime. I sat up, suddenly, rubbed my eyes and said "Russel?!!", was a total Latapyesque moment :greengrin

Time For Heroes
06-08-2014, 03:49 PM

thudding into David Templeton with an ugly tackle.
not how I seen it, careless yes, straight red no.
Really poor decision by the ref and it wasnt even the worst tackle of the night.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Wasn't an ugly tackle, far from it. His studs weren't up, his feet didn't leave the ground, it was as much from the side as it was from behind and he actually got a toe on the ball. I was shocked when I seen the ref reaching for what I assumed would be a yellow, absolutely gobsmacked when the red came out. Watched it again today and even more annoyed than I was last night

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2014, 06:07 PM
At the game last night I thought Handling looked good. Watched it back this morning over breakfast and realised he was even better than that. An absolutely superb performance from Danny until he was incorrectly sent off. Hopefully he can find consistency this season. I thought he was superb when he came on against Falkirk in the Scottish cup but he hadn't really kicked on since then

Eyrie
06-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I've been disappointed by Handling so far but a few more performances like last night will convince me.

rcarter1
06-08-2014, 06:45 PM
An early contender for most improved player, and like many young players the scope for improvement is exciting. A bit of strength, confidence, and experience could be the making of him, and Stanton, and Forster etc. :thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
06-08-2014, 07:11 PM
He's not a punt and rush type of player, likes to get the ball down and link up with others.
It's no surprise that he (an alot of others to be fair) stagnated last season.

If ever there was proof of playing players to their strengths its in the performances from all the lads last night.

Hopefully more to come.

Well done Danny.

p.s gonna no slide next time! ta :greengrin

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Opinions are split on Handling, but if I may chip in: he did the one thing that no other Hibs player did last night......Score a goal! I like Handling and feel that we might have a wee gem on our hands if his progress and vital contribution continues

YehButNoBut
07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Hibs not appealing Handlings red which seems strange so will be suspended for 2 games, Livvie on Saturday and the next time we play in the Petrofac cup (which is hopefully never again).

Does mean he will be ok to play against Hearts

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/danny-handling-free-to-face-hearts-in-derby-1-3501846

--------
07-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Opinions are split on Handling, but if I may chip in: he did the one thing that no other Hibs player did last night......Score a goal! I like Handling and feel that we might have a wee gem on our hands if his progress and vital contribution continues

Agree. How many bosses has he played for since he bagan to knock on the door of the first team? I think some consistent, competent coaching could do the laddie a world of good.

But like the man said, Danny, gonnae no give the ref an excuse next time? :wink:

marti1875
07-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Wasn't an ugly tackle, far from it. His studs weren't up, his feet didn't leave the ground, it was as much from the side as it was from behind and he actually got a toe on the ball. I was shocked when I seen the ref reaching for what I assumed would be a yellow, absolutely gobsmacked when the red came out. Watched it again today and even more annoyed than I was last night

:top marks this is exactly how i saw it and still do, even more so now on seeing it again on the news last night when both STV & BBC said he was harshly sent off. So you know if both of them are saying it was harsh then then it really must've been harsh considering their west coast leanings! :greengrin

His leg clearly comes in from the side, not full on right through the back of him as some seem to bizarrely see, and he certainly got a good part of the ball as you can also see on the tv as by the way the ball moved.

My god, if this is a deserved straight red card offence then this is going to be a long hard season for all teams as the suspensions will be piling up before we're even a quarter through the season.