PDA

View Full Version : James mcpake tweet

1two
28-07-2014, 08:54 PM
What's all this about

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/dy6y9ehe.jpg

Heisenberg
28-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Most likely about the rumours of James McD being replaced as u20s coach?

3pm
28-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't want to say anything bad but I'll send 3 tweets to ****stir.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2014, 09:01 PM

:agree::greengrin

lucky
28-07-2014, 09:07 PM
How many ex Hibs players can't move on ? He's had his money from Hibs so why get involved in our club when it's nothing to do with him

Billychaotic182
28-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Be about James Mc having to reapply for his job

3pm
28-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Caldwell passing comment now.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:10 PM
James McPake is with Dundee, why is he even getting involved. He should spend less time tweeting and more time sorting out his back. I respect his commitment to Hibs but this ex player thing talking negatively about the club i.e Clancy and Vine is just a nuisance and unprofessional

ronaldo7
28-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I take it he's been told his photo won't be going up in the captains lounge.

SteveHFC
28-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I take it he's been told his photo won't be going up in the captains lounge.

:greengrin

eastterrace
28-07-2014, 09:13 PM
James McPake is with Dundee, why is he even getting involved. He should spend less time tweeting and more time sorting out his back. I respect his commitment to Hibs but this ex player thing talking negatively about the club i.e Clancy and Vine is just a nuisance and unprofessional

i think he is making a fair point, he has been with us a few years so he know what he has seen behind the scenes and is just pointing this out that these players are were they are with the under 20 coach.

JIm
28-07-2014, 09:13 PM
So cause they're no longer with the club they can't pass comment? They obviously have Lot of respect for James Mcdo, good on them for backing him up.

eastterrace
28-07-2014, 09:14 PM
So cause they're no longer with the club they can't pass comment? They obviously have Lot of respect for James Mcdo, good on them for backing him up.

:top marks

Gus
28-07-2014, 09:15 PM
It's ok for folk on here too pass comment on players who have moved on.....and not very positively I might add but when an ex player has an opinion on old club he is not professional etc

Grow up ffs

Ringothedog
28-07-2014, 09:18 PM
JM has been asked to take a pay cut as has BH. It is more likely that JM will stay than BH.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:21 PM
It's ok for folk on here too pass comment on players who have moved on.....and not very positively I might add but when an ex player has an opinion on old club he is not professional etc

Grow up ffs

Don't see any problem with him passing on what he thinks, he's untitled to do that and he is a former captain of our club. However I don't agree with players who just get on the clubs back straight away due to bitterness even though they never proved anything worth praising. We are in this mess however imo due to the board and Butcher so it's not every players fault as they obviously never had the confidence put into them. Hopefully things are changing

Elephant Stone
28-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Yeah that's definitely how it works.

SaulGoodman
28-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Must ber about James McD

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah that's definitely how it works.

Banter

Col2
28-07-2014, 09:28 PM
JM has been asked to take a pay cut as has BH. It is more likely that JM will stay than BH.

Who is BH?

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Who is BH?

Bill Hendry I think

matty_f
28-07-2014, 09:29 PM

Sorry to hear that about James, you have to wonder if that would have been necessary if we hadn't been relegated.

The players have some accountability for that relegation so they really shouldn't be so quick to lay into the club.

We're down to 5000-odd season tickets as a result of a terrible season last year, the players must have known that there would be casualties at the club if we went down yet many were up George Street or arguing with the joker in charge. One win would have kept us up, you can't greet about cuts when you're partially culpable for the reason the cuts have to be made.

The brutal thing is a great guy and coach has to take the hit while these guys are able to move on to other clubs.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear that about James, you have to wonder if that would have been necessary if we hadn't been relegated.

The players have some accountability for that relegation so they really shouldn't be so quick to lay into the club.

We're down to 5000-odd season tickets as a result of a terrible season last year, the players must have known that there would be casualties at the club if we went down yet many were up George Street or arguing with the joker in charge. One win would have kept us up, you can't greet about cuts when you're partially culpable for the reason the cuts have to be made.

The brutal thing is a great guy and coach has to take the hit while these guys are able to move on to other clubs.

I said on a thread the other day that James doesn't deserve this as he has done a great job and is obviously good at what he does. It's just a shame that football is just a business at the end of the day

Diclonius
28-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Whilst I appreciate he's looking out for an old pal, comments like this only serve to undermine the club and place doubt and uncertainty in the mind of many going into the new season.

We don't need this right now and I wish McPake had the decency to keep his thoughts private rather than make them public at this time.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Whilst I appreciate he's looking out for an old pal, comments like this only serve to undermine the club and place doubt and uncertainty in the mind of many going into the new season.

We don't need this right now and I wish McPake had the decency to keep his thoughts private rather than make them public at this time.

I agree mate. The thing I just don't like most is that he's just talking about stuff that he has read, he doesn't say that he actually knows the truth in what's happened

trev the hat
28-07-2014, 09:33 PM

Good post Matty

Pretty Boy
28-07-2014, 09:34 PM

This.

Don't want to say anything. Well don't then

Hibs90
28-07-2014, 09:35 PM
****-stirring. No need for it.

Jonnyboy
28-07-2014, 09:35 PM
How come when ex players salivate about how much they loved Hibs (Ivan for example) we cannae get enough of it but whenever an ex players says something negative they're called everything under the sun?

Ringothedog
28-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Bill Hendry I think
:agree:

Bostonhibby
28-07-2014, 09:37 PM

Ringothedog
28-07-2014, 09:40 PM
How come when ex players salivate about how much they loved Hibs (Ivan for example) we cannae get enough of it but whenever an ex players says something negative they're called everything under the sun?

Because nobody and I mean nobody can denigrate our club BUT if we as fans do it then it's okay.

matty_f
28-07-2014, 09:40 PM
I said on a thread the other day that James doesn't deserve this as he has done a great job and is obviously good at what he does. It's just a shame that football is just a business at the end of the day

:agree: Caldwell should have been tweeting an apology for not being able to keep us up because he got punted on loan for not being arsed to track back on a game.

worcesterhibby
28-07-2014, 09:42 PM

That has to be the stupidest question ever. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
28-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Banter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNffBqckDCI

Hibs90
"No hidden agenda in my tweets as I said if I wanted to cause controversy I'd speak about the last manager! That's not what I'm wanting! 1/2"

:rolleyes:

JIm
:agree: Caldwell should have been tweeting an apology for not being able to keep us up because he got punted on loan for not being arsed to track back on a game.

Your right it's Ross caldwells fault..........this place gets more mental by the day!

easty
28-07-2014, 09:44 PM
What's all this about

I've no really got a problem with what he's said. I've read folk on here saying as much already.

But, to be blunt, I couldnt care less what James McPakes opinion is on anything to do with Hibs, he might as well have been talking about who'll appear on the next Strictly Come Dancing or what his favourite condiment is. That's what Twitters for though isn't it? People giving their opinion about things when naebody even asked them.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 09:44 PM
"No hidden agenda in my tweets as I said if I wanted to cause controversy I'd speak about the last manager! That's not what I'm wanting! 1/2"

:rolleyes:

Why is he bringing it up then if he doesn't want to cause controversy? 😂

SaulGoodman
28-07-2014, 09:45 PM

If someone said I was David Beckhams doppelgänger I would lap it up.

If someone said I was Rudi Skacels double I would call them everything under the sun.

matty_f
28-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Your right it's Ross caldwells fault..........this place gets more mental by the day!

Yes because clearly I meant it was all Ross Caldwell's fault. Like you say, more mental by the day!

easty
28-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Yes because clearly I meant it was all Ross Caldwell's fault. Like you say, more mental by the day!

It's like One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest...:wink:

Pretty Boy
28-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Maybe if he wants to talk about things that are a shambles he can discuss his 'tackle' and performance in the LC defeat to Hearts.

brog
28-07-2014, 09:47 PM

In hindsight that was perhaps yet another failure on the part of our management team. A young player is publicly castigated for an error & deliberately embarrassed, the substitute being substituted! Tremendous man management!

zlatan
28-07-2014, 09:51 PM

That's the stuff I want to hear about

Jonnyboy
28-07-2014, 09:52 PM
That has to be the stupidest question ever. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I could top it without really trying :greengrin

JIm
28-07-2014, 09:52 PM

If I've misinterpreted your post apologies! Just can't get my head round some of the stuff I've read recently!

If I did read correctly tho I just don't see the point in dragging nonsense like this up?

matty_f
28-07-2014, 09:54 PM
If I've misinterpreted your post apologies! Just can't get my head round some of the stuff I've read recently!

If I did read correctly tho I just don't see the point in dragging nonsense like this up?

:aok:

brog
28-07-2014, 09:57 PM
I know there's already a thread re James McD but this does seem a bit of an og at a time when the club & LD/ AS in particular really seem to be getting us back on track.

Winston Ingram
28-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Bill Hendry I think

It'll not be Bill Hendry. No chance.

basehibby
28-07-2014, 10:07 PM
I find things like this interesting as it gives an insight into how things work and/or what really went on behind the scenes in previous seasons. As long as it's not malicious/libellous I really don't see a problem with former players passing comment about their former clubs and football in general. Many players (perhaps most) retain more than a passing interest in their former clubs and many are pretty passionate about it - take Boozy, Ivan, Kano as examples - particularly Kano - I challenge anybody on this thread to tell Kano to his face that he has no right to pass comment on what goes on at Easter Road :cb

carnoustiehibee
28-07-2014, 10:16 PM
As much as I liked mcpake when at hibs and thought he was a half decent defender, this is the kinda snitchin n bitchin I want out the club. I understand he liked the coach but he's acting like a fish wife at a car boot sale.

Turkish Green
28-07-2014, 10:25 PM

Very much this. JMcD and other youth coaches are suffering the collateral damage from the relegation.

It is not nice but there it is. I see no problem with McPake commenting on this.

Northernhibee
28-07-2014, 10:26 PM
There's always going to be unpopular decisions made when changing the entire culture of a club. I hope JMcD stays, but if Leeann Dempster thinks that a change is required I'm prepared to trust her experience. Time to look forwards rather than back.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 10:28 PM
“@aaliyahclancy: @Steven_Hendo96 @JamesMcPake6 @jamesyboy8 make Hibs a million??want to look at bill hendry head of academy.like a cancer in that club!!”

Strong words from Clancy

Capt Mainwaring
28-07-2014, 10:38 PM
I've no issue at all with James' comments. Clearly outlines his fondness for the club and outlines his dissapointment at the potential loss of a good coach and probably friend.

As said on this thread however he would do well to reflect on the part the players played in driving Hibs into relegation where this sort of cost cutting/new regime collateral damage is an unhappy consequence. The previous management team were a disaster - but the players went hiding and didn't show professional pride when it was needed most.

I do hope we retain JMcD's services - proven good coach with an ability to nurture and develop youngsters.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I must admit I don't understand why Bill Hendry is still in position. It's clear that George Craig is now running the football operation so why keep Hendry on?

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 10:43 PM
I've no issue at all with James' comments. Clearly outlines his fondness for the club and outlines his dissapointment at the potential loss of a good coach and probably friend.

As said on this thread however he would do well to reflect on the part the players played in driving Hibs into relegation where this sort of cost cutting/new regime collateral damage is an unhappy consequence. The previous management team were a disaster - but the players went hiding and didn't show professional pride when it was needed most.

I do hope we retain JMcD's services - proven good coach with an ability to nurture and develop youngsters.

McPakes performance in the league cup against Hearts got Fenlon the sack. He's a cheek to moan about Butcher.

Capt Mainwaring
28-07-2014, 10:49 PM
McPakes performance in the league cup against Hearts got Fenlon the sack. He's a cheek to moan about Butcher.

I believe there was significantly more to Fenlons sacking than that!

Just like anyone on this Forum who cares about Hibs - he's entitled to his view.

macd123
28-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Why is he bringing it up then if he doesn't want to cause controversy? 

So would rather folk not know and just wait for some two line press release from the club thanking him for his service?

This is the first sign of george craig s influence on the club. It's his responsibility. I want to know what people who have worked with mcdonaugh think, and they all seem to think it's a shocking decision.

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:03 PM
“@aaliyahclancy: @Steven_Hendo96 @JamesMcPake6 @jamesyboy8 make Hibs a million??want to look at bill hendry head of academy.like a cancer in that club!!”

Strong words from Clancy

Would you be able to post the rest of the conversation please? Just to grasp the context of what he said! Is he saying them players will make hibs a million quid? And that hendry is terrible?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Clancy describing Bill Hendry as a "cancer" in our club.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Had massive respect for McPake at Hibs but cannot for the life of me understand why he chose to have a "private chat" as he calls it with Caldwell over Twitter. It's childish and he is merely commenting on rumours, in fact a Yam believe it or not has just taken him to task over it and caught him out big time!
Also, if I was a Dundee fan I'd be angry at his apparent obsession with all things Hibs. Perhaps he is bitter about the way it ended with Butcher (maybe rightly so) but he should, as a former capt show us Hibbies a wee bit more respect.

SteveHFC
28-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Had massive respect for McPake at Hibs but cannot for the life of me understand why he chose to have a "private chat" as he calls it with Caldwell over Twitter. It's childish and he is merely commenting on rumours, in fact a Yam believe it or not has just taken him to task over it and caught him out big time!
Also, if I was a Dundee fan I'd be angry at his apparent obsession with all things Hibs. Perhaps he is bitter about the way it ended with Butcher (maybe rightly so) but he should, as a former capt show us Hibbies a wee bit more respect.

silverhibee
28-07-2014, 11:21 PM
I must admit I don't understand why Bill Hendry is still in position. It's clear that George Craig is now running the football operation so why keep Hendry on?

He is Petrie's ears.

Cameron1875
29-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Really hate when people use rape or cancer analogies to try and get their point across. Pretty crass to be honest.

Clancy seems to be a bit of a fud though so no shock coming from him.

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Really hate when people use rape or cancer analogies to try and get their point across. Pretty crass to be honest.

If it was the treatment table that was tweeting about the staffing issues, It would have more credibility, as it supported both James and Tim almost continuously during their tenure at Easter Road.

Gatecrasher
29-07-2014, 06:15 AM
My problem with this type of thing is that it normally comes from players who didn't quite make it at the club, McPake started off very well but his signing turned into a disaster when his form went downhill and he ended up on the treatment table for most of the season.

Did Clancy make double figures in appearences? complete waste of money.

Caldwell has critised our club in the papers - suprise surprise, the laddy can't keep his finger off the tweet button and has made sly digs even when under contract.

If a player that the fans respected gave his opinion people would take notice because his opinion would actually matter, I don't really care what McPake or Clancy etc have to say because their contribution to our club was minimal at best.

Velma Dinkley
29-07-2014, 06:29 AM
McPake, Clancy and their colleagues got us relegated. Any decisions taken due to that, which could be described as a 'shambles', are the result of their achievements at our club.

#2 Double Tap
29-07-2014, 06:37 AM
A.D.D

james u failed at easter road because you was not good enough. the sly digs are pathetic.

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 06:51 AM

He's a human being with a huge love for the club and an understanding of what's going on there. He's seeing a man whom he and many others rate incredibly highly being bullied into accepting a ridiculous new terms and has chosen to comment.

I'm pretty sure Dundee fans wouldn't give a flying fancy about a player who's sticking up for a former colleague who's been forced into a ridiculous position.

Ringothedog
29-07-2014, 06:54 AM
It'll not be Bill Hendry. No chance.

Yes chance.

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 06:56 AM
McPake, Clancy and their colleagues got us relegated. Any decisions taken due to that, which could be described as a 'shambles', are the result of their achievements at our club.

The 3 league games they amassed between them were of course the reason we got relegated.

calumhibee1
29-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Sums it up really. Entitled to his opinion, but he needs to realise that he was part of the squad that took us down leaving these decisions to be made.

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 06:59 AM
My problem with this type of thing is that it normally comes from players who didn't quite make it at the club, McPake started off very well but his signing turned into a disaster when his form went downhill and he ended up on the treatment table for most of the season.

Did Clancy make double figures in appearences? complete waste of money.

Caldwell has critised our club in the papers - suprise surprise, the laddy can't keep his finger off the tweet button and has made sly digs even when under contract.

If a player that the fans respected gave his opinion people would take notice because his opinion would actually matter, I don't really care what McPake or Clancy etc have to say because their contribution to our club was minimal at best.

I doubt we would have stayed up if we hadn't signed McPake from Coventry that season. I would say His contribution was significantly greater than minimal.

Ringothedog
29-07-2014, 07:00 AM
A.D.D

james u failed at easter road because you was not good enough. the sly digs are pathetic.

He "failed" because of a chronic back injury. I don't think he is making sly digs, he is an ex player and captain who has feelings for the club. His opinion is as valid as anyone's if not more so as he has seen what JM does in a coaching capacity with the under 20 team.

Bleeds green
29-07-2014, 07:06 AM
I've no really got a problem with what he's said. I've read folk on here saying as much already.

But, to be blunt, I couldnt care less what James McPakes opinion is on anything to do with Hibs, he might as well have been talking about who'll appear on the next Strictly Come Dancing or what his favourite condiment is. That's what Twitters for though isn't it? People giving their opinion about things when naebody even asked them.

THIS 100 percent

Aitchy
29-07-2014, 07:07 AM
What's all this about

They became first team players because people like you and your over-paid, prima donna teammates were utter gash.

In any case they're the first half-decent youth players to come through in yonks...and even then they only got first team action last season because of the piss poor standards at the club.

I'm not sure how a manager making tough decisions constitutes a shambles.

James, stick to what you're good at.....making desperate, last gasp lunges for the ball because you've allowed the opposition striker to get on the wrong side of you for the umpteenth time.

scott7_0(Prague)
29-07-2014, 07:13 AM

THIS....

Players like McPake contributed to people losing there jobs.

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 07:22 AM
THIS....

Players like McPake contributed to people losing there jobs.

That's right. The 3 games he played were the catalyst.

SanFranHibs
29-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Indeed, on the most recent thread about McGivern, fans were saying they like following ex players, good or bad and others saying any excuse to slag a useless ex player.

Not saying it is the same people on this thread but it works both ways. They are as entitled as Hibs fans to their opinion on recent event.

As the above quoted poster said it sometimes is about respect for people still at the club and trying to support them.

Gatecrasher
29-07-2014, 07:39 AM
I doubt we would have stayed up if we hadn't signed McPake from Coventry that season. I would say His contribution was significantly greater than minimal.

What was his contribution last season when we did get relegated? next to nothing, and the season before that? he made 32 appearences in 2 years not even a seasons worth and during those appearences he was shown to be very poor a lot of the time.
yeah he started well but after those 4 months or so he's done very little.

Velma Dinkley
29-07-2014, 07:45 AM
The 3 league games they amassed between them were of course the reason we got relegated.

If we ignore the sarcasm, you've made an excellent point :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2014, 07:47 AM
I don't mind hearing what ex players have to say, irrespective of how good we think they are. These players were inside the club and know what's going on behind the scenes, it may be their interpretation of it, but it will be with more information than we get in my opinion.

GordonHFC
29-07-2014, 07:56 AM
The issue here is we have ex players commenting on a situation when they were here last season. We all know there were problems last season, and for a good time prior to that, but we now have someone who has come in and realised all of this and has instigated major changes within the club which look like they are happening quickly.

We don't need to know details of what was wrong as long as they are now being addressed.

Lucius Apuleius
29-07-2014, 08:04 AM
James McPake loves and supports Hibs? Really?

hibs4thecup1988
29-07-2014, 08:05 AM

That will be the Fenlon that said he had already decided to walk the Saturday before after the Aberdeen game yeah? :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
29-07-2014, 08:05 AM

Read my quote again - "PLAYERS LIKE" should be the key part to pay attention to.

J-C
29-07-2014, 08:07 AM

Or the fact he was constantly injured and contributed sweet FA to help us when we needed it most. He took a good wage from us for 2 seasons and gave very little back, that in itself helped in our downward spiral.

keep the faith
29-07-2014, 08:17 AM
He's a human being with a huge love for the club and an understanding of what's going on there. He's seeing a man whom he and many others rate incredibly highly being bullied into accepting a ridiculous new terms and has chosen to comment.

I'm pretty sure Dundee fans wouldn't give a flying fancy about a player who's sticking up for a former colleague who's been forced into a ridiculous position.

I agree with this. I really dislike the way we turn on ex players on here.

BSEJVT
29-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Wow what a stooshie over nothing.

He's entitled to his opinion and he is better placed to comment on James McDonagh's abilities, if indeed that's what he was commenting upon than most of us.

I have also heard nothing but good things about James from a guy involved at the club I know.

But these things happen in football and maybe the club want to go in another direction or need to cut costs.

All though not ideal the situation we find ourselves in forces us to make hard decisions and maybe we needed to gut the backroom staff from top to bottom, to make sure everyone was pulling in the same direction or had the right mix of abilities to get us there.

We simply haven't either brought through or bought in enough decent quality youth by comparison to most of our peers since the golden generation.

If all or any of these changes alter that then losing one good guy is a price worth paying.

One definition of insanity is to keep doing what you have always done and expect different results.

Maybe the madness that has surrounded the club for years is finally lifting.

SlickShoes
29-07-2014, 08:23 AM
So the club are a shambles because someone has been asked to take a pay cut?

Maybe if the players had avoided relegation JMcD wouldn't need to take a pay cut.

While we have some promising youngsters none of them have turned in to tangible assets yet, they are all still raw potential with some already moved on. It's been a terrible time for the club and to have ex-players taking veiled digs at the club while not disclosing what the problem actually is seems just daft.

If what I have heard about James from last season is true then he is a total shambles.

See I can do it too, magic.

Just Alf
29-07-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't mind hearing what ex players have to say, irrespective of how good we think they are. These players were inside the club and know what's going on behind the scenes, it may be their interpretation of it, but it will be with more information than we get in my opinion.

:agree:

So basically James McP has read what is probably going on at EM (possibly on here :wink: ) and "we" as a support are laying in to him for agreeing with our majority opinion? .... do i have that right? :confused:

Sergio sledge
29-07-2014, 08:43 AM

So James McD is being "bullied" by the club now? How do you know the new terms are ridiculous?

I'm pretty sure that it is fairly standard when a company is restructured that people in existing roles will be either asked to change roles on different terms or even asked to re-interview for a new role. How exactly are Hibs bullying him?

It is sad that some of the fallout from relegation seems to be affecting popular members of staff at the club, particularly when, like James McDonough, they didn't have a huge amount of, if any, responsibility for the relegation. It is particularly difficult if you know the affected people personally, like McPake does. Unfortunately this is the position that we find ourselves in and there was always going to be some collateral damage, especially with the new structure being implemented.

None of us, including McPake, know for sure if this is going to be a successful re-structure or not, we'll find out in a few years I guess. I think it is fair for McPake to comment, but calling it a shambles when he doesn't know if the rumours are true or not and also doesn't know whether the move will be a success or not is unfair from McPake.

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 08:43 AM
What was his contribution last season when we did get relegated? next to nothing, and the season before that? he made 32 appearences in 2 years not even a seasons worth and during those appearences he was shown to be very poor a lot of the time.
yeah he started well but after those 4 months or so he's done very little.

His contribution was being injured. It still doesn't minimise his contribution to us staying up in the season he arrived.

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 08:44 AM

This:agree:

brog
29-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Firstly I have no problem with JMcP tweeting about Hibs. As others have pointed out we're in the age of social media with its benefits & pitfalls. Re J McD, I've never met him but many respected posters on here have & in common with these ex & current players, they appear to hold him in high regard. It's a fact that James has contributed to the development of about 1/3 of our current 1st team squad. It's a valid point that their progress has to be measured against the overall quality of our squad but nearly every one of these guys has been capped at under age level, so someone else rates them!
Finally, this does remind me a bit of the banking crisis, the lower-level folks like James take the hit & those at the top & culpable, in this case Butcher & Malpas sail blithely on. As I posted earlier, for what can only be a relatively small sum I think we've scored an og here.

jdships
29-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Not quite sure what he is trying to say/prove other than he is a SHONET stirrer
Only met him a couple of times and wouldn't say he was the brightest star in the universe :rolleyes:

He is just another " yesterdays man" let's move on :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
29-07-2014, 09:00 AM
His contribution was being injured. It still doesn't minimise his contribution to us staying up in the season he arrived.

I'm not trying to minimise his contribution and acknowledged his positive contribution in the 2 posts I made on the subject but that doesn't mean he's free of critisism for the rest of the time he spent at hibs. For well over a year with us he contributed absolutely nothing.

jdships
29-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm not trying to minimise his contribution and acknowledged his positive contribution in the 2 posts I made on the subject but that doesn't mean he's free of critisism for the rest of the time he spent at hibs. For well over a year with us he contributed absolutely nothing.

Put very well IMHO :agree:

Turkish Green
29-07-2014, 09:19 AM
By all accounts, from the people that know (the U20s), JMcD is an excellent well liked coach, however Hibs have gone into partnership with The Spartans to run the youth development programme. The youth management organisation needs re-structured and the coaches have been affected.

If JMcD wasn't so likable then maybe there would not be such a stooshie.

Leithenhibby
29-07-2014, 09:24 AM

This....... :aok:

This.

Don't want to say anything. Well don't then

& This....... :aok:

matty_f
29-07-2014, 09:28 AM
I don't have any problems with McPake commenting on Hibs. I absolutely back his support of James McDonaugh 100%.

The shambles comment is out of order though. Being part of a squad that relegated Hibs is a shambles. This situation is the consequence of that shambles.

Borderhibbie76
29-07-2014, 09:39 AM
I don't have any problems with McPake commenting on Hibs. I absolutely back his support of James McDonaugh 100%.

The shambles comment is out of order though. Being part of a squad that relegated Hibs is a shambles. This situation is the consequence of that shambles.
Absolutely 100%! The use of the words shambles and cancer from 2 ex hibs players who lets be honest contributed practically the square root of f@@@ all last season between then...now that's the shambles.

--------
29-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Wow what a stooshie over nothing.

He's entitled to his opinion and he is better placed to comment on James McDonagh's abilities, if indeed that's what he was commenting upon than most of us.

I have also heard nothing but good things about James from a guy involved at the club I know.

But these things happen in football and maybe the club want to go in another direction or need to cut costs.

All though not ideal the situation we find ourselves in forces us to make hard decisions and maybe we needed to gut the backroom staff from top to bottom, to make sure everyone was pulling in the same direction or had the right mix of abilities to get us there.

We simply haven't either brought through or bought in enough decent quality youth by comparison to most of our peers since the golden generation.

If all or any of these changes alter that then losing one good guy is a price worth paying.

One definition of insanity is to keep doing what you have always done and expect different results.

Maybe the madness that has surrounded the club for years is finally lifting.

I don't want to see anyone losing his job, but I agree with you here - pay cuts are a direct result of the club's relegation. And the club's relegation was the result of a whole lot of people not doing their jobs as well as they should have. You might say - including players like McPake and Caldwell.

Reading the initial three tweets and taking account of what he actually says, all he's doing is expressing concern about the possibliity that a friend of his may be either having to take a pay-cut or be facing redundancy. That's no problem, except that doing so on a public forum creates the sort of controversy we're seeing on this forum now.

That's all I've seen - I've no idea what else - if anything - he's said about the club.

I haven't seen what Caldwell has said, so I won't comment except to say that he didn't make it at ER; he has a second chance at St Mirren, and I hope he takes it. But I don't think that either of them should be passing comment in public about the affairs of their former employers.

This is why so many contracts in football these days have non-disclosure clauses in them - don't talk about your time at the club after you've left or we'll sue, sort of thing. Maybe it has to become a standard clause - part of the fine-print boilerplate, so to speak.

And how would either of them like it if someone from Hibs went on Twitter or whatever making vague suggestions and passing sly digs about their time at ER?

Or about the "REAL reasons" their services weren't retained by the new management team?

Brightside
29-07-2014, 09:48 AM
By all accounts, from the people that know (the U20s), JMcD is an excellent well liked coach, however Hibs have gone into partnership with The Spartans to run the youth development programme. The youth management organisation needs re-structured and the coaches have been affected.

If JMcD wasn't so likable then maybe there would not be such a stooshie.

I thought the Spartans link was to improve the much younger kids? Now that really is a shambles at Hibs!

Hibeesmad
29-07-2014, 09:58 AM
James McPake loves and supports Hibs? Really?

He probably has respect for the club but I'm sure he supports Celtic

Geo_1875
29-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Firstly I have no problem with JMcP tweeting about Hibs. As others have pointed out we're in the age of social media with its benefits & pitfalls. Re J McD, I've never met him but many respected posters on here have & in common with these ex & current players, they appear to hold him in high regard. It's a fact that James has contributed to the development of about 1/3 of our current 1st team squad. It's a valid point that their progress has to be measured against the overall quality of our squad but nearly every one of these guys has been capped at under age level, so someone else rates them!
Finally, this does remind me a bit of the banking crisis, the lower-level folks like James take the hit & those at the top & culpable, in this case Butcher & Malpas sail blithely on. As I posted earlier, for what can only be a relatively small sum I think we've scored an og here.

Do you think not think it's acceptable that a youth coach at a Championship club is paid less than a youth coach at a Premier club?

Winston Ingram
29-07-2014, 10:20 AM

I was only questioning the description of his contribution of being minimal. His first season was anything but. I'ma aware that his back knackered his second season and TB never picked him for the last 3 months of his 3rd preferring Michael Nelson.

Gatecrasher
29-07-2014, 10:39 AM
I was only questioning the description of his contribution of being minimal. His first season was anything but. I'ma aware that his back knackered his second season and TB never picked him for the last 3 months of his 3rd preferring Michael Nelson.

We only seen the best of McPake 4/5 months out of a 2 and a half year spell. If that's not minimal I don't know what is to be honest.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2014, 10:45 AM
I thought the Spartans link was to improve the much younger kids? Now that really is a shambles at Hibs!

Why is it a shambles?

Turkish Green
29-07-2014, 10:49 AM
I do not see it so. It will obviously take some time to organise the age groups but in the long run it can only be to Hibs advantage.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2014, 10:55 AM

I think the whole club has been a shambles, its watched by doing sweet FA while its gone from one disaster to another.

I think now that with the overhaul in the boardroom and the management staff, things are on the up. :pray: And with any overhaul, the new people will have different ideas from those they replaced.

Some we will agree with and some we won't, thats the breaks when a club has underperformed that much its 1st team are relegated.

If we dont back this new wind thats supposed to be blowing through the club, then we are not fully behind those in charge of doing it.

Once again Matty the proof is in the pudding, and we will need a little patience to see if this works?

Where have i heard that before? :greengrin

jacomo
29-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Would be nice to hear Butchers opinion on the ramifications of relegation for people still at Hibs.

Yuillsy
29-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Would be nice to hear Butchers opinion on the ramifications of relegation for people still at Hibs.

He's too busy enjoying his salary and doing his garden!!!!

silverhibee
29-07-2014, 11:33 AM

Stop it eh, he couldn't give a toss about Hibs, this isn't the first time he has had a go at our club, he should tweet about his real love celtc and f*** off and forget about Hibs, it ain't his business and never has been what happens with the coaches at Hibs.

Who is bullying JM.?

Shall we turn on Stubbs Dempster and Craig and chase them out the club because big bad James has tweeted his usual dig at Hibs.

Last Minute
29-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Stop it eh, he couldn't give a toss about Hibs, this isn't the first time he has had a go at our club, he should tweet about his real love celtc and f*** off and forget about Hibs, it ain't his business and never has been what happens with the coaches at Hibs.

Who is bullying JM.?

Shall we turn on Stubbs Dempster and Craig and chase them out the club because big bad James has tweeted his usual dig at Hibs.

:aok:

Brightside
29-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I do not see it so. It will obviously take some time to organise the age groups but in the long run it can only be to Hibs advantage.

Just to be clear - i mean the Spartans thing will help Hibs. I am not a fan of the current Hibs coaching setup at everything up to u13. I'd rather they stepped back and let Spartans do that.

brog
29-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Do you think not think it's acceptable that a youth coach at a Championship club is paid less than a youth coach at a Premier club?

In principle that's fine but most businesses now measure by performance. James managed 2 teams last season, won both trophies open to one team & finished 3rd behind OF in the other. Meanwhile he provided 5 or 6 U 20 players to the 1st team, unlike his OF counterparts. That's success by any measure. He played no part in our relegation but has suffered disproportionately to the players & management who took us down. If that happened to you at your business would you consider that acceptable?

Iceman1875
29-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Until the club issues a statement it's all speculation.

I don't have an issue with JMcP being concerned about our well being.

--------
29-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Who is bullying JM.?

Absolutely not.

I live in the Airdrie area, as does McP, and everyone I've spoken to who knows him knows that he's a Soapdodger.

BVB Hibs
29-07-2014, 12:50 PM
His comments are fair. He supports JMcD and thinks that the situation surrounding him is ridiculous. Sticking up for a former colleague who he feels has done a good job. What's the issue?

Was I do take issue with is the continual blaming of injured players on this forum. Injured players aren't players who didn't want to play. They didn't get injured on purpose. They didn't put a half arsed effort into getting better. Being injured is nobodies fault and it's part of parcel of the game. You can't say a player was as culpable for relegation because he got injured and therefore couldn't play. It's a stupid argument, and really irks me, but it seems it's pretty common consensus on here. As far as I'm concerned, if McPake hadn't been injured last year and had partnered Hanlon at CB we'd not have gone down. Just because that wasn't a possibility doesn't make it his fault.

Geo_1875
29-07-2014, 12:52 PM
In principle that's fine but most businesses now measure by performance. James managed 2 teams last season, won both trophies open to one team & finished 3rd behind OF in the other. Meanwhile he provided 5 or 6 U 20 players to the 1st team, unlike his OF counterparts. That's success by any measure. He played no part in our relegation but has suffered disproportionately to the players & management who took us down. If that happened to you at your business would you consider that acceptable?

It depends on the nature of the business and whether your input is measured in isolation. I can sit around all day making sure my little bit of work is done and go home satisfied. However, if the product fails my arse is in a sling along with the rest of the employees.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Just to be clear - i mean the Spartans thing will help Hibs. I am not a fan of the current Hibs coaching setup at everything up to u13. I'd rather they stepped back and let Spartans do that.

That's pretty much what's happening. Your 100% correct in the way Hibs handle kids football. All about to change now though, hopefully.

H18 SFR
29-07-2014, 04:38 PM

Well said Jonny, I don't get the 'he's left so can't have an opinion pish you get on here'. Some of the smash you read on here is a complete joke.

Lucius Apuleius
29-07-2014, 05:39 PM
No problem with him having an opinion nor voicing it. Where I do have a problem is insinuations. If he has something to say about Butcher have the balls to come out and say it. Speak up or GTF.

3pm
29-07-2014, 05:42 PM
He didn't have to go public. He didn't have to refer to it as a 'shambles'.

If he wanted to show support to James McD, could he not have text him? Or went mental and phoned him?

Yep, there is something afoot but by his own admission, it's a 'rumour'. This is the guy who done his nut in when folk circulated 'rumours' about his fitness.

And on the subject of fitness, this is the guy who admitted he was wrong to delay back surgery. Consequence? Off after 10 minutes of the Malmo game and the rushed signing off Michael Nelson if memory serves me correctly.

For me, he shouldn't be passing comment.

Ack well...

edwards
29-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Yep spot on. :top marks

mjhibby
29-07-2014, 08:27 PM
That's pretty much what's happening. Your 100% correct in the way Hibs handle kids football. All about to change now though, hopefully.

Took my wee boy to the hibs kids open day last November and wasn't impressed with the set up at all. From what I saw there doesn't seem to be a passion for developing players and other dads have told me the same regards lads who are with hibs. I know the under 20s do well but when they get into the first team they seem to stall. I think ld and our new boss realise this and are now looking at ensuring that we get more from east mains. I've nothing against Jd but feel what the new set up is doing is the right thing. As for mcpake he is entitled to his opinion but isn't a hibs player anymore so we shouldn't be affected by what he says.

Ross89
29-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I have sympathy for McDonagh of course, but the reality is that despite having inferior facilities other clubs (including Hearts) have brought through better young players than us.

In Eddie May We Trust.

Bishop Hibee
29-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Bottom line is that no member of staff should feel secure after 5 seasons of decline.

Ross89
29-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Bottom line is that no member of staff should feel secure after 5 seasons of decline.

Totally agree.

RIP Bestie
29-07-2014, 09:54 PM

Who is bullying JM.?

I wonder when people will cotton on to McPake. He's an attention seeker. Lauded at this club for giving us something we didn't have within a group of mercenaries for a very short period of time and was then found out for what he is, a less than average player. Wasn't interested in him playing for us and even less interested in his opinion of us. Cheerio McPake

sesoim
29-07-2014, 11:05 PM

:agree: We might not agree with him or any of the other ex-players, but I'm all for people being allowed to speak their mind. I'd rather hear people's genuine opinions than the standard, pointless, pc friendly empty rhetoric we hear all the time.

Borderhibbie76
29-07-2014, 11:09 PM
He didn't have to go public. He didn't have to refer to it as a 'shambles'.

If he wanted to show support to James McD, could he not have text him? Or went mental and phoned him?

Yep, there is something afoot but by his own admission, it's a 'rumour'. This is the guy who done his nut in when folk circulated 'rumours' about his fitness.

And on the subject of fitness, this is the guy who admitted he was wrong to delay back surgery. Consequence? Off after 10 minutes of the Malmo game and the rushed signing off Michael Nelson if memory serves me correctly.

For me, he shouldn't be passing comment.

Ack well...
Exactly what I tweeted him myself last night...if he wanted to have a "private chat" as he put it with Caldwell he could have text or phoned him. But no they were both itching to have a dig at Hibs...poor stuff from a former capt of club. Maybe he should concentrate on trying to get in double figures in appearances for Dundee this season instead of concern for our coaching staff??

lEXO
29-07-2014, 11:10 PM

Agree 100%.

hibbymick
30-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Wonder if he ever tweeted anything when he crumbled against Jim goodwin.

Ozyhibby
30-07-2014, 07:59 AM
:agree: We might not agree with him or any of the other ex-players, but I'm all for people being allowed to speak their mind. I'd rather hear people's genuine opinions than the standard, pointless, pc friendly empty rhetoric we hear all the time.

He's not speaking his mind though is he. There are no specifics in anything he says. Just innuendo. He is s*** stirring. If he has something to say about what has happened or is happening then he should come out and say it properly. As far as I can see, he is just abusing the club without giving a reason.

Ozyhibby
30-07-2014, 08:33 AM

He's not speaking his mind though is he. There are no specifics in anything he says. Just innuendo. He is s*** stirring. If he has something to say about what has happened or is happening then he should come out and say it properly. As far as I can see, he is just abusing the club without giving a reason.

oneone73
30-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Wonder if he ever tweeted anything when he crumbled against Jim goodwin.

Do you mean Michael Higdon? That time at Fir Park?

bigwheel
30-07-2014, 08:39 AM

That's the one I remember. Totally dominated ....wouldn't imagine him Goodwin ever got that far forward !

jdships
30-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Now that is just plain common sense :top marks

hibbymick
31-07-2014, 07:33 PM

Aye thats the one :aok:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Aye thats the one :aok:

Hi pal, is it next week you are down?

GoldenEagle
01-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Soon find out as Eddie May has just resigned from his role at Stirling Uni....

hibbymick
02-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Hi pal, is it next week you are down?

Aye Gaz, ive sent you a PM.

exHIBition
04-08-2014, 12:44 PM

The word 'cancer' does not always refer to a disease....all about context!

Smartie
04-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I heard from a pretty good source that McPake had to contribute significantly towards his medical costs last season, that Hibs would pretty much only cover bargain basement treatment for what was for him a career-threatening injury.

If he held a bit of a grudge against the club then I wouldn't really blame him under these conditions. If Hibs then treated a mate of his shabbily then I'd expect him to have something to say about it.

I also heard that he was fully fit and played very well in Dundee's win over Man City a few weeks back.

Last Minute
04-08-2014, 12:59 PM
so what the guy is a bell end

calumhibee1
04-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I heard from a pretty good source that McPake had to contribute significantly towards his medical costs last season, that Hibs would pretty much only cover bargain basement treatment for what was for him a career-threatening injury.

If he held a bit of a grudge against the club then I wouldn't really blame him under these conditions. If Hibs then treated a mate of his shabbily then I'd expect him to have something to say about it.

I also heard that he was fully fit and played very well in Dundee's win over Man City a few weeks back.

He was also apparently told to retire and that his injury wouldn't get any better. Hibs then have to turn round at some point and say to him "if you're not going to listen to medical advice then we're not going to shell out a fortune on treatments we've been advised won't work for you."

Ozyhibby
04-08-2014, 01:12 PM

The player consistently misrepresented the extent of the injury to the club. I'm not surprised we felt the need minimise the cost of treating it.

marinello59
04-08-2014, 01:37 PM

Bargain basement treatment? Sorry, I simply don't believe this.

Iggy Pope
04-08-2014, 03:02 PM

Did your pretty good source explain why all this treatment that came at a cost to both Hibs and James still left him well short of being in a position to earn a contract at his employer?

I only ask, as I watched him being squeezed into the U20s v Kilmarnock (three days before their big team cemented our big team into the play offs) and he was frankly, rank. A performance which contributed in its own way, to end any slim shout the U20s had of sneaking the title. William Gros pummelled him all over the place. Killie obviously thought that didn't warrant a slot the following Saturday.

I seen him play 90mins twice all season.

He should stick in at Dundee while he can and shut the **** up.

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM

I do.

PH had a similar issue with his knee

jdships
04-08-2014, 03:13 PM

:agree::thumbsup:
There must be some special reason if this is true as the two Hibs players I know who had serious injury problems last season got the best of treatment "free" even to the extent that medics came to the house to help with the rehab ,
I have known a few Hibs players who have attended Murrayfield Hospital at the club's expense in the past including one of my rellies !!
:flag:

Smartie
04-08-2014, 03:19 PM

Fair enough, but why not? The other posters who responded to my post didn't so much find it hard to believe but understandable from Hibs' point of view why this would be done. I'm inclined to agree - he was done in last November, was clearly on a big wage and it was unclear/unlikely that he would play for us again last season regardless of the outcome of the surgery. Why invest in someone who would (in all likelihood) be off the books the following summer? Meanwhile I can see why this might hack McPake off.

I also heard the same about Hanlon's medical treatment last year, which was far more of a surprise to me, given the length of his contract and "sell-on" potential.

Smartie
04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Did your pretty good source explain why all this treatment that came at a cost to both Hibs and James still left him well short of being in a position to earn a contract at his employer?

I only ask, as I watched him being squeezed into the U20s v Kilmarnock (three days before their big team cemented our big team into the play offs) and he was frankly, rank. A performance which contributed in its own way, to end any slim shout the U20s had of sneaking the title. William Gros pummelled him all over the place. Killie obviously thought that didn't warrant a slot the following Saturday.

I seen him play 90mins twice all season.

He should stick in at Dundee while he can and shut the **** up.

I don't think that anyone should be judged on the merits of whether or not Butcher's regime deemed them worthy of a new contract as they clearly knew hee-haw.

Many players played very badly for us last year for a multitude of reasons. McPake was no different - injury/recovery from injury/disillusionment with management may have contributed to substandard performances from him at all levels.

FWIW here's my opinion on McPake - outstanding when on loan, as good as we've had there for years and exactly what we needed at the time and worthy of us gambling a contract on based on what we'd seen up to then. Gamble backfired as chronic injury flared up. Very difficult to gauge what of his problems with form since then can be attributed to his injury, I'm not convinced he was ever fit, but if he wasn't fit I have immense respect for someone who was putting their body on the line for our club. Our omnishambles from the top down at Hibs over the past few years mean that I could believe just about anything that has gone on, including underfunding medical treatment. As the club captain, like Liam Craig, he's probably been thrust into an even more prominent and awkward position at the club as there has been serious unrest behind the scenes. He'll feel wronged by what has gone on and when he sees what he deems to be further shoddy treatment being meted out by the club to his mates, he'll feel inclined to speak out.

We could do with a fully-fit Mcpake this season, but the gamble on his fitness was probably always going to be one that was too big given the situation we find ourselves in.

I wish he'd shut up but get why he won't.

jdships
04-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Think the pertinent part her is " I also heard ......."
None of us, unless we know McPake well or work at Easter Road , knows the truth
I can only say what my lad told me re himself a year or so ago in asmuch as he was " well looked after" !