PDA

View Full Version : When we discuss players: 1, 2, 3.

Jack
28-07-2014, 08:36 PM
There's been a lot of chat about our players, past (last season), present and future.

And maybe when we're chatting about them we should be clearer about where we see them, where the club sees them.

1. First, first team pick. When he's available he plays. Might not be available due to injuries or suspension, otherwise he'll play.

2. Back up player. Damn close to being first team pick and pushing that player for the position.

3. Academy player. Young and eager to be the first pick, never mind back up, don't you just love callous youth? This is our star of the future who has no fear.

That's what the club is doing ... "Jack"ed up a bit!

When we chat about players I think its really important we think (hard), for some folk just thinking would be a good start, before we give our 'encouragement' on here and more importantly at matches.

If we need to play with the back up player, keep calm. If its a development player lets get behind the laddie, even if he ****s up, lets all get together with him and will him to be the best Hibernian footballer there's been. It can't do any harm and at the end of the day AS will decide.

The first picks deserve all they get ... NO, they need us to get behind them too. You know it makes sense.

Consider the players in these terms. Consider your contribution, and I don't mean money.

PatHead
28-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Great post

Jack
28-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Great post

Settle.

PatHead
28-07-2014, 10:27 PM
The atmosphere has to improve though Jack. A common sense approach by a lot of these experts on the terracing who couldn't trap a ball need to remember what you have said

R11Loaded
28-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Times towards the end of last season the team could be drawing 0-0 and pass the ball from centre mid to full back and start hearing boos or people questioning them.

Not that I don't blame Terry Butcher. But as fans we seemed so worn out by some of the rubbish we'd seen we just didn't want to "support" the players.

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Think your right for most postions we have back up or a youngster ready

Oxley - Combe - Pentreou(sp)
Gray - Forster - Dunsmore
Forster - Nelson
Hanlon - Martinyiuk/Gardiner
Stevenson - Booth

Harris - Todd
Craig - Tudor Jones - Jordan Sinclair
Robertson - Scott Allan - Scott Martin
Stanton - Booth

Allan - Handling

El Alagui - Heffernan - Cummings - Allan - Duthie

This is going on what i expect our startin xi to be. Understand theres an awful lot of young lads there but the situation where they are all playing is very rare. Alot of our team is flexible where they can play and can fill positions if struggling like booth, stevenson, Handling , Allan, Robertson, forster which means a more experienced player could come in and our squad has minimal movement.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2014, 01:38 AM
There's been a lot of chat about our players, past (last season), present and future.

And maybe when we're chatting about them we should be clearer about where we see them, where the club sees them.

1. First, first team pick. When he's available he plays. Might not be available due to injuries or suspension, otherwise he'll play.

2. Back up player. Damn close to being first team pick and pushing that player for the position.

3. Academy player. Young and eager to be the first pick, never mind back up, don't you just love callous youth? This is our star of the future who has no fear.

That's what the club is doing ... "Jack"ed up a bit!

When we chat about players I think its really important we think (hard), for some folk just thinking would be a good start, before we give our 'encouragement' on here and more importantly at matches.

If we need to play with the back up player, keep calm. If its a development player lets get behind the laddie, even if he ****s up, lets all get together with him and will him to be the best Hibernian footballer there's been. It can't do any harm and at the end of the day AS will decide.

The first picks deserve all they get ... NO, they need us to get behind them too. You know it makes sense.

Consider the players in these terms. Consider your contribution, and I don't mean money.

Actually support the team you mean? ;)

Cue...
"I pay my money can say what I like"
"It's just a message board I don't vent on a Saturday"
....amongst the wind-up merchants, yams and other sensible bits and pieces.

Id say there's been in the past an accumulation of frustration and bad feeling, fear and at times (self) loathing and it reached boiling point - it's like Ghostbusters and the bad feelings of New Yorkers.. ;)

So what to do? Show player abusers the red card! by making another Green day showing our absolute support for the team might be a start. But it's difficult to fix this one as the fractures have appeared over a number of years and managerial reigns. finally "Talking the talks and walking the walk" from management and players will go a long way, going on a rich run of form will also help let's build that winning mentality that's been missing far too long.

lord bunberry
29-07-2014, 08:20 AM
If the team plays well and wins matches then the fans will be supportive even if there's the odd bad performance thrown in. If we play terrible and lose all the time then the fans will get on the players backs, that's the same story with every team in the country. Some people on here seem to think our fans are the worst in the world but the reality is we're no different to any other teams supporters.