PDA

View Full Version : Morris Stevenson Remembered

Hibs History
28-07-2014, 01:12 PM
The Hibernian Historical Trust obituary for Former Hibs player Morris Stevenson (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/blog/item/189-morris-stevenson) who sadly passed away last week

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/blog/item/189-morris-stevenson)

Please share any memories you have of Morris below

Golden Bear
28-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I do have early recollections of Morris's era and he was part of a team which included such illustrious names as Ronnie Simpson, Gerry Baker, Jim Scott, Eric Stevenson and Jimmy O'Rourke.

RIP Morris and condolences to the Family.

tomhorn
28-07-2014, 03:08 PM
This is a great article and I will make sure that I share this directly with the family. There is a great thread about Morris on the Morton forum at the moment too and the family have loved reading the recollections of Morton fans. Morris spent the bulk of his career at Morton but remebered his time at Hibs fondly too and always had a bit of a soft spot for Hibs.

Loved and sadly missed.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Sounds like he was competent player that might have done better under a better manager.

Great to hear he played for Cockenzie Star, quite a team in their day.

Hibs History
28-07-2014, 03:57 PM
This is a great article and I will make sure that I share this directly with the family. There is a great thread about Morris on the Morton forum at the moment too and the family have loved reading the recollections of Morton fans. Morris spent the bulk of his career at Morton but remebered his time at Hibs fondly too and always had a bit of a soft spot for Hibs.

Loved and sadly missed.

Many thanks for this.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Great read.

Not a player I'd heard of before (however my dad had and spoke well of him) but my condolences to his family.

Forza Fred
28-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Remember him we'll.

Could be wrong but I think he scored against Utrecht in the game Jimmy O'Rourke made his debut in.

At the Dunbar end.

scoopyboy
28-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Possibly the finest footballer to come out of the East Lothian village of Elphinstone.

heretoday
28-07-2014, 10:00 PM
He was in the first Hibs team I saw. Strong going forward is all I remember. They weren't much good but soon Jock Stein was to change that.

The Harp
28-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Saddened to hear of Morris's passing. Remember him well from his time at Hibs. He was one of 3 Stevensons who were on the books at ER at the time - Eric, Jimmy (who, if I'm not mistaken was Jimmy O'Rourke's cousin) and Morris.
Always thought Morris was a fine player.
Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

madsen5
29-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Saddened to hear of Morris's passing. Remember him well from his time at Hibs. He was one of 3 Stevensons who were on the books at ER at the time - Eric, Jimmy (who, if I'm not mistaken was Jimmy O'Rourke's cousin) and Morris.
Always thought Morris was a fine player.
Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP
Morris was an excellent player, fondly remembered
, condolences to the family .

tomhorn
30-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Fantastic peice here in The Scotsman

http://m.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-morris-stevenson-footballer-1-3492622