PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Prices - Feedback from fans

Paloschi
28-07-2014, 11:32 AM
I was looking the single match ticket prices for our upcoming season and wanted to know a few of things:

Did the fans that meet with LD request these prices to be reduced?

If this was requested did LD state why they would not be reduced?

Also I think the prices are ridiculous, if you look at the Livingston game, 1st of the season, there may have been a decrease in price to encourage more fans to the game. £22 for an adult is shocking for the level of football we get (Scottish, Second Tier) and for the product we have shown over the last few seasons.

What is the general consensus on here? :confused:

I cannot purchase a season ticket as I sometimes have to work a Saturday and would also like to pick and choose games when they suit me. I am aware there was no reduction in season ticket prices.

silverhibee
28-07-2014, 11:36 AM
I was looking the single match ticket prices for our upcoming season and wanted to know a few of things:

Also I think the prices are ridiculous, if you look at the Livingston game, 1st of the season, there may have been a decrease in price to encourage more fans to the game. £22 for an adult is shocking for the level of football we get (Scottish, Second Tier) and for the product we have shown over the last few seasons.

I cannot purchase a season ticket as I sometimes have to work a Saturday and would also like to pick and choose games when they suit me. I am aware there was no reduction in season ticket prices.

:timebomb:

:tin hat:

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Season Ticket prices are remaining the same. Do you think it should be cheaper for walk ups then?

Paloschi
28-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Season Ticket prices are remaining the same. Do you think it should be cheaper for walk ups then?

No.

I know that both are not getting reduced and I think Season tickets should have been reduced too.

I wanted to know if there was pressure out on LD by fans to reduce ticket prices and what her reasons were at the meeting?

Also wanted to know if people agree or disagree with the prices.

Beefster
28-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I cannot purchase a season ticket as I sometimes have to work a Saturday and would also like to pick and choose games when they suit me

Does this mean you would have bought a ST at existing prices (without work getting in the way) but won't pay £22 for the odd game?

Edit: I think I missed your point. I think the majority view was that prices should remain the same but that those who buy STs should be given 'more value' (whatever that ends up meaning).

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2014, 11:43 AM
No.

I know that both are not getting reduced and I think Season tickets should have been reduced too.

I wanted to know if there was pressure out on LD by fans to reduce ticket prices and what her reasons were at the meeting?

Also wanted to know if people agree or disagree with the prices.

It all depends on whether you would rather see the Club have more money to spend, giving us a greater chance at promotion, or cutting admission prices, thus cutting the playing budget back?

Paloschi
28-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Does this mean you would have bought a ST at existing prices (without work getting in the way) but won't pay £22 for the odd game?

Maybe, would require a bit of thinking on my part if i'm honest as I feel it is expensive.

Never said I wouldn't pay for the odd game as I will be going to a few this season but think it is overpriced.

HappyAsHellas
28-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I am not a ST holder as my work rota involves alternate weekends. The walk up price has to remain the same as this is only fair to ST buyers. Not sure we'll get a lot of away fans through the doors with these prices, but apart from the big three, no other team has a large traveling support anyway. If what I have seen so far is an indication of the type of football we'll be playing this season, then it'll be worth it when you take last seasons performances into account.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 11:47 AM

Glad you brought this up. I would hate for this to go unremarked upon all summer.

PatHead
28-07-2014, 11:53 AM
It was raised but due to the cost of a season ticket the prices cannot be reduced. Season tickets offer poor enough value.

BTW Hearts tickets for category B games are £27, £23, £19 and £17 depending on where you are sitting. Hearts also charge £1.50 for paying by debit/credit card and do not have print at home option.

Rangers are charging between £23 and £32 for tickets for the Hearts game. I don't know if they charge for mailing.

It therefore seems our tickets are competitively priced compared to our main rivals

leggeto
28-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Why cant we get a £25 kids season ticket for the east

TamHibs
28-07-2014, 11:58 AM
It was raised but due to the cost of a season ticket the prices cannot be reduced. Season tickets offer poor enough value.

BTW Hearts tickets for category B games are £27, £23, £19 and £17 depending on where you are sitting. Hearts also charge £1.50 for paying by debit/credit card and do not have print at home option.

Rangers are charging between £23 and £32 for tickets for the Hearts game. I don't know if they charge for mailing.

It therefore seems our tickets are competitively priced compared to our main rivals

Damn, beat me to it. Was about to post the exact same thing. Fans want us to be competitve with our 2 main rivals for promotion, yet want us to reduce our income by lowering prices.

Can't have it all ways I'm afriad.

TamHibs
28-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Why cant we get a £25 kids season ticket for the east

I'd imagine this would be because the East is our most popular stand, in theory, so Hibs are looking to maximise income? :dunno:

WeeRussell
28-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Glad you brought this up. I would hate for this to go unremarked upon all summer.

Seriously :confused:

As far as I can see, there isn't a thread with "season ticket" or "ticket prices" in the title on the front page of the main forum. Therefore, if the OP is curious, surely he is entitled to open a thread and allow those that are able and willing to offer a helpful response. He probably doesn't spend as much time on here as yourself. Perhaps it would have been more helpful to refer him to one of the previous threads that have covered this rather than playing the smert erse?

As far as repetition of themes across threads is concerned - I think constantly breaking up other people's discussions with negative posts or attempts to rub-up other members the wrong way is far more irritating than querying something that may already have been covered.

All my opinion of course.

Hibby Bairn
28-07-2014, 12:04 PM
I think maybe the point the OP is trying to make is whether in isolation we all feel that £22 is a fair price to pay for a home Championship (First Division - old Second Division) match v say Cowdenbeath, Livingston or Alloa Athletic?

I guess simple economics of supply and demand will tell. At the moment I would think that supply far outstrips demand and therefore prices should come down. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I think maybe the point the OP is trying to make is whether in isolation we all feel that £22 is a fair price to pay for a home Championship (First Division - old Second Division) match v say Cowdenbeath, Livingston or Alloa Athletic?

I guess simple economics of supply and demand will tell. At the moment I would think that supply far outstrips demand and therefore prices should come down. :aok:

Would that not be unfair on ST holders then?

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 12:16 PM

As far as I can see, there isn't a thread with "season ticket" or "ticket prices" in the title on the front page of the main forum. Therefore, if the OP is curious, surely he is entitled to open a thread and allow those that are able and willing to offer a helpful response. He probably doesn't spend as much time on here as yourself. Perhaps it would have been more helpful to refer him to one of the previous threads that have covered this rather than playing the smert erse?

As far as repetition of themes across threads is concerned - I think constantly breaking up other people's discussions with negative posts or attempts to rub-up other members the wrong way is far more irritating than querying something that may already have been covered.

:-)

CropleyisGod
28-07-2014, 12:18 PM

I suppose that a decision to go/not to go is pretty much all or nothing and won't be swayed that much by a 10-15% difference. If we are doing well and playing well then people will come and pay 22 quid. If we are not then I'm not sure a lower ticket price would encourage many more to come.

One additional thought, is it actually true that we will be bringing in lower revenue this year? Is there not a 'parachute' payment? Plus, we have two sell out away ends for the 'New Huns' and 'Oh so Nearly New Diet Huns'. If we play well and get into a winning way we could easily average 10K plus for the other home games. Maybe as much TV money as we'd get in the Premiership? Factor in possible play-off full houses against aforementioned unmentionables and...anyone with the data to come up with a number?

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 12:23 PM
I suppose that a decision to go/not to go is pretty much all or nothing and won't be swayed that much by a 10-15% difference. If we are doing well and playing well then people will come and pay 22 quid. If we are not then I'm not sure a lower ticket price would encourage many more to come.

One additional thought, is it actually true that we will be bringing in lower revenue this year? Is there not a 'parachute' payment? Plus, we have two sell out away ends for the 'New Huns' and 'Oh so Nearly New Diet Huns'. If we play well and get into a winning way we could easily average 10K plus for the other home games. Maybe as much TV money as we'd get in the Premiership? Factor in possible play-off full houses against aforementioned unmentionables and...anyone with the data to come up with a number?

Play well and challenge for the league and our income won't suffer too much.
The q's at the pods yesterday will probably have a few signing up for season tickets this week.

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Dempster said that she surveyed fans herself* and that 95% were in favour of keeping the prices the same.

I like most of what I've heard from her but personally think she was just taking the p1ss on this occassion (the infamous '95%' figure)

* I believe the total number of fans she bumped into that day was 20 and the odd one out swore at her..... or something like that.

Peevemor
28-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Dempster said that she surveyed fans herself* and that 95% were in favour of keeping the prices the same.

I like most of what I've heard from her but personally think she was just taking the p1ss on this occassion (the infamous '95%' figure)

* I believe the total number of fans she bumped into that day was 20 and the odd one out swore at here..... or something like that.

When I was at school that meant 95% were in favour.

Paloschi
28-07-2014, 12:44 PM

But we consistently are not competitive with our rivals. Thanks for the info :aok:

:aok:

Agree 100% and wanted to know folks opinions on this. Just to see what could happen with prices in the future. I don't want empty an stadium but that will continue IMO.

* I believe the total number of fans she bumped into that day was 20 and the odd one out swore at her..... or something like that.

Well I wasn't asked. Wonder who was? 95% is all I ever hear these days. I would expect pressure from fans to drop prices. Cheers for the info :aok:

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 12:49 PM
When I was at school that meant 95% were in favour.

Yep, the 95% she quoted was just pure co-incidence and a survey of 20 people you allegedly spoke to that day is a scientific means of deciding something so important

db03
28-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Would that not be unfair on ST holders then?

season ticket holders always get a raw deal from Hibs. There have been lots of times walk up prices have been slashed to entice more through the gates meaning season ticket holders end up with no real saving for paying upfront.

bobbyhibs1983
28-07-2014, 01:49 PM
It all depends on whether you would rather see the Club have more money to spend, giving us a greater chance at promotion, or cutting admission prices, thus cutting the playing budget back?

I can sorta see where you are coming from but on the other hand , why not put season tickets at say £1000 for adults and £550 for concessions(sp)
as you said that way the club would have more money to spend right?
the footy strip is x amount, but hey why not help hibs to be able to spend more and pay another £20 above that, after all thsi will help hibs have more money to spend right?

as far as i understand at the moment ,compared to last season we are not doing well for money to spend. i think we have sold in and around 5700 season tickets as opposed to around 8,000 last season.
so what do you do?
i think this LD person said something alone the lines if the st price was reduced by £50(and the st holders whom already had paid before we got relegated) we would lose £250k

now that £250k would surely be made up be soemthing like 704 fans(£250k / £355) so in theroy if we had reduced the st prices by £50 and solf 704 st's(adult tickets at £355) we would not be any less well off and imo we would be getting more fans alone buying season tickets

Hibby Bairn
28-07-2014, 02:48 PM
I agree Bobby. Money, money, money. How about making the day out more enjoyable and affordable for all. That means lower prices, more people through the door, lower costs when you are through the door etc. Too many clubs like us trying to follow an EPL type model when we should probably be pursuing a Spartans type model.

Let's say we have sold 4,000 x £400 and 1,500 x £120 ST's. Total bought is 5,500 and total income is £1.78m.

Let's say we want to get that up to £2.6m. Are we really going to do that at current prices? To do we would need to sell 2,000 more at £400 and 500 more at £120. That looks unlikely as things stand.

Imagine we had cut right back and decided that for this season (at least) the cost of watching Hibs should only be about £15 a game.

That equates to an adult ST of about £270. How many would we have sold at that price? Would we have shifted 8k/9k?

What about £70 average for a concession. Would we shift 3k of them?

If so then you would have your £2.6m but importantly 12,000 ST holders. Result?....busy ground....more enjoyable for all...noisier....probably more spent on merchandise etc.

And then they should apply the same logic to the in stadium catering.

Stop automatically increasing prices every year or keeping them at a silly rate. (£22 v Cowdenbeath FFS). Break the mould. Put the customer's/fan's needs first.

Big_Franck
28-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Tickets are definitely overpriced for the majority of the opposition we will be facing. I can see very, very low crowds in the middle of winter when we play the likes of Cowdenbeath, Queen of the South and Alloa.

bobbyhibs1983
28-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Stop automatically increasing prices every year or keeping them at a silly rate. (£22 v Cowdenbeath FFS). Break the mould. Put the customer's/fan's needs first.

:agree:

agree 100% with you tory hibby and what you have said in your post
The bit i have taken from your post worries me a tad.
Now say we do get upto the spl at the first attempt( in whatever fashion we do get up) what are the chances of hibs INCREASING prices both st and walk up prices for the next again (spl) season?

At the moment i often think of our stadium(assuming we have around 5600 st holders -3600 for the way end?) is being half used which means the seats we have unsold/unsold doing hee haw, though i do understand we have walk ups and well we wont sell out the away end too often though i think the walk ups wont top 10k too often
As i often think the only thing you know for certain in life is your gonna die, No amount of money will MAKE you win the league, of course imo

Lucius Apuleius
28-07-2014, 03:36 PM
When was the last time STs went up?

Eyrie
28-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I'd be surprised if season ticket prices rise for our return to the top division in 2015/16. Keeping the same price will be an easy way for the club to thank everyone who has bought a ticket for the coming season.

As regards the fall in season ticket numbers, let's not overlook that sales in the two previous years were inflated by the promise of a cup final ticket.

Smartie
28-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Tickets are definitely overpriced for the majority of the opposition we will be facing. I can see very, very low crowds in the middle of winter when we play the likes of Cowdenbeath, Queen of the South and Alloa.

I disagree with this. If we make a decent start, are in contention at the right end of the table, are playing decent foootball on the deck and creating chances then I could see us with massive crowds in anticipation of us beating these teams.

The worst home crowds we could expect would be if we're not in contention towards the end of the season and all that's on offer is the prospect of being pumped by either the gunts or bigots with a hateful/triumphant away end and an empty home end.

Heedersnvolleys
28-07-2014, 05:25 PM

agree 100% with you tory hibby and what you have said in your post
The bit i have taken from your post worries me a tad.
Now say we do get upto the spl at the first attempt( in whatever fashion we do get up) what are the chances of hibs INCREASING prices both st and walk up prices for the next again (spl) season?

At the moment i often think of our stadium(assuming we have around 5600 st holders -3600 for the way end?) is being half used which means the seats we have unsold/unsold doing hee haw, though i do understand we have walk ups and well we wont sell out the away end too often though i think the walk ups wont top 10k too often
As i often think the only thing you know for certain in life is your gonna die, No amount of money will MAKE you win the league, of course imo
Is there a threshold where if we don't get a certain amount at home games it actually costs us money? On £50 return I think LD took that figure to aid her argument but I have only really heard that from people who took the CTU, which I totally agree with. Would love to know that number.

Kojock
28-07-2014, 06:05 PM

Thing is over the past 7 years or so we have all blindly renewed on the promise of better things to come. Unfortunately that has not happened. I know we have a new regime in place but you can't blame fans for being sceptical.

If you went to a restaurant every week and it got to the stage where the food was so unpalatable that you decided to stop going. When new management take over you are going to wait on the fare improving before you go back

Smartie
28-07-2014, 06:15 PM

We all want to see as big a playing budget as possible for the manager and the club have made the decisions they have to try to maximise this available budget at all times.

I can't help but think that this hasn't always been the best approach because I think that this has led to those who are paying the high prices being hugely demanding.

I'd actually advocate lowering prices, hopefully selling more tickets and hopefully with bigger crowds and a reasonable set of expectations from the fans at Easter Road we would have a better atmosphere and matchday experience all round. Depriving the manager of the services of a couple of journeymen leaving him to blood more youngsters would be a happy trade-off in my opinion.

Squeezing every last little drop out of the hardcore fans whilst giving as little as possible back to them will forever be the hallmark of the Petrie era for me.

Skol
28-07-2014, 06:17 PM
here is an idea.

Most STs paid SPL prices before we went down and to refund money would have a huge negative impact on the budget. I can understand that and accept that. However, current pricing will not encourage people to attend

Why not say to all who paid the high ST price that we guarantee your next SPL ticket will be at that same price, maybe even a small discount (say within 2 years, maybe 3 just in case !). We then sell new STs at 1st Division prices and lower walk up prices to generate more revenue, but know we have also rewarded the loyal customers with a future promise. All those who pay new ST prices or walk ups then dont have the price guarantee, so sould pay a higher price next time we are in the SPL.

Iceman1875
28-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Slightly off topic but how do I get my daughter into the Hibs kids programme?

LaMotta
28-07-2014, 06:32 PM

Crowds will only be low if the team is not challenging at the top of the table. If we are not in a title race at that stage then you'd struggle to get folk paying a fiver to come along.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Slightly off topic but how do I get my daughter into the Hibs kids programme?

There's a action on the official site called Hibs kids. Says that the package for 2014/2015 is coming soon

Iceman1875
28-07-2014, 06:37 PM
There's a action on the official site called Hibs kids. Says that the package for 2014/2015 is coming soon

Thanks mate!

Phil MaGlass
28-07-2014, 06:45 PM

Edit: I think I missed your point. I think the majority view was that prices should remain the same but that those who buy STs should be given 'more value' (whatever that ends up meaning).

was it the majority of the ones whom renewed as from what I see its many thousands have not renewed and I was under the impression most renewed before we were relegated. Just sayin like

Zondervan
28-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Bit of a myth saying we are charging the same as Hearts?

You can get in the Gorgie stand for £17, or either the Wheatfield or The Death Trap for £19.

£22 regardless of what stand at at ER.

Also, I am sure Rangers are only charging Hearts £21 for the league game, CAT A no doubt. We are charging that to watch Cowdenbeath!

The difference is that both these clubs had months to prepare for life in the 2nd tier and design their financial models accordingly; whereas our business model was created assuming we would still be in the top tier.

I therefore do not think we had a choice but to keep prices the same.

If you can afford it (and that is important), then get along like you did last season. By all accounts, the football displayed so far in pre-season is much better than what we were all willing to pay to go and watch last year, so don't see what the problem is!

PatHead
28-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Bit of a myth saying we are charging the same as Hearts?

You can get in the Gorgie stand for £17, or either the Wheatfield or The Death Trap for £19.

£22 regardless of what stand at at ER.

Also, I am sure Rangers are only charging Hearts £21 for the league game, CAT A no doubt. We are charging that to watch Cowdenbeath!

The difference is that both these clubs had months to prepare for life in the 2nd tier and design their financial models accordingly; whereas our business model was created assuming we would still be in the top tier.

I therefore do not think we had a choice but to keep prices the same.

If you can afford it (and that is important), then get along like you did last season. By all accounts, the football displayed so far in pre-season is much better than what we were all willing to pay to go and watch last year, so don't see what the problem is!

It is not a myth at all. I made it clear in my post that Hearts offer a range of tickets thought the lower priced tickets are limited and tend to be in the first couple of rows or in the old stand. I find your implication that I am making things up unfair. You have also not mentioned the booking fee

neil7908
28-07-2014, 07:34 PM
I think the club were always going to be in a really difficult spot this season with both ST and walk up prices. I totally understand they need to rake in as much money as possible to try and get the manager the funds to bounce back up first time round but as a non-ST holder who usually picks and chooses my attendance at home games throughout the season we'll have to be playing some pretty top notch football for me to pay £22 to watch us against Alloa, Cowdenbeath or Dumbarton in the middle of winter.

bobbyhibs1983
29-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Is there a threshold where if we don't get a certain amount at home games it actually costs us money? On £50 return I think LD took that figure to aid her argument but I have only really heard that from people who took the CTU, which I totally agree with. Would love to know that number.

as to your question in regards getitng a certain amount at home games i must say i do not know the answer,though i think a few years ago i think there was a figure of something like 7k to break even?
But thats my point(if that is the case or whatever x number to break even,)
If and its a BIG if x number (at the moment) we would LOSE money for x amount of people turning up for a home game, what could we, as a club do about it?

Lets so for agruements sake the figure where we break even is 6k and we(as well as the away fansm) come in short of this, thus us LOSING money, we as a club can do soemtihng bout it, we have a heck of a lot of empty seats. so even if we say all empty seat are at a lower price(i know alot of st's would be woth much less and rightly so) we would in theory make less of a loss and maybe a profit.

Hibeesmad
29-07-2014, 09:39 AM
I think if we are winning games and challenging the top 2 strongly by the start of new year we will see a lot of half season tickets sold and also a lot of walk ups too

NOLA
29-07-2014, 10:47 AM
I think under 10's should get in free, we have plenty seats to accomadate extra kids who would turn up, kids are our future adult supporters after all and I'm sure this happens at other clubs, maybe something to look into for next season?

HappyAsHellas
29-07-2014, 10:59 AM
As a walk up I can assure you I will not be paying £22 to watch Alloa or Cowdenbeath. I will however pay this sum to watch Hibs.

Argylehibby
29-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I agree Bobby. Money, money, money. How about making the day out more enjoyable and affordable for all. That means lower prices, more people through the door, lower costs when you are through the door etc. Too many clubs like us trying to follow an EPL type model when we should probably be pursuing a Spartans type model.

Let's say we have sold 4,000 x £400 and 1,500 x £120 ST's. Total bought is 5,500 and total income is £1.78m.

Let's say we want to get that up to £2.6m. Are we really going to do that at current prices? To do we would need to sell 2,000 more at £400 and 500 more at £120. That looks unlikely as things stand.

Imagine we had cut right back and decided that for this season (at least) the cost of watching Hibs should only be about £15 a game.

That equates to an adult ST of about £270. How many would we have sold at that price? Would we have shifted 8k/9k?

What about £70 average for a concession. Would we shift 3k of them?

If so then you would have your £2.6m but importantly 12,000 ST holders. Result?....busy ground....more enjoyable for all...noisier....probably more spent on merchandise etc.

And then they should apply the same logic to the in stadium catering.

Lets say they drop the prices but fewer extra season tickets are sold than we hoped / planned for what does the club do then? It's one heck of a gamble to take drastically cutting prices in the hope you sell significantly more seasons.

I sincerely doubt that Hibs would ever reach 12k season tickets and the 8k + that is often quoted was based on 2 succesive cup final appearences where new s/t holders were getting a ticket for the final. It would be interesting to know how many were sold in the few seasons before the cup final incentive kicked in. You say that a busy ground makes it enjoyable for all but winning games is the only thing that makes it enjoyable for all. To get the squad in place to do that the club needs money now.

Perhaps once promoted (hopefully in 1 season) the club could look to reward the loyalty of fans who had season tickets this year but how that would be done would be another debate.

bobbyhibs1983
29-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Lets say they drop the prices but fewer extra season tickets are sold than we hoped / planned for what does the club do then? It's one heck of a gamble to take drastically cutting prices in the hope you sell significantly more seasons.

it would be intresting to see how many hibs would have hoped/planned to sell whilst keeping the prices the same as last season.
Alot of hibs fans will buy a season ticket no matter what and thats great. but for a lot of people who want to support the team and get (or atleast feel) they get value for money will have (this season) think ok i ve supported hibs for the last x amount of years out of blind loyalty and i HAVE NOT got(or felt) i have gotten something back(i mean that in the sense of like enjoyment,value for money something,I do NOT MEAN money back)

You have asked a question and well what should the club do then? like alot of business's when things go wrong, firstly they find out the problem()in this case hibs have dumped the manager,coaches and alot of players)
secondly hibs should do some research to find out what the customers think.As far as i am aware we have 2 groups(maybe more) lwt and another group whom i cnanot remeber, and there have been some discussions there (as far as i am aware)
Do these groups cover alot of fans(its an honest question and i do NOT Know how many people are invovled)
As above if people have NOT renewed there season tickets, have people been contacted by hibs?

I have not renewed and i only have had these hibs bullentins which are of little intrest to me so there pretty much *oh hibs bullentin delete* sorta thing,How many others would be like me and delete the emails without regard?tto be fair i have read 1 or 2

Jack
29-07-2014, 02:10 PM

LD said nothing of the kind.

IIRC she said that of the fans who had had contact with her; face to face, email, telephone, on the subject of ST prices very few had said they wanted a reduction in prices. When pushed she estimated around 5%. At no time did she mention actual numbers or anything as formal as a survey although I seem to recall one on here that suggested something vaguely similar at 90ish%

Keith_M
29-07-2014, 02:18 PM
LD said nothing of the kind.

IIRC she said that of the fans who had had contact with her; face to face, email, telephone, on the subject of ST prices very few had said they wanted a reduction in prices. When pushed she estimated around 5%. At no time did she mention actual numbers or anything as formal as a survey although I seem to recall one on here that suggested something vaguely similar at 90ish%

The 'survey' part was sarcasm, due to the very poor way she went about assessing the feeling among the fans (as you so ably described above). I don't see how anybody could consider that a valid method to make such a major decision.

And yes, she did say 95%.

Hibby Bairn
29-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I think under 10's should get in free, we have plenty seats to accomadate extra kids who would turn up, kids are our future adult supporters after all and I'm sure this happens at other clubs, maybe something to look into for next season?

This is another issue which seems to have crept into lots of "businesses" and for that matter sporting events including football clubs.

There now seems to be a cut off point where pricing takes a step up or down and that cut off point is the age of 12. Once you reach 12 (and over) you are treated as a different segment or category and charged a higher price. Another hike normally takes place at 18.

Now the latter (aged 18) I get as there is the possibility that you could/should be working in some capacity (FT or PT). But what do we suppose is happening to our 12 year olds? Are they suddenly earning £30 a week? Do they have jobs? On the basis that this isn't legally possible then why do we place an extra financial burden on their parents to enable them to come as a family to watch football?

Why not just let all under 18s in for free if accompanied by a season ticket holding adult? We have circa 10,000 seats looking for bums anyway.

I don't see what the difference is between an 11 year old and a 12 year old? The cash for their seat comes from the same pocket i.e. their parents.

Lucius Apuleius
29-07-2014, 03:09 PM
If we let under 10s in for free how many 11, 12 year olds will walk up and say they are 10? Cut off point for adult tickets is what? 16? How many people walk up and get concession tickets when they are not entitled to them? I forgot my season ticket on Sunday and the two guys in front of me, quite obviously in their early 20s were discussing the best way to get a kid's ticket. I personally find it abhorrent.

southern hibby
29-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Why not offer different prices for the same seats. but with different incentives

For example £405 for the East. You get your season ticket plus a 20% reduction on next years price. Maybe some vouchers from the shop too.

£375 for the East with a 10% reduction next year.

£350 for the East 5% of next years season price.

Or even how about giving people 1/2/3/4/5 free tickets that they could bring a friend along with to the game. You could phone up and tell Hibs which game you'd like to cash your voucher I'n for which game.

There are so many different things we could be offered but will we. I for one feel Hibs should be getting as many supporters through the gate as possible. We have a state of the arts 20,000 stadium with less than 6000 season tickets sold.

GGTTH

£350

Hibby Bairn
29-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Quick reccy of some other Championship sides show adult season tickets coming in at between £200 and £260 IIRC. Livingston (200), Raith Rovers (250), Cowdenbeath (230), Alloa (220), QOS (256).

davehiby
29-07-2014, 04:59 PM
going back to the start of season ticket sales for this season was the price not £380 and then your interest paid or was that just for early birds ??

edinburghhibee
29-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I just got a call from someone at the club asking me about renewing my ST guy was really nice on the phone but it's good to see the club are actively chasing folk up to renew. If you can renew guys let's get behind the boys new season new management new era! Moan the hibs!

Billy Whizz
29-07-2014, 05:14 PM
I just got a call from someone at the club asking me about renewing my ST guy was really nice on the phone but it's good to see the club are actively chasing folk up to renew. If you can renew guys let's get behind the boys new season new management new era! Moan the hibs!

And did you renew?

edinburghhibee
29-07-2014, 06:07 PM
And did you renew?

No unfortunately not, shifts at work changed so I would miss most matches on a Saturday and only used my ST 4 times last year. Will be there supporting as PATG tho!! ;)

sahib
29-07-2014, 06:09 PM
More than the price, which admittedly would reduce the number of games I went to, the pods are the reason I intend not going back. What makes these people think fans should jump through hoops to watch a game of football. This at a time when it is hard to avoid live games and highlights spewing out at you from every digital ( possibly analog as well?) device on the planet, to the point of becoming merely kinetic wallpaper in pubs. They clearly feel that season tickets are the only business they are really interested in.

Jack
29-07-2014, 07:45 PM
More than the price, which admittedly would reduce the number of games I went to, the pods are the reason I intend not going back. What makes these people think fans should jump through hoops to watch a game of football. This at a time when it is hard to avoid live games and highlights spewing out at you from every digital ( possibly analog as well?) device on the planet, to the point of becoming merely kinetic wallpaper in pubs. They clearly feel that season tickets are the only business they are really interested in.

Apart from all the free options for buying in advance, including print at home (or office).

Lucius Apuleius
29-07-2014, 08:24 PM
What is wrong with the pods like?

FranckSuzy
29-07-2014, 08:37 PM

Jeez, I've heard some excuses but that one takes the biscuit!

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Wow

PatHead
29-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Why not offer different prices for the same seats. but with different incentives

For example £405 for the East. You get your season ticket plus a 20% reduction on next years price. Maybe some vouchers from the shop too.

Or even how about giving people 1/2/3/4/5 free tickets that they could bring a friend along with to the game. You could phone up and tell Hibs which game you'd like to cash your voucher I'n for which game.

There are so many different things we could be offered but will we. I for one feel Hibs should be getting as many supporters through the gate as possible. We have a state of the arts 20,000 stadium with less than 6000 season tickets sold.

GGTTH

£350
You sure about that? Probably nearer 6500/7000 by now.

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 09:11 PM
You sure about that? Probably nearer 6500/7000 by now.

No chance imo

bobbyhibs1983
29-07-2014, 09:14 PM

GGTTH

£350

some really good ideas there southern hibby:thumbsup:

The thing that maybe annoys me with a little bit is you have said a few things which SHOULD have be done the club.I have not seen any of these sorta idea been done by the cloub, can i ask why not?

As regards a few poster(s) above(tory hibby?) about kida under x age getting in for free.This in theory would be an idea but A downside is what if the adult does not want to go for whatever reason? Im sure most of us as kids have often nagged at out parents for xyz and often been told no after no after no!
I do not mean to be a doom and glommer at the point of having younger kids/kids coming to game but not ALL will come back in 5/10years time, some might go because there parent has a st at the moment but i guess some when they hit the teens(16-19 prehaps?) might decide naw mom/dad/.grandparent im going out to x on saturday instead, though i do see that a % might always go to games, buy tickets

PatHead
29-07-2014, 09:21 PM
No chance imo

Sorry to disappoint you but we will be well over 6500 by now. With the offer a lot more will be sold by Thursday night and I will be disappointed if we are short of 7000

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but we will be well over 6500 by now. With the offer a lot more will be sold by Thursday night and I will be disappointed if we are short of 7000

Why would that 'disappoint' me?

Strange comment

over the line
29-07-2014, 09:35 PM

GGTTH

£350

Good ideas, I think they should be thinking of innovative ways to get people through the gates. Friend for a fiver is a good one. On two or three of the less glamorous games, season ticket holders get to bring a mate on the cheap.

Maybe one of you could take me, as I don't have a season ticket. I know I'm technically not your friend, but I am a minge bag and always open to cheap tickets. ;)

PatHead
29-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Why would that 'disappoint' me?

Strange comment

It was a flippant comment in retaliation to your flippant reply.

QMU-1875
29-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Probably a daft question but when you sign up for the payment plan do they take the 1st payment there and then or do they wait so as all 1st payments come out at the same time?

PatHead
29-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Probably a daft question but when you sign up for the payment plan do they take the 1st payment there and then or do they wait so as all 1st payments come out at the same time?

First payment takes a few days to come out. you receive a pin number on your mobile and have to activate it

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 09:54 PM
It was a flippant comment in retaliation to your flippant reply.

Nothing flippant about my comment. Last update was what, 5500? There or thereabouts. I find it hard to believe we have shifted another 1400/1500 since then. Would be delighted if we have and can see it happen if more positive moves come on the playing front

PatHead
29-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Nothing flippant about my comment. Last update was what, 5500? There or thereabouts. I find it hard to believe we have shifted another 1400/1500 since then. Would be delighted if we have and can see it happen if more positive moves come on the playing front

So "No Chance IMO" was based on what?

You don't know were I got figures or arrived at them, was it just a good excuse to be negative or just a stupid post?

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 10:06 PM
So "No Chance IMO" was based on what?

You don't know were I got figures or arrived at them, was it just a good excuse to be negative or just a stupid post?

'No chance' was based on my opinion, hence the "IMO". Wasn't meant to come across as negative so keep your knickers on.

If the figures you have quoted are correct then great, hopefully the club make a point in shouting out about it as well.

PatHead
29-07-2014, 10:13 PM
'No chance' was based on my opinion, hence the "IMO". Wasn't meant to come across as negative so keep your knickers on.

If the figures you have quoted are correct then great, hopefully the club make a point in shouting out about it as well.

Better learn to do positive posts properly then as that was insulting

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Better learn to do positive posts properly then as that was insulting

You must be easily insulted!!

How you could read that in to my comment is beyond me.

As I said, it wasn't meant to come across as flippant or negative, just my thoughts on the figures you had mentioned but I believe you know better

over the line
29-07-2014, 10:40 PM
You must be easily insulted!!

How you could read that in to my comment is beyond me.

As I said, it wasn't meant to come across as flippant or negative, just my thoughts on the figures you had mentioned but I believe you know better

Eeeerm, are you two married? Sounds like a married couple after a bit too much to drink! ;):D

And now here comes the **** storm, cos an arguing drunken married couple always turn on the one who tries to intervene! :)

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Eeeerm, are you two married? Sounds like a married couple after a bit too much to drink! ;):D

And now here comes the **** storm, cos an arguing drunken married couple always turn on the one who tries to intervene! :)

If the wife was as stroppy as that she would have been gone a long time ago

over the line
29-07-2014, 10:51 PM
If the wife was as stroppy as that she would have been gone a long time ago

Does your wife know about you and the stroppy one on here then? ;););):D

Hibby70
29-07-2014, 11:13 PM
The way I see it is that we have at most 7,000 fans who will buy a ST in a year without a cup final. We can't be far off that so Leeann is right to keep the prices the same.

We'd have to reduce prices by about 30% for it to encourage anyone new and I just don't see the figures adding up - too much of a gamble this year.

over the line
29-07-2014, 11:22 PM
The way I see it is that we have at most 7,000 fans who will buy a ST in a year without a cup final. We can't be far off that so Leeann is right to keep the prices the same.

We'd have to reduce prices by about 30% for it to encourage anyone new and I just don't see the figures adding up - too much of a gamble this year.

Good point. I suppose if you are disillusioned and have decided to throw your ticket in, a 15% (for example) discount, probably won't change your mind will it? And if you are standing by the club/team, you will be willing to pay the going rate for your seat. We just need to get more walk up fans through the gate now. Good footy and plenty of wins should do the trick.

Torto7062
30-07-2014, 06:08 AM
I'd imagine this would be because the East is our most popular stand, in theory, so Hibs are looking to maximise income? :dunno:

I remember when my boys were younger the Kids tickets
Were always cheaper around the ground,except the Terracing
because that stand was deemed Adult only
due to Noise of singing and the colourful
Language. Hence I couldn't get East season
tickets and had to buy season tickets for West then occasionally
get ticket office to SWAP seats for some games.

TamHibs
30-07-2014, 06:11 AM
I remember when my boys were younger the Kids tickets
Were always cheaper around the ground except the Terracing
because that stand was deemed Adult only
due to Noise of singing and the colourful
Language. Hence I couldn't the reason to
buy season tickets for West then occasionally
get ticket office to SWAP seats for sime games.

My dad was the same in the FF. I was in there until about 2004 when I branched out on my own & bought a season ticket in the old terracing in what is essentially now section 44 right down in the corner beside the away fans. Some quality days were had in the old terracing.

Torto7062
30-07-2014, 06:12 AM
My dad was the same in the FF. I was in there until about 2004 when I branched out on my own & bought a season ticket in the old terracing in what is essentially now section 44 right down in the corner beside the away fans. Some quality days were had in the old terracing.

Na your auld man just liked to sit in they Snobby black seats
with Jimmy from the pub 😁😁

TamHibs
30-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Na your auld man just liked to sit in they Snobby black seats
with Jimmy from the pub 😁😁

Hey they are comfy seats haha

Tyler Durden
30-07-2014, 06:30 AM
This is one area which I think LD could've handled better as the statement at the time was slightly disingenuous IMO. There was no real research done and to be fair, maybe the timescales left her hands tied.

But one point lost for me, or just wrongly assumed, is that walk up prices have to be aligned with Season Ticket prices. Dempster stated that an overwhelming majority of people who had contacted her who'd already bought their ST, claimed they didn't want money back. They were keen this money go towards the best budget possible for the manager. Did these people also say that walk up prices should be set at a level to ensure STs were "value for money"???

If ST holders were so interested in maximising the revenues generated by the club, then surely they would accept that lowering prices at times, would actually see more fans through the gates and ultimately more cash for the manager.

Or as others suggested, cut the price for ST prices at that point and give existing buyers, some discount from the first ST back in the top league. Just seems like a lost opportunity.

PatHead
30-07-2014, 08:06 AM
This is one area which I think LD could've handled better as the statement at the time was slightly disingenuous IMO. There was no real research done and to be fair, maybe the timescales left her hands tied.

But one point lost for me, or just wrongly assumed, is that walk up prices have to be aligned with Season Ticket prices. Dempster stated that an overwhelming majority of people who had contacted her who'd already bought their ST, claimed they didn't want money back. They were keen this money go towards the best budget possible for the manager. Did these people also say that walk up prices should be set at a level to ensure STs were "value for money"???

If ST holders were so interested in maximising the revenues generated by the club, then surely they would accept that lowering prices at times, would actually see more fans through the gates and ultimately more cash for the manager.

Or as others suggested, cut the price for ST prices at that point and give existing buyers, some discount from the first ST back in the top league. Just seems like a lost opportunity.

Can't see how LD was disingenuous- she talked to any fans she could, encouraged email, spoke to WT and involved the Supporters Association. What was she meant to do - phone each ST holder individually?

Season ticket holders "accepted" cut price tickets for certain games last season and I suspect will again but there is a danger of discouraging season tickets by doing it too often. A balance has to be met.

It appears she was right as a reasonable number of supporters appear to have renewed providing the majority of the funds we need to try and get out this division.

bobbyhibs1983
30-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Good point. I suppose if you are disillusioned and have decided to throw your ticket in, a 15% (for example) discount, probably won't change your mind will it? And if you are standing by the club/team, you will be willing to pay the going rate for your seat. We just need to get more walk up fans through the gate now. Good footy and plenty of wins should do the trick.

I might be going daft here but what is the going rate for your seat?:confused:

Is it value for money?
is it whatever price the club values your seat?
is it whatever people are told to pay to stand by the club/team?

Its not a dig or anything so please do not take it that way.
I do understand people have that feeling i guess to wanting to support the team, but imo i guess for alot of people there comes a time for wahetver reason, bordom,have spend x amount of seasons being let down, feel they are getting ripped off, or whatever the reason that they decide ok enough's enough.

In my own cercumstancies(sp) i have not been a st holder for a few years becuase i guess the *fun* factor the *excitement* of going to easter road sorta just went.Thats just from my own experince though.

But being a dafty im on the verge of buying a st for the up in coming season

PatHead
30-07-2014, 09:13 AM

Is it value for money?

I do understand people have that feeling i guess to wanting to support the team, but imo i guess for alot of people there comes a time for wahetver reason, bordom,have spend x amount of seasons being let down, feel they are getting ripped off, or whatever the reason that they decide ok enough's enough.

In my own cercumstancies(sp) i have not been a st holder for a few years becuase i guess the *fun* factor the *excitement* of going to easter road sorta just went.Thats just from my own experince though.

If you buying one remember the interest free payment plan finishes tomorrow.

marinello59
30-07-2014, 09:14 AM

If only it were that simple. What gets more fans through the gates mainly depends on one thing, good football.

PatHead
30-07-2014, 09:22 AM
If only it were that simple. What gets more fans through the gates mainly depends on one thing, good football.

Agree, last season we dropped prices for Partick game at the end of season and still never got near a sell out. Hopefully a winning team challenging for the top end will see gates rise.

bobbyhibs1983
30-07-2014, 09:41 AM
If you buying one remember the interest free payment plan finishes tomorrow.

ye thank you the info Im trying to find some money for the 1st installment!!:thumbsup:

over the line
30-07-2014, 09:45 AM

Is it value for money?

Fair enough. The going rate is just the price they are set at, we don't really get a choice do we? I meant that a slight discount prob won't change many peoples minds, if you want a ST and can afford it, you will just buy one. If you have reason to not buy one (whatever that may be), you won't buy one and that's fair enough. I don't have one because I live 240 miles from ER and I can't afford the petrol to go every home game.

Turkish Green
30-07-2014, 10:23 AM
The issue I have is purely on personal cash flow. Assuming that I attend all home league games on a walk up basis, my outlay over the season would be 18 games x £22 = £396. Which equates to approx. £40 per month over a 10 months season. What I would do (have done) is put £10 by DD in a savings account every week over the whole year starting at the end of May, this would amass an annual total of £520 which I would use to buy my tickets over the season. This may not help the finances of the club but it helps mine.

On this basis I feel £22 a game to be reasonable. Of course £15 would be better but I am not quibbling. I suppose Hibs estimate the prices based on the expected average attendance and the annual budget for the playing side. I assume Rangers (and Hearts) can have lower ticket prices due to their average attendances being higher.

Apart from sitting in the exact same seat each home game, what advantage do I get from buying a ST well in advance of the season start? There is no significant discount for parting with my money early and if I have to borrow the money I have interest payments on top. Giving priority for cup final tickets was all well and good but in the end the club was giving them away to all that wanted one.

I could see the need (supply and demand) IF the stadium was near full each week but it never is, not even for derby games. So personally, I'd rather pick and mix games as I am not always in Edinburgh and my trips back home do not always coincide with a home game.

However, if the club came out and said that they were broke and needed additional ST sales to see it through to the end of the season then it is a different issue and I am sure many fans that have not bought STs would do so.

bobbyhibs1983
30-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Fair enough. The going rate is just the price they are set at, we don't really get a choice do we? I meant that a slight discount prob won't change many peoples minds, if you want a ST and can afford it, you will just buy one. If you have reason to not buy one (whatever that may be), you won't buy one and that's fair enough. I don't have one because I live 240 miles from ER and I can't afford the petrol to go every home game.

i can see what your saying but in one respect people DO have a choice, they can either buy or not buy a st/ go to the game(as you have said people might have a reason they cant)
But thats where i have a slight(a tiny wee issue) is a part of me feels, that the club would maybe take advantage, in the sense if we do get up at the 1st time of asking they may think okay so people were willing to pay £380-£405 for a season ticket, but since we are in the spl we can charge a heck of a lot more and again people may feel they must buy a season ticket, I do not blame them of coure , and as i must make it clear the club might NOT do that

I just dont want a family( say 1 adult and 2 kids or whatever a family would be) to be priced out or the average person out there to be priced out for that matter either.

Tyler Durden
30-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Can't see how LD was disingenuous- she talked to any fans she could, encouraged email, spoke to WT and involved the Supporters Association. What was she meant to do - phone each ST holder individually?

Season ticket holders "accepted" cut price tickets for certain games last season and I suspect will again but there is a danger of discouraging season tickets by doing it too often. A balance has to be met.

It appears she was right as a reasonable number of supporters appear to have renewed providing the majority of the funds we need to try and get out this division.

I just thought her estimates on the impacts of another approach were a bit misleading. She had an unspecified sample, people who'd contacted her. 5% talked of refunds, apparently with £50 oft quoted. And LD suggested if that was provided we would lose £250k. That's very debatable (given concession impacts) and neglects revenues that could be generated with further sales at a reduced price.

As I said, I think her options were limited given the timescales. But sticking with set ticket prices to match ST value is indicative of the "one size fits all", take it or leave it, approach we've seen from Petrie for years IMO.

I've been a ST holder for nearly 25 years (feel old typing that) but in recent years it's as if Hibs want to paint walk ups as second class citizens. I'm sure Dempster will change this, when she has the chance to work with fan groups.

Tyler Durden
30-07-2014, 07:31 PM

I agree. Crucially though, I said "at times". Not every week but we need to be more innovative with our pricing structure. The mention of the loyalty scheme could well be a positive first step.

NAE NOOKIE
31-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Unfortunately the new turnstyle scanning system doesn't scan actual money so you have to buy a ticket.

As a ST holder I don't have a problem with Hibs cutting prices for walk ups at certain matches. The bigger the crowd the better the matchday experience.

Hibs, like every club, concentrate their efforts on ST holders because the numbers they sell sets the budget for the season, you cant do that by trying to project walk up figures ....... That doesn't mean they think any less of walk ups, cash is cash.

down-the-slope
31-07-2014, 03:29 PM

I think that is exactly the reasoning - not and easy decision, but the correct one in all the circumstances. Remember that already we have seen the DUFC match as part of the promised 'added value' to ST's renewers...with more to come when discussions can be had.

Unfortunately the new turnstyle scanning system doesn't scan actual money so you have to buy a ticket.

As a ST holder I don't have a problem with Hibs cutting prices for walk ups at certain matches. The bigger the crowd the better the matchday experience.

Hibs, like every club, concentrate their efforts on ST holders because the numbers they sell sets the budget for the season, you cant do that by trying to project walk up figures ....... That doesn't mean they think any less of walk ups, cash is cash.

Its also worth remembering how the whole financial model for football in Scotland relies on the cash flow ST's provide both for setting budgets / covering closed season when costs continue and in Hibs case ensuring liquidity as we have no overdraft facility (I do think the model will change in time but will take time an a big injection of cash to to do that)