PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Goalkeeper Joins Hibernian On Loan

RSS Bot
28-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Mark Oxley agrees six month loan deal

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140728/goalkeeper-joins-hibernian-on-loan_2262950_4038876)

PatHead
28-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Welcome Mark, all the best

Gatecrasher
28-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Happy we have a keepr but I was hoping for at least a year.

Hibby Gav
28-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Good distribution yesterday...always looking to start something and a big presence...Welcome Ox !!

ggth

Spike Mandela
28-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Still feel a bit uneasy going with such a young goalie in such a big season for us but if he managed 43 games for Oldham last year he must have something about him.

6 months loan deal, pants!

TheFamous1875
28-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Still feel a bit uneasy going with such a young goalie in such a big season for us but if he managed 43 games for Oldham last year he must have something about him.

He looked a lot more commanding and confident and composed than his age suggests. If there's a young 'keeper I'd give a chance it's be him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dobosz83
28-07-2014, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't read too much into the length of the loan. 6 months brings us to the window in January but I'm quite sure we'll have little trouble extending it to the end of the season IF he does enough. Unless Hull have a goalkeeping crisis of sorts then I'm ok with this.

Welcome big guy!

DC_Hibs
28-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Young guy so hoping he has improved since the poor start at oldham. Was apparently much improved prior to being benched and returning to hull.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Can't say much about his goalkeeping skills as he was not really tested at all by utd. Their goal being their only effort on target all day, and I would not have expected him to save that.
What I can say is that I was well impressed with his distribution yesterday. I think only two punts all day.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Welcome to The Ox :thumbsup:

AL-Qaholik
28-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Glad to finally have a keeper & hope he does well, but 6 month loans don't really scream "winds of change" to me...

we are hibs
28-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Good luck.

Turkish Green
28-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Only a 6 months loan is pretty poor to be honest. Was the loan deal dictated by Hull or by Hibs?

i had hoped under LD that Hibs would get away from bringing players in on loan. So what happens come January?

Steve20
28-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Either sign for the entire season or don't at all. 6 month loans are crap, especially for a keeper.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 12:05 PM
I wonder if we'll bring in another keeper on a long term contract? Would've been handy if we kept Sean Murdoch.

PeterboroHibee
28-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Either sign for the entire season or don't at all. 6 month loans are crap, especially for a keeper.

I agree. It worries me that we will be without a keeper in January, and will end up having to bring in anyone who's available (hardly ideal in January). If it was Hull that dictated the 6 month deal Im surprised Hibs were happy to go along with that.

Anyway, at least weve got a keeper in (for now), so welcome to the club Mark!

Platinum Scotty
28-07-2014, 12:07 PM
According to Hull, its six month with the option to extend to the end of the season.....so pretty much a one year deal in my eyes

Northern Hibby
28-07-2014, 12:35 PM
According to Hull, its six month with the option to extend to the end of the season.....so pretty much a one year deal in my eyes

Very much hope so, I know you somtimes have to take a gamble with signing/getting loan players but it's an important position :worried:

but we have to trust Stubbs :not worth

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Does the fact that we're getting a Goalkeeper in on Loan mean that Stubbs couldn't find a decent Keeper who'd be willing to sign for us? Or maybe just one willing to accept the level of wages we can afford?

It really isn't ideal for such an important position in the Team to be a Loan signing.

p.s. This is not intended as a negative comment on the young guy, so please don't take it that way.

Turkish Green
28-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Does the fact that we're getting a Goalkeeper in on Loan mean that Stubbs couldn't find a decent Keeper who'd be willing to sign for us? Or maybe just one willing to accept the level of wages we can afford?

It really isn't ideal for such an important position in the Team to be a Loan signing.

p.s. This is not intended as a negative comment on the young guy, so please don't take it that way.
i cannot believe that there are no keepers on the market that Hibs cannot afford. I have a feeling that it is a budget issue which is why it has been slow bringing in players.

i have a feeling that not too many, if any, players will be added.

PeterboroHibee
28-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Im not hugely keen on loan signings (although Im happier that this will likely be a 12 month deal rather than just the 6), but it may be that Stubbs rates Oxley as the best available option (rather than a negative reason eg wages).

Wilson
28-07-2014, 01:29 PM
We have had duff keepers tied up on long deals before. We have had long term loans that weren't right for the club. There are positives to this deal. Not least that AS has solved this problem in the interim while he himself settles in. Quality on loan, while the search for longer term continues, is fine by me.

nellio
28-07-2014, 01:37 PM
He's Hull's 4th Choice keeper I think so we should have any issue extending his loan to the end of the season.

Springbank
28-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Been said on other threads but if you want to see a positive example of a team taking a young keeper on loan then check out athletico Madrid (La Liga champs and came within 60 seconds of a champ league win)

All in all, not a big issue for me and welcome to The Ox!

Jonnyboy
28-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Can you imagine the hoo ha on here if he got a 12 month deal and flopped?

Peevemor
28-07-2014, 06:53 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if we signed another, more experienced keeper before that end of the transfer window.

Blaster
28-07-2014, 07:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if we signed another, more experienced keeper before that end of the transfer window.

Me neither. May depend on whether there is transfer activity elsewhere.

basehibby
28-07-2014, 08:38 PM

:agree: My feelings exactly - the only good thing about a 6 month deal is that he'd be easy to offload if he wasn't good enough (or got a bad injury). But it's a key position in which not being good enough should not really be an option - although I suppose if he turned out to be another Zibby or a Makka then we could be thanking our lucky stars.

At least the jersey is filled for the time being anyway.

over the line
28-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Welcome to Hibs Mark.

I'm assuming the six month loan is because AS is either hoping to sign someone permanent in that time, or to sign Oxley after a hopefully successful trial period?

MG1965
28-07-2014, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't read too much into the length of the loan. 6 months brings us to the window in January but I'm quite sure we'll have little trouble extending it to the end of the season IF he does enough. Unless Hull have a goalkeeping crisis of sorts then I'm ok with this.

Welcome big guy! I sees it as a positive signing but only up until the January window opens. This will allow him to look for a bigger club. This might be a good thing for us short term but we need a steady and settled team for the season ahead.

Iain G
28-07-2014, 10:30 PM
i cannot believe that there are no keepers on the market that Hibs cannot afford. I have a feeling that it is a budget issue which is why it has been slow bringing in players.

i have a feeling that not too many, if any, players will be added.

I think you may have just invented the triple negative! Does that mean you can believe there are some keepers on the market that Hibs can afford? :wink::greengrin

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Big strong confident lad who is a good keeper and comfortable with the ball at his feet, that will do for me. Plus hes young but played alot last season, must be doing something right!

monktonharp
28-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Big strong confident lad who is a good keeper and comfortable with the ball at his feet, that will do for me. Plus hes young but played alot last season, must be doing something right! I don't want to see a loan goalie, comfortable with a ba' at his feet. I want to see a real, signed,experienced and well paid goalie performing well, consistently and being comfortable with the ba' in his hands for my club,Hibernian fc which has had some huddies ower the last 10 years but had some of the best in Scotland quite some years ago now.

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I don't want to see a loan goalie, comfortable with a ba' at his feet. I want to see a real, signed,experienced and well paid goalie performing well, consistently and being comfortable with the ba' in his hands for my club,Hibernian fc which has had some huddies ower the last 10 years but had some of the best in Scotland quite some years ago now.

Some of the more experienced have made the most blunders, maybe its time for a young guy with it all to prove to help us. And yes hes quite comfortable with the ball in his hands too :greengrin