PDA

View Full Version : Rising youngsters

Unseen work
27-07-2014, 11:56 PM
So we already have alot of youth in Forster handling Stanton Harris and Cummings. These are the ones we know of well.

What's people's opinions on the new group such as Todd, Allan, Duthie, martinyiuk, Gardiner etc?

Cheers

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 12:15 AM
So we already have alot of youth in Forster handling Stanton Harris and Cummings. These are the ones we know of well.

What's people's opinions on the new group such as Todd, Allan, Duthie, martinyiuk, Gardiner etc?

Cheers

I don't watch the under 20's often but Todd and Allan have stood out for me this pre season, from what I've been told, Gardiner is a really good propect too, his overall play is apparently really good and he grabs a few goals too! Allan and Todd are ones to watch I think though

SMAXXA
28-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Watch out for the lad Sinclair he will be the next big thing is my prediction :agree:

Centre Hawf
28-07-2014, 01:27 AM
If I had to make a prediction who will be the next one it'll be Todd or Gardiner. More so Gardiner because I think he'll be needed at some point this season and I'd honestly rather give any back up place to him over Nelson this season.

Not far behind them is Scott Martin I think his name is. Seen him a few times and I am really impressed with that lad and seems to be progressing really quickly.

GoldenEagle
28-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Ben Stirling and Duthie

Turkish Green
28-07-2014, 06:50 AM
To go of tangent a tad, I see that Ryan Baptie signed for ICT. I wish him well.

My lad played alongside both Jason Cummings and Taylor Hendry (he's played with Taylor since U14). Both were signed by Hibs in June 2013 to play in last season's EOS squad. However, while Jason got his chance in the 1st team, Taylor spent most of the season injured. I predict that this will be his season at U20.

kentao
28-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Think Max Todd will make a break through this season. Watched him against Killie at Linlithgow when Fenlon was in charge of the first team. He was playing left mid / wing with Caldwell and handling in the team. Gros was also playing for Kille. Max was a standout looking to take his man on and get to the by line. Beat his man with ease a delivered some decent balls into the box. Hes very direct and has a great touch. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the first team.

GGTTH

hibseleven
28-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Been told Scott Martin is one to look out for this season.

Brightside
28-07-2014, 07:48 AM
If Todd wasn't injured he'd have been playing in the last two games. Looks a proper player.

SmashinGlass
28-07-2014, 12:05 PM
If Todd wasn't injured he'd have been playing in the last two games. Looks a proper player.

Would tend to agree with this. He was the best player on the park by a considerable distance against Berwick. Direct and pacy, with excellent composure on the ball. I really like the look of Todd and hope that he manages the breakthrough this season. In fact, I'll confidently predict he'll actually stroll it at this level.

Lewis Allan is another who really stands out for me as well. Despite his age, he has a big presence due to his size. I think that he'll be sniffing about the first team this year.

Billychaotic182
28-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Todd is magic on my football manager save...... Other than that I have no idea

thebakerboy
28-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Thought young Lewis Allen looked good yesterday especially when the big centre half tried to bully him off the ball and failed , was impressed with his strength.

Stuarty27
28-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I've been really impressed with Lewis Allan this preseason, seen him 3 times and thought he looks a right gd player.

Todd was good vs Berwick, has he been injured since then?

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Great to hear such positive reviews. Also think todd would of been involved alot if it wasnt for his injury. Think people tend to forget how young handling harris stanton and forster still are. Oldest is forster born in 93 - Only 21 this year

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Great to hear such positive reviews. Also think todd would of been involved alot if it wasnt for his injury. Think people tend to forget how young handling harris stanton and forster still are. Oldest is forster born in 93 - Only 21 this year

It doesn't stop folks for wading in on them unfortunately. Pathetic. If we are to stand a chance of nurturing young (and often inconsistent) talent we need to take a reality check. But the "I pay their wages entitled to abuse if I want" element seem determined to persist. Let's move on abuse doesn't work and the irony is Butcher was getting it in the neck for telling the players they were useless whilst the stands were doing much the same at times...

Hopefully new era, new start and it's the boo boys getting pelters.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-07-2014, 08:26 PM
What about the two irish lads we have not sure if I have the names right, mulhall? And cant rememder the other lad mcaffrey? herd the lad mulhall scored a rake of goals but is injured I think.

Mibbes Aye
29-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Watch out for the lad Sinclair he will be the next big thing is my prediction :agree:

Saw him towards the end of last season and he was the stand-out player for me. If he can progress to first-team level with that sort of presence then we are laughing.