PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of the game today

Unseen work
27-07-2014, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGxzuSTLaE&feature=youtu.be

Stubbs interview today plus some footage of the game.

Got to say that it is so refreshing hearing him speak and what he aims for.

The football played for our disallowed goal is just simply brilliant stuff, up there with Mowbray. Special mention to Forster who was the calmest guy doing that turn. What a difference it is seeing our midfielders coming short looking for the ball and playing the way they're facing

Unseen work
27-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Watching it again it's handling not Forster that does the turn.... But why is he wearing number 5?!

Northern Hibby
28-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Bloody seagulls!!!

DTS
28-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Who was number five? Would have been some goal had it stood

Now realised it was Richardson

woodythehibee
28-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Who was number five? Would have been some goal had it stood

Now realised it was Richardson

5- Danny Handling

Baker9
28-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Stubbs interview and brief highights also on a seemingly speeded up Hibernian TV site. Looks like a completetly different side to last season - a cautious 'very promising'.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2014, 08:01 AM
If that goal had stood, it would have been one of the best seen at Easter road in years. :top marks

Brightside
28-07-2014, 08:15 AM
How far off side was he? Looked close to us but we are at other end of West.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 08:23 AM
How far off side was he? Looked close to us but we are at other end of West.

It looked close but the flag was up early so have to give linesman benefit of the doubt.

SlickShoes
28-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Encouraging to see alex harris taking folk on and running with purpose towards the opposition defence.

I know that video only has the briefest of highlights but there were more "highlights" from that one friendly than the last half of the season.

Brightside
28-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Encouraging to see alex harris taking folk on and running with purpose towards the opposition defence.

I know that video only has the briefest of highlights but there were more "highlights" from that one friendly than the last half of the season.
His shot from outside the box almost too perfect.

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks for posting that

:thumbsup:

Certainly looked different to last season. If we could just have a regular scorer we have the makings of a decent team.

matty_f
28-07-2014, 09:15 AM
What a goal that would have been if it had stood! We weren't getting anywhere near that under Butcher.

down-the-slope
28-07-2014, 09:24 AM
What a goal that would have been if it had stood! We weren't getting anywhere near that under Butcher.

Were you not there Matty? guess not....some of the link up play was exceptional for the amount of time new management have been in place to exert changes...was like a different sport all together from past couple of years

TheFamous1875
28-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Thing is there were a lot more highlights yesterday that aren't in the video! Forster's turn, Harris' nutmeg, Stanton's glides between defenders.

If someone knows who's in charge of the Hibs media, could you ask them to make a highlight video of yesterday? There really were lots and I think the fans who are yet to see us play would be in for a treat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brog
28-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Excellent! Many thanks for posting! AS comes across very well.

matty_f
28-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Were you not there Matty? guess not....some of the link up play was exceptional for the amount of time new management have been in place to exert changes...was like a different sport all together from past couple of years

Was working :rolleyes: first season ticket game missed already. Was going to try and swing a holiday for it but I'm just back from 3 weeks off so saving the hols for the proper games!

Pretty Boy
28-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I really like Stubbs.

Comes across totally different to Butcher, thoughtful, engaging and positive.

Enjoyed the wee snippets of tue game as well, starting to look forward to this season.

--------
28-07-2014, 01:31 PM
It looked close but the flag was up early so have to give linesman benefit of the doubt.

From those highglights the laddie was just offside by about a foot or less - the linesman got it right IMO. But it's good to see the players working hard to make passesand keep the ball on the ground.

The coming season isn't going to be easy, but I think we're now moving in the right direction.

I would agree we still need to sign a couple of players at least.

Jonnyboy
28-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Excellent interview with a new word added to our language ........... "intrepidation" :greengrin

Peevemor
28-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Excellent interview with a new word added to our language ........... "intrepidation" :greengrin

I noticed that one too. :greengrin: