PDA

View Full Version : Southampton

Hibeesmad
27-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Their owners must be in dream land!

Lallana, Lovren and Lambert costing Liverpool £54 million

Shaw costing Man Utd £32 million

Chambers costing Arsenal £16 million

That's £102 million from 5 players, and they have just rejected a bid from Cardiff for Jose Fonte. Schnerdelin and Rodriquez have been linked with moves too which would no doubt generate another £30 million.

Going to be interesting to see who they bring in now though!

gringojoe
27-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Or they bring in a load of free transfers and loans and go down but have a nice bank balance and stadium.

Bronson
27-07-2014, 09:40 PM
This could make or break them, that is enough financial firepower to build a very good team, but they're also losing some good players who will be difficult to replace. Good thing they brought in Koeman, that was a shrewd move IMO.

Hibeesmad
27-07-2014, 09:52 PM
They just had a bid for Fraser Forster rejected, wouldn't surprise me if they go in with a higher bid now

Unseen work
27-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Ridiculous how overpriced English football is

Hibeesmad
27-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Ridiculous how overpriced English football is

I agree, you see the young talents in Scotland such as Andrew Robertson etc go down there for what they call hardly anything and what we call a lot of money but if the young talent up here was with a premier league team the value of the player would be doubled or even tripled

silverhibee
27-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Spooky.

Goalie mentioned on chatbox by HC.

Unseen work
27-07-2014, 10:04 PM
I agree, you see the young talents in Scotland such as Andrew Robertson etc go down there for what they call hardly anything and what we call a lot of money but if the young talent up here was with a premier league team the value of the player would be doubled or even tripled

Exactly, chambers 16m is ludicrous! Worst of all is that Adam lallana cost more than Kroos.... Unbelievable jef

Hibeesmad
27-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Exactly, chambers 16m is ludicrous! Worst of all is that Adam lallana cost more than Kroos.... Unbelievable jef

Unreal scenes

leither17
27-07-2014, 10:11 PM
It's all about having to have 8 homegrown players in your premier league squad of 25 so English players go at a premium

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 10:15 PM
thing is that 100m v relegation is bugger all if you dont get back up....Southampton got £77 million in EPL payments last season alone.......

EdinMike
27-07-2014, 10:15 PM
... Speaking of Southampton, are they looking like favourites to go down ?! They have lost a core group of talented players and a very talented manger.

Might be a transfer deadline day scurry going on there.

hibs4thecup1988
27-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Manager tipped to be first sacked at 20/1

Hibeesmad
27-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Manager tipped to be first sacked at 20/1

Paul Lambert or Alan Pardew if villa or Newcastle have a bad start by October/November imo

hibs4thecup1988
27-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Just passing on what I got on Facebook today. I don't follow English football. Hard enough supporting Hibs :greengrin:

heretoday
27-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Or they bring in a load of free transfers and loans and go down but have a nice bank balance and stadium.

And a state of the art training facility?

hibby67
27-07-2014, 10:43 PM

OOOOCH,
put those claws away cat boy....... :take that

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2014, 10:44 PM
I'd much rather have good players than have the money to buy good players, they will struggle big time to replace that quality.

Iain G
27-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Having just witnessed first hand how crap West Ham are then I would put money on Big Sam being first out the door!!

Smartie
27-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Nah. As long as their fans buy enough season tickets they'll be fine. I'm sure that every penny of their season ticket sales will go towards their playing budget. "Together they are stronger" etc etc

jacomo
27-07-2014, 11:09 PM
I'd much rather have good players than having the money to buy good players, they will struggle big time to replace that quality.

:agree:

Big risk for Soton. New manager and more than half a new team spells trouble.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Liverpool should be renamed Southampton FC.

hfc rd
28-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Liverpool should be renamed Southampton FC.

What I imagine Southampton fans are like towards Liverpool at this moment.

https://vine.co/v/Mw3e2HqgPit

Haymaker
28-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Having just witnessed first hand how crap West Ham are then I would put money on Big Sam being first out the door!!

:agree: cant wait until that fat ******* is out the door

Iain G
28-07-2014, 12:34 AM
:agree: cant wait until that fat ******* is out the door

Had to sit through his new "expansive style" on Saturday...

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2014, 12:55 AM
If Tinie Tempah does go to Southampton anytime soon he'll probably get a game!

Haymaker
28-07-2014, 02:18 AM
If Tinie Tempah does go to Southampton anytime soon he'll probably get a game!

He's been to Southampton, he hasn't been to S****horpe.

Haymaker
28-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Had to sit through his new "expansive style" on Saturday...

Fat ******* is a statistics manager. Nothing more. Old school dinosaur.

Weststandwanab
28-07-2014, 05:52 AM

The family that own Southampton F.C. are already billionaires with a healthy bank balance so £102m is probably petty cash to them.

easty
28-07-2014, 06:17 AM
I think, for the money they've got for each player, the only one that would be hard to replace should be Lambert. They won't get another Rickie Lambert for £4m. They've spent £11m on Pelle from Feyenoord. Good goalscorong record over there.

The lad they've brought in at centre mid, to replace Lallana, is meant to be a really good player, Dusan Tadic, cost just over £10m from FC Twente. 16 goals last season.

As good as Lovren is, you could get someone to replace him for half the £20m they got for him. Caulker would have been good.

Then it's a new right and left back, to replace Chambers and Shaw. That should be done with ease with the almost £50m they got for them.

All depends how good an eye for a player Koeman has, and if he can pick players suited to the EPL.

I hope he can.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2014, 07:31 AM
He's been to Southampton, he hasn't been to S****horpe.

Serves me right for trying to quote pish music I know eff all about!

since90plustwo
28-07-2014, 10:50 AM

Only reason Kroos cost so little was because he refused to sign a contract with bayern which was going to expire next year. Similar story with Van Persie costing only 20m from arsenal. Very unfair comparison IMO

Saint Hibee
28-07-2014, 11:34 AM
As somebody born and bred a Saints fan before moving north of the border, it's heartbreaking to see what's happening down there. Quite a few people are referring to it as "asset stripping" in its purest form, and I'm afraid they might be right.

TheFamous1875
28-07-2014, 11:49 AM
It's such a big amount of players to lose in quick succession, it'll be a challenge making a 'team' out of all that are going to have to come to the club this window. A bit like Spurs last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MWHIBBIES
28-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Exactly, chambers 16m is ludicrous! Worst of all is that Adam lallana cost more than Kroos.... Unbelievable jefChambers is 11m rising to 16m, hardly as ludicrous as Shaw for over 30m. Good young players go for a lot of money all over the world.

BH Hibs
28-07-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm sure I heard last season that the owners were looking for a way out the club. Could be they're taking the money and running with not much or anything at all being reinvested in players. Don't know if that's still the case though. Think the owners are German.

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 05:10 PM
BBC Sport understand Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriquez are close to joining Tottenham

Crops73
28-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Their owners must be in dream land!

Lallana, Lovren and Lambert costing Liverpool £54 million

Shaw costing Man Utd £32 million

Chambers costing Arsenal £16 million

That's £102 million from 5 players, and they have just rejected a bid from Cardiff for Jose Fonte. Schnerdelin and Rodriquez have been linked with moves too which would no doubt generate another £30 million.

Going to be interesting to see who they bring in now though!
Not exactly big name players either.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2014, 05:39 PM
As somebody born and bred a Saints fan before moving north of the border, it's heartbreaking to see what's happening down there. Quite a few people are referring to it as "asset stripping" in its purest form, and I'm afraid they might be right.

Feel very sorry for Southampton fans at the moment .... their club appear to have unearthed a wealth of talent over the last few years, but as usual with clubs of that size they cant hold on to them long enough for their fans to enjoy seeing a decent team on the park with a chance of winning something.

Still .......... As long as the fans of Liverpool, Man Utd et al are kept happy who cares about the likes of Southampton.

It used to be the case that English fans would diss the Scottish league coz only two teams have a hope of winning it. Not any more though, theres not a lot of difference between a 12 team league shared between two clubs* and a 20 team league shared between four clubs.

*or one as things stand now ... lol

TheFamous1875
28-07-2014, 05:46 PM
I just hope they invest the money wisely. Get some players of quality in and keep investing I youth development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The_Exile
28-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Southampton owners study the teamsheet for the opening game of the season:

Haymaker
28-07-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm sure I heard last season that the owners were looking for a way out the club. Could be they're taking the money and running with not much or anything at all being reinvested in players. Don't know if that's still the case though. Think the owners are German.

There have been rumours they want out after Lieber died. Don't think his family are as keen to run a football club.

They're Swiss iirc

Haymaker
28-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Serves me right for trying to quote pish music I know eff all about!

:greengrin