PDA

View Full Version : Hibees Anonymous

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 06:49 PM
My name Is Slopey.......and I'm a Hibee

At least that's how it would go if there was a proper self help group for those hopelessly addicted to the cabbage....

I have made the reasoned arguments on various threads why it makes no logical sense to renew my ST (or my girls) I have been to a couple of the pre seasons so far and enjoyed them - but financially a ST is not a sensible option...I head off today with one of my girls to catch the game by getting a ticket at office...duly stand in line (as my daughter heads off for the ritual Greggs supplies)....by the time she returns 15 minutes later I have renewed My and Her ST's........:embarrass

N.Wales Hibby
27-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Brilliant Mate.

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 07:01 PM

At least that's how it would go if there was a proper self help group for those hopelessly addicted to the cabbage....

I have made the reasoned arguments on various threads why it makes no logical sense to renew my ST (or my girls) I have been to a couple of the pre seasons so far and enjoyed them - but financially a ST is not a sensible option...I head off today with one of my girls to catch the game by getting a ticket at office...duly stand in line (as my daughter heads off for the ritual Greggs supplies)....by the time she returns 15 minutes later I have renewed My and Her ST's........:embarrass

Excellent stuff. I did my own twelve step routine today. That's as far up the East Stand I could climb....:wink:

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 08:03 PM
just how does one tell Mrs Slopey i've fallen 'off the wagon' though :paranoid:

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 08:05 PM
just how does one tell Mrs Slopey i've fallen 'off the wagon' though :paranoid:
Blame it on a man you met in the pub, that's what I do.:wink:

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Blame it on a man you met in the pub, that's what I do.:wink:

unless the man in the pub is offering to pay for an Autumn holiday thats not going to placate things .....

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 09:07 PM
unless the man in the pub is offering to pay for an Autumn holiday thats not going to placate things .....

Ah.......

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm a Hibby.

I started young with football cards, and the odd pin up of Pat Stanton from Shoot.

In time, I started to get more involved, first listening on the radio, then watching Sportsreel. At this point, it was all still harmless and just the sort of thing normal kids do.

But that wasn't enough for me. I started hanging about in the places where the hard core users go. The Kirkgate Centre, Fine Fare on Easter Road, any bus stop with a Service 1 on the sign.

If I had known then where it was leading, I might, just might have been able to do something about it. If I had wanted to.

Some say, you don't chose the Hibs, the Hibs chose you. I don't know if that's true, but I swear I do know I had no choice in the matter.

If I did, I'd have chosen something else.

Ive seen friends grow up, have familes, and watched them drive their shiny cars to Argos, to buy 40" HD TVs. Seen them holiday in the Dominican Republic, and Mexico and Vegas.

Ive had time to envy them, but not enough time. Because the Hibs always pull me back. And each time I go back, I know there's less chance Ill ever leave.

Just now, I am getting by OK on the Hibs.net (Nethadone) programme. It fills a hole. But by its very nature, the filling reminds me that the hole is there in the first place.

I have real concerns that I can stay clean much longer. Drugs change, football changes, Edinburgh changes. They tell me that this new brand of misery is like nothing we've ever known before.

Its a lethal combination of existing ingredients, served in a new format. They say that the only pleasure you get is when it's over.

But we're Hibs, it's never over.

Weststandwanab
28-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Great read, I liked that and, more importantly, understand it.