PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

GGTTH07
27-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Oxley 6: not much to do.
Gray 6: got forward and stuck in well, few wee errors, but looks quite good.
Hanlon 7: Played well and never done much wrong.
Forster 7: See Hanlon.
Stevenson 6: played well I thought, played the pass at the right tone, composed and got stuck in.

Harris 8: good to see his confidence up again, nice bits of skill throughout.
Craig: 6.5 Did well enough. Much improved from last year as he got his head up and looked for a simple ball.
Robertson 7: Good on the ball and very energetic.
Stanton 7.5: really like this lad. So calm on the ball and can beat a man with ease.

Handling 7: Best I've seen him, don't rate him what I've seen last season but thought he done well today.
Big Farid: 6 No much chances for him, good finish with the offside goal!

edwards
27-07-2014, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=GGTTH07;4108929]

Oxley 8: not much to do ut dealt with what he had to do ok constantly directing players.
Gray 8: got forward and stuck in well, few wee errors, but looks quite good.
Hanlon 9: Played well and never done much wrong.
Forster 7: Done quite well but lost the ball a couple of times near the end.
Stevenson 8: played well I thought, played the pass at the right tone, composed and got stuck in.

Harris 8: good to see his confidence up again, nice bits of skill throughout, nice nutmeg
Craig: 8 Did well enough. Much improved from last year as he got his head up and looked for a simple ball.
Robertson 7.5: Good on the ball and very energetic.
Stanton 7.5: really like this lad. So calm on the ball and can beat a man with ease.

Handling 7: Best I've seen him, don't rate him what I've seen last season but thought he done well today.
Big Farid: 8 No much chances for him, good finish with the offside goal, thought he fought for the ball well and closed down defenders

Changed one or two for you there.

dmc1875
27-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Oxley- 6 = Not much to do so hard to judge. Couldn't prevent the goal, good strike.

Gray - 6 = Ok would like to see him given the ball better when going forward. Crossing a bit wayward.
Hanlon - 7 = Solid enough
Forster - 6 = Solid enough until the formation change when he made a couple of bad errors.
Stevenson - 7 = Good game.

Craig - 6 = Looks better although was still playing very deep.
Robertson - 6 = Worked hard some nice touches and passes.
Harris - 8 = Best I've seen him in ages looked much better and had a couple of good efforts on goal.
Stanton - 6 = A bit quiet did ok

Handling - 6 = Seems burst after 60 mins everytime i see him. First 60 thought he showed some decent touches.
Farid - 7 = Works hard won a fair number of headers/challenges. Good header chopped off.

Winston Ingram
27-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Oxley 6: not much to do.
Gray 6: defended well but even though he pushed forward he was no attacking threat. Never looked like beating a man & crossing was poor.
Hanlon 7: Played well
Forster 7: Far better with Hanlon. Looked more relaxed as he wasn't having to cover for Nelson's mistakes
Stevenson 7: steady as always

Harris 8: looked back to his old self. A couple of great moments.
Craig:7 Was asked to play deep & it's never his position. Passing was ok but had some excellent interceptions
Robertson 7: Good o
Stanton 6: looked better wide but wasted too many passes.

Handling 5: Good start but faded badly.
Farid:6 lacks fitness but but held it up will & has a great 1st touch

Shrekko
27-07-2014, 07:45 PM
There's no way we'd have gone down if Hanlon hadn't got injured and goodness knows how we've still got him for the Championship.

Great to see Harris play like that again and Handling despite fading, showed me something I never believed he had today.

Think all the starters played well but those 3 were the big positives for me.

smithyhfc
27-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Keeper = talked all the way through so 7 for mee

Gray = best right back in years 7

Hanlon = played well against two good forwards 8

Forster = see above liked how he gave keeper hard time on couple occasions 7

Lewis = did ok 6

Craig = plays the Gerrard role looked good talked a lot more than I saw last year 7

Robbo = worked hard more forward runs would of been nice but still solid 7

Sammy = not a winger but tried make things happen 6

Harris = played well but still don't know if can make it at senior level 7

Handling = not for me sorry but no 6

Farid = big strong good touch lacked service so that's why only gets 6

Subs = lose us the game but hey not gonna be to upset

allan will be good but gonna lose us the ball alot with trying the wounder pass all the time but with Craig and robbo behind him should help

Still need 5 players to be anywhere near winning it 3 away from finishing 2

LaMotta
27-07-2014, 07:50 PM

Forster = see above liked how he gave keeper b hard

wee bit premature to be making claims like that ( not that there is much competition for the accolade!)

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Would agree with most of the posts above. The new keeper was loud, a good sign, and I thought Danny Handling played very well linking the defence and midfield to the forward(s) in much the same ways Steven Fletcher did (while being criticised for it).

Harris looks hungry for the ball and had hard lines with that second half shot.

bring on East Fife.

smithyhfc
27-07-2014, 07:57 PM
wee bit premature to be making claims like that ( not that there is much competition for the accolade!)

Since steven witterker (sp) we haven't had decent right back so gray easily best since him! Tell me one better??

LaMotta
27-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Since steven witterker (sp) we haven't had decent right back so gray easily best since him! Tell me one better??

Its impossible to say if he is better than anyone since Whittaker based on just a couple of friendly games. I hope he will be though :aok:

smithyhfc
27-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Its impossible to say if he is better than anyone since Whittaker based on just a couple of friendly games. I hope he will be though :aok:

Fair point but like how he always tryed toget forward and had couple Strong challenges

jimmyboco1875
27-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Keeper 6
Gray 8
Forster 6
Hanlon 10
Stevenson 7
Harris 9
Stanton 8
Craig 6
Robertson 6
Handling 7
Farid 6

Mikey09
27-07-2014, 08:26 PM

Lewis = did ok 6

Craig = plays the Gerrard role looked good talked a lot more than I saw last year 7

allan will be good but gonna lose us the ball alot with trying the wounder pass all the time but with Craig and robbo behind him should help

Still need 5 players to be anywhere near winning it 3 away from finishing 2

Eh??!!!! Have you been on the bevvy??!!

dave62
27-07-2014, 08:34 PM
We were unlucky to lose today and thought there were some decent performances all over the park. Pleased to see us trying to keep the ball on the deck and actually try to retain possession rather than just hoofing it. Movement was better too.

Good to see Harris looking more like his old self, taking on players and he seems to have regained some of his confidence.

Craig looked more like the player I thought we were getting when he first arrived, showing for the ball, moving into space and making himself available for the return, just generally keeping it simple but effective. Some people think he played too deep but I reckon he'll be able to push forward more when we face the weaker teams we'll be playing in the league this year. Hope so anyway.

Whilst it's only a friendly, I came away feeling more confident than I have for a while and we won't play any stronger teams than Utd in the league this season.

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2014, 09:04 PM

Lewis = did ok 6

Still need 5 players to be anywhere near winning it 3 away from finishing 2Bizarre considering he has.

AlbertK86
27-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Oxley 6

Not much to do but took the one ball he came out for well. Liked the fact he was happy to look to play out from back and looked for feet

Gray 7

Hardy in the tackle. Always wanted the ball. Got forward well in 1st half but poor crosses

Forster 7

Strong in the challenge as always. Partnership with Hanlon looked solid bar one first half moment where they were both sleeping. Slack pass when we went to back 3 but think this was due to wanting to pass as appears to be the new instruction. Delighted with this but on that occasion it should have gone up the line as there was little options on

Hanlon 7.5

Not his biggest fan as he has been bullied to often in the past and had a tendency to ball watch. However credit where it's due he had a very good game and hopefully he can maintain an aggressive streak. If he does the Partnership between him and jordon should flourish in this division

Stevenson 7

Good solid performance. AlwYs gave team mates an outlet

Robbo 7

Some great tackles won that looked like he shouldn't have got. Good energy

Craig. 7

Always wanted the ball. One decent shot that just curled away. Would like to see him further up pitch IF we are playing this formation and IF we can get somebody else in the holding role

Harris. 8

Great to see his confidence coming back.
Could visibly see it growing as the game went on. Nutmeg on their boy seemed to confirm his own belief in his head and he went looking for the ball at every opportunity. Still think he's more dangerous on the left cutting on. Few efforts on goal... One of which drew a fantastic save from the keeper

Handling. 7

Excellent first half where he wanted the ball all the time. Couple of excellent drops of the shoulders and twists to lose his man. Best I've seen from him for a while

Stanton. 7

Couple of flashes of brilliance. Could see he was dying to get central to try and get on the ball so he could get a chance to dictate. If we are playing this system I think he needs to be fed more of the ball.
Would be fantastic supporting 3 if Harris Allan/Craig and Stanton could play at the top of their games consistently

El Algui 7.5

Tireless performance from the big fella. Great first touch and took the one chance he got very well ... Pity it was ruled out. Started coming deep for the ball. If we can keep him up top with a decent supply think heat score a few. Could also see him and Cummings striking a good partnership

Subs ... Not enough time to judge

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 12:31 AM

Tbf.... Not a hell of a lot of competition.... Who is there?

Gathuessi
Van zanten
Clancy
Mullen
Maybury - been the best recent IMO

smithyhfc
28-07-2014, 03:17 AM
Eh??!!!! Have you been on the bevvy??!!

Just don't think he's strong enough unfortunately bet he's outstanding at under 20s with people his age! Scottish football is full off big hacket men and will kick him at every chance and think after he's hit couple times he'll shy away hopefully am wrong but just my thoughts (he was good today) who was he up against today btw?

Winston Ingram
28-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Just don't think he's strong enough unfortunately bet he's outstanding at under 20s with people his age! Scottish football is full off big hacket men and will kick him at every chance and think after he's hit couple times he'll shy away hopefully am wrong but just my thoughts (he was good today) who was he up against today btw?

Despite the fact he's already had half a season where he's proved he's strong enough? Against Falkirk in the semi he was hit plenty times and still dragged the us back in the game. I think you should put yer spade away.

LaMotta
28-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Tbf.... Not a hell of a lot of competition.... Who is there?

Gathuessi
Van zanten
Clancy
Mullen
Maybury - been the best recent IMO

Yeah i know i said that in my previous post that there wasnt much competition.

But its way too early to say that he's the best of the bunch! Im sure that Zarabi, Kujabi, and McGivern looked like the best left back since Murphy after a couple of games. Lessons to be learnt there in not making your mind up too early on a player!

Mango Man
28-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Really enjoyed the game yesterday, the players all seem to know what their role in the team was and were sticking to their positions, looked solid at the back until the raft of substitutions upset the balance a bit, lacked a bit of cutting edge up front but I'm sure once Cummings and the Heff come back and maybe another striker, then we should be ok. I found Liam Craig a bit infuriating yesterday, was collecting the ball from the keeper nearly every time and was trying to play that cultured playmaker role which I really don't think he is that great at, not for lack of trying though, he was very vocal.

Oxley-6: Didn't have much to do, dropped a couple of shots but didn't lead to anything dangerous, very vocal.

Gray-7: Looked pretty solid, lost it once or twice but was always busting a gut to get back, likes to get forward.

Hanlon-7.5: Barely put a foot wrong today, good to have him back.

Forster-7: Played his role well, hope him and Hanlon can become a formidable defensive partnership this season.

Stevenson-7: Mr Dependable, got himself forward a lot and got a couple of decent crosses in too.

Robertson-6: Nothing spectacular, couple of things didn't quite go for him but I reckon a few more games in and we will start to see more from him.

Craig-6: As I said previously, not really sure he can play this playmaker role, his passing and decision making isn't the best. Still played better than he did for most of last season though.

Harris-8: Once he got going then he was clearly our most dangerous player, confidence appears to be up and he was taking players on and doing a fair bit of tracking back too, really hope he has an amazing season.

Stanton-6: Didn't see much from Stanton today, didn't do a whole lot wrong but feel he could have imposed himself a bit more, he clearly has the talent.

Handling-5: Wasn't really happening for him today, one or 2 nice little turns but not enough done to be a starter, to lightweight and doesn't appear to be much of a goal threat, must do better.

Farid-6: Wasn't really sticking for him in the first 20 mins but then he started to hold the ball up a bit better and also drawing a few fouls for us, was playing a bit deep sometimes but think once we get used to our system then he will bang in the goals for us.

Subs,

S. Allan-5: Gave away the ball in the lead up to their goal but seemed to get a bit better as the game went on, keen to get on the ball and make a few cutting passes, he will be an integral part of the team this season.

Nelson-5: looked a little lost when he came on, but so did the whole team once they scored.

OTJ-5: See above.

L. Allan-5: Didn't see a lot of the ball but gets himself about.

Ginger guy who came on-5.5: Looked to get himself on the ball quite a bit, was involved in a few nice triangle passing moves, will need to see more.

It was a real good test for us and one I think we can take a lot of positives from, fans seemed to be quite positive as well from where I was sitting, onwards and upward my fellow Hibees.

we are hibs
28-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Can't believe the amount of people saying handling was poor, he was one of our best players.

BSEJVT
28-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Can't believe the amount of people saying handling was poor, he was one of our best players.

Unfortunately that's football supporters for you (me included)

Many people make up their mind on a player for good or ill and then struggle to see anything that conflicts with that view.

I don't think its even deliberate.

My view on Handling has always been that he has ability, but very little pace.

I am never that convinced by his fitness either, but that's probably because the laddie has never had a run of games to get truly match fit as opposed to just fit.

Winston Ingram
28-07-2014, 06:50 PM

I'd love to see his stats for the 2nd half. He barely touched the ball

Blaster
28-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I'd love to see his stats for the 2nd half. He barely touched the ball

I thought he was good in the first half and gave the ball away a few times early second half and fell out of it before subbed

GreenArmy1875
28-07-2014, 07:52 PM
I thought Handling was one of our best yesterday. His turn and opening up off the play that you can see on the highlights was brilliant. I think he is one of these players that some Hibs fans wont give another chance, He is still young and some players may take time to fully develop i hope he turns out good. I agree with his lack of pace but think he is very clever when played deeper and does not panic on the ball.

Thought we looked good yesterday just never created enough chances for me. Was great to be back at ER yesterday with a buzz about the place again.

Winston Ingram
28-07-2014, 08:16 PM
I thought he was good in the first half and gave the ball away a few times early second half and fell out of it before subbed

Exactly how I saw it:agree: