PDA

View Full Version : Half Time

Badabing
27-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Good to see the subs doing some organised drills at half time instead of fannying about and planning their assault on George Street. I'm hoping that Stubbs is demanding a more professional attitude and we'll here less stories about after the game.

Bayern Bru
27-07-2014, 06:21 PM
I was pleased to see that too.

I know it's a minor point in the grand scheme of things but when just about every other team's subs were doing drills at half time and ours were p*ssing about trying flicks and tricks it's nice to see.

07BigD
27-07-2014, 06:25 PM
It was good to see

tamig
27-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Thats been a regular feature both before games and at ht since Stubbs and the new coaches arrived. Very good to see.

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 07:10 PM
The new conditioning coach was making them do some stretches that I felt from my seat in the East today. I had enough trouble getting up the steps.

wookie70
27-07-2014, 07:15 PM
The warm up before the game looked far more orchestrated too. It is frightening how unprofessional we were last year. If Butcher and Malpas were in a normal job they would have been sacked on inefficiency grounds.

emerald green
27-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Agree with all of the above posts. Everything, from start to finish, was much more professional.

It was great to see the players properly organised and passing the ball to each other, always on the ground, during the pre-match warm up.

Never saw anything like that when those charlatans Butcher & Malpas were in charge.

EdinMike
27-07-2014, 07:42 PM
That has been bugging me for years, that's not just last season.

iwasthere1972
27-07-2014, 07:48 PM
They looked like they were out there to do something which resembled training.

Good to see.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Much better sitting in the dressing room listening to Butcher slavering ***** and Malpas calling them all *****, before coming out and doing some keepie-ups

DaveF
27-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Also good to see the kids out playing on the park too. Signs that LD's commitment to engage with the community a lot more is on the go.

snooky
27-07-2014, 09:52 PM
That has been bugging me for years, that's not just last season.

Me too. :agree: For a good few years now.

Before the match and at HT, players have just farted about with the ba' like they were playing comby on a Sunday afternoon.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Also good to see the kids out playing on the park too. Signs that LD's commitment to engage with the community a lot more is on the go.

For all the pish that's gone on the past few years, we have always been good at getting the kids out for a kick about at half time. 10 second challenge and the wee games like what we seen today

Ross89
27-07-2014, 10:52 PM
I was pleased to see that too.

I know it's a minor point in the grand scheme of things but when just about every other team's subs were doing drills at half time and ours were p*ssing about trying flicks and tricks it's nice to see.

Its not a minor point though - its about professionalism.

In both games against Hamilton Accies their subs were out doing intense, organised drills at half with a coach present. Whereas our bunch of goons just strolled about kicking the ball aimlessly at each other.

Even more worryingly, in the home game against Hamilton we had already made 3 substitutions, however despite this James Collins was warming up in front of the North Stand in the hope of getting on ! Scary that Butcher and Malpas never picked up on this.

Great to hear that Stubbs seems to be re-introducing the right habits at the club.

We are well rid of the clowns that are Butcher and Malpas - good riddance you buffoons you :agree:

dangermouse
28-07-2014, 09:24 AM
And the sub goalkeeper getting a proper warm up at half time as well. This has bugged me for years that we have never done this and shows Stubbs is not only a breath of fresh air but means business as well.