PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls

MacBean
27-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Cracking performance from them today. Seriusly though we really Need something to stop so many coming in to the ground and stands tons of them swooping so close to everyone.

Northernhibee
27-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Cracking performance from them today. Seriusly though we really Need something to stop so many coming in to the ground and stands tons of them swooping so close to everyone.

Maybe that's why Callum Booth hasn't been loaned out again?

Keith_M
27-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Air Rifles?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2014, 02:54 PM

Sell East Mains and invest in a roof like the Millennum Stadium :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Air Rifles?

No need. We have Callum Booth for that :greengrin

HoboHarry
27-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Offer Booth some overtime and he can spend Monday afternoon shelling them.....

HoboHarry
27-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Or hire Randy Johnson for an afternoon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwpRHrAh3pk

heretoday
27-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Or hire Randy Johnson for an afternoon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwpRHrAh3pk

Brilliant! He was some pitcher.

Weststandwanab
27-07-2014, 03:23 PM
If people did not discard all over the stadium what purports to be food on sale at the Concessions we would probably have far less seagulls looking for scraps.

HoboHarry
27-07-2014, 03:27 PM
If people did not discard all over the stadium what purports to be food on sale at the Concessions we would probably have far less seagulls looking for scraps.
Well that's a selfish attitude. Are you trying to force them into going over to the PBS to eat the s***e they sell?

Brightside
27-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Alka Seltzer wrapped in bread. Then watch them go....

lucky
27-07-2014, 03:37 PM
It was very annoying and it's something that needs addressed

The_Horde
27-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Have some teams not got the fake eagles to scare them off?

givescotlandfreedom
27-07-2014, 03:50 PM
One of them took a dump on Mackay Stevens when he was waiting to come on.

SteveHFC
27-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Maybe we could train them to scare away the opposition? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2014, 03:54 PM
;4108723']Have some teams not got the fake eagles to scare them off?

Isn't that what the owls in the away end at Tynie are for?

SmashinGlass
27-07-2014, 03:58 PM

One of them took a dump on a poor wee old woman sitting right in front of me. A precision strike from the seagull and I think we should really be looking to get it signed up on a long term deal :greengrin

NathHFC
27-07-2014, 04:50 PM

SERIOUSLY bad spelling mate. :)

Sir David Gray
27-07-2014, 05:05 PM
It was very annoying and it's something that needs addressed

Not too sure what the answer is but having so many of them coming in all at the same time was really annoying.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2014, 05:08 PM
We had a problem with seagulls in the car park at my work.

We have a guy comes in with 2 eagles once every 3 weeks, when the seagulls see them they disappear very quickly and we don't see them again until a couple of days before the eagles are due back.

Big Frank
27-07-2014, 05:13 PM

We have a guy comes in with 2 eagles once every 3 weeks, when the seagulls see them they disappear very quickly and we don't see them again until a couple of days before the eagles are due back.

Or the guy from your works phones the boy wi the eagles when the gulls appear again:thumbsup:

trev the hat
27-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Serious problem these gulls, there's a landfill site in West Lothian that has a cull on them every so often to target travelling gulls straying into airspace around the airport. A menace the urban gulls as they'r called now. The herring gull is in serious decline while these pesky gulls wreak havoc. They can s***e for Scotland as well

Emerald
27-07-2014, 05:41 PM
The club will need to do something if that continues as it distracts from your viewing enjoyment (where were they last year). I seem to recall they had a plastic owl in one of the stands to discourage this sort of thing, but not sure if it works?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Bird+Scarer+Proves+Ineffectual+w7MSi90wp4Ol.jpg

NOLA
27-07-2014, 05:48 PM
they ken when a hibs game is on theres gonna be a feast of leftovers to snack on during/after the game, maybe if everyone just ate at home before going to the game :wink: rip off prices anyway, god knows why folk still buy that sh*t.

CB_NO3
27-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure Aberdeen fly Harry the Hawke around Pittodrie before games. We might have to invest in something like that.

Weststandwanab
27-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Well that's a selfish attitude. Are you trying to force them into going over to the PBS to eat the s***e they sell?

No, but like your thinking !

wills
27-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Alka Seltzer wrapped in bread. Then watch them go....

This looks better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYz5SHFHyA&sns=em

maturehibby
27-07-2014, 07:38 PM

Couldent have happened to a nicer person

DAVE1875
27-07-2014, 07:54 PM
http://youtu.be/ZmTVs8JS48A?t=48s

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Said this on another thread already but...I live next to the stadium, they are getting worse every summer. This year is unbearable!! They are relentless, squawking right through the night. I have no idea when the ****ers sleep. They must work on shifts just to piss me off even more. Can't keep up with how often the car needs cleaned. The sooner Hibs invest in some bird of prey the better. I'm at the stage where if it was a choice between signing a goalkeeper or a hawk, I'd take the hawk and just stick utility man Stevenson between the sticks.

Emerald
27-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Said this on another thread already but...I live next to the stadium, they are getting worse every summer. This year is unbearable!! They are relentless, squawking right through the night. I have no idea when the ****ers sleep. They must work on shifts just to piss me off even more. Can't keep up with how often the car needs cleaned. The sooner Hibs invest in some bird of prey the better. I'm at the stage where if it was a choice between signing a goalkeeper or a hawk, I'd take the hawk and just stick utility man Stevenson between the sticks.

What about bringing Budgie back? lol

ionahibby
27-07-2014, 08:24 PM
I notice the emptier the stand/lower attendance for a game is when they seem to hang about. The busier the game/higher attendance the less seagulls you get. I suspect because of higher noise levels from the stands keeps them away.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-07-2014, 08:24 PM
What about bringing Budgie back? lol

Or get this guy along

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/parrot-sings-hibs-song-to-wind-up-rangers-fan-1-3036239

Number69
27-07-2014, 08:25 PM
I got shat on, right in the face!! My mate in the away end got shat on, as did his kid. If people would stop throwing rubbish and half eaten chips around maybe we wouldn't have this problem!!

Anyway it was a good game and my ****ty face still had a smile on it ;)

Emerald
27-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I notice the emptier the stand/lower attendance for a game is when they seem to hang about. The busier the game/higher attendance the less seagulls you get. I suspect because of higher noise levels from the stands keeps them away.

I knew it, it's the fans fault again!!! lol as I can't get the smilies to work for some reason!

stoneyburn hibs
27-07-2014, 08:32 PM
I got shat on, right in the face!! My mate in the away end got shat on, as did his kid. If people would stop throwing rubbish and half eaten chips around maybe we wouldn't have this problem!!

Sorry mate but that gave me a laugh :greengrin

Hibs7
27-07-2014, 08:34 PM
It's not just at ER it is all round the city. I even saw one come down to an outside table on George st to nab someone's food.. The council really need to do so something about them as they are now nesting in the city rooftops, a health hazard as well as causing structural damage with their chicks sh it .. A definite cull is required on them.

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Sorry mate, I was aiming for the guy in the row behind you.

Signed Jonathan Livingston Seagull

emerald green
27-07-2014, 08:41 PM

There were a couple of blokes with a stall set up outside the St James Centre on Saturday. They had birds of prey tethered and passers bye could get their photos taken with a bird (of prey).

They had an eagle, hawk, buzzard etc. Wonder if they could do a job at ER?

dave62
27-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Seagulls have a nest on the roof of my flat and the noise, from about four in the morning, drives me up the wall.

When I saw the Callum Booth video I was tempted to contact Hibs to see if I could hire him and a bag of balls for half a day.

Number69
27-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Sorry mate but that gave me a laugh :greengrin

Haha no worries! I was laughing myself when it happened, especially after my mate phoned at half time to tell me about his incident, I was almost on the floor with laughter and then 2 minutes from time karma stepped in to pay me a visit lol

DaveF
27-07-2014, 08:54 PM
During nesting time, you take your chances when walking down the road if these *******s have chicks on tenement rooftops. Nasty, aggressive buggers and a real menace in the city nowadays.

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 08:59 PM
can we not sell them as a Kiosk special - would improve keek food and reduce incidence of keek on support....

Seriously they are so blatant...on Friday the buggers were emptying every bin in NB after a busy day at the beach making a lovely spot look like a sh*t hole...today they were trying to dive for grub out of peoples hands :rolleyes:...

Can there not be a supplementary commonwealth comp for the shooters... that indian bloke on the pistol shooting would fill a skip of them as half time entertainment

Saturday Boy
27-07-2014, 09:05 PM
can we not sell them as a Kiosk special - would improve keek food and reduce incidence of keek on support....

Seriously they are so blatant...on Friday the buggers were emptying every bin in NB after a busy day at the beach making a lovely spot look like a sh*t hole...today they were trying to dive for grub out of peoples hands :rolleyes:...

Can there not be a supplementary commonwealth comp for the shooters... that indian bloke on the pistol shooting would fill a skip of them as half time entertainment

Totally agree, it's a nightmare here in Musselburgh , though my car is mar##n, I'm fairly relaxed about the sh## ,

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 10:07 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9397323/erskine-secures-united-win-

watch these interviews....its like hitchcocks 'the birds' in the background...I swear mcnamara is laughing at them being dive bombed during his interview....

happiehibbie
27-07-2014, 10:31 PM
I agree something needs to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majorhibs
27-07-2014, 10:41 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9397323/erskine-secures-united-win-

watch these interviews....its like hitchcocks 'the birds' in the background...I swear mcnamara is laughing at them being dive bombed during his interview....

Aye, only at the end in that vid there is it like what it was during the quiet times at back of East, roar fi the crowd moves them for a few but their soon back, mair goalmouth action, mair noise, less seagulls. Get it sorted etc....

snooky
27-07-2014, 11:02 PM
I agree something needs to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.commonsenseevaluation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/duck-dynasty-wallpaper.jpg

lord bunberry
28-07-2014, 06:37 AM
...,kin doooooo

andy1875
28-07-2014, 06:46 AM
I stay in Restalrig and they're a pain in the ar$3.

4am every morning when they start their noise, no need for an alarm clock down this way.

Brutal.

Waxy
28-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Seagulls. I don't get on with them.

paul1966
28-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Don't think a bird of prey would do much good as the gulls would just mob it, the only way to stop it would be no food inside ER and they would soon get the message and head off elsewhere for an easy meal, we all know that aint gonna happen though.

easty
28-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Seagulls are meaty. The caterers should be cooking them.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 09:20 AM
An enjoyable thread, with fans discussing how the environment at Easter Road effects their match day experience. Good topic for the main board.

Yet, if people want to discuss other elements of the environment at Easter Road, for example whether it is an appropriate place for political protest, it goes to the Holy Ground.

Without wanting to get anybody's back up - or get this thread moved off the main board, where it belongs - I'd just like to know why one is for the Holy Ground, and another one isn't.

TheFamous1875
28-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Why don't we just put food on the roof of the stands? A bit Jetsons but a big vacuum that folk can put their leftovers in that billows out refuge onto the roofs and the seagulls can stay up there and not bother our viewing fun :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Big Frank
28-07-2014, 09:29 AM
They are vermin.

Submachine gun the ****ers I say!

easty
28-07-2014, 09:33 AM
An enjoyable thread, with fans discussing how the environment at Easter Road effects their match day experience. Good topic for the main board.

Yet, if people want to discuss other elements of the environment at Easter Road, for example whether it is an appropriate place for political protest, it goes to the Holy Ground.

Without wanting to get anybody's back up - or get this thread moved off the main board, where it belongs - I'd just like to know why one is for the Holy Ground, and another one isn't.

haud yer wheesht

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 09:35 AM
haud yer wheesht

Leave the censorship to the admins. :greengrin:

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Nip down to Wallyford and ask for some volunteers, they have the highest ownership level of Air Rifles and Shotguns in the Lothians.

:wink:

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Leave the censorship to the admins. :greengrin:

I think I'll volunteer to be an Admin just so I can get to give you a warning.

MSK
28-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Without wanting to get anybody's back up - or get this thread moved off the main board, where it belongs - I'd just like to know why one is for the Holy Ground, and another one isn't.You are nit picking (again)..you know exactly what content should be in the forums ..you know what content is in the holy ground ..you also know what content goes into the dug out forum & the other sports forum..you also know that sometimes when threads lose their way in here they get moved to the appropriate forum too ..

Its a nice day outside ...away & get some sun ..:aok:

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 09:50 AM
You are nit picking (again)..you know exactly what content should be in the forums ..you know what content is in the holy ground ..you also know what content goes into the dug out forum & the other sports forum..you also know that sometimes when threads lose their way in here they get moved to the appropriate forum too ..

Its a nice day outside ...away & get some sun ..:aok:

:aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 09:53 AM

McNamara laughing made me laugh :greengrin

greenlex
28-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Hawkmans the answer but needs to be regular. My work uses one too. When the young are fledging its ****ing ridiculous.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 04:13 PM
There was a problem with seagulls on the old BT training centre in Muirhouse. I don't know how they did it, but three Philipino security men used to patrol the area at night with clubs. There weren't many seagulls after that.

iwasthere1972
28-07-2014, 04:32 PM
There was a problem with seagulls on the old BT training centre in Muirhouse. I don't know how they did it, but three Philipino security men used to patrol the area at night with clubs. There weren't many seagulls after that.

I heard that these Philipinos are now without clubs so maybe they could come to Hibs. We could issue them with rifles.

Pesky Seagulls.

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Now if the seagulls would swoop and take the hundreds of rabbits that are over running my area I would offer to take them.

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2014, 05:07 PM
You lot are a bunch of softies ....... We get coos in the garden all the time, my partner has a terrible time chasing them away, hell sometimes I have to help her :greengrin

If we cant get rid of the seagulls we should make us of them. Everybody in the FF should have a wee bit of bread, if we get a penalty chuck them in front of the keeper, he wont be able to see the ball for the swarms of birds. Mind, with our luck a gull will probably knock it round the post.

iwasthere1972
28-07-2014, 05:20 PM
McNamara laughing made me laugh :greengrin

Made me laugh as well. You could tell he was thinking 'what the (insert your own sweary word) is going on here' :greengrin

James70
28-07-2014, 05:42 PM
We could always try signing Willie Falconer.

I know he's knocking on for 50 now but he might still be able to do a job for us. :wink:

snooky
28-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Nip down to Wallyford and ask for some volunteers, they have the highest ownership level of Air Rifles and Shotguns in the Lothians.

:wink:

If I may add some credence to your statement ....

My mate knew a bloke from there. His faither insisted that the Germans would never have taken Wallyford in WW2. :cb

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 05:48 PM
If I may add some credence to your statement ....

My mate knew a bloke from there. His faither insisted that the Germans would never have taken Wallyford in WW2. :cb

They wouldn't take it now. Even if you paid them.

snooky
28-07-2014, 05:51 PM
They wouldn't take it now. Even if you paid them.

:greengrin vg

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 06:02 PM
:greengrin vg

I've got friends and family in Wallyford, by the way. :greengrin

superbam
28-07-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLrMFKGoiTo

A politician requested that seagulls be reclassified as vermin in the Irish senate last week as they had "lost the run of themselves".

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLrMFKGoiTo

A politician requested that seagulls be reclassified as vermin in the Irish senate last week as they had "lost the run of themselves".

Careful Now!

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Seagull's are naturally sea-faring birds, and have an important role in the ecology of the Ocean, removing surface debris. They are natural scavengers and have gone inland to get food from the most minging vermin of all - human beings. If we are going to shoot anybody, shoot them. Jambos and Huns first please.

snooky
28-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Mr Pedantic says there are no such birds as 'seagulls'. They're all 'gulls'.

For the record, down my way, we call them 's**t-hawks'.

SaulGoodman
28-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Mr Pedantic says there are no such birds as 'seagulls'. They're all 'gulls'.

For the record, down my way, we call them 's**t-hawks'.

Down my way we call them Seagulls because that's what everyone calls them :wink: :greengrin

over the line
28-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Down my way we call them Seagulls because that's what everyone calls them :wink: :greengrin

On St. Kilda they were called breakfast, dinner and tea. Give out free season tickets to all the descendents of the St. Kildans = seagull problem solved! ;)

over the line
28-07-2014, 08:10 PM
I saw a seagull fly into the ground on Sunday, carrying a carton of Ribena! And did the stewards confiscate it, did they *****! :D

Sergey
28-07-2014, 08:19 PM
On St. Kilda they were called breakfast, dinner and tea. Give out free season tickets to all the descendents of the St. Kildans = seagull problem solved! ;)

The birds themselves aren't for human consumption as the meat tastes vile, their eggs, however, are fantastic...although often hard to harvest.

Top money can be made for a ready supply of gulls eggs :agree:

over the line
28-07-2014, 08:25 PM
The birds themselves aren't for human consumption as the meat tastes vile, their eggs, however, are fantastic...although often hard to harvest.

Should it not be "the meat tastes FOWL"? :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
28-07-2014, 09:17 PM

Serg - can see its been a long time since you 'ate' at ER Kiosks if you think Gull meat would not be an improvement.....

As for eggs - surely if these were consumed in large quantity that would soon reduce the beggars numbers ever expansion?

Sergey
28-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Serg - can see its been a long time since you 'ate' at ER Kiosks if you think Gull meat would not be an improvement.....

As for eggs - surely if these were consumed in large quantity that would soon reduce the beggars numbers ever expansion?

I have to admit - I haven't consumed anything other than the odd 'cuppa' from a kiosk for well over 20 years. My tastes in cuisine doesn't tick the hot-dogs and/or burger box.

Back to gulls - there are two types. There's the "sea" gull that predominantly eat fish and crustaceans, and there's the scavenger gulls, that live off land-fill, kebab leftovers and other debris found on your early morning high-street. While they're classified as the same species, they are two completely different birds.

The "sea" gulls eggs are a delicacy and you can easily expect to pay in the region of £6 - £10 per egg. Pierre at Quinn's often serves them during the season (early May) with nothing more than celery salt (truffle shavings are extra).

I wholeheartedly suggest that you hunt them down, as they are truly divine with a nice chilled white wine.

DaveF
28-07-2014, 09:36 PM

A few blokes doing shifts along the rooftops of Edinburgh during egg laying time and they will make a packet as the gulls seem to have colonised almost every rooftop in the city.

over the line
28-07-2014, 09:45 PM

It's supposed to be good luck if a bird dumps on you? And if anyone is into it, I know a couple of birds from Birkenhead who will do it for £60 each, how lucky can you get! :D

down-the-slope
28-07-2014, 09:46 PM
I have to admit - I haven't consumed anything other than the odd 'cuppa' from a kiosk for well over 20 years. My tastes in cuisine doesn't tick the hot-dogs and/or burger box.

Back to gulls - there are two types. There's the "sea" gull that predominantly eat fish and crustaceans, and there's the scavenger gulls, that live off land-fill, kebab leftovers and other debris found on your early morning high-street. While they're classified as the same species, they are two completely different birds.

The "sea" gulls eggs are a delicacy and you can easily expect to pay in the region of £6 - £10 per egg. Pierre at Quinn's often serves them during the season (early May) with nothing more than celery salt (truffle shavings are extra).

I wholeheartedly suggest that you hunt them down, as they are truly divine with a nice chilled white wine.

:agree: I get what you are saying...as a fisherman the City Gulls are probably the bird equivalent of farmed Salmon as opposed to the real shrimp and sand eel multi sea wintered wild fish

portycabbage
28-07-2014, 09:59 PM

I'd heard the eggs are good, but found the following actual gull recipe - but the ingredients seem a bit out of proportion and the method is complicated.:wink:

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=99374

Septimus
30-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Towards the end of WW2 I can remember gull's eggs being sold in the two Wilson's Fish shops in Easter Road along with whale meat. A friend who lived on the Isle of May while researching a book used to take an egg every morning from a couple of herring gull's nests. They usually lay two so you mark the first one and next day take the unmarked one thus ensuring freshness. He expected to get something like twenty eggs from one nest in this manner as the confused lady gulls would notice that there was still only one egg and promptly lay another.
Incidentally they are good to eat. (the eggs I mean)

It is surely the habits of human beings that have created this gull problem in cities and towns.

Moody D
30-07-2014, 09:14 AM
One of them took a dump on a poor wee old woman sitting right in front of me. A precision strike from the seagull and I think we should really be looking to get it signed up on a long term deal :greengrinnothing new there then! All fans been shat on in last few years I would say

Golden Bear
02-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Maybe we should swoop for a few of these guys. I'm not sure if our new beak would be up for this though and RP would only be accused of feathering his own nest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-28605629

semaj64
02-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Maybe we should swoop for a few of these guys. I'm not sure if our new beak would be up for this though and RP would only be accused of feathering his own nest.

I am sure he would claw back some financial reward or maybe we would be the first for goal line tech Hawk-Eye

over the line
02-08-2014, 05:26 PM

They seem very TALON-ted at what they do and seem EGG-cellent value for money! :rolleyes::D

number9dream
02-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Towards the end of WW2 I can remember gull's eggs being sold in the two Wilson's Fish shops in Easter Road along with whale meat. A friend who lived on the Isle of May while researching a book used to take an egg every morning from a couple of herring gull's nests. They usually lay two so you mark the first one and next day take the unmarked one thus ensuring freshness. He expected to get something like twenty eggs from one nest in this manner as the confused lady gulls would notice that there was still only one egg and promptly lay another.

It is surely the habits of human beings that have created this gull problem in cities and towns.

It is a very human problem. If we weren't dropping chips n' cheese and kebabs all over the streets and littering with merry abandon, the gulls would still be in their natural habitat, although now they are adept at ripping open bin bags and getting into any design of waste recepticals.

As an exiled Hibee, I had a couple of pleasant gull-free days after the Red Arrows came screaming over the east end of Glasgow. It's probably not a cost-effective deterrent though...

--------
03-08-2014, 12:17 PM
All you have to do is take a toy gun into the ground with you.

If a bird starts pestering you, stand up, point the toy gun at it and shout, "Go away or I'll fire!"

The bird will immediately fly away in terror, believing you have a real firearm in your hand.

They're very GULLIBLE birds.

Alternatively, Hibs could pay some crew-members from any ship in Leith Docks to come up to the stadium an hour before the game.

Once the gulls realise that the seafarers are in the area they'll lose interest in anything going on in the stadium.

They'll follow them anywhere.

ALL THE NICE GULLS LOVE A SAILOR, don't you know?

Or you COULD put a music-player on a BIG FLOAT out in the middle of the Firth, playing their favourite song.

That would attract them away.

But it has to be the right song.

"If you were the only GULL in the world, and I were the only BUOY ...."

I'll get ma coat. :devil:

Bishop Hibee
03-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Loads of them nest in Restalrig which is probably were the ER pests come from. Apparently it's perfectly legal to destroy the eggs and nest but as soon as they hatch they are protected.

As we're still paying Butcher, could we not stick him on top of the stand threatening and swearing at the gulls?

Keith_M
03-08-2014, 02:07 PM

As we're still paying Butcher, could we not stick him on top of the stand threatening and swearing at the gulls?

Wouldn't Malpas be more appropriate?

Viva_Palmeiras
03-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Yup and the councils policy on rubbish collection...

Bishop Hibee
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Roma and Lazio having problems apparently!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28583052

I didn't know urban gulls were fans of the Rangers :wink:

Keith_M
04-08-2014, 06:39 AM
Hibs have signed up a deterrent to the gulls