PDA

View Full Version : McGivern hits the ground running

heretoday
27-07-2014, 01:36 PM
From the Port Vale website:

GOAL:A stray back pass by Ryan McGivern presented JAMES MUDGE with an opportunity to beat Chris Neal from close range and he took it.

Luckily it was just a friendly against the mighty Tiverton Town.

Northernhibee
27-07-2014, 01:40 PM
He's gone, he's moved to a new club, maybe we should move on too.

SunshineOnLeith
27-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Someone really needs to tell the boy, if in doubt just play it up the line. Don't just roll it back towards the goalie blind.

hibee_girl
27-07-2014, 01:49 PM
He's gone, he's moved to a new club, maybe we should move on too.

:agree:

fatbloke
27-07-2014, 01:53 PM

He is a model of consistency.

snooky
27-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Disagree about forgetting McG et all.
I like to hear how ex-players are doing. Good or bad.

judas
27-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Personally, I have no issue mocking pants players, especially if they muffed it at Hibs.

His departure is a positive thing, and the odd reminder is to be welcomed.

emerald green
27-07-2014, 07:49 PM
It was another careless stray pass from McGivern that sold Hibs down the river early doors against Hamilton Accies.

maturehibby
27-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Still have not forgiven him for the goal against hamilton and before that the penalties that he used to give away - good riddens

Jack Hackett
27-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Personally, I have no issue mocking pants players, especially if they muffed it at Hibs.

His departure is a positive thing, and the odd reminder is to be welcomed.

Any opportunity to stick it to the fud is appreciated

smithyhfc
27-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Good luck MvG

Viva_Palmeiras
27-07-2014, 09:08 PM

Any opportunity to stick it to the fud is appreciated

Energies better applied elsewhere IMO...

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Good luck MvG

Didnt work, taylor pumped him.

Ross89
27-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Energies better applied elsewhere IMO...

Agreed :agree:

seven nowt
27-07-2014, 10:48 PM
From the Port Vale website:

GOAL:A stray back pass by Ryan McGivern presented JAMES MUDGE with an opportunity to beat Chris Neal from close range and he took it.

Luckily it was just a friendly against the mighty Tiverton Town.

I happen to think he was one of our best players and probably folk like you getting on his back doesnt help. I wish Ryan all the best!

seven nowt
27-07-2014, 10:53 PM
It was another careless stray pass from McGivern that sold Hibs down the river early doors against Hamilton Accies.

Don't forget how he won almost every ball and aerial challenge all season. I agree it was a bad pass, but as a professional defender mistakes are made!

Hibeesmad
28-07-2014, 12:20 AM
He wasn't the worst player we have had, I thought he did well under Fenlon like most of our other players I.e Craig and Nelson, however I do think Lewis Stevenson is a better option

Springbank
28-07-2014, 02:09 AM
This reaffirms my belief that the club are now making decisions that will take us in a different direction.

Bin the losers and the excuses.

Bring in winners and a winning mentality.

I'm all for that change and this is a welcome reminder we are going places while those who put us in our present mess have found their level

Big_Franck
28-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Don't forget how he won almost every ball and aerial challenge all season. I agree it was a bad pass, but as a professional defender mistakes are made!

Surely a :fishin: attempt. No way can you be serious.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Surely a :fishin: attempt. No way can you be serious.

I think that is Ryan himself using that account :greengrin

Brightside
28-07-2014, 10:25 AM

Haha. Amazing stuff. Awful player with a stinking attitude. Delighted he has gone.

Beefster
28-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Helped keep us up in 2012/13.

Had a loss of form towards the end of 2013/14 and some sweetie-wives liked to gossip on here about his social life.

Definitely a good candidate for a little schadenfreude every time something goes wrong for him.

Northernhibee
28-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Haha. Amazing stuff. Awful player with a stinking attitude. Delighted he has gone.

He worked his arse off on the pitch and I mind him being solid as a rock in the 1-0 Scottish cup game against that lot.

Onion
28-07-2014, 11:51 AM
This reaffirms my belief that the club are now making decisions that will take us in a different direction.

Bin the losers and the excuses.

Bring in winners and a winning mentality.

I'm all for that change and this is a welcome reminder we are going places while those who put us in our present mess have found their level

Have no issue with McGivern. Yes, he cost us points and helped to get us relegated but that's no excuse to give the guy grief. IMO he never hid and always gave 100% for Hibs. Blame lies squarely with those that signed him, trained him, and played him ie Fenlon, Petrie and Butcher.

leggeto
28-07-2014, 11:54 AM
I wish him all the best,had some good games for us but made too many costly mistakes

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 11:54 AM
It's reassuring to know that these lapses in concentration have nothing to do with the Easter Road fans, and their unrealistic expectations.

Golden Bear
28-07-2014, 11:57 AM
He worked his arse off on the pitch and I mind him being solid as a rock in the 1-0 Scottish cup game against that lot.

And at the same time he was blowing out of his erchie after 15 minutes and we all know why.

He was the original unprofessional professional and was far too typical of the kind of player we've "attracted" over a number of years now.

MrRobot
28-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Don't get why people need to enjoy him making a mistake at a new club. He's gone now and no longer of interest to us. Wish him all the best, but I am glad he is playing elsewhere.