PDA

View Full Version : Auction for cancer uk. Skol cup 91-92 fully autographed.

MoscowHibs
27-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Admins feel free to move.
I am doing a sponsored cycle in aid of Cancer research uk, as sadly my wife has brain cancer. To raise as much as I can, I am putting my Skol Cup programme, autographed by the whole squad, up for Auction. Anyone interested in bidding fire away. Will deliver personally to winning bidder in a couple of weeks or so.
Chopper
Update:
Anyone wishing to make a donation, no matter how small, may do so here:
https://www.justgiving.com/Steve-Fraser2

Many thanks for all the kind words.

marti1875
27-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I am doing a sponsored cycle in aid of Cancer research uk, as sadly my wife has brain cancer. To raise as much as I can, I am putting my Skol Cup programme, autographed by the whole squad, up for Auction. Anyone interested in bidding fire away. Will deliver personally to winning bidder in a couple of weeks or so.
Chopper

Do you have some sort of sponsor form as an alternative as i'd quite happily donate a wee bit to the cause?
I got diagnosed with terminal cancer 8 weeks ago so always like to help in any way i can, however little the amount it may be and hope it somehow helps for a cure for others in the future long after i'm gone.

McIntosh
27-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Do you have some sort of sponsor form as an alternative as i'd quite happily donate a wee bit to the cause?
I got diagnosed with terminal cancer 8 weeks ago so always like to help in any way i can, however little the amount it may be and hope it somehow helps for a cure for others in the future long after i'm gone.

Very humbling to read two such inspiring and courageous posts - let me know how to donate.

s.a.m
27-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Very sorry to hear about both of your situations, Marti1875 and Chopper. You're both in my thoughts.
Susan.

Simkin911
27-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Chopper & Marti1875 - thoughts with both you. I'll start the bidding at £100 for the programme. I'd also be happy to support the cycle / ride with you - depending on the exact timings etc (due to work commitments).

Baldy
27-07-2014, 08:29 PM
I will raise the bid to £150

whereswallace?
27-07-2014, 08:43 PM
I will raise the bid to £150

Il take it to £200

N M 156
27-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Chopper

Will gladly sponsor you for this & if you want anyone to join you on the cycle I would be up for that.

ALF TUPPER
27-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Chopper

I'll donate Chopper. Set up one of those giving online things. It's free and Hibby family are a generous bunch - not just to our own too !

Also, if you like ... I'd like to accompany you on part of your route, provide support etc.. If the timing suits. (PM me? )

All the the best Chopper to you and your lady

Time For Heroes
28-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Let us know how to donate and I'll definately do that.

Jones28
28-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Tears in my eyes reading these posts, my best wishes to all of you.

£225 for the programme

WellingtonHibby
28-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Donated. All the best.

FranckSuzy
29-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Sorry to read both of these posts but I have to say, the response from the Hibee family has been outstanding. GGTTH.

Jay
29-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Bump

marti1875
30-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Donated a wee bit, sorry it's not much mate but i aint worked for 10 weeks and wont for the foreseeable future but every little helps as some sort of saying goes, :greengrin

Good luck.

The Gorf
30-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Chopper
Update:

Just donated 10 quid mate. Sorry it couldn't be more.

lyonhibs
30-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Donated. Doing a marathon in October in memory of my old man who - sadly - couldn't beat brain cancer some 7 years ago. You and your wife are in my thoughts and I hope you beat this ******* of a disease.

Best of luck mate.

No thread hijack intended, but if anyone is feeling generous, the link for my money raising is below:

https://www.justgiving.com/pedrolyonmarathon

The Gorf
30-07-2014, 08:15 PM
S
Donated a wee bit, sorry it's not much mate but i aint worked for 10 weeks and wont for the foreseeable future but every little helps as some sort of saying goes, :greengrin

Good luck.

Hibs class :flag:

Jay
01-08-2014, 02:52 PM

MoscowHibs
13-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Chopper
Update:

Thanks to the private members forum, a sum in excess of £500 has been raised, which will be split between cancer research uk and some local cancer care centres. To raise a wee bit more, the following items can be bid on, within the next 24 hours only, so feel free to bid away.