PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Today

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Really looking forward to our home debut under Stubbs, no matter what's gone before the excitement of going to ER today is still there :greengrin

smithyhfc
27-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Hmmm after last season's horrific season not excited but looking forward to seeing if any improvements have been made! Up against a decent side (wouldn't say a top 3 spfl team) but big step up From anything we have played

semaj64
27-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Yes looking forward to see what the new guys are like and what 'better' players Stubbs had made of the team of old. Hopefully todays performance will be a bit more than a normal friendly

down-the-slope
27-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Hmmm after last season's horrific season not excited but looking forward to seeing if any improvements have been made! Up against a decent side (wouldn't say a top 3 spfl team) but big step up From anything we have played

I would - along with Dons they are best in SPFL outside Celtic

mutley
27-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Gutted I'll miss today (especially as it's free) but I'll bee keeping an eye on the forum for updates

HibeeMassive
27-07-2014, 09:08 AM
What kind of crowd do we think we'll get today?

Thinking about taking the wee felly but he doesn't like the busier games - normally wouldn't think twice about a friendly but given it's out only home game and it's cheap/free I'm thinking there might be a reasonable turn out?

Brightside
27-07-2014, 09:10 AM

Thinking about taking the wee felly but he doesn't like the busier games - normally wouldn't think twice about a friendly but given it's out only home game and it's cheap/free I'm thinking there might be a reasonable turn out?

Albanian Hibs

I think about 5k?

Albanian Hibs

Haha

Keith_M
27-07-2014, 09:11 AM

I don't think the club are expecting a big turnout, as the Famous Five and South Stands are both closed.

Where's the Match Updaes thread? I've got a 100% record so far this season with two wins out of two so I might just start it again :wink:

smithyhfc
I would - along with Dons they are best in SPFL outside Celtic

Not finished in top 3 past 2 seasons so don't see how you can say that?? Motherwell are a better team Dundee Utd maybe have better players but not better team as table will tell you!!!!

J-C
I'm looking forward to see what Stubbs can do with the same players TB had at his disposal, the majority of the team are the same albeit 1 or 2 positions.

Del Boy
27-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Will be a real test today. Hoping for a good performance and hope fans don't get too downhearted if we lose by a couple. Uniteds forwards are better than what we'll be up against this season. Looking forward to seeing Allan play.

Crowd: 6k
Score: hibs 2-3 Utd

Forza Fred
27-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Can't be there for obvious reasons, and difficult to come to terms with the Arabs being a division above us, but will watch with interest the outcome.

smithyhfc
27-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Will be a real test today. Hoping for a good performance and hope fans don't get too downhearted if we lose by a couple. Uniteds forwards are better than what we'll be up against this season. Looking forward to seeing Allan play.

Crowd: 6k
Score: hibs 2-3 Utd

Lose by a couple really? If that's what we are aming for then long season ahead

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Games are still about fitness and conditioning so result is secondary. Want to see our players have the confidence to keep the ball down and keep passing it. Dundee United are a far better side, from a league above us.

Del Boy
27-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Lose by a couple really? If that's what we are aming for then long season ahead

Not saying that's the aim!! Just hoping that if we do lose by a couple that fans don't go all doom and gloom! It is, after all, a friendly against a better team!

semaj64
27-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Anyone know if BTG is open re match

JoJo_07
27-07-2014, 09:36 AM

Open from 1200 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140724/ticket-info-for-todays-friendly_2262950_4031569)

marti1875
27-07-2014, 09:37 AM

Sure is, open from 12. They say new menu and drinks promotions too! :greengrin Oh and "games" :confused: Maybe you can go have a pint and play ker plunk or something :greengrin

semaj64
27-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Cheers, might play the games and not go to the match
:greengrin

neil7908
27-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm really unsure about whether to go this afternoon. After the end of last season I felt like it might be a long time before I would be back at ER but of course as soon as a home game comes along I feel like I'm missing out if I'm not their.

Although I'm pleased with the signings we've made, I am concerned that so far (obviously still a lot of time left in the window) there just haven't been enough new faces.

I can't say I'm excited about this season but I suspect the old loyalties will kick in. 2-3 more signings of the same calibre as Allan and I think I'll regain my excitement about going TO ER.

Benny Brazil
27-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Season tickets valid for today?

Never mind - just read the official ticket info thread :)

whiskyhibby
27-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Season tickets valid for today?

Yes but seating is unallocated, so you can use for any part of the ground

SmithyHibee
27-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Will the Hibs Club be open today?

marti1875
27-07-2014, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=SmithyHibee;4108339]Will the Hibs Club be open today?[/QUOTE

It is every other Sunday so no reason for it to be closed today on a match day?

lord bunberry
27-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Really looking forward to our home debut under Stubbs, no matter what's gone before the excitement of going to ER today is still there :greengrin

Absolutely, I'm taking the wee one to her first game today. I don't know who is more exited her or me :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Absolutely, I'm taking the wee one to her first game today. I don't know who is more exited her or me :greengrin

:thumbsup: I hope her first impression is a good one.

lord bunberry
27-07-2014, 10:00 AM
:thumbsup: I hope her first impression is a good one.

I hope so too. We've got season tickets for the famous five which I believe is closed today so we will probably give the west a go for a change.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2014, 10:03 AM
I hope so too. We've got season tickets for the famous five which I believe is closed today so we will probably give the west a go for a change.

That's where I am, don't pinch my seat :greengrin

lord bunberry
27-07-2014, 10:04 AM
That's where I am, don't pinch my seat :greengrin

Do I have to bring my own prawn sandwiches or do they sell them in there :greengrin

KingFranck
27-07-2014, 10:07 AM
So if the south stand is shut where are United fans going? I realise they probably won't be many of them but have they been allocated any area?

The_Exile
27-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm going to take a cautious guess at having to move 8 times today after someone says "yer in mah seat mate".

Mind you I'm only moving if they're bigger than me :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Do I have to bring my own prawn sandwiches or do they sell them in there :greengrin

It's Steak Tartare today I believe so sorry no prawns.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm going to take a cautious guess at having to move 8 times today after someone says "yer in mah seat mate".

Mind you I'm only moving if they're bigger than me :greengrin

:agree: I can see some folk not understanding the concept of unreserved seating.

tanfield
27-07-2014, 10:27 AM
So, can you just scan your ff lower season ticket at say the east stand or do you have to go to the ticket office and pick up your free tickets???

Pedantic_Hibee
27-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Today might just persuade me to buy a season ticket. The result is largely irrelevant but if there is a pattern of play and a passing approach that's easy on the eye it'll go a long way to reassuring me that a new era beckons at Easter Road.

The_Exile
27-07-2014, 10:39 AM
So, can you just scan your ff lower season ticket at say the east stand or do you have to go to the ticket office and pick up your free tickets???

Scan it at any turnstyle you like and it will let you in.

Keith_M
27-07-2014, 10:41 AM
:agree: I can see some folk not understanding the concept of unreserved seating.

I got a warning after getting frustrated trying to explain the concept to someone already, so I'm a bit nervous about getting involved again, anyway......

It's unreserved seating, so nobody has the right to ask you to move. If they did, you could end up having to change seats every two minutes until you found some that were actually empty.

IMHO, anyone that does ask you to move is being completely inconsiderate and you should just politely tell them you're not shifting.

-- That's me done and I no longer wish to be involved in this discussion as I dont want banned from the site :greengrin

The_Exile
27-07-2014, 10:44 AM
I've gone on to the ticketing site and picked out half a dozen pairs of seats that look as if there's no ST holder attached to them, I know they've not opened the FF and South to save cash but I can see it causing grief in the stands when an unstable radge doesnae get "his seat".

Hibrandenburg
27-07-2014, 10:47 AM
I got a warning after getting frustrated trying to explain the concept to someone already, so I'm a bit nervous about getting involved again, anyway......

It's unreserved seating, so nobody has the right to ask you to move. If they did, you could end up having to change seats every two minutes until you found some that were actually empty.

IMHO, anyone that does ask you to move is being completely inconsiderate and you should just politely tell them you're not shifting.

-- That's me done and I no longer wish to be involved in this discussion as I dont want banned from the site :greengrin

That's just silly! Can you please explain in a more detailed bad tempered way?

:turnevil:

tanfield
27-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Scan it at any turnstyle you like and it will let you in.

Cheers

J-C
27-07-2014, 10:48 AM
I've gone on to the ticketing site and picked out half a dozen pairs of seats that look as if there's no ST holder attached to them, I know they've not opened the FF and South to save cash but I can see it causing grief in the stands when an unstable radge doesnae get "his seat".

Good idea I never thought of that, will do the same as I don't fancy someone giving me grief cause I'm sitting in "their" seat, I'm buying my season ticket next week, so I haven't got a seat number as yet.

GlenrothesHibee
27-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Good benchmark to where we're at today. 2-2. Crowd 3.5k

silverhibee
27-07-2014, 10:58 AM
So if the south stand is shut where are United fans going? I realise they probably won't be many of them but have they been allocated any area?

In the West, a trial run to see how it goes as i can't see the away stand being used much this season.

iwasthere1972
27-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Good benchmark to where we're at today. 2-2. Crowd 3.5k

The result is more important but I wouldn't for one moment think the crowd would be that low. Free to all season ticket holders and only a tenner for PATG adults. Add in the Dundee United supporters however many that will be and i would be surprised if we get lower than 6,000. Realistically I think it will be about 7,000 maybe a tad more.

Hoofball has been shown the exit door along with Butcher and Malpas.

Remember and take your season ticket with you. :aok:

hibeejeebies
27-07-2014, 11:17 AM
In the West, a trial run to see how it goes as i can't see the away stand being used much this season.

Hope this comes to fruition, I know Bournemouth had some success with shifting the away support from behind the goal to reduce their influence on the game.

Keith_M
27-07-2014, 11:20 AM
That's just silly! Can you please explain in a more detailed bad tempered way?

:turnevil:

I did that before and got a warning...

...so no :na na:

dave62
27-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Looking forward to today. If you can't be optimistic before the first home game of the season - and I know it's only a friendly - then when can you be?

Be good to look forward to the new season rather than looking back in anger at the last.

lucky
27-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Hope this comes to fruition, I know Bournemouth had some success with shifting the away support from behind the goal to reduce their influence on the game.

Outside of the Huns & Yams no one else will bring more than a few hundred to ER. Alloa , Livi, Cowdenbeath ,QoS will bring less than a hundred so I doubt they would have much influence on the game

Onceinawhile
27-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Seems utterly odd to be playing dundee united in a friendly. A reminder of how far we've fallen.

clerriehibs
27-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Has Petrie done his tour of BTG ... or has LD taken up the baton?

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Seems utterly odd to be playing dundee united in a friendly. A reminder of how far we've fallen.

Hibs and Dundee utd both had friendlies lined up against Watford apparently. Watford cancelled late on so the teams agreed to play each other

GoldenEagle
27-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Has Petrie done his tour of BTG ... or has LD taken up the baton?

LD was/is in the club shop chatting away.

Not seen RP

hibee_girl
27-07-2014, 01:02 PM
I got my seat so I'm happy :greengrin

Onceinawhile
27-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Hibs and Dundee utd both had friendlies lined up against Watford apparently. Watford cancelled late on so the teams agreed to play each other

I know that, it's just I keep thinking why are we playing a friendly against a team in our league. Then realising we aren't!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Anyone in the West able to get a wee pic of the East stand crowd? Just seen a pic of the west, good turnout even if the FF is closed. :thumbsup:

S4uzee
27-07-2014, 01:13 PM

Good move by Hibs, should've done this years ago

Wilson
27-07-2014, 01:14 PM
LD was/is in the club shop chatting away.

Not seen RP

Was he not looming over Easter Road like a large cloud?

oramhibee
27-07-2014, 01:36 PM

According to Dundee United website they're in the South

hibee_girl
27-07-2014, 01:49 PM
According to Dundee United website they're in the South

They are