PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Scottish Summer Transfers/Contracts (Second Attempt)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mikey
26-07-2014, 07:15 PM
The original transfer speculation thread has gone a bit wonky so we're going to start afresh.

The rules for this thread are...........

Any false or misleading information gets removed.
Any puns get removed.
Any off topic crap gets removed.
Any repeat offenders get removed altogether.

A lot of people rely on this thread for their Hibs transfer news so let's keep it relevant.

sleeping giant
26-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Hibs.net re-sign Mikey :greengrin

BT58
26-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Firstly...Welcome back Mikey !!!
A winger from Boro ( Halliday) sp
Loan
probably gash,,but

Iggy Pope
26-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Firstly...Welcome back Mikey !!!
A winger from Boro ( Halliday) sp
Loan
probably gash,,but

Andrew Halliday might or might not have started out at Livingston? Not sure what he has done since. Much fancied 5 seasons ago or so...

Hibeesmad
26-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Someone who claims to have a credible source told me that Mark Oxley is in Edinburgh and will be in the stands watching the game tomorrow with an expected announcement to be made on Monday about him joining on a season long loan. Presumably he will then be in the team for the East Fife game on Wednesday.

The same source has also said that there may be another 1 or 2 possible incoming players in the stand tomorrow but no names were given. Just passing on what I've been told from someone

bingo70
26-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Someone who claims to have a credible source told me that Mark Oxley is in Edinburgh and will be in the stands watching the game tomorrow with an expected announcement to be made on Monday about him joining on a season long loan. Presumably he will then be in the team for the East Fife game on Wednesday.

The same source has also said that there may be another 1 or 2 possible incoming players in the stand tomorrow but no names were given. Just passing on what I've been told from someone

If he's in Edinburgh he'll surely play tomorrow?

Iggy Pope
26-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Only if him and his club have agreed to the deal?

Hibeesmad
26-07-2014, 07:42 PM

I just assume he is up here settling in and having a look around the place and to experience the stadium etc tomorrow. I just got told he's expected to be announced Monday or possibly even late tomorrow

Aldo
26-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Firstly...Welcome back Mikey !!! A winger from Boro ( Halliday) sp Loan probably gash,,but

Halliday is a winger and got a move to Boro following some very good performances.

If he could recapture his form I think he would do well........ That's if the rumour is true??

PS Welcome back Mikey!!

Speedway
26-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Clarkson was in talks last week with the outcome unknown.

sleeping giant
26-07-2014, 07:52 PM

I assume if he was in for talks then Stubbs must want him.
I would also therefore assume that an offer had been made and we are awaiting a decision.
Hope we have given him a deadline to decide.

sleeping giant
26-07-2014, 07:54 PM
What's happening with this Hope guy too ?
All gone quiet in that front.

BT58
26-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Halliday is a winger and got a move to Boro following some very good performances.

If he could recapture his form I think he would do well........ That's if the rumour is true??

PS Welcome back Mikey!!
got call from friend,,but per usual could be totally crap,,i keep moaning about us (hibs) lacking in PACE....per usual its a wait and see
can anyone confirm that Lukaku has signed for Everton,,that may speed up our Hope loan

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-07-2014, 08:00 PM

David Clarkson? We could do better, in my opinion

Aldo
26-07-2014, 08:00 PM
got call from friend,,but per usual could be totally crap,,i keep moaning about us (hibs) lacking in PACE....per usual its a wait and see can anyone confirm that Lukaku has signed for Everton,,that may speed up our Hope loan

At the moment you never know..... Just look at the Allan signing. Not a peep from the club then he's signed. Never say never. If the toffees sign Lakaku that might speed up Hope deal.... That's if we are in for him??

bingo70
26-07-2014, 08:01 PM
What's happening with this Hope guy too ?
All gone quiet in that front.

He's on the Everton pre season tour in Thailand I think it is.

He won't be joining us imo

Aldo
26-07-2014, 08:01 PM
David Clarkson? We could do better, in my opinion

Yip.... McFadden

brog
26-07-2014, 08:03 PM
At the moment you never know..... Just look at the Allan signing. Not a peep from the club then he's signed. Never say never. If the toffees sign Lakaku that might speed up Hope deal.... That's if we are in for him??

AS has confirmed he's talking to Everton re loan signings. Everton are currently in Thailand & Hope is with them so unlikely anything is imminent. Lukaku has not yet signed.

Aldo
26-07-2014, 08:06 PM
AS has confirmed he's talking to Everton re loan signings. Everton are currently in Thailand & Hope is with them so unlikely anything is imminent. Lukaku has not yet signed.

Cheers Brog. Looks like we will just have to wait and see then.

LancsHibs
26-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Everton u21s played at Rhyl today, wonder if Stubbs or anyone from Hibs were at the game? Been trying to find the team to see if Hope or any of the others who have been mentioned were playing

bingo70
26-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Everton u21s played at Rhyl today, wonder if Stubbs or anyone from Hibs were at the game? Been trying to find the team to see if Hope or any of the others who have been mentioned were playing

Anybody we get on loan from Everton will be from that team. No chance we'll get anybody that's currently away with the first team.

Hibeesmad
26-07-2014, 08:24 PM

“@Everton: Everton XI v Rhyl: Griffiths, Kenny, McLaughlin, Langton, Pennington, Green, Dowell, Williams, Walsh, Grant, C.Duffus”

“@Everton: Everton subs: Burgess, Jones, Ledson, Charsley, Dyson, Byrne”

Hope is in Thailand with the first team.

Hibeesmad
26-07-2014, 08:29 PM
The youngsters gone to Thailand with the first team are Luke Garbutt, Chris Long, Hallam Hope, Tyias Browning, Conor McAleny, Matthew Kennedy and John Lundstram.

patch1875
26-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Was duffus not with us last season.

JimBHibees
26-07-2014, 08:46 PM
He's on the Everton pre season tour in Thailand I think it is.

He won't be joining us yet imo

That could still happen IMO depends on what Everton do.

bingo70
26-07-2014, 08:50 PM
That could still happen IMO depends on what Everton do.

If there's any chance of him getting near the first team they'll want him to go on loan to a higher level than we're at.

Imo we will get someone from them that's at the stage of development behind where hope currently is.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Surely we can do better than Clarkson? He's gash these days.

heretoday
26-07-2014, 09:04 PM
The youngsters gone to Thailand with the first team are Luke Garbutt, Chris Long, Hallam Hope, Tyias Browning, Conor McAleny, Matthew Kennedy and John Lundstram.

Is Shane Duffy on the tour? Very useful player and an international. Keeps getting loaned out.

Definitely a future captain type for someone.

portycabbage
26-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Anybody we get on loan from Everton will be from that team. No chance we'll get anybody that's currently away with the first team.

Looks like their first team are back this week (as they're playing Porto at Goodison next weekend), maybe Everton will still loan out one or two of those once they get others in?

The_Horde
26-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Halliday is a CB is he not?

Aldo
26-07-2014, 09:36 PM
;4108114"]Halliday is a CB is he not?

Nope left mid/winger B.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 09:54 PM
;4108114']Halliday is a CB is he not?

We getting him?

Eyrie
26-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Nope left mid/winger B.
Good news because we need another winger to take the pressure off Harris. We struggled when he was out injured, and he struggled (admittedly in a poor team) when he was eventually available.

The_Horde
27-07-2014, 12:54 AM
We getting him?

No idea pal. I just thought he was a CB.

Maybe he done a mcpake and moved positions or he filled in there for middlesboro.

Rossco1875
27-07-2014, 01:29 AM
If we got Hallam hope I would be delighted, can't see it happening though.

SMAXXA
27-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Only interested in another striker and a defender left side. Dont expect whole sales changes before now and the start of the season there's been allot of clean slates and some very well needed.

TheFamous1875
27-07-2014, 03:23 AM
I think we ideally need a CB, a DM, a striker and a winger, but in an unideal world I would gladly suffer a CB and a winger :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MacGruber
27-07-2014, 06:07 AM
I think we ideally need a CB, a DM, a striker and a winger, but in an unideal world I would gladly suffer a CB and a winger :wink:

............... and a goalkeeper :pray:

Brooster
27-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Andy Halliday was on loan at Barry Fergusons Blackpool last season. I actually bumped into him outside the ground, he stopped me to ask where the hospital was. When he realised I was Scottish he chatted for five mins. He came across well and was keen to do well. He supports sevco and had been at Easter Road the previous week for the Ramsdens final. He seemed to have a lot of time for Hibs.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-07-2014, 08:33 AM
When does the windows close

Leitherhibs
27-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Is Shane Duffy on the tour? Very useful player and an international. Keeps getting loaned out.

Definitely a future captain type for someone.

He is yeah, very decent prospect. Been a stand out everywhere hes been on loan, hes playing at english championship level. Would be a surprise if we got him.

Tyler Durden
27-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Only interested in another striker and a defender left side. Dont expect whole sales changes before now and the start of the season there's been allot of clean slates and some very well needed.

I would be relatively happy with that if we can find 2 players of quality for those positions.

I think Halliday was used as a left back at Boro after he settled in there. Personally I think having 2 quality full backs will make Hanlon and Forster look muh better - if Nelson can't be moved on then there's no point buying another CB in my opinion. Hopefully this Halliday rumour has some legs

Ronniekirk
27-07-2014, 09:03 AM
End of August so at our recent rate of one signing a week we could still bring in another five players .

hfc rd
27-07-2014, 09:05 AM

Sep 1st is deadline day.

Iceman1875
27-07-2014, 09:07 AM

Plus a goalkeeper I presume?

At Easter Road we play...

Keith_M
27-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Sep 1st is deadline day.

For some reason I can't fathom, it closes at 23:00 on September 1st.

J-C
27-07-2014, 09:14 AM

August 31st is a sunday and the window never closes on a sunday due to paperwork etc, hence the extra day.

GreenOnions
27-07-2014, 09:16 AM

Midnight central european time?

Keith_M
27-07-2014, 09:16 AM
August 31st is a sunday and the window never closes on a sunday due to paperwork etc, hence the extra day.

It was more the time that I was confused about.

Why 23:00 and not 24:00? No big deal, just seemed a bit strange.

.Sean.
27-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Andy Halliday was on loan at Barry Fergusons Blackpool last season. I actually bumped into him outside the ground, he stopped me to ask where the hospital was. When he realised I was Scottish he chatted for five mins. He came across well and was keen to do well. He supports sevco and had been at Easter Road the previous week for the Ramsdens final. He seemed to have a lot of time for Hibs.
Aye that's all very well but is he signing or no?! :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-07-2014, 09:52 AM
If there's any chance of him getting near the first team they'll want him to go on loan to a higher level than we're at.

Imo we will get someone from them that's at the stage of development behind where hope currently is.

Maybe, maybe not. They will also want to send him to somewhere they will trust the coaches. The fact he would also play in big games will help also.

sleeping giant
27-07-2014, 09:52 AM
It was more the time that I was confused about.

Why 23:00 and not 24:00? No big deal, just seemed a bit strange.
Can't close at 24:00 as there is no such time :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Please let the Halliday rumours be true, please!

andrew70
27-07-2014, 08:10 PM

Left sided defender? Presumably as back up for Hanlon or does this suggest he's on the look out for a more competent and consistent left back? Stevenson isn't a full back IMO yet notably he's been starting ahead of Booth. Who I thought would have been starting but Lewis hasn't done much wrong in pre-season

FWIW I think we need a goalkeeper, a right back, a centre half, A defensive mid, a winger and a striker. Otherwise I worry that a couple of injuries could de rail any potential challenge for promotion.

Unseen work
27-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Why was Halliday randomly mentioned? A wee hint?

Be shocked if we got him, but I was shocked about Allan as thought he could do alot better. And Halliday and Allan used to be flat mates

andrew70
27-07-2014, 09:18 PM
They're good mates too according to Twitter :greengrin

Possibly the same agents as well? Stubbs may well have been alerted to the availability of both via the same channels.

I think the rumour started on a football rumours website though so I'd imagine it's unlikely

Leitherhibs
27-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Possibly the same agents as well? Stubbs may well have been alerted to the availability of both via the same channels.

I think the rumour started on a football rumours website though so I'd imagine it's unlikely

Think hes been playing for boro on there pre season tour as well.

Amit
27-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Oxley has signed and should be announced tomorrow according to Grant Stott. No details but assume a year long loan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
27-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Oxley has signed and should be announced tomorrow according to Grant Stott. No details but assume a year long loan.

Someone I know got info from a source saying the same thing yesterday, he said Oxley was in Edinburgh last night but I never knew whether he was going to play today

PatHead
27-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Someone I know got info from a source saying the same thing yesterday, he said Oxley was in Edinburgh last night but I never knew whether he was going to play today

I heard it was a case of dotting I s and crossing T s definitely our goalie for next season

SMAXXA
28-07-2014, 01:07 AM

I heard it was a case of dotting I s and crossing T s definitely our goalie for next season

Was all agreed prior to today's game a year long loan deal I believe. Will be announced tomorrow. I believe the ginger lad has also been offered something not sure of the details though.

SMAXXA
28-07-2014, 01:11 AM

Not so sure this is correct speedy, I know he has interest from a few premiership teams but as of last week we havnt indicated or shown an interest.

Speedway
28-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Not so sure this is correct speedy, I know he has interest from a few premiership teams but as of last week we havnt indicated or shown an interest.

He was speaking to Stubbs last week.

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2014, 08:48 AM
@STVRaman: #Celtic striker Tony Watt is in Belgium finalising a move to Standard Liege. Celtic agreed a fee of just over 1 million to sell the striker.

TRC
28-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Could see some movement.
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28473169

brog
28-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Could see some movement.
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28473169

They have another player to be signed in next couple of days, not a striker, & they still expect to get Lukaku.

bingo70
29-07-2014, 06:17 AM
Was Browning in Thailand with the first team?

IanM
29-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Right back, seems to have good pedigree..

YehButNoBut
29-07-2014, 06:26 AM

Looks like he was, this was their line up for the recent game against Leicester

Robles; Hibbert, Distin, Duffy, Garbutt; McCarthy, Barry; McGeady, Osman, Pienaar; Naismith.
Subs: Stones, Alcaraz, Gibson, McAleny, Long, Browning, Kennedy, Hope, Lundstram, Stanek

EvertonFC
29-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Rumour from Facebook

BREAKING RUMOUR:
Talented defender Tyias Browning is expected to join Hibernian on a season long loan deal. The 20 year old is known for his speed and tough tackling. Browning turned out more than any other player for Alan Stubbs’ Under 21s in 2012/13, making 28 appearances over the course of the season. He remained an Under-21 regular in 2013/14 and made the senior bench on several occasions as well as making his professional debut during a short loan spell at Wigan.

At the end of the campaign Browning made his England Under-21 debut at the Toulon Tournament.

Very unlikely.

Martinez raves about him. If he goes on loan this season it will be to a Championship club.

Fat Penlon
29-07-2014, 07:52 AM
@snsgroup: Another busy day at the SNS HQ with #Athletics, #MountainBiking, #Boxing and more as well as activity with @celticfc and @HibernianFCClub!

New signing?

brog
29-07-2014, 09:45 AM

Yes, again doesn't mean he's not coming but definitely means he wasn't one of the 3 supposedly here yesterday. I'm surprised we haven't heard more re that, what happened to our FB friend hiding in the bushes at EM?

California-Hibs
29-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Yes, again doesn't mean he's not coming but definitely means he wasn't one of the 3 supposedly here yesterday. I'm surprised we haven't heard more re that, what happened to our FB friend hiding in the bushes at EM?

This is what I wanna know!

Brightside
29-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Everton flew back on Sunday night.

Nutmegged
29-07-2014, 10:26 AM

They arrived back in Liverpool about 1pm yesterday, I think Shane Duffy sent out a tweet saying just landed or something like that, might not have been him

Brightside
29-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Yep that would make sense...i dont think there was three Everton players at EM yesterday.

Nutmegged
29-07-2014, 10:47 AM
No chance of it underscore IMO - likely chance of some.coming today/tomorrow but I think yeaterday would have been asking too much.

Patience is a virtue ehh :greengrin

brog
29-07-2014, 11:35 AM

Agreed, they left Thailand Sunday night therefore any player over there could not have been in Edinburgh yesterday morning. That doesn't mean Everton players weren't in Scotland, just not Hope, Kennedy or Browning as they were on trip.

Iceman1875
29-07-2014, 11:52 AM
To be fair you need to applaud how well Hibs keep their signings underwraps until it's officially announced! 😉

Hibeesmad
29-07-2014, 01:52 PM
To be fair you need to applaud how well Hibs keep their signings underwraps until it's officially announced! 😉

Definitely, not one person mentioned Scott Allan until the day he was signed due to the Daily Record breaking the story

Del Boy
29-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Andy Robertson Dundee Utd to Hull for £2.85m.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2014, 10:26 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-relegation-not-putting-off-new-signings-1-3491779

Unseen work
29-07-2014, 10:56 PM
wouldnt be suprised for a couple more impressive signings that we wouldnt of thought we would stand a chance getting, think we will sign the newcastle lad too

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-07-2014, 10:23 AM
A Celtic supporter I have on Twitter seems to think we're getting Dylan McGeouch on loan.

Aldo
30-07-2014, 10:44 AM
wouldnt be suprised for a couple more impressive signings that we wouldnt of thought we would stand a chance getting, think we will sign the newcastle lad too

Hopefully someone with a wee but quality in final 3rd to add to what we already have.

Has one heard any snippets??

GreenPJ
30-07-2014, 10:46 AM

Newcastle lad?

Aldo
30-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Newcastle lad?

Richardson.... Ginger haired lad.

PatHead
30-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Richardson.... Ginger haired lad.

Did he come on as sub on Sunday and what is his full name? (want to google him and see if he has his own website to make sure he is Hibs class)

Aldo
30-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Did he come on as sub on Sunday and what is his full name? (want to google him and see if he has his own website to make sure he is Hibs class)

I believe he did and his name is Michael Richardson

Thecat23
30-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Micheal Richardson mate. 22 yr old midfielder plays with Newcastle. He came on last 10 mins on Sunday.

Paloschi
30-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Anyone heard anything else recently?

It's all gone very quiet and judging by Stubbs interview yesterday it's looking like he will only add to the squad if someone exciting becomes available.

Do we assume, therefore that:

1. McFadden has turned us down
2. Other players, may or may not have turned us down
3. We are skint
4. Stubbs is happy with the squad as is

I feel we need 3 more at least.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Hopefully Richardson starts tonight, see what he's all about.

Paloschi
30-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Since when were we talking to McFadden? so much so that you assume he turned us down? Not having a go as all i saw was pure speculation regarding him? :confused:
That interview seems like Stubbs is still playing his cards close to his chest. Seems fairly happy with what he has signed so far but seems to be also saying there's nothing else imminent....but as already done that means nothing as we never knew about a couple of them at all until it was a sone deal so.....

It was widely rumoured on here and in other places that Hibs were talking to McFadden.

IIRC an ITK poster said we spoke to him the weekend before last and this was backed up.

KeithTheHibby
30-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Not convinced we need another midfielder, we are looking top heavy in that area. Unless of course it's an attacking midfielder called McFadden :wink:

erin go bragh
30-07-2014, 12:35 PM
A Celtic supporter I have on Twitter seems to think we're getting Dylan McGeouch on loan.

One of my mates who watches all the Celtic under 21 games has been raving about DM .

Ggtth

PrettyGreen
30-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Everton get things moving, lukaku signs 5 year deal! Could see a bit of movement our way!

Thecat23
30-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Everton get things moving, lukaku signs 5 year deal! Could see a bit of movement our way!

Fully expect Hallam Hope to now arrive at ER. Guy from Everton who I spoke to last week was saying Hope should be heading up soon as they tie up another striker. That's it done now so fingers crossed.

J-C
30-07-2014, 01:22 PM

Is there a link as I can't find one anywhere?

Nutmegged
30-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Lakaku tweeted a photo of himself on a plane saying a new chapter, is he definitely Everton bound?

California-Hibs
30-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Fully expect Hallam Hope to now arrive at ER. Guy from Everton who I spoke to last week was saying Hope should be heading up soon as they tie up another striker. That's it done now so fingers crossed.

Hopefully this comes to pass. The boy must have something about him if he was with the Everton 1st team doing a pre season and them only wanting to let him go once a fully established player was signed.

Here's hoping he signs, could be great for us!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Hope linked with Oldham on Footy Rumours site (I know, I know before anyone starts).

brog
30-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Lukaku finally confirmed, £28m!! 5 year deal though.

brog
31-07-2014, 08:54 AM
AS confirming in DR today that he's talking to Martinez re 2 loans. Bad news is he says that may be us done if he gets them. We'll see.

Del Boy
31-07-2014, 11:12 AM
From what I've read on here the vast majority think Allan is a very good signing.

Hibs7
31-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Was at the training session today and no Richardson ... So take it he is gone !!

Ozyhibby
31-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Anyone know what type of player he is? Pacey?

EvertonFC
31-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Anyone know what type of player he is? Pacey?

He's big, strong, pacey, hard working, intelligent off the ball and a good finisher.

On the negative side he can be quite greedy, is prone to throwing the toys out the pram when things aren't going well, plays with his head down and can be utterly unaware of his team mates at times and as a result his decision making is poor. All the negatives can be either coached out of him or will hopefully go as he matures. Been threatening to make a breakthrough for a while but just hasn't happened yet.

bingo70
31-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Stubbs saying that any Everton youngster coming in will only be for 6 months.

Greenblood70
31-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I guess we'll find out soon enough. Be encouraged to see us bring in some of the Everton lads. They'd know Stubbs and what he's about and could slot right in. Hopefully one of them is the promising centre back as I don't share your faith in Nelson I'm afraid.

Any truth in the rumours about a new bid for Cummings, boy in the office mentioned it to me today.

Brightside
31-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I guess we'll find out soon enough. Be encouraged to see us bring in some of the Everton lads. They'd know Stubbs and what he's about and could slot right in. Hopefully one of them is the promising centre back as I don't share your faith in Nelson I'm afraid.

Any truth in the rumours about a new bid for Cummings, boy in the office mentioned it to me today.

He's signed a new deal - won't be going anywhere for a couple of years.

Lee
01-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Back on the signings Scottish Summer transfer front....Rotherham United in talks with St Johnstone over Stevie May apparently, according to STV. £1.2m the fee being quoted elsewhere

Lago
01-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Think you might be off the mark here Lago, think Hibs are banking on making a promotion position by the next transfere window, if it works out then they will spend on quality for the final push IMHO 
I really hope your right.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-08-2014, 06:39 PM
It would be good if we got the following on loan from the toffees: Hallam Hope, Tyias Browning, Matthew Kennedy, Conor Grant and Matthew Pennington.

I'd love us to get Shane Duffy aswell, put that may be pushing it :greengrin

Mr White
01-08-2014, 06:44 PM
It would be good if we got the following on loan from the toffees: Hallam Hope, Tyias Browning, Matthew Kennedy, Conor Grant and Matthew Pennington.

Aye best keep it realistic mate :greengrin

Lee
01-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Consider the source before you believe any of that.

Back on topic, do we have any confirmed names for the Everton loan signings or are we still speculating about Hope and a winger?

Still speculation, unless anyone ITK knows otherwise - Matthew Pennigton (Defender), Matthew Kennedy (Winger), Ty Browning (Defender) and Hope are the names I've heard banded about.

A couple of Everton supporters I work with have waxed lyrical about Browning in particular when I spoke to them about it this week - pacy, strong and can play full back as well as CH

Lee
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM

Chris Long would be a decent shout too if we didn't get Hope, and Luke Garbutt (can play CH and DM as well as LB) but I reckon Garbutt will end up playing a few games for Everton this season, had a lot of game time so far pre season and looked the part, even with Baines and Oviedo ahead of him

SteveHFC
01-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Stevie May to Rotherham

Steven Anderson is apparently signing for Hearts

Hibeesmad
01-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Stevie May to Rotherham

Steven Anderson is apparently signing for Hearts

Steven Anderson from St Johnstone? He signed a new 2 year deal with them after winning the Scottish cup 3 months ago

SteveHFC
01-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Steven Anderson from St Johnstone? He signed a new 2 year deal with them after winning the Scottish cup 3 months ago

Someone said on Kickback. Mostly likely is bull**** :greengrin

Hibeesmad
02-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Someone said on Kickback. Mostly likely is bull**** :greengrin

St Johnstone are playing Hearts on Sunday as it's Steven Andersons testimonial match. Perhaps it's hearts because that's who he supports as he's from edinburgh, I'm not sure but I think a testimonial game is all there is to it

Speedway
04-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Transfers page on the 2nd page of main during the summer?

Heavens to Betsy!

According to that Facebook page this morning, 7 Everton youngsters have been given permission to speak to Stubbs. Hope is not amongst those named. Duffy is.

Ronniekirk
04-08-2014, 08:29 AM

Heavens to Betsy!

According to that Facebook page this morning, 7 Everton youngsters have been given permission to speak to Stubbs. Hope is not amongst those named. Duffy is.
Stubbs has made it clear he will bring in two or three loans Oxley is already here so that Facebook page is just scattering names in hope one or two of them will sign .anyone could do that .
More interesting is the omission of Hope s name ,is that coz The Cat has called it right and that's already a done deal or as he is still appearing off the bench for Everton are folk assuming that one isn't going to happen just now and may be a deadline day transfer unless Everton are keeping him in first team squad.

brog
04-08-2014, 09:26 AM
St Johnstone are playing Hearts on Sunday as it's Steven Andersons testimonial match. Perhaps it's hearts because that's who he supports as he's from edinburgh, I'm not sure but I think a testimonial game is all there is to it

Steven grew up as a Hibs fan!

DC_Hibs
04-08-2014, 10:21 AM
6 weeks in the job and 5 days before the first game worth a and we still don't know if Stubbs has any chance of getting an everton youngster or two.

Another hugely successful preseason from Hibernian.

"Quality" some may say!

EvertonFC
04-08-2014, 10:45 AM

Heavens to Betsy!

No chance of Duffy or Tyias Browning. Both will be involved with the first team this season.

Matthew Pennington and Ben McLaughlin are both centre half / right backs who will probably be going on loan, but I can't see any of our other defenders going out.

silverhibee
04-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Would rather we developed our own youngsters and gave them some game time than bringing a bunch of young lads from Everton for the season ahead who will just be in the same position as our young lads, no game time and never trained with the first team, lets go with our own young promising players at Hibs.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Would rather we developed our own youngsters and gave them some game time than bringing a bunch of young lads from Everton for the season ahead who will just be in the same position as our young lads, no game time and never trained with the first team, lets go with our own young promising players at Hibs.

Im not a huge fan of loan signings, but I think we are still quite short in genuine quality, so if these guys are an improvement on what we have, I suppose it could be positive for the club. Its not a very long term approach though, and I agree that I would rather we were bringing through more of our own young players supplemented with a better class of older player, than filling the squad with even more youngsters.

Sylar
04-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Can't be stuffed trawling through all the pages of this to see if it's been mentioned but apparently, Coll Donaldson is rumoured to be a loan target for us.

He was a promising youngster at Livingston who signed for Queens Park Rangers in the January window and has since made just 1 appearance.

Not sure how accurate said rumour is - t'was a friend who's a sport journalist and a Livingston fan who mentioned it to me but he wasn't sure how accurate it was either.

Jpdhfc
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Can't be stuffed trawling through all the pages of this to see if it's been mentioned but apparently, Coll Donaldson is rumoured to be a loan target for us.

He was a promising youngster at Livingston who signed for Queens Park Rangers in the January window and has since made just 1 appearance.

Not sure how accurate said rumour is - t'was a friend who's a sport journalist and a Livingston fan who mentioned it to me but he wasn't sure how accurate it was either.

What I've seen of him no thanks never good enough

Stevie Reid
04-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Was given a trial and Man Utd before he went to QPR, so he must have something.

Mark79
04-08-2014, 01:50 PM

Colin murdock and danny galbraith should be enough to tell you being at man utd dont make you great at football.

Dunbar Hibee
04-08-2014, 01:57 PM

I work with his best mate so will try and find out tomorrow if there is any truth in it!

Stevie Reid
04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Colin murdock and danny galbraith should be enough to tell you being at man utd dont make you great at football.

I knew it wouldn't be long before they were brought up - there was obviously something about them at that age as well. Plus Donaldson was invited down for a trial aged nearly 18, whulst Galbraith was 15 and Murdock came through their ranks, so a bit different. I could equally mention the likes of Chris Smalling as an argument in favour.

The boy was scouted by Man Utd and signed for QPR last year, who were building to be an EPL side again - there must be talent there, though there are no guarantees that he will progress, obviously.

Stevie Reid
04-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I work with his best mate so will try and find out tomorrow if there is any truth in it!

:aok:

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2014, 02:47 PM
@Kenny_Crawford: Former Motherwell striker Michael Higdon has signed for Sheffield United on a two-year-deal from Dutch side NEC Nijmegen. Undisclosed fee.

Jpdhfc
04-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long before they were brought up - there was obviously something about them at that age as well. Plus Donaldson was invited down for a trial aged nearly 18, whulst Galbraith was 15 and Murdock came through their ranks, so a bit different. I could equally mention the likes of Chris Smalling as an argument in favour.

The boy was scouted by Man Utd and signed for QPR last year, who were building to be an EPL side again - there must be talent there, though there are no guarantees that he will progress, obviously.

Hibs and hearts also looked at him before he singed for livi
Personally I think Bradley Donaldson no relation is a better player same age who we just released and livi snapped him up
Just my opinion off course

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Hibs and hearts also looked at him before he singed for livi
Personally I think Bradley Donaldson no relation is a better player same age who we just released and livi snapped him up
Just my opinion off course

I also dont see the benefit to us taking a 19 year old CB on loan. He may well be a talented player (I honestly dont know), but he only played a handful of games for Livi before moving, and it was a nominal fee for a club like QPR - if it doesnt work out, its nothing to them. Apart from Nelson, all of our CBs are quite young (even Hanlon is only 24), we should be looking at giving them game time and developing them.

bandylegs_jLeighton
04-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Steven Anderson supported Celtic and grew up in Dalkeith.

brog
04-08-2014, 04:32 PM

That's not what he said in an interview before the Cup Final. He said he grew up as a Hibs fan, most of his mates supported Hibs & a bus load of Hibs fans were leaving from Dalkeith to support him in the final. He did seem to hint he wasn't necessarily a Hibs fan now but the above is pretty much what he said.

bandylegs_jLeighton
04-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Well I was pretty good pals with him when I was younger and he was a Celtic fan growing up so he is talking baws!

Hermit Crab
04-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Ok, what have you seen of him?

SMAXXA
05-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Well I was pretty good pals with him when I was younger and he was a Celtic fan growing up so he is talking baws!

No hes no

Hermit Crab
05-08-2014, 12:34 AM

That's not what he said in an interview before the Cup Final. He said he grew up as a Hibs fan, most of his mates supported Hibs & a bus load of Hibs fans were leaving from Dalkeith to support him in the final. He did seem to hint he wasn't necessarily a Hibs fan now but the above is pretty much what he said.

No hes no

Does does it really matter who he supports/supported lads??

Back on topic please. :greengrin

SMAXXA
05-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Does does it really matter who he supports/supported lads??

Back on topic please. :greengrin

Sorry wrong thread I though was a he supported romour thread :greengrin

Last Minute
05-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Bradford city sign keeper Ben Williams

BigKev
05-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Bradford city sign keeper Ben Williams

On non-contract terms - does anyone know what this means? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 11:38 AM
On non-contract terms - does anyone know what this means? :greengrin

I imagine it's just like a normal employee and either side can give 4 weeks notice.

3pm
05-08-2014, 11:46 AM
I imagine it's just like a normal employee and either side can give 4 weeks notice.

4 seconds notice might be closer to the mark if he has no contract. :wink:

Iceman1875
05-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Ben Williams has signed for Bradford

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/st-johnstone/285137-tommy-wright-surprised-by-lack-of-bids-for-star-striker-stevie-may/

St. Johnstone clearly desperate to sell and nobody coming in with a bid.
This to me would have been a clear signal of intent. "Quality not quantity" if you like.
A sign that we were putting the team first.
But it's not the Hibs way under Petrie.

Sylar
05-08-2014, 12:58 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/st-johnstone/285137-tommy-wright-surprised-by-lack-of-bids-for-star-striker-stevie-may/

This to me would have been a clear signal of intent. "Quality not quantity" if you like.

£800k price tag and you have a genuine notion that we could be tabling a bid?

He's a quality player, no doubt but we could sign 2 or 3 quality players for that kind of money.

Diclonius
05-08-2014, 12:58 PM

:top marks

800k is nothing if it brings us promotion and a few morale-boosting wins against Hearts and Rangers. May IMO would make the difference.

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
£800k price tag and you have a genuine notion that we could be tabling a bid?

He's a quality player, no doubt but we could sign 2 or 3 quality players for that kind of money.

They won't be getting £800k and very little of what they do get will be up front. This would have been an achievable deal for an ambitious club.

PatHead
05-08-2014, 01:26 PM

Give it rest eh! Petrie is not in charge now

AngusHibby
05-08-2014, 01:27 PM
They won't be getting £800k and very little of what they do get will be up front. This would have been an achievable deal for an ambitious club.
an ambitious club with money

JimBHibees
05-08-2014, 01:29 PM

Needless pop at Hibs, like May would want to come to Hibs.

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Needless pop at Hibs, like May would want to come to Hibs.

I'm having a needless pop at Hibs?
Your comparing us unfavourably with Rotherham and St. Johnstone.

Gordy M
05-08-2014, 01:38 PM

You have now stated that hibs could afford this deal, based on what can i ask?? Can we afford him? his wages? Transfer fee? Does he want to come here? if we had that kinda money would you spend it on Stevie May?? How do you know Hibs havent enquired.........you dont.

IMO Another dig at the club based on completely non information and/or completely unrealistic expectations.

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Give it rest eh! Petrie is not in charge now

He's the Chairman of the club. You can't get much more in charge than that.

brog
05-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Jeez, you're relentless, I'll give you that! Firstly, why would SM want to drop down a division at this stage in his career? He's already spent several seasons in lower Scottish leagues. He will also be expecting a decent signing on fee & an absolute minimum of £5k a week. The final bill will be way in excess of £800k. Secondly, if you added up all the transfer fees paid by Scottish clubs (excluding the uglies) in the last 2 seasons I very much doubt they would reach £800,000 in total. There's quality & there's stupidity.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2014, 01:43 PM
He's the Chairman of the club. You can't get much more in charge than that.

Being Chair (non-exec at that) does not signify being in charge. He is one of a Board of Directors, each of whom have one vote.

Brightside
05-08-2014, 01:49 PM
We have no money to be buying Stevie May.

BSEJVT
05-08-2014, 03:24 PM
We have no money to be buying Stevie May.

Don't think a simple fact like that will be sufficient to dissuade many posters on this board who think that money grows on trees.

I wonder if these people exhibit the same logic with their household bills?

If they do I wonder if the reality that one day it will have to be back has reached them?

DC_Hibs
05-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Come to Hibs Stevie. Look at the other quality signings we have added to last seasons stalwarts for our challenge for SPFL2 glory.

Cannae fail.

Arf arf

SMAXXA
05-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Jeez, you're relentless, I'll give you that! Firstly, why would SM want to drop down a division at this stage in his career? He's already spent several seasons in lower Scottish leagues. He will also be expecting a decent signing on fee & an absolute minimum of £5k a week. The final bill will be way in excess of £800k. Secondly, if you added up all the transfer fees paid by Scottish clubs (excluding the uglies) in the last 2 seasons I very much doubt they would reach £800,000 in total. There's quality & there's stupidity.

:agree: Relentless and getting somewhat tiresome IMO.

recently I can't think of a post that's been even close to being positive from him.

incidentally it shows the ignorance of some people that see a price tag or bid that they automatically think that's all there is to it and why are we not doing it. As has been correctly pointed out your forgetting a couple of key things, does he want to come to the championship in Scotland and can we afford his wages? Both would be no regardless of what Petrie could pull out his erchie

bigboab
05-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Great for a laugh this thread, people are bonkers if they think we have that kind of cash to spend on 1 player, whole team maybe but stevie May won't be one of them, dream on.

SaulGoodman
05-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Come to Hibs Stevie. Look at the other quality signings we have added to last seasons stalwarts for our challenge for SPFL2 glory.

Cannae fail.

Arf arf

Come to Hibs, Stevie.

Some of our fans are relentless fuds stuck on repeat.

Arf arf.

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Fair enough chaps. I think I was just getting ahead of myself.
The minute South Yorkshire powerhouse Rotherham became involved I should have known we had no chance.
They must sell out that 12,000 capacity stadium of theirs every week.

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 04:45 PM
:agree: Relentless and getting somewhat tiresome IMO.

recently I can't think of a post that's been even close to being positive from him.

incidentally it shows the ignorance of some people that see a price tag or bid that they automatically think that's all there is to it and why are we not doing it. As has been correctly pointed out your forgetting a couple of key things, does he want to come to the championship in Scotland and can we afford his wages? Both would be no regardless of what Petrie could pull out his erchie

Pardon me for putting up an actual transfer story (instead of the made up rumours indulged in by some) and indicating that I would have liked Hibs to have gone for him seen as a smaller club than us were about to sign him.

Stevie Reid
05-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Fair enough chaps. I think I was just getting ahead of myself.
The minute South Yorkshire powerhouse Rotherham became involved I should have known we had no chance.
They must sell out that 12,000 capacity stadium of theirs every week.

Rotherham play in the 5th richest league in the world, where the wages to revenue ratio was 106% last season, and the combined operating losses of the 24 teams was £241M - so you can imagine how high the wages are.

Ignoring the fact that we don't have £800K to spend on a player, and that said player wouldn't come to us in a million years, Rotherham would pay around ten times what we could offer - probably more.

You have chosen a very strange angle to have a go at Hibs on this one.

SMAXXA
05-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Pardon me for putting up an actual transfer story (instead of the made up rumours indulged in by some) and indicating that I would have liked Hibs to have gone for him seen as a smaller club than us were about to sign him.

If only it was just that maybe people would say fair enough, so what's Petrie got to do with it?

Ozyhibby
05-08-2014, 05:08 PM
If only it was just that maybe people would say fair enough, so what's Petrie got to do with it?

He's the chairman of the club, the main man, the head honcho etc, etc.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2014, 05:09 PM
He's the chairman of the club, the main man, the head honcho etc, etc.

Again, he isn't.

Mikey
05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Can we get this back on track rather than playing Petrie Ping Pong. There are other threads you can all disagree on :greengrin

Time For Heroes
05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Can we get this back on track rather than playing Petrie Ping Pong. There are other threads you can all disagree on :greengrin

Time for a 3rd attempt Mikey?
:greengrin
;)

1987kev
05-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Signs for Bradford on a non contract.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Signs for Bradford on a non contract.

On a non contract... Playing for free?

HibbyAndy
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Good luck Ben :aok:

Was absolute desperate for you to save a penalty in the play off game at Easter rd but wasn't to be. Quite ironic cause you were the penalty saving king...Good luck bud.

Gordy M
05-08-2014, 10:14 PM
On bbc after the game Stubbs said he hoped to bring in another couple of players but wouldnt just sign anyone to make up the numbers(im paraphrasing). He did go on to say that if he couldnt get anyone to improve the team he was happy with the current squad.

Brightside
05-08-2014, 10:19 PM
On bbc after the game Stubbs said he hoped to bring in another couple of players but wouldnt just sign anyone to make up the numbers(im paraphrasing). He did go on to say that if he couldnt get anyone to improve the team he was happy with the current squad.

and he's right. Im not wanting players signed unless they are the right players. id love a couple of more direct attacking players but if he can't get them we wait.

Gordy M
05-08-2014, 10:23 PM
and he's right. Im not wanting players signed unless they are the right players. id love a couple of more direct attacking players but if he can't get them we wait.
Yeh totally agree mate. Ive said before that we have better players than we showed last season and i hope that Stubbs can get the best out of them. Couple of new additions, just to give us options, would be nice.

bingo70
06-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Kennedy and Hope both on bench for Everton tonight.

SteveHFC
06-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Anyone heard a former striker is returning for a 3rd spell :D

Dave-O
06-08-2014, 07:02 PM

:hmmm:

Haymaker
06-08-2014, 07:03 PM

If it's who I think it is then :agree

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2014, 07:04 PM

Don't toy with this already fragile man :wink:

Onceinawhile
06-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Has garry o been banging them in for selkirk?

Manxhibs
06-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Farid and Leigh up top ;)

Aldo
06-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Mmmm!!!

bingo70
06-08-2014, 07:10 PM
John lundstrom is one of the youngsters from Everton we'd been linked with, he's signed for Blackpool.

When I say linked with, it was on that Facebook page so not really properly linked with.

SaulGoodman
06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
If it was Leigh wouldn't it be a second spell?

Gmack7
06-08-2014, 07:29 PM
nope

.Sean.
06-08-2014, 07:53 PM
LG?

Fishing or have you heard something?

SteveHFC
06-08-2014, 07:54 PM
LG?

Fishing or have you heard something?

Fishing mate since the lack of news of signings :D

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Leigh has just came on for Celtic, whilst Pukki stays on the bench. Need him to drop down the pecking order just a wee touch more. One bust up with Delia or JC could do it. Do either of them wear reading glasses that he could knock off their face?

Greenworld
06-08-2014, 08:16 PM
To add to this fishing it is growing in the weedge that celtic are considering such a move if it helps to keep rangers down now that would be good...:rolleyes:

Hibeesmad
06-08-2014, 09:32 PM
If Everton have loaned out Lundstram to Blackpool then Martinez must surely have decided which players will not be part of his 1st team plans this season and who he wants to send out on loan?

Hibbyradge
06-08-2014, 09:34 PM
To add to this fishing it is growing in the weedge that celtic are considering such a move if it helps to keep rangers down now that would be good...:rolleyes:

I imagine the exact reverse would be the case.

Ronniekirk
06-08-2014, 10:03 PM
If Everton have loaned out Lundstram to Blackpool then Martinez must surely have decided which players will not be part of his 1st team plans this season and who he wants to send out on loan?
He might have decided on a few who can go out now on loan ,but he might want to give others game time from the bench in remaining friendlies before finally deciding on others ,or he may want to give one or two a run out in first team when league starts just to see how they perform but may still let them go out on loan on transfer deadline day .If he knows Stubbs is willing to take a couple he may weigh up all loan options as he knows he can go back to Stubbs at any point and do business .

ScottB
06-08-2014, 10:07 PM

Spell 1 as a youth player, Spell 2 on loan...

TRC
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Spell 1 as a youth player, Spell 2 on loan...

Or did we notbloan him twice in principle so it would his 4th turn!

Time For Heroes
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM

Steve I supported you on the Match Day Thread, this my friend is too far.
Only a cheeky gif will get you back onside :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
06-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Kennedy and Hope both on bench for Everton tonight.

Been seeing the rumour of Matty Kennedy on loan to yous on our forum etc as well.

A player I was gutted to see leave Killie as soon as and as cheaply as he did.

SteveHFC
06-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Steve I supported you on the Match Day Thread, this my friend is too far.
Only a cheeky gif will get you back onside :greengrinhttp://i.imgur.com/EVPHVkD.jpg ;)

Time For Heroes
07-08-2014, 09:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EVPHVkD.jpg ;)

Back onside :greengrin
Haha

scoopyboy
07-08-2014, 11:22 AM

Would it no be a fifth:cb

Four loan deals previously?

silverhibee
07-08-2014, 11:27 AM

No, 3rd. :wink:

silverhibee
07-08-2014, 11:29 AM
So any rumours/lies, anything about new players.

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 11:40 AM
So any rumours/lies, anything about new players.

No. Do you want to start one or shall I?

:wink:

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Talking to an Australian striker released by QPR.

bingo70
07-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Talking to an Australian striker released by QPR.

Definitely released?

Peter skapites (or something like thst) is an Australian striker that left qpr, he joined stoke though so could be a loan deal for him maybe?

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Definitely released?

Peter skapites (or something like thst) is an Australian striker that left qpr, he joined stoke though so could be a loan deal for him maybe?

Could be mate, that's literally all I've been told. Same person told me we were signing Stephen Glass, John Rankin and Daryl Duffy in the past. He was also convinced we were getting Alan Gow permanently though.

silverhibee
07-08-2014, 11:54 AM
No. Do you want to start one or shall I?

:wink:

On you go. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
07-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Fleetwood town move for Billy McKay.

http://t.co/rsH4vg1Sgw

@TyroneSTV: STVNews understands Fleetwood's offer for Billy McKay was BELOW £100,000

Gordy M
07-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Definitely released?

He hasnt been given a squad number at stoke this year. If it is indeed him.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Could be mate, that's literally all I've been told. Same person told me we were signing Stephen Glass, John Rankin and Daryl Duffy in the past.He was also convinced we were getting Alan Gow permanently though.

I'd keep that quiet if I were you :wink:

cabbage_88
07-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Definitely released?

Few months old..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2617309/Peter-Skapetis-completes-300-000-QPR-reserves-Stoke-City.html

Nutmegged
07-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Fleetwood town move for Billy McKay.

http://t.co/rsH4vg1Sgw

@TyroneSTV: STVNews understands Fleetwood's offer for Billy McKay was BELOW £100,000
Agent Scotland tweeted early saying £65k

if his asking price is around double that figure I'd love to see us go for him, we can probably double the wage he is on currently and the Scottish Championship with Hibs Hearts and Rangers is a higher standard and profile than English League One.

I know £130k is a lot of money but it'd show ambition and I also think its as safe a transfer gamble as you can get

Cod Boy
07-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Stephen Dobbie signs season long loan deal at Fleetwood Town

Ozyhibby
07-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Stephen Dobbie signs season long loan deal at Fleetwood Town

Might have done a job for us?

The_Horde
07-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Could be mate, that's literally all I've been told. Same person told me we were signing Stephen Glass, John Rankin and Daryl Duffy in the past. He was also convinced we were getting Alan Gow permanently though.

Source?

vanNISHtelroy
07-08-2014, 03:31 PM
:not worthEremenko confirmed back at Killie :not worth

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Agent Scotland tweeted early saying £65k

if his asking price is around double that figure I'd love to see us go for him, we can probably double the wage he is on currently and the Scottish Championship with Hibs Hearts and Rangers is a higher standard and profile than English League One.

I know £130k is a lot of money but it'd show ambition and I also think its as safe a transfer gamble as you can get

No way that it is a higher standard that English League one.

truehibernian
07-08-2014, 03:35 PM
:not worthEremenko confirmed back at Killie :not worth

I'm hearing we are getting Matt Kennedy on a loan to the January window mate - any of your Killie pals hearing the same ? What was he like in your youth sides ?

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2014, 03:40 PM
;4120197']Source?

Will pm you mate.

Nutmegged
07-08-2014, 03:52 PM
No way that it is a higher standard that English League one.

Disagree completely but like everyone else,you're entitled to your opinion

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Is there some mega-rich guy bankrolling Fleetwood Town? They've just made a bid for Billy Mackay (ICT).

They're from a very small town in Lancahsire, are in the third tier of English Football and play in a 5k capacity stadium. However, they seem to be splashing the cash.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Is there some mega-rich guy bankrolling Fleetwood Town? They've just made a bid for Billy Mackay (ICT).

They're from a very small town in Lancahsire, are in the third tier of English Football and play in a 5k capacity stadium. However, they seem to be splashing the cash.

They just got promoted, a decent amount of wonga would've came from that.

The_Horde
07-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Will pm you mate.

Thanks mate.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Will pm you mate.

Me too? :greengrin

Hibs07p
07-08-2014, 04:54 PM

According to the report below...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19955525

..he has invested quite a lot of money, and as he owns BES Commercial, who allegedly employ underhand selling tactics, according to the report below...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1707096/Power-price-rogues-cost-me-my-shop.html

... and as a relative of mine was nearly trapped into a contract with BES, when they opened a shop 2 years ago, I know of this connection.
He could teach Mad Vlad a trick or two.

GGTTH

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Me too? :greengrin
BMD, there's not extra info Kid. Was just letting Slen know who told me as I think he might know him too:aok:

Aldo
07-08-2014, 04:58 PM
BMD, there's not extra info Kid. Was just letting Slen know who told me as I think he might know him too:aok:

Will I ken him Ee??

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2014, 05:09 PM

Ok mate :aok:

The_Horde
07-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Will I ken him Ee??

Don't think so mate. Unless he's been in bother with the popo. :greengrin

Aldo
07-08-2014, 05:12 PM
;4120293"] Don't think so mate. Unless he's been in bother with the popo. :greengrin

Nae probs B. Cheers

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 05:19 PM
According to the report below...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19955525

..he has invested quite a lot of money, and as he owns BES Commercial, who allegedly employ underhand selling tactics, according to the report below...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1707096/Power-price-rogues-cost-me-my-shop.html

... and as a relative of mine was nearly trapped into a contract with BES, when they opened a shop 2 years ago, I know of this connection.
He could teach Mad Vlad a trick or two.

GGTTH

Thanks for that.

It helps explain where the money is coming from.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Hink ill ken um?

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Disagree completely but like everyone else,you're entitled to your opinion

Fair dos your entitled to be wrong. :greengrin Just don't see the Championship being better ,than that league especially given a few part time teams in our league.

Nutmegged
07-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Fair dos your entitled to be wrong. :greengrin Just don't see the Championship being better ,than that league especially given a few part time teams in our league.

wouldn't be the first time & definifely wouldn't be the last but the two lower tiers of England isn't anywhere near as good as SKYSports News will have you believe, its physically demanding but the technique isn't as good as what I've seen from the likes of Falkirk and Hamilton in recent seasons.

Add to that the prestige of having us, Hearts and Rangers then its a no-brainer for me.

The_Horde
07-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Nae probs B. Cheers

What I will say is, having seen the lad play on a couple of occasions, I think he'd be a poor addition to the squad. He may well turn out alright but I don't feel he's the type of striker we need.

MontrealHibs
07-08-2014, 09:44 PM

A few? I thought it was just Dumbarton?

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 09:49 PM
A few? I thought it was just Dumbarton? (Who are planning to go full time next year I understand)

Alloa, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath so a quarter of the league.

GordonHFC
07-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Alloa, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath so a quarter of the league.

30%. There's only 10 in the league.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I don't think Cowdenbeath are part time, you live and learn? Alloa yes, sorry I thought they went back down!

they are :agree:

vanNISHtelroy
07-08-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm hearing we are getting Matt Kennedy on a loan to the January window mate - any of your Killie pals hearing the same ? What was he like in your youth sides ?

The same thing is on our forum too.

Matt was always highly rated coming through the youth set up. He looked good when he made his few appearances in the first team

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Looking on that Hibs news facebook thing, someone saying there was a guy being put through his paces after all the lads left. Some think it's Matthew Kennedy from Everton.

Interesting...

SteveHFC
07-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Looking on that Hibs news facebook thing, someone saying there was a guy being put through his paces after all the lads left. Some think it's Matthew Kennedy from Everton.

Interesting...

Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow mate :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow mate :greengrin

Hopefully bud.

bighairyfaeleith
08-08-2014, 05:11 AM
Hopefully bud.

It's tomorrow :I'm waiti