PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Scottish Summer Transfers/Contracts (Second Attempt)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm maybe being a bit of a happy clapper here but the club have signed some good players. Actually, I'm yet to see a bad signing, the players letting us down are certain imposters from last season. El Alagui, Allan, Kennedy and Gray have been our best players thus far.

Those criticising the loan deals - I understand the frustration that it's papering over the cracks almost, and so many loans has contributed to our downfall in the last few years, but surely if these boys are good players it's better getting them on loan than some 32 year old journeyman never-was.

I think McGeouch looks a good wee player, been in and around the celtic first team for a couple years now. He's also out of contract in the summer so possibly looking to earn a permanent deal? I know nothing about this Sinclair but the fact it's a loan deal or his age doesn't bother me, I'm more bothered about his ability to score goals.

One more striker, preferably an experienced head to help the young boys would be ideal. Other than that I think we've done some good business this window.

;4152249']I think the players Stubbs has signed look good quality so far.

Gray has been good

Farid - enough said, better than what we had

Oxley - not done much wrong so far and distribution is good - On par with Williams probably

Kennedy - some skill on the boy and more useful than Watmore/Cairney

Allan - again, highly rated. Better than what went out.

Fontaine - more than good enough for this league and far better than Nelson.

Take it you guys weren't at Alloa on Saturday. Lightweight crap that other Championship teams will rip the pure pish out of.

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I care what he does. If he thinks the laddie is quality, then I'm happy to believe him.

No, but it's better than it was this morning.
Agreed but come on its not difficult...unless another striker comes in tonight we have Heff as our only experienced striker till Jan...I think thats a disgrace pure and simple!

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Take it you guys weren't at Alloa on Saturday. Lightweight crap that other Championship teams will rip the pure pish out of.
100%...cant believe some are happy with 2 inexperienced loanees...as u say mate clearly these folk werent at Alloa on Sat and have forgotten we currently lie 3rd bottom of the 2nd tier!!

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-09-2014, 05:02 PM
100%...cant believe some are happy with 2 inexperienced loanees...as u say mate clearly these folk werent at Alloa on Sat and have forgotten we currently lie 3rd bottom of the 2nd tier!!

I take it you have seen enough of these two play to write them off?

Pray4Marc
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Chris Killen is in le monde. Chances?

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I take it you have seen enough of these two play to write them off?
Im not writing them off mate...but having witnessed us struggle in our last 2 matches against part time teams its not enough...nowhere near enough tobturn our season around. ..especially as we have now lost our best striker for half the season. FFS we are already 9 and 6 pts behing the uglies!!

Lago
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Not exactly inspiring is it, season over already?

Pete
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
We still need another player up front in my opinion, even if Sinclair is as good or even better than Algooly.

Agree. We now need a Farid type player to compliment Sinclair. Big, can win balls, hold things up and can finish.

Nish?

Pete
01-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Not exactly inspiring is it, season over already?

Yes. Season over.

See you next season.

ruthven_raiders
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm so desperate for any experienced striker that I would grab chris killen now, but he's out of contract so can be signed anytime after today

brog
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Agreed but come on its not difficult...unless another striker comes in tonight we have Heff as our only experienced striker till Jan...I think thats a disgrace pure and simple!

We can sign out of contract players any time!

Lago
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Agree. We now need a Farid type player to compliment Sinclair. Big, can win balls, hold things up and can finish.

Nish?
Nish? Get real, oh its one of your jokes

Pete
01-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Nish? Get real, oh its one of your jokes

Yes. Just trying to counter some of the negative crap (season over) :thumbsup:

Lago
01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Yes. Just trying to counter some of the negative crap (season over) :thumbsup:
Good luck with that.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Craig Beattie signs for Ayr Utd

Pete
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Good luck with that.

Some signings would help overcome it. We still have time.

Lago
01-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Some signings would help overcome it. We still have time.
I live in hope I really do!!

JimBHibees
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM

Nish?

Not Nish but exactly the type of player we require.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Euan Smith, Ex Hibs. Loan move Killie to Clyde

Aldo
01-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Stepovic signs 4 year deal

TRC
02-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Couldn't see the non Scottish one but apparently tom cleverly wanted 80k a week and this is why he didn't move to Aston Villa. 80k a week the games a boggey, Sky has systematically taken any sort of competitive edge away from clubs. I cannot believe how far the game has got to, it has to stop somehow. When does the bubble burst. I for one can't wait till it does. I'm sick to the back teeth with it. We have been woefully lacklustre in our attempts (on the face of it) to get new players in.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Couldn't see the non Scottish one but apparently tom cleverly wanted 80k a week and this is why he didn't move to Aston Villa. 80k a week the games a boggey, Sky has systematically taken any sort of competitive edge away from clubs. I cannot believe how far the game has got to, it has to stop somehow. When does the bubble burst. I for one can't wait till it does. I'm sick to the back teeth with it. We have been woefully lacklustre in our attempts (on the face of it) to get new players in.

The boy falcau (sp) is set collect £364,000 a week from Man U. That's just a loan deal. Disgusting.

TRC
02-09-2014, 01:06 AM
The boy falcau (sp) is set collect £364,000 a week from Man U. That's just a loan deal. Disgusting.

Not only that did Monaco not get near 8m for loaning him!! 8m!!! Saw another thing man u will be paying a week for 4 players up wards of 1.25m think it was du maria falco van persie Rooney all on 300k or above!