PDA

View Full Version : Have the changes been sufficient to change your mind?

matty_f
26-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm writing this post as someone who renewed his season ticket early doors, and had become totally disillusioned by what had happened at Hibs over the last few years. Disillusioned is probably putting it mildly - there was probably an unhealthy amount of anger at how things had panned out. I support the Petrie Out campaign in principle. The football club has been neglected for too long, the great work in building the stadium and training ground that should have put us in the strongest of positions was completely undone (and then some) through not taking care of on-field and off-field matters.

I renewed, but could completely understand why people wouldn't have - the reasons for not renewing at the end of last season far outweighed the reasons for renewing, which basically amounted to 'doing your duty'.

However, looking at what has happened since then - Butcher relieved of his duties, a load of players moved on, the recruitment of Stubbs and an impressive coaching team to support him, further back room changes and the foundations being laid to move the club onwards and hopefully upwards where we genuinely look like we're getting our act together. Then the signings, quality over quantity we were told, the signing of Scott Allan certainly backs that up, along with the other signings and the re-signing of Cummings.

For me, the "wind of change" promised is blowing through the club, and I hope that others see it and are motivated to back the team, back the club, and get their season tickets for the season ahead to give us the best possible chance of competing with Sevco and Bidco for promotion.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2014, 04:36 PM
I personally think on the pitch we are weaker today than we were on the last day of last season. Off the park we seem to be putting a team together that's more professional and the change in the boardroom is also welcomed.

Nothing has changed my mind so far that we will be a team that's fighting for one of the play off spots, and as i speak i'm not 100% sure we will achieve this.

If i gave my reasons why i thought this, i'd be accused of being negative and a troll. So that's all i will say on the matter, and suffice to say i hope i'm completely wrong.

Spike Mandela
26-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Like you Matty I got my season ticket in early but felt totally let down by everyone at the club with the capitulation of our team in the second half of the season.

There has certainly been change though, especially behind the scenes, and a couple of signings but we need several more imo. However whist there has been change I can't yet say with certainty that it is for the better but I am quietly optimistic.

The proof of the pudding as they say will be in the eating and I believe many supporters will be waiting to see how the Hibs team performs. Get off to a good start with exciting play and wins then I think the crowds will come.

clerriehibs
26-07-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm writing this post as someone who renewed his season ticket early doors, and had become totally disillusioned by what had happened at Hibs over the last few years. Disillusioned is probably putting it mildly - there was probably an unhealthy amount of anger at how things had panned out. I support the Petrie Out campaign in principle. The football club has been neglected for too long, the great work in building the stadium and training ground that should have put us in the strongest of positions was completely undone (and then some) through not taking care of on-field and off-field matters.

I renewed, but could completely understand why people wouldn't have - the reasons for not renewing at the end of last season far outweighed the reasons for renewing, which basically amounted to 'doing your duty'.

However, looking at what has happened since then - Butcher relieved of his duties, a load of players moved on, the recruitment of Stubbs and an impressive coaching team to support him, further back room changes and the foundations being laid to move the club onwards and hopefully upwards where we genuinely look like we're getting our act together. Then the signings, quality over quantity we were told, the signing of Scott Allan certainly backs that up, along with the other signings and the re-signing of Cummings.

For me, the "wind of change" promised is blowing through the club, and I hope that others see it and are motivated to back the team, back the club, and get their season tickets for the season ahead to give us the best possible chance of competing with Sevco and Bidco for promotion.

I agree with most of that, includsing the "winds of change", but I'll most certainly not claim things have improved until we're strolling the Championship.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Nothing will have really changed until we start winning games. We need promoted and anything less than that will represent a failure and more of the same.

villager
26-07-2014, 04:48 PM
The changes since L.D took over look and feel good on the surface, but we've learned that new beginnings don't bring guarantees of success this last seven years.

it's not enough to fix the disconnection between the club and the angry fans of which I am one. I'm not willing to begin the healing process until Petrie leaves. Away games only until that time, withholding my
Financial support is all I can do that he understands or cares about.

Eyrie
26-07-2014, 04:58 PM
The changes that have been made so far all look positive, although I'll concede that it is still early and we need to see how they work in practice.

I'm waiting on three or four more additions to the squad though and would have liked everyone to be in by now. Whilst that is not entirely within Hibs' control, it is frustrating that the team isn't getting more pre-season games to get used to playing together.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-07-2014, 05:01 PM

Rod has done well in appointing LD :agree:

Sir David Gray
26-07-2014, 05:03 PM
I am hopeful that things might just be going in the right direction but there's been a lot of positive talk in the past which has turned out to be complete tosh. I understand that we have new people running the football side of the club in Leeann Dempster and George Craig and I believe these two have the potential to turn things around. However I'll reserve judgement until we start to see real improvements on the pitch and are watching a team that's actually winning football matches with a degree of regularity.

We've been badly let down over the last three or four years and it's time to see some real action instead of words.

matty_f
26-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I am hopeful that things might just be going in the right direction but there's been a lot of positive talk in the past which has turned out to be complete tosh. I understand that we have new people running the football side of the club in Leeann Dempster and George Craig and I believe these two have the potential to turn things around. However I'll reserve judgement until we start to see real improvements on the pitch and are watching a team that's actually winning football matches with a degree of regularity.

We've been badly let down over the last three or four years and it's time to see some real action instead of words.

Surely what we are seeing now literally is actions and not just words? They haven't just talked about how they're going to change things - they've made the changes.

For me, I think that if i had held off on renewing I'd have been looking for some evidence of change before committing my cash. Aside from having a few more players in (which we are told are coming in anyway), I don't see what more LD could have reasonably done to demonstrate that things are different now.

IMHO, I feel like a line has been (or needs to be) drawn on last season. The bulk of the culprits are out of the picture one way or another - including Petrie to a large degree. Right now the person/people who need our support the most are Stubbs,LD, and the players. Stubbs especially must be frustrated that an extra couple of thousand season tickets are not available to him to rebuild.

Thecat23
26-07-2014, 05:15 PM
I bought my season ticket after we went down. To be totally honest a lot of fans don't care what is happening behind the scenes. It's what happens when the 11 players cross that line and the result come 90 mins.

We must make ER a hard place for any team to win and play good football at that. That will be the only way the change will be real and the fans will maybe come back.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Surely what we are seeing now literally is actions and not just words? They haven't just talked about how they're going to change things - they've made the changes.

For me, I think that if i had held off on renewing I'd have been looking for some evidence of change before committing my cash. Aside from having a few more players in (which we are told are coming in anyway), I don't see what more LD could have reasonably done to demonstrate that things are different now.

IMHO, I feel like a line has been (or needs to be) drawn on last season. The bulk of the culprits are out of the picture one way or another - including Petrie to a large degree. Right now the person/people who need our support the most are Stubbs,LD, and the players. Stubbs especially must be frustrated that an extra couple of thousand season tickets are not available to him to rebuild.

I'm speaking as someone who has renewed by the way so it's not the case that I'm withholding season ticket money until I see improvements etc.

I just won't be thinking that things have seriously changed until I see a real improvement in results on the pitch.

I'm hopeful that is going to be the case now but time will tell.

BSEJVT
26-07-2014, 05:49 PM

I couldn't have been more brassed off than I was at the end of last season and was both completely disillusioned by Hibs and football in general and disinterested in both.

Having reached that point I felt had a few choices:

1) Continue bitching about it from the sidelines (re-stating ad nauseum all the negative things everyone knows have happened and been wrong with Hibs in the past few years, some of which have been fixed / improved, some of which may have and some of which haven't and IMO aren't likely to be anytime soon - the full removal of Petrie).

2) Completely withdraw from comment on interest on anything Hibs

3) Refuse to continue down the road of endless negativity and try and look on the upside of the improvements the club are trying to make, whilst realising that there is a long trying road back to where we want to be.

4) Get right behind the team /club in every way

Right now I am on the cusp between 3 and 4 and if I am honest don't know which way I will fall.

There's a lot that appeals to me about what we are doing right now, both the club and the team and IMO the team is being held back by the financial hangover of the last years events and poor season ticket sales, I feel confident in the backroom staff and the changes made to support the team.

Against that there's the fact that over the past 2-3 seasons I have got almost completely out the way of going to ER, going 5 games a season or so and the freedom that has given to do other things has been welcome.

I respect everyone's right to do what they think is appropriate re watching Hibs, but have always struggled a bit with those not going to make an impact as IMO with respect the impact of that individual doing or not doing something has no effect at all.

I know and understand the reasons that people so distrust and dislike Petrie, who IMO has long outlived his usefulness at ER, but not going because he or any other individual remains at ER, doesn't harm them, it harms the team.

I believe that it is also to the detriment of the individual making the stance as they obviously care enough about the club to try to make a stance, albeit in my view misguided.

I read lots of quotes about what in people's opinions would represent success for the club and have a different expectation level to many at this point in time.

Success for me would be ending the endless cycle of negativity that has surrounded the club this past few years, with an improvement in playing styles and spectator enjoyment.

I would also like ER to be an enjoyable place to go again and for us all to support the team instead of undermining them.

It seems to me that many are setting themselves up to be disappointed and to give themselves more room to rage against the club.

These are massively unchartered waters with so much change in all facets of the clubs operations that they may well take time to bed in.

Our finances are in an absolute mess regardless of whether we sell another 5000 season tickets let alone 1000, we will have lost an absolute fortune last year with this years being much much worse.

In the same way as it has taken us say 7 years to get to this low point, it will take us more than 1 to recover.

We can rage against who and what went wrong only for so long, it doesn't help and it wont change things, its time in our own way to support the club.

Rant over

Just Alf
26-07-2014, 06:06 PM

Couldn't have said it better (thanks for saving me typing loads (as per :D ))

HFC 0-7
26-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes there has been changes but every season we see changes. the changes we are seeing so far, I am taking with a pinch of salt as all the changes in the past, addressing culture etc etc has all been for the better of the club, we have been taken in by it but nothing has changed. I am not that impressed by the signings so far and looking at our squad I think there is a real chance we will struggle. The way fans have been treated, and what we have had to go through in recent seasons, I think it will take more than a few words and plans to get many of us back on side. Only results will change people's feelings on it.

if this wasn't football and the heart wasn't involved you would have to say hibs have played a blinder. Years of poor performances, terrible results in top competitions ending with relegation and hibs have sacked the manager (nothing new there apart from doing it late reducing the new managers time in the transfer window.) Emptied players ( again nothing new). Made claims of a wind of change etc etc but still having fans pay full whack!

Re the changes, every time this has happened I think all the fans have thought they were good ideas but they never panned out, Petrie has stepped back before and let someone else have a go. I have renewed but I can completely see why people will wait for results before deciding whether it's enough.

Diclonius
26-07-2014, 06:16 PM
If we want to bring the crowds back then we need to beat Rangers, Livingston and Hearts in the next three weeks.

dmc1875
26-07-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing us tomorrow and hopefully seeing a change to the dross served up last season. Was at Dunfermline and we are getting there. Will be good to see the new boy Allan and Alagui too against decent opposition.

My mind isn't changed, but I will always support Hibs and will always buy my season ticket. Looking forward to the season we have a great chance to get a headstart on one of our rivals if we win our first two games :gwa:

Just Alf
26-07-2014, 06:29 PM
If we want to bring the crowds back then we need to beat Rangers, Livingston and Hearts in the next three weeks.

I also wouldn't argue with this!

As heck! ... Actually I don't know :-/

What I really want to see is a big statement of intent for the new season. If we are narrowly beaten but playing well/strongly then that might bode well for the longer term over the season. As it stands Stubbs has one hand tied behind his back re the signings he can make compared to available finances.... If.. IF ... We can start well, obviously with wins, but defo playing the footy style we want to see then more season tickets may be sold and AS can further enhance the team (it does need it).. Big balancing act though.

Cameron1875
26-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Not in the slightest to be honest. Off the park seems slightly better but come on it couldn't really have been any worse.

El Aligui will be a good signing but Allan and Gray are bit of a risk especially since they've been at a fair few clubs an toiled. I'd be quite surprised if Scott Allan didn't stand out in the 1st division though.
We still badly need another CB and considering how poor Harris was last season then a RM/LM is essential.

Stubbs talks a good game and pre season has been impressive so fingers crossed he's the man to turn it around. Seems highly rated by young players and knowledge of lower leagues in England could be vital like when Mowbray first took charge here.

The current team at the moment is pretty much the same as the one that got relegated so right now if I was offered 4th place an chance at the playoffs i'd take that in a heartbeat.

Hopefully with 3 or 4 more quality signings then we can push for 1st or 2nd.

Petrie still has to go as well.

Turkish Green
26-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Tomorrow will be a benchmark as to how things are progressing with the squad. However I feel that promotion will not happen this season and the fans need to be patient to let LD and AS build the groundwork.

of course I may be pleasantly surprised.

BroxburnHibee
26-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I gave up the season tickets for my son and I - it was for financial reasons more than anything but given it coincided with the Calderwood debacle it was certainly a less painful decision than it should have been.

The last few seasons have been absolutely dire, and last season was THE worst in my 30 odd years of following them.

I can afford it but as yet I've not seen enough to entice me back. I'm not hopeful for this season at all.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Lets wait and see what happens when official business on the pitch begins, everything else is just a distraction.

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2014, 08:42 PM
A lot of Hibs fans feel like the abused spouse, with Petrie as the abuser. They are waiting to see if he is still in the house, in any way, shape or form, before they truly commit to moving back home. Whether this is fair or justified or not (it probably isn't) we can debate all day, but football is an emotional business and I truly believe this is where many of us are at.

I'm excited about the Stubbs-Dempster team, but I'd be 75% more excited if Petrie no longer had any association with the club.

So, basically, it's as people have been saying, let's wait and see.

eastterrace
26-07-2014, 09:49 PM

when was the last time we won three games on the spin, this wont happen, its going to be a long hard season but with a slightly better home record than the last 4 years so a few more happy saturday nights.

SlickShoes
26-07-2014, 10:15 PM
I've still not got over being relegated, things behind the scenes seem to be changing for the better but for me these changes aren't going to win me back fully yet.

I've not had a season ticket for a while but I still attended half the games last season and each of the final 6 games, I have never seen us that bad in my 31 years of life.

If we can bring in 3 or 4 more players and start the season by beating hearts then I'll think about coming back but if we end up picking up the scraps on deadline day whilst capitulating to them once again it will be business as usual just with a different captain steering the sinking ship.

I want hibs to do well, I'm going to go to some away games and I've already bought the new training top but I can't be fully positive about anything until I see a much better team on the park.

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Having to be an optimistic type guy, yes I am happy and also looking forward to givi g Hibs my support this season.

heretoday
26-07-2014, 10:25 PM

Hear Hear!

dave62
26-07-2014, 10:29 PM
When I left Easter Road after the Hamilton debacle I was so angry that I would have been happy to have never seen another football game again ever. Indeed I only watched two World Cup games and didn't feel like I'd missed anything.

Still, time and alcohol heals all wounds and I renewed my season ticket as I knew deep down I always would, although I understand why others take a different view. You can only take so much and in the current financial climate it's asking a lot for the club to ask fans to fork out on a team, which had just been relegated, on not much more than blind faith.

As to the changes that have taken place, well Butcher had to go and the only mistake we made was not sacking him on the Monday after the Hamilton game, thus giving the new manager more time before the new season and letting him decide which of the out of contract players were worth keeping (if any).

Alan Stubbs appears to be a good appointment, but like any new manager, and especially a rookie manager it's a gamble. That said he appears to want to play the ball on the deck where possible, but is flexible in his outlook. It would be the first time in a while that we have a manager who has a 'Plan B' and isn't found out after the first round of games.

Generally I would prefer to have a young manager with new ideas, which in the absence of any major cash injection is the thing we need the most, as opposed to appointing the last man to fall off the SPL merry-go-round. Time will tell if Stubbs is the man.

Leeann Dempster I think will turn out to be a great appointment. Her record at Motherwell was good and again she brings new ideas to the club. It will take much longer than the time she has had so far to make any judgement on where she's been a success or not. For what it's worth I believe her when she says that she's has day-to-day control over what happens at Hibs. Others will take a different view and I respect that.

Ultimately, we will only know that the right changes have been made is when we have a team capable of winning games consistently whilst playing attractive football and in the league we find ourselves in we will have to be doing at least the former right from the start of the season.

Tha Cabbage Kid
26-07-2014, 10:43 PM
This club would be nothing if it wasnt for fans like you. Who have renewed there season ticket time and time again after all our club has put us through. Im not a season ticket holder for obvious reasons as I live in warsaw but so many fans have been right not to renew as it would seem the board looked to have lost interest in our fine club. The season tickets have gave the club the money to keep us ticking but it slowly has been going down hill

Forza Fred
26-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I personally think on the pitch we are weaker today than we were on the last day of last season. Off the park we seem to be putting a team together that's more professional and the change in the boardroom is also welcomed.

Nothing has changed my mind so far that we will be a team that's fighting for one of the play off spots, and as i speak i'm not 100% sure we will achieve this.

If i gave my reasons why i thought this, i'd be accused of being negative and a troll. So that's all i will say on the matter, and suffice to say i hope i'm completely wrong.

Blackpool's post saved me the effort of typing lots of words

lord bunberry
26-07-2014, 10:57 PM

I disagree that we're weaker than we were last season. Collins has been replaced with El alagui Allan has come in as has gray. But the biggest change is that Butcher is gone. I've no idea if Stubbs will be any good and if I'm being honest I'm adopting a wait and see attitude, but things just feel better than they've done for a while,I can't explain why I feel like that but I do.

johnrebus
26-07-2014, 11:42 PM
A lot of Hibs fans feel like the abused spouse, with Petrie as the abuser. They are waiting to see if he is still in the house, in any way, shape or form, before they truly commit to moving back home. Whether this is fair or justified or not (it probably isn't) we can debate all day, but football is an emotional business and I truly believe this is where many of us are at.

I'm excited about the Stubbs-Dempster team, but I'd be 75% more excited if Petrie no longer had any association with the club.

Make that 100% and I agree with everything else.

Problem is, the **** is still here.

:no way:

gegs70
27-07-2014, 12:02 AM
I think positive steps have been made with the backroom staff and with that we look a more professional set up. That will no doubt help the youth transition to the 1st team.

I do also like the calibre of player being brought in
However we do require better players in a number of positions. Please?

The Gorf
27-07-2014, 08:02 AM

This. (Last para).

TowerHibs
27-07-2014, 08:28 AM
All boils down to having a good manager. If Stubbs can get get best out of what is already here - wee all know what harris, Stanton and Craig are capable of - and brings in a few good players then we will be fine.

We have had too many clueless managers.

Steve20
27-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Nope. Team still poor. Big changes still needed to get back to the top flight.

Allant1981
27-07-2014, 08:39 AM
We still dont have a decent squad, i know we are struggling for cash but we need to get out of this league and we need decent players to do it, hopefully we get a few more in or we might struggle with this squad

Ronniekirk
27-07-2014, 08:56 AM
I disagree that we're weaker than we were last season. Collins has been replaced with El alagui Allan has come in as has gray. But the biggest change is that Butcher is gone. I've no idea if Stubbs will be any good and if I'm being honest I'm adopting a wait and see attitude, but things just feel better than they've done for a while,I can't explain why I feel like that but I do.

I can see where Blackpool hibs is coming from,an injury to Grey leaves us same back four as last season minus Maybury who laterally was one of the better players .Hanlon had two periods out with injury and Foster and Nelson together just didn't work . goalkeeper position hasn't been strengthened .OTJ is only still here as no one will take him off our hands , and it remains to be seen if Heff can stay fit enough to contribute.
Young players as Hearts found out last season will be inconsistent if played week in week out that's the nature of a developing player and good management means knowing when to leave them out but to do that you need options .
However I do agree things feel different .But at this stage we don't know if some of the players still here from last season will cope with new pressure of getting us back up in one season .Stubbs can promote confidence change tactics and style of play and hopefully get the best out of players that weren't doing it for Butcher and I think he will.
But what is less certain is if we get off to a poor start and don't get the rub of the green how will some of these players cope Mental Toughness and Resilience were key features identified by Fenlon and butcher but the issue wasn't rectified. friendlies are just that it's when the real action starts that brings pressure so while I am hopeful things are changing it's clear a lot of fans are still going to need wins and performances to tempt them back .
Having drawn a blank against Dunfermline we need to show we can take our chances created today
Moan the Hibs :flag:

JimBHibees
27-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Certainly more positive than end of last season however proof is in the pudding. It sounds like we now have a professional coaching set up which will serve us in good stead however It will take time and will need patience though I would assume as long as we are seeing a confident and vibrant style of play then most will be happy.

flash
27-07-2014, 10:48 AM

Shocked to find you talking Hibs down.

buktapurple79
27-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Your either Hibs or or your not. Changes irrelevant IMHO.

shetlandhibee
28-07-2014, 01:50 AM

IMO option we have a much better team and are playing much better football than the last day 😊 I think if we can maybe get a couple more quality signings in we can be much better. I think we look more of a threat going forward, and we have people upfront that can score. Last year the whole club felt lost and after the Malmö game we didn't know what to do. Players were walking around the pitch with no urgency and getting on each others backs. I feel AS has brought a positive vibe back around the place and the players are working hard to please the fans and achieve glory. Plus we have gotten rid of the worst stricker I've ever seen and we have a chance of scoring a lot more goals.

Hibbyradge
28-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Make that 100% and I agree with everything else.

Problem is, the **** is still here.

:no way:

95% surely?

Houchy
28-07-2014, 12:42 PM
From what I've seen from the friendlies (Dundee utd) I've been encourage by the style of football (not so much hoofball), more trying to play from the back. I've gone from definately not getting a season ticket to giving it serious consideration.

hfc-1875
28-07-2014, 12:47 PM

So your saying we don't have a good enough team to finish in top 3? Nonsense. We have a far better team than most in our league this year with the exception of rangers and possibly hearts. Falkirk might do well aswell, but other than that I feel we should be well capable of beating the rest.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 12:50 PM
So your saying we don't have a good enough team to finish in top 3? Nonsense. We have a far better team than most in our league this year with the exception of rangers and possibly hearts. Falkirk might do well aswell, but other than that I feel we should be well capable of beating the rest.

I don't know much about the clubs in our division, any chance Raith Rovers could do damage, without posing a threat themselves?

hfc-1875
28-07-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't know much about the clubs in our division, any chance Raith Rovers could do damage, without posing a threat themselves?

Aye no doubt we will get beat off teams other than the ones I mentioned, but I don't see any other than they ones maintaining a decent challenge all season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 01:09 PM
From what I've seen from the friendlies (Dundee utd) I've been encourage by the style of football (not so much hoofball), more trying to play from the back. I've gone from definately not getting a season ticket to giving it serious consideration.

Do it, do it, do it! :greengrin

Northernhibee
28-07-2014, 01:25 PM
I honestly think we're better than Sevco this season.

mutley
28-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Well, we will soon find out on 5th Aug!

GGTTH

Turkish Green
28-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Is the consensus on here that the main cause of relegation was inept team selection and tactics by TB?

If the remnants of last season's squad have turned around 180degrees and are looking like new players then maybe Stubbs can produce results. I still feel the squad is under strength and will faulter due to injuries and suspensions.

Anyway we shall soon find out.

Gatecrasher
28-07-2014, 01:46 PM
after Sunday I can say I think we are closer to a decent team than I thought and the work rate and fitness looks like a different class compared to last season. I still think we need a couple of players but I'm happy with what I saw yesterday. I am trying to reserve opinion until I see us against Rangers next week then a few games into the season, but the early signs are encouraging.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 01:57 PM
We need that crucial link player between midfield and attack.
Get that and I'll be happy.

--------
28-07-2014, 02:01 PM

Just about how I feel, Bob.

I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing and hearing, and I WILL be back at ER this season work and finances permitting, but the continuing presence of our moustachio'd Eminence Gris skulking in the shadows makes me uneasy.

bobbyhibs1983
28-07-2014, 02:06 PM
For me, i guess the number 1 factor (for me personally) was price.I was stunned to learn that the price was not gonna come down and im still in 2 minds at the moment to weather to buy or not.

It's just i ve got the travelling bug as well(a bad thing huh the travelling bug AND a hibs fan) so i guess its either save up for next years holiday or go with the payment paln of just over £100 , though i tihnk doing both this year would be a struggle.

Nevi_SOL
28-07-2014, 02:06 PM

3 wins before the transfer window closes could show supporters we mean business. This IMO is the best way to get fans back.

jacomo
28-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Rod has done well in appointing LD :agree:

This is probably how he justifies staying on as Chairman - he appointed LD before we were relegated, suggesting he had already realised that fundamental changes were needed, and if it all goes wrong with her appointment then he is ultimately responsible.

So although he is still nominally in charge, I don't think Rod could step back into being the public face of Hibs. I'm pretty convinced that things have changed and that this club is now much better set up than it was.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2014, 02:37 PM

In which areas would you say we are stronger?

happiehibbie
28-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Yes

jacomo
28-07-2014, 02:54 PM
In which areas would you say we are stronger?

I'm pretty confident we've got a better manager than Sevco.

This is based on very limited knowledge of AS, but knowing for sure that Sally is a joke.

southern hibby
28-07-2014, 03:10 PM
We need more players of that I'm certain. Depth ain't there at this moment. If we have a injury or two ( or suspensions ) to certain players we will be found wanting.

We are playing good football on the deck. However we have a long season ahead of us and we will do ( I believe ) very well until suspensions / injuries kick I'n.

It's another 3 or 4 players for me and we can do well. GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 03:12 PM
We need more players of that I'm certain. Depth ain't there at this moment. If we have a injury or two ( or suspensions ) to certain players we will be found wanting.

We are playing good football on the deck. However we have a long season ahead of us and we will do ( I believe ) very well until suspensions / injuries kick I'n.

It's another 3 or 4 players for me and we can do well. GGTTH

I think the squad is too small too. I'm afraid that you don't get promoted on the cheap, and the club might as well splash the cash now.

hibs0666
28-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I think the squad is too small too. I'm afraid that you don't get promoted on the cheap, and the club might as well splash the cash now.

Hamilton got promoted on the cheap. How a team performns is affected both by the level of spend and how well that budget is spent.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Hamilton got promoted on the cheap. How a team performns is affected both by the level of spend and how well that budget is spent.

Hamilton also got lucky playing Hibs in the play off. They were 90 seconds away from another season in the Championship, even against one of the worst SPL teams ever.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2014, 04:03 PM
How many games into the season do the seaaon tickets stop going on sale? I will renew but it'll be right at the last minute.

Cheers in advance for those wbo can help.

Keith_M
28-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Would you swap our strike force for theirs?

I think I would.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 04:11 PM

I think I would.

Im sure Kenny Miller will score more goals than he did the last time he was in the first division. :agree:

Turkish Green
28-07-2014, 04:19 PM

i honestly wsh I could agree with you but I cannot. Sally may be a joke but he is a known quantity, while we know very little about AS.

TRFC has a squad of over 30 players with a proven strike force, an experienced midfield and a known defence.

I cannot see Hibs getting a point from them this season with the threadbare squad that they have. Wish I was wrong.

BarneyK
28-07-2014, 04:47 PM
i honestly wsh I could agree with you but I cannot. Sally may be a joke but he is a known quantity, while we know very little about AS.

TRFC has a squad of over 30 players with a proven strike force, an experienced midfield and a known defence.

I cannot see Hibs getting a point from them this season with the threadbare squad that they have. Wish I was wrong.

Think you're over estimating their quality there. They will be no better than Dundee United and we more than lived with them. We're never going to run away with this league, but not one point...

Northernhibee
28-07-2014, 04:48 PM

I think I would.

Nope. Their team is aging with a woeful manager. We have promising youngsters and an exciting manager.

Northernhibee
28-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Think you're over estimating their quality there. They will be no better than Dundee United and we more than lived with them. We're never going to run away with this league, but not one point...

We saw last year that Sevco are nowhere NEAR Dundee Utd.

BarneyK
28-07-2014, 04:51 PM
We saw last year that Sevco are nowhere NEAR Dundee Utd.

They have arguably improved, but I agree.

happiehibbie
28-07-2014, 05:13 PM
If in doubt a season ticket get yourself a chat with LD YOU ! Will change your mind players come and go Hibs are for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
28-07-2014, 05:16 PM

I don't think player-wise Rangers are that bad but I get the feeling the manager is losing or indeed has lost the fans - they almost seem to be urging him to fail. A couple of iffy results early on and Greyskull could be an even more horrible place for the home team and manager than for anyone to do with the away team. To be honest, I think that this would be our best chance - the Huns self-destructing. For all McCoist is a known quantity a lot of them don't like that known quantity, and it will be tough for him to turn this around.

We are unproven, both team and manager, but I get the feeling that we are all absolutely willing the manager on to succeed. If we get a decent start, a lot of the ill-feeling that has built up over the past few years (and rightly too, given what has been on the park) will disappear. There are still people associated with the past failures - Craig and Nelson to name a couple - and if they can shake off the doubters and put in some decent performances then I think we should be fine. It would also be good if the Petrie/ club ownership sideshow were to be kept as far away as possible from matchday at ER.

Nutmegged
28-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Have the changes been sufficient? I'm not entirely sure to be honest, the changes to the management team and the CEO have been much needed, the on field changes though still leave a lot to be desired, I'm excited about the signing of Scott Allan but I still believe we are 3 or 4 signings away from having a team that can challenge Rangers for the title.

I think we'll be in the Play-Off's with the squad we have but that is a bare minimum requirement for the position we find ourselves.

That being said, I believe there is more to come, I'm hopeful that I will feel its been sufficient come the end of the transfer window but I think it'd be naive to sit back and feel its a job well done at present.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2014, 06:59 PM
If Rangers don't get an influx of outside funds soon they will go into admin. It will be unavoidable.
They would then need to beat us by 25pts. Can't see it.
I think both us and Hearts will finish above them.

CorrieHibs
28-07-2014, 07:29 PM

I think I would.

We had a debate at work with regards to Miller and Boyd. How many goals do people think they will score in the championship?

GoldenEagle
28-07-2014, 07:33 PM
We had a debate at work with regards to Miller and Boyd. How many goals do people think they will score in the championship?

If they stay fit then Boyd will be close to the 25 mark and Miller just shy of 20.

matty_f
28-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Loads! The only thing that might hold them back is that teams are just going to shut up shop against them, so they might find space is a luxury they don't get.

Back on topic, if it's signing more players that is the make or break factor in you deciding to renew or not, does it influence your decision knowing that the club will be much better placed to add quality with your money available to them?

edwards
28-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Oxley is only on a six month deal apparently bit risky with a full season ahead of us this confuses me a bit as I was in the hibs club and Stubbs advised there would be only one year loans and not six months, feel we will be looking for another keeper. Need a spine in the team. I hate giving them a mention but Hertz had Mcdonald /a,n.other, Zaliukas, Scatchel, and numerous forwards.
Although Hanlon and Forster had a good first half against Utd I sill feel we need a stronger central defender. Midfield can Scott Allan sort that problem out ???. Up front we have Farad and Heff [ they might make a good partnership and also have Cummings] but still feel we need another decent experianced forward.

Just Alf
28-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Oxley is only on a six month deal apparently bit risky with a full season ahead of us this confuses me a bit as I was in the hibs club and Stubbs advised there would be only one year loans and not six months, feel we will be looking for another keeper. Need a spine in the team. I hate giving them a mention but Hertz had Mcdonald /a,n.other, Zaliukas, Scatchel, and numerous forwards.
Although Hanlon and Forster had a good first half against Utd I sill feel we need a stronger central defender. Midfield can Scott Allan sort that problem out ???. Up front we have Farad and Heff [ they might make a good partnership and also have Cummings] but still feel we need another decent experianced forward.

Probably on another thread, but Oxley is 6 months with a 6 month extension if we want to take it.... This covers us if he's toiling and his own team if they have an injury crisis. I'm guessing it's most likely he'll be our keeper for the full season.

Nutmegged
28-07-2014, 09:36 PM

I think they'll get 40 league goals between them to be honest and thats a conservative estimate - I'd say Boyd will get 22-25 and Miller will get 15+

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2014, 09:51 PM
I have not even looked how many teams are in this league, how many games do we play in the championship?

Nutmegged
28-07-2014, 09:53 PM
10 teams mate

36 games + a potential 5 play off games

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2014, 02:34 PM
10 teams mate

36 games + a potential 5 play off games

:aok:

silverhibee
29-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Boyd. 25 - 30 goals for the season.

Miller. 5 - 10 goals for the season.

jacomo
29-07-2014, 03:20 PM
I think they'll get 40 league goals between them to be honest and thats a conservative estimate - I'd say Boyd will get 22-25 and Miller will get 15+

Great. Shame the rumours about Boyd came to nothing, but apparently Kenny is dying to return to Hibs. Money not an issue etc :rolleyes:

southern hibby
29-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Maybe its just me but I feel that miller and /or Boyd may get a injury this season that keeps them out for a bit. Don't know why I think this except a more physical demanding league and both ageing.

GGTTH.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Maybe its just me but I feel that miller and /or Boyd may get a injury this season that keeps them out for a bit. Don't know why I think this except a more physical demanding league and both ageing.

GGTTH.

It may also be just a season too far for either or both of them.