PDA

View Full Version : Chumpionship: Predictions

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Here are mine:

Rangers to win it, pretty poor side but probably mid-table SPL.

Hibs and Hearts, much of a muchness, youngish teams with some experience. I think both sides are bottom four SPL but stronger than other Championship sides. That said, either one or both could struggle if they face strong, committed performances.

Problem for both clubs is that they could face each in the play-offs, the winner then having a quick turnaround game against SPL opposition.

I've a feeling both of them might have to do this again next season, without the Sticky Buns.

A lot will be down to what the new management teams at both clubs can get out of their squads.

johnrebus
26-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Here are mine:

Hibs and Hearts, much of a muchness, youngish teams with some experience. I think both sides are bottom four SPL but stronger than other Championship sides. That said, either one or both could struggle if they face strong, committed performances.

Problem for both clubs is that they could face each in the play-offs, the winner then having a quick turnaround game against SPL opposition.

I've a feeling both of them might have to do this again next season, without the Sticky Buns.

A lot will be down to what the new management teams at both clubs can get out of their squads.

Eh?

Don't you mean dirty ****ing Hun *******s?

:confused:

Pete
26-07-2014, 03:37 PM
The rangers to win the league. Probably with a little help from the officials.

Not meaning to be disrespectful but it will undoubtedly be ourselves playing the Savile mob to see who will contest the play off. Why bother with the season, just toss a coin to determine who has the home game last.

Zazu62
26-07-2014, 03:42 PM
The rangers and us to get promoted

HibbyAndy
26-07-2014, 03:43 PM

:agree:

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 03:45 PM

THE Rangers to win the league, Hibs to beat Hearts in the play-offs and then hump St.Mirren in the play-off final:greengrin

Brightside
26-07-2014, 03:45 PM
:agree:

Hibs will win by more than 8 points. Hearts / Rangers / Falkirk

Hibeesmad
26-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Hearts to beat The Rangers last game of the season meaning Hibs win the League with a victory over Falkirk 😉

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Hearts to beat The Rangers last game of the season meaning Hibs win the League with a victory over Falkirk 

Nelson last minute header :D

The Leith Dutch
26-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Hibs to win the league.

Part of that is the heart rather than the head.

That said, I don't actually think the yams are in a position that could withstand a Hibs performance that shows commitment and belief.
Their recent record against us is not about football - it's about the mental side of thegame.

Meanwhile the rangers have an ageing team that will has grown comfortable beating a lot of part timers and which will have an air of complacency.
I think they can and will struggle against full time professionals playing in organised teams the bulk of whom will want their scalp.

In short - it's all about what Hibs do and there is no reason we cannot go up as Champions.

southern hibby
26-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm calling it HIBS TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Then full fat and diet to win play of and play SPFL team.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
26-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm a little bit more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago but I still think we'll finish around 3rd or 4th.

Sevco should win the league quite comfortably with Boyd and Miller up front and H****s have put together a decent squad for this level and I think they'll finish runners up.

That's as things stand, I know there's another four or five weeks to make more signings.

ekhibee
26-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm a little bit more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago but I still think we'll finish around 3rd or 4th.

Sevco should win the league quite comfortably with Boyd and Miller up front and H****s have put together a decent squad for this level and I think they'll finish runners up.

That's as things stand, I know there's another four or five weeks to make more signings.
Yep, agree with all of that. It'll be interesting to see who we can bring in if anybody. I think that could make a big difference in the long haul.

Billychaotic182
26-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't see us hearts and the rangers finding it as easy as some would think. Teams like Raith and Dumbarton are more than capable of beating all of us.

Kato
26-07-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't see us hearts and the rangers finding it as easy as some would think. Teams like Raith and Dumbarton are more than capable of beating all of us.

Good. It could come down to avoiding banana skins then.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Hibs
Rangers
Hearts
Falkirk
Livingston
Dumbarton
Queen of The South
Raith Rovers
Alloa
Cowdenbeath

Keith_M
26-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Falkirk showed today how to score goals, beating an admittedly poor East Stirling 7-1. I think people are a bit too quick to write off teams like them.

At this moment, I don't think anybody can really predict how Hibs & Hearts are going to do.

S4uzee
26-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Find it hard to believe people think Hibs will win the league. We've only signed 3 players and still have a lot of players who contributed to last season who look like they will be in the first 11 like Nelson, Craig

Keith_M
26-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Hibs
Rangers
Hearts
Falkirk
Livingston
Dumbarton
Queen of The South
Raith Rovers
Alloa
Cowdenbeath

With two minor adjustments :wink:

Hibs
Falkirk
Livingston
Dumbarton
Queen of The South
Raith Rovers
Alloa
Cowdenbeath
Rangers
Hearts

Eyrie
26-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Sadly I can't see past Sevco to win the league. It's between us and the Yams for second with the key being the players we have still to bring in and how quickly our squad gels.

And whoever gets that playoff spot will have good momentum going into the games against the second bottom team in the top flight. If it's us then I'm confident that we will go straight back up.

SunshineOnLeith
26-07-2014, 05:12 PM
It's not going to be a procession of the 'big 3' winning every week except for when they play each other, that's for sure. All 3 of us will drop points unexpectedly along the way. If The Rangers drop points early on and find themselves behind I'm not sure their squad of aging mercenaries will be up for the fight to reel us and/or Hearts in. However, if they pull away in the opening weeks of the season they'll probably go on to win handsomely.

I've not been paying attention to Hearts at all but I imagine the two of us will be pretty well level pegging.

The Rangers to finish either third or first as above, Hibs/Hearts to make up the rest of the top three but can't separate us at the moment. First derby is massive to set the tone for the season.

dave62
26-07-2014, 05:20 PM
With two minor adjustments :wink:

Hibs
Falkirk
Livingston
Dumbarton
Queen of The South
Raith Rovers
Alloa
Cowdenbeath
Rangers
Hearts

Please :pray:

hfc rd
26-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Sadly I can't see past Sevco to win the league. It's between us and the Yams for second with the key being the players we have still to bring in and how quickly our squad gels.

And whoever gets that playoff spot will have good momentum going into the games against the second bottom team in the top flight. If it's us then I'm confident that we will go straight back up.

Agree with this.

lobster
26-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Falkirk showed today how to score goals, beating an admittedly poor East Stirling 7-1. I think people are a bit too quick to write off teams like them.

At this moment, I don't think anybody can really predict how Hibs & Hearts are going to do.

Agreed. The Falling Masonry will win it and Hibs Falkirk and Hearts will fight out the play-off.

hfc rd
26-07-2014, 05:26 PM
THE Rangers to win the league, Hibs to beat Hearts in the play-offs and then hump St.Mirren in the play-off final:greengrin

If rather play Hamilton in the play offs and hump them. Revenge for last season.

JustSimplyHibs
26-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Here are mine:

Hibs to win it and our neighbours to get promoted.

dmc1875
26-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Hibs to win it and our neighbours to get promoted.

I honestly believe we have a strong chance. Rangers have the firepower though, but their defence is horrid.

Hearts I'm not so sure but I do believe we have better midfield players than they do.

Players such as Robertson, Craig, Hanlon, Harris, and even Heffernan have the ability but didn't show it under TB but if Stubbs can get them firing we should remember there are still some decent players in our squad.

Add to that Alagui and Allan we have a proven championship striker and a potentially very good attacking mid.

Hibs to win the league, Hearts to lose the playoff :wink:

Albanian Hibs
26-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Hibs to win league
Hertz to win play off

dave62
26-07-2014, 08:02 PM
The Rangers will win the league because they'll throw the most money at it. Might not be their money but hey ho.

Hibs will get into the play-offs somehow, then we'll see what happens from there.

sleeping giant
26-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Hibs to win the league.
Hearts to finish 2nd /3rd.
Sevco to finish 4th/5th.

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Hibs to win the league.
Hearts to beat THE Rangers in the play-off before going on to lose to Dundee in the final ;)

lord bunberry
26-07-2014, 08:17 PM
That lot still have all the dross that got them relegated and the few experienced players they had have been replaced with unknown quantities, IMO they will struggle to get in the first two and it will be between us and the rangers for the league. The playoffs are a lottery and could go either way.

Aldo
26-07-2014, 08:18 PM
That lot still have all the dross that got them relegated and the few experienced players they had have been replaced with unknown quantities, IMO they will struggle to get in the first two and it will be between us and the rangers for the league. The playoffs are a lottery and could go either way.

Agree with this. I do however think Falkirk will be the dark horses of the league.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Might stick 10er on us winning the league :wink:

lord bunberry
26-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Might stick 10er on us winning the league :wink:

I get a £10 free bet with sky bet every week, I've stuck everyone of them on hibs winning the league. I've no idea how much I've got on but if we do it I'll be partying for a good wee while.

eastterrace
26-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Hibs to win the league.
Hearts to finish 2nd /3rd.
Sevco to finish 4th/5th.

sorry mate you will be way off with that . how we going to win the league with our october to February slump. sevco will win it in a canter and we will scrape into the play offs like our neighbors.

heretoday
26-07-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm hoping Hibs win the league.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 10:16 PM
I get a £10 free bet with sky bet every week, I've stuck everyone of them on hibs winning the league. I've no idea how much I've got on but if we do it I'll be partying for a good wee while.

Hahaha, quality mate! :thumbsup:

Waxy
26-07-2014, 10:36 PM
The Rangers to win the league.I really do hope that we finish 2nd and go on to promotion, i have no idea how it will pan out.
Just once can it go our way please.

Forza Fred
26-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Sevco to romp it Hertz clear second

A small group, hopefully including us, fighting for the remaining two play off spots

Can see us, depending on whether there are a few more decent signings or not finishing between third and sixth

But, I emphasise depends on signings

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2014, 11:24 PM
I have no idea how its going to go, but FWIW.

The Zombies should stroll it, with probably the odd glitch along the way. The only danger I can see for them is that the Championship as far as I can see is a fair bit of a step up in quality from the bottom two divisions and a few of their guys will be found out ..... I'm also pleased to say that I think McCoist is a poor manager and even more pleased that a lot of current buns seem to think so too. Oh and financial meltdown of course.

The Yams had a good end to the season, which could be a good thing in that they may be over confident, but if Bauben and Gomis play like they did for Dundee Utd they will have a decent midfield ............. if.

As for us ..... Like I said I have no idea, we have so many things to turn around, our appalling home form, our lack of goals, our inability to win important games and a losing mentality ...... the club are making all the right noises, but we always do pre season ..... as far as Hibs go its a case of wait and see.

As for the rest ...... I have a feeling that any one of them can take points from 'the big three' on their day and theres every chance one of them will mount a challenge for a play off place.

Aldo
27-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Sevco to romp it Hertz clear second A small group, hopefully including us, fighting for the remaining two play off spots Can see us, depending on whether there are a few more decent signings or not finishing between third and sixth But, I emphasise depends on signings

Der Hun possibly with the size of their budget should win the league but I don't get this Yams in clear second.

They signed a couple of journeyman midfielders a couple of other unknown players yet they will be clear second.

What happens if they get a few injuries etc their squad then starts to look a bit thread bare.

I really do think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

A keeper and possibly another permanent signing and a few loans will see us moving in the right direction.

Brizo
27-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I predict we will make the play offs and play Hamilton again :grr:

It will be deja vu... all over again. Hopefully with the right outcome next time

Steve20
27-07-2014, 07:34 AM
We need about 4-5 more decent signing to challenge for title. Squad just isn't good enough just now.

Rangers to win the league. Us, Hearts and Falkirk making up the top 4.

Forza Fred
27-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Der Hun possibly with the size of their budget should win the league but I don't get this Yams in clear second.

They signed a couple of journeyman midfielders a couple of other unknown players yet they will be clear second.

What happens if they get a few injuries etc their squad then starts to look a bit thread bare.

I really do think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

A keeper and possibly another permanent signing and a few loans will see us moving in the right direction.

I guess time will tell.

However my view is based on the fact that they have had a whole season of adversity to prepare them for this season.

At the end of last season they were playing with a bit confidence, and getting reasonable results.

As for possible injuries leaving them with a threadbare squad.....I think they have more in reserve than us, should that happen to us.

Hope I'm wrong, but most certainly a case of the head ruling the heart in this prediction.

But as I say, time will tell

Aldo
27-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I guess time will tell. However my view is based on the fact that they have had a whole season of adversity to prepare them for this season. At the end of last season they were playing with a bit confidence, and getting reasonable results. As for possible injuries leaving them with a threadbare squad.....I think they have more in reserve than us, should that happen to us. Hope I'm wrong, but most certainly a case of the head ruling the heart in this prediction. But as I say, time will tell

I can totally understand where you are coming from but I think we will do well with one or two players hopefully getting their fingers out and showing us what they should of done last season.

There will no doubt be a few glitches along the way but like I say we will be there or there abouts.

As for them having a bit more in reserve..... Young players that played most of last season... Possibly but if we can get a few more in then like I say we will not be far off.

Few players with a point to prove etc so onwards and upwards

DH1875
27-07-2014, 08:01 AM
We need about 4-5 more decent signing to challenge for title. Squad just isn't good enough just now.

Rangers to win the league. Us, Hearts and Falkirk making up the top 4.

This. Rangers should win it and us, hearts and Falkirk will make up the top 4 although Im not sure in what order yet.

DH1875
27-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Wonder if fat sally will still be in a job if rangers arent clear by christmas. If they punt him it would mean a new manager with maybe new players so that should see them win it. Could they cherry pick our best players if we're pushing them?

Onceinawhile
27-07-2014, 10:20 AM
At the moment:

Rangers

hearts
falkirk

us
Livi
Qots
Dumbarton
raith
Alloa
Cowdenbeath.

#FromTheCapital
27-07-2014, 10:42 AM
The rangers to win the league. Hibs, hearts and Falkirk battling it out for the playoff spot. Anybodies guess who gets it. Whoever does will be promoted imo.

3pm
27-07-2014, 10:50 AM
We won't win it.

We could have won it but we'd need an entire overhaul of the team. There are still too many that are not good enough.

I have seen a few mentions of ' clean slates' but that won't happen.

I am extremely hopeful that Stubbs and Dempster will improve the football club in the course of time but he's still relying on too many who let a lot of us down last year.

I do think we'll get into the playoffs and with a few more signings for the right areas, a style of football that means we'll attack with a bit more purpose and a bit luck there is no reason we cannot get promoted. That has to be the aim.

Turkish Green
27-07-2014, 11:06 AM
My wife says I am a natural pessimist but despite that...

RANGERS will lose more games than people expect but they will still be too strong over the 36 games
FALKIRK are my dark horses. They should do enough to get 2nd place.
HEARTS will stutter at the start but will come on to a run.
LIVINGSTON to just finish in 4th place on GD.
RAITH to lose out on fewer goals scored.
HIBS to be in the play-off places most of the season but have a poor end of the season due to injuries.
QOS
DUMBARTON
COWDENBEATH
ALLOA

My concern for Hibs is that Stubbs still has to rely on the nucleus of last season's squad with only a handful of new players. They may start the season well but results get poorer due to suspensions and injuries affecting a small squad requiring loan signings in January.

cleanyman
27-07-2014, 11:09 AM
We'll finish 4th.

GlenrothesHibee
27-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Rangers to win league, battle on between us and Hearts for 2nd and Falkirk not far behind. Tbh as long as we finish in a playoff spot I dont care

bandylegs_jLeighton
27-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Although very important, I think too many people are solely looking at the quality of each teams squad on paper. On paper we shouldn't have been relegated last season. What about the managerial performance? Setting teams up well tactically, helping the team build a winning mentality, maintaining a happy, hard working squad, getting your home crowd onside.

The rangers have very good players for this league, but Fat Sally appears to be tactically inept, they play dinosaur football, and I think there will be major unrest in the stands unless they are leading from the off.

Alan Stubbs is a complete unknown. However he has made all the right noises, the players are seemingly enjoying training, it looks as though the teams style of play will be more enjoyable for the fans to watch, and Stubbs seemingly has a good reputation for being an excellent coach amongst those in the game. Under the right guidance, last seasons woeful players could be stars in this league. Fingers crossed - the most important signing of the season might be the manager himself.

Today's game might give us a better insight, Dundee Utd are arguably better than Rangers.

Hibs for league champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
27-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Everybody confidently predicting Falkirk to round out the top 4, or even finish ahead of us, are clearly just looking at the teams in the division and going "Aye, I've heard of them, they'll be up there". The same people who decry the FIFA rankings on the basis of "How can 'country with little historic pedigree' be better than 'country which has historically been good'?!?!?"

Having spoken to some Falkirk fans this summer they very much feel their board are just targeting a mid table finish this season before attempting a challenge next season once one or two of the 'Big 3' have gone up.

I'm sure a team will emerge from the pack to challenge the three of us at the top but don't think it will be Falkirk.