PDA

View Full Version : Kids replica kits

Titch
26-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know of they will be like last years effort or back to normal?

monkeyboy1875
26-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know of they will be like last years effort or back to normal?

I contacted the shop and was told that they would be Avec strips again this year. Apparently there is a minimum number of strips that need to be ordered before they will produce Nike minikits, and it's not viable for the shop to order that amount of strips. This will be the case until the current deal with "Nike" ends. Really bugs me as I have 5 and 2 year old sons, with another on the way, and it'll be 4 years without a proper Hibs strip. Jambo mate's laddie has full Adidas minikit and I had the Hibs Puma and Le Coq minikits previously, so find it strange we have this deal.

Keith_M
26-07-2014, 01:36 PM
This is yet another reason I wish we weren't with Nike.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Is there no sponsor on the kids strips?

HibbyKeith
26-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Is there no sponsor on the kids strips?

Don't think so Andy. I would assume there is some legality with it being a gambling company sponsor.

It was the same with Crabbies. I think the kids tops had John Crabbies on them which was the non alcoholic version of the ginger ale.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Don't think so Andy. I would assume there is some legality with it being a gambling company sponsor.

It was the same with Crabbies. I think the kids tops had John Crabbies on them which was the non alcoholic version of the ginger ale.

:aok:

Hink i might just get them the training top then at half the price :greengrin

Thecat23
26-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Also no away mini kits apparently. Guy said home only.

Casper
26-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Not long back from the shop myself. My lad is 6yrs old and gets the boys XS size and what a surprise we left the shop without the full kit! Apparently, they only ordered in 10 pairs of the away shorts, which were all sold this morning. It's an absolute joke! FFS it's supposed to be the launch day!! I could understand if it was 2/3weeks after the launch and they were waiting on stock coming in. Sick of leaving the shop with the wee man disappointed. Get it sorted Hibs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibby86
26-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Also no away mini kits apparently. Guy said home only.

i hope this isn't true. Mind u it wouldn't in the least bit surprise me we are talking about hibs after all!!

Thecat23
26-07-2014, 05:16 PM
i hope this isn't true. Mind u it wouldn't in the least bit surprise me we are talking about hibs after all!!

Was the same last year, home kit only! The sooner we leave the Nike templates the better. Or whatever third party we deal with.

Beefster
26-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Not long back from the shop myself. My lad is 6yrs old and gets the boys XS size and what a surprise we left the shop without the full kit! Apparently, they only ordered in 10 pairs of the away shorts, which were all sold this morning. It's an absolute joke! FFS it's supposed to be the launch day!! I could understand if it was 2/3weeks after the launch and they were waiting on stock coming in. Sick of leaving the shop with the wee man disappointed. Get it sorted Hibs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should write to Dempster. I'd imagine this is exactly the sort of thing that she wants to fix.

Albanian Hibs
26-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Are the mini kits available yet? Wanting to get my 3 year old and 11 month old kitted out.

Casper
26-07-2014, 05:43 PM
You should write to Dempster. I'd imagine this is exactly the sort of thing that she wants to fix.

Was thinking of doing that. Maybe send a wee email to her tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renfrew_Hibby
26-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Dempster has already stated that she would like to see more kids out and about with Hibs tops on. She says that compared to Motherwell (much smaller fanbase) the numbers of kids in Hibs tops is poor.
She couldn't have been aware of the deal we have with the kit suppliers as what kid wants to play football with his hearts/oldfirm mates in some cheep crappy kid-on Hibs kit when his pals have all the latest replica gear from their clubs.
I think we need to look at terminating the deal we have with just sport next summer as it's hurting our chances to win over the next generation of Hibs fans. I believe Crystal Palace did just that at the end of last season.

Judas Iscariot
26-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Another year with no proper infant kit = another year with no sales to this household..

The Avec thing is a proper shan looky looky effort..

RyeSloan
26-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Dempster has already stated that she would like to see more kids out and about with Hibs tops on. She says that compared to Motherwell (much smaller fanbase) the numbers of kids in Hibs tops is poor. She couldn't have been aware of the deal we have with the kit suppliers as what kid wants to play football with his hearts/oldfirm mates in some cheep crappy kid-on Hibs kit when his pals have all the latest replica gear from their clubs. I think we need to look at terminating the deal we have with just sport next summer as it's hurting our chances to win over the next generation of Hibs fans. I believe Crystal Palace did just that at the end of last season.

Not saying the kids selection in he shop is great but there is plenty kids sized replica tops (maybe not shorts tho!)....unless you are talking about infants playing fitba with their mates?

Renfrew_Hibby
26-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Not saying the kids selection in he shop is great but there is plenty kids sized replica tops (maybe not shorts tho!)....unless you are talking about infants playing fitba with their mates?

I see, not aware of that!

We should still terminate the deal though.

Albanian Hibs
05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Anyone know if the mini kit is available instore yet?

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2014, 01:23 PM

What mini kit?

lord bunberry
05-08-2014, 01:29 PM
I bought the kids top last week, £36 is a joke, no wonder there's not many kids going around with hibs tops on.

HibbyAndy
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I bought the kids top last week, £36 is a joke, no wonder there's not many kids going around with hibs tops on.

:agree:

Skinned for £72 at the open training session.

Keith_M
05-08-2014, 01:44 PM

Did you say mini kilt? Like this one?

Albanian Hibs
05-08-2014, 01:46 PM
What mini kit?

Read the thread

Albanian Hibs
05-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Did you say mini kilt? Like this one?

Haha not sure if my son would look good in that, my 11 month daughter might though!

Keith_M
05-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Haha not sure if my son would look good in that, my 11 month daughter might though!

I don't think that's quite the target audience

:greengrin