PDA

View Full Version : Greyskull

The Pointer
26-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Funny as. I'm at Greyskull for the rugby and there's an unusually pleasant family atmosphere with nice folk from all over world and no hint of evil, menacing bigotry. Plenty of England flags to keep the locals happy right enough!-

Last time I was here we won 3-0.
GGTTH!

Baader
26-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Funny as. I'm at Greyskull for the rugby and there's an unusually pleasant family atmosphere with nice folk from all over world and no hint of evil, menacing bigotry. Plenty of England flags to keep the locals happy right enough!-

GGTTH!

First time for everything I suppose...

heretoday
26-07-2014, 09:04 AM
It's a grim part of Glasgow though. Wide, empty streets. Nowhere to hide.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm taking my 7 year old a week on Tuesday. It's ok though, I'm not totally irresponsible. I'm going to get him new trainers so he can keep up if we have to bolt.
:-)

villager
26-07-2014, 10:18 AM
In the he-man cartoon, castle greyskull was the lead character and hero's home. For the reference
To accurately reflect general feelings about the rangers stadium it should be known as snake mountain,
The villain of the piece, skeletor's castle.

:rules::greengrin

Hal Jordan
26-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Ah, but...

"Castle Grayskull is a legendary/mythical location situated in a barren wilderness. It serves as home to The Sorceress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorceress_of_Castle_Grayskull) and to the mysterious and rarely seen Spirit of Grayskull, as well as a place of refuge for He-Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man) and all those considered his friends. Its origins are unknown except for the fact that it was constructed to protect an unspecified source of power from those who would misuse it. It is a frequent target for the forces of evil."

ekhibee
26-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Ah, but...

"Castle Grayskull is a legendary/mythical location situated in a barren wilderness. It serves as home to The Sorceress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorceress_of_Castle_Grayskull) and to the mysterious and rarely seen Spirit of Grayskull, as well as a place of refuge for He-Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man) and all those considered his friends. Its origins are unknown except for the fact that it was constructed to protect an unspecified source of power from those who would misuse it. It is a frequent target for the forces of evil."
and Skeletor!

neilmartinrocks
26-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Having had to watch the series ( repeatedly ) I'm with Villager, it's Snake Mountain for the baddies.

And in no way could McCoist be called Skeletor. ;)

emerald green
26-07-2014, 06:11 PM
I stopped going to Ibrox/Greyskull many moons ago after one very scary occasion when I thought I/we might not get out of the place except in an ambulance.

This was in the days before Ibrox was redeveloped, and was a far cry from what it is today. For a Hibs supporter in those days it was a very intimidating place. No colours being worn, they could still spot you a mile away.

Mr White
26-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Having had to watch the series ( repeatedly ) I'm with Villager, it's Snake Mountain for the baddies.

And in no way could McCoist be called Skeletor. ;)

Richard gough is skeletor.

Skol
26-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Thats not what we used to sing ;-)

Mr White
26-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Thats not what we used to sing ;-)

:tee hee:

One Day
26-07-2014, 10:38 PM
I stopped going to Ibrox/Greyskull many moons ago after one very scary occasion when I thought I/we might not get out of the place except in an ambulance.

This was in the days before Ibrox was redeveloped, and was a far cry from what it is today. For a Hibs supporter in those days it was a very intimidating place. No colours being worn, they could still spot you a mile away.

strange that dunno if it was the fear in our faces or the fact that we were probably the only ones without some thing red white blue or orange

TrinityHibs
27-07-2014, 07:06 AM

GGTTH!

Also never heard the chant of Uganda Uganda there before.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Gorf
27-07-2014, 07:37 AM

They spotted you because they could smell the soap you used to wash yourself. They're not used to that smell. GGTTH.

HibbyDave
27-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I was also at HunBrox yesterday for the rugby 7s. A great day out and allowed to have alchohol at the match! no one will believe me but a weedgie polisman said "sorry" to me when he accidently stood in my view! They were all smiling happy people too.

jdships
27-07-2014, 10:15 AM
I was also at HunBrox yesterday for the rugby 7s. A great day out and allowed to have alchohol at the match! no one will believe me but a weedgie polisman said "sorry" to me when he accidently stood in my view! They were all smiling happy people too.

:thumbsup::agree:
Yes in the context of soccer it certainly was a day to remember for me !
We had supporters from SEVEN different teams around us and the banter was brilliant
A real " family friendly" day out

A lesson to be learned there surely :rolleyes:

emerald green
27-07-2014, 10:32 AM
strange that dunno if it was the fear in our faces or the fact that we were probably the only ones without some thing red white blue or orange

:agree: :greengrin

emerald green
27-07-2014, 10:33 AM
They spotted you because they could smell the soap you used to wash yourself. They're not used to that smell. GGTTH.

:greengrin

Frazerbob
27-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Just left the rugby at Ibrox and was thanked for coming by a steward AND a cop on the way out. First and only time that will happen.